[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Lantern Godhead storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 239
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 780x1200
Sup /co/, since Godhead wraps up tomorrow with four issues dropping I thought I'd storytime the whole crossover so far.

So let's go ahead and start with Green Lantern/New Gods: Godhead!
>>
>>
kind of futzing with the New God origin stuff we've seen, but... that's fine
>>
dat spread
>>
closeups
>>
>>68205035
Cool, I'll be reading.
>>
>>68205082

The only thing it's really futzing is Darkseid's proportions
>>
>>68205035
Hell yes
>>
check out the font they used for 'genesis'
>>
>>
this fucker

>>68205123
yeah he does look a bit... off
>>
>>68205123
Really, Godhead futzes everything about the New Gods even without the origin.
>>
File: 1419381568126.jpg (27 KB, 359x201) Image search: [Google]
1419381568126.jpg
27 KB, 359x201
>>
>>
>>68205035
You think this will end up having a connection to either futures end or the darkseid war or will this end up just being a green lantern storyline only?
>>
Kyle's been letting everybody think he was dead because reasons and Walker has been mopey as fuck
>>
I love that they got Sudzuka for this part

>>68205156
yeah they really don't look too good in this at all
>>
>>68205189
No.
They suck. They suck hard.
>>
Highfather's learning program...

>>68205168
to Darkseid War, perhaps? Mister MIracle is going to be in it and I wouldn't be surprised if Orion shows up

I also expect Johns to ignore parts he doens't like since I don't think he's too fond of Venditti's GL
>>
>>68205156
>MUH NEW GODS
>MUH 90 BILLION

Highfather being literally worse than Space Hitler is the best change ever
>>
>>
you're missing a couple colors there bro

>>68205196
they really do
>>
>>68205205
gr8 b8
>>
surely this will go well and nothing horrible will happen
>>
>>68205197
I really just want Mister Miracle and Brada to just be salvaged form the mess Earth 2 has become.
>>
>>
I really like the way Highfather and New Genesis are acting now. It's not classic Kirby New Gods, but it isn't some sort of 'affront' to the originals, it simply takes place during the time of Izaya the Warrior, before he picked up the Shepherd's crook.

>>68205244
God fucking tell me about it. Why do so many good characters have to be locked inside that fucking containment facility with all the OC garbage.
>>
>>68205223
DC really hates the New Gods.

>>68205244
I want the New Gods to be salvaged from the mess that is their New 52 writers. Godhead, Earth 2, just shit.
>>
>>68205236

What, don't you like having a Highfather who killed or maimed more people in one page than Darkseid has in 3 years? And then said "whoops lol might as well kill them all"?
>>
I appreciate that gratuitous ass shot
>>
>>68205244
Ditto

maybe Scott can bring Barda with him when he escapes into JL
>>
>>68205278
>Despotellis

Shit, he hasn't done anything yet, has he? Oh lawdy.
>>
>>68205269
>I really like the way Highfather and New Genesis are acting now. It's not classic Kirby New Gods, but it isn't some sort of 'affront' to the originals, it simply takes place during the time of Izaya the Warrior, before he picked up the Shepherd's crook.

You keep saying this shit, but it is pretty much TOTALLY WRONG.

>The time of Izaya the Warrior

That was before they switched the fucking babies.
>>
>>68205271
>I want the New Gods to be salvaged from the mess that is their New 52 writers

Yeah, the guys who handled them preboot really knew their shit. Loeb and Starlin's treatment of the New Gods blows all this garbage out of the water.

This is just a mess.
>>
Arkillo ;___;

>>68205269
>God fucking tell me about it. Why do so many good characters have to be locked inside that fucking containment facility with all the OC garbage.
burn it all down
>>
Poor 'Fleeze

...this is the only page he's shown up in in this whole thing so far
>>
some random unnamed Sapphires

dat Lightray face

>>68205293
no, I'd forgotten that they sent him with the ring

Sinestro is gonna be great tomorrow
>>
>>68205269
Why do you always have to cocksuck every little book you like?

This version of the New Gods is complete crap. Don't act like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>68205296
Okay.

So now it's pushed forward.

Because I have a hard time seeing this event end without setting up a New Gods book that chronicles the societal changes in New Genesis to a more peaceful society from an authoritarian one.
>>
oh Munk
>>
>>
>>68205348
There was no need to "push it forward". The fact that Highfather still acts like Izaya the Warrior, after all this time, makes him seem like an incredibly dense and evil character.

It's perhaps one of the most retarded changes of all time.
>>
>>
RIP unnamed red chick

>>68205348
if this DOES lead to that I will be more okay with it, but they're just so... sinister right now
>>
I might actually enjoy this if it wasn't about the New Gods. Oh well.
>>
dammit Orion
>>
WHY IS MOGO'S RING JUST OUT IN THE OPEN

also grow some goddamn balls Walker, getting real tired of this sadsack act
>>
>>68205406
I think it's like Earth 2.
They just need to burn it down and start again with the New Gods.
>>
>>68205346
I like talking about books I like.

>>68205382
We've never really had any exploration of Highfather while he's acting like this, I'm happy for new types of stories to be told, rather than retreading the same damn old Kirby tales again and again and again.
>>
hi Hal!

>>68205414
they've pretty much been the low point of this for me yeah

I quite enjoy the parts involving Hal, Sinestro and Black Hand
>>
>the blue ring is trying to go back
y-yeah, hope burns bright ;_;
>>
Mogo ;___;

I REALLY hope Mogo doesn't die AGAIN

also, this page looks much better on my print copy, there's more green in the middle panel
>>
>>68205447
It's not about retreading, it's about not creating these wild and amazingly awful renditions that seem to have been made for no real reason.

I'm all happy for "new types", just not types that are just shit. There is no question that this has been a completely awful rendition of the New Gods.

It's different so it's good, isn't a good case.
>>
>>
>>68205495
Okay.

Why is it bad, then? Why is this a completely awful rendition of the characters? Because it's dissimilar to their original forms?
>>
welp everything's fucked
>>
>>
I'll probably wait for this to come out as a trade before I read it.

One question though.

is it worth reading? Is it good?
>>
well shit
>>
nice going, assholes

>>68205541
I don't like everything about it but I like enough about it that I'd recommend it

This is the first time Venditti's GL has really felt GL-y to me
>>
shouldn't you guys have thought of that BEFORE you had to murder a whole planet? have some forethought!
>>
>>68205564
>This is the first time Venditti's GL has really felt GL-y to me

At the very least, we can all agree on this, right? This story has been just fine to the Lanterns. Save Larfleeze.
>>
>>68205319
What does it matter. He's a living battery. He can literally fart them out.
>>
pfffff
>>
>>68205520
Not because it's "dissimilar", but because it's a complete 180.

Saying it's "dissimilar" is just a way of downplaying how changed everything has been. What the fuck was so wrong with Highfather that making this completely disparate version is now seen as "refreshing"?

Again, "dissimilar"? Dissimilar is cool. That's just what you expect from a reboot. Being completely on the other side of the CORE of the New Gods is the shitty bit.

Oh, I guess we can't say that Earth 2 is awful anymore. I really like the new Big Barda. It's a new take, so it must be something to praise.
>>
>>68205541
Well, it isn't terrible. Read the first ten pages. If you don't like it, stop reading, and wait until you see Black Hand.
>>
I kind of like the unified covers they gave to the books, even if the execution left a little to be desired
>>
RIP cannon fodder lanterns

>>68205581
it kind of sucks seeing them get stomped SO HARD but
>>
>>
>84.6 billion

oh dear

>>68205711
whoops, i meant to say but it's been pretty nice for the lanterns overall

GLC and RL feel like filler though
>>
>>68205600
PS. I'm sorry for being so assblasted and taking room from the thread.
Sorry OP.

I like the Black Hand bits a lot, but I just cannot tolerate the New Gods. At all.
>>
I want Billy Tan to leave
>>
>>68205127
there's a Starro near the bottom left
>>
>>
>>68205740
it's okay anon, I welcome discussion whether it's about stuff you like or not

Black Hand has been great
>>
>>
>>68205711
Eh, they can kill as many cannon fodder as they want as long as no Xudarians are harmed in the process. Fuck anyone who kills one though. I fucking love that race. They are to me what Korugarians are to Sinestro.
>>
>>
>>68205272
How else are you supposed to make the actual space fascists look good?
>>
>>68205600
In-story, there is something clearly wrong with the way Highfather is acting. Multiple characters on the side of the New Gods have voiced their concerns on this, and even rebelled. It's obvious that this presentation of them is not going to be their final one. They're not going to win, they (specifically Highfather) are the antagonists of this story. The Lanterns are going to win. Duh. So yes, they are acting 'off'.

But it's not like this is something totally brand new. It grows organically from the way Azz portrayed them in Wonder Woman, and aligns just fine with Infinity Man and the Forever People. The overall narrative of these New Gods isn't even near completion, and I'd genuinely bet money that once Convergence ends, we'll get a Didio/Giffen New Gods title that will focus on them becoming like the New Gods of old. There've been too many voices damning Highfather's authoritarian rule in universe, and there's just no way he's going to win. Stop looking at these New Gods as if they've traveled through everything the old ones have, they're getting there. This universe is still fresh, we've got plenty of time to explore these new interpretations and the new directions the characters can take.

I'll readily admit, if this was going to be a 100% static interpretation of the New Gods and Highfather that would never ever change ever, it'd be bullshit, but it isn't. I can't see it like that.

>>68205695
I wish they kept the unified cover theme for this month.
>>
>CRASH THE SYSTEM WE'RE BEING HACKED

what is this, a shitty government agency drama?
>>
>>
shut up Orion
>>
>>68205825
>I wish they kept the unified cover theme for this month.
yeah the Kirby homage covers weren't that good
>>
>>68205825
>I'll readily admit, if this was going to be a 100% static interpretation of the New Gods and Highfather that would never ever change ever, it'd be bullshit, but it isn't. I can't see it like that.

I'm sorry, but I can. And even if it wasn't. This has been pretty horribly handled and it's horribly handled in such a way to put them on the antagonistical side.

>Grows organically from Wonder Woman
Why would I give a shit?
>Aligns just fine with Forever People
Forever People is fine, but it is BENT to Godhead's will.
>>
>>
I don't really recall Orion acting like this in Wonder Woman

then again nobody acknowledges Azz's Wondy
>>
>>68205873
>>68205853

way to jump to the wrong conclusion, hal
>>
Did they just run right into those spears? come on guys
>>
you shouldn't have gone for the throat Orion, you're only turning him on more!
>>
>>
>>68205825
I'll lend a voice here and say, that hey - you may be right.

You MAY be right.

But the fact of the matter is that none of this NEEDED to happen. It was done from some stupid company line or idea that someone SOMEWHERE had and it was incorporated into these books. And it's just the worst idea to introduce the New Gods into the New 52.
>>
well fuck
>>
GLs have been dying at such a rapid rate lately soon they'll be nothing BUT untrained noobs
>>
>>68205964
And it's not really in the least bit interesting.

At least Forever People HAD potential with it's whole rebellious greenpeace thing, but it got cancelled.
>>
>everything's going to hell, let's go see Sinestro
>how will that help the corps?
>help the corps?
>>
>>68205873
I could've sworn only GL did a Kirby homage, I'unno. At least we had sweet, sweet Darwyn Cooke covers.

Also how the fuck is Billy Tan still on this book when every single fill-in is better than him?

>>68206006
Okay, yes. Forever People's take on a more fascistic New Gods society has been much better than Godhead's, totally.
>>
>>68205205
he's more like space stalin
>>
>>68206006
I'm so bummed that Forever People had to spend time tying into this when they knew from the start that it wasn't going to last

why try vain attempts at sales boosts when they won't actually help
>>
Wait, I think I got the perfect sum-up here.

It's like if that small bit of "chipped Shoulder" Billy from Curse of Shazam's start was AMPED UP TO ASSHOLE LEVELS and then stretched out to a THOUSAND times the length.

>>68206040
Godhead's rendition has been a 0. Zero. Nada. Nil.
And I am deeply angry that Forever People had to succumb to it's shit.
>>
>>68206040
>At least we had sweet, sweet Darwyn Cooke covers.
yeah I actually bought the GL one and I'll be grabbing the Sinestro one, they're amazing

>Also how the fuck is Billy Tan still on this book when every single fill-in is better than him?
HE SUCKS

Portela was fantastic, I want him to be the main artist
>>
>>
>>68206082
I really just hope Didio/Giffen get to do a clean sweep with the New Gods. IF they get the chance.

Yeah, that's right - IF.

Because the only two writers who have shown they can actually write New Gods in the New 52 only rank as a MAYBE option for DC.
>>
>>
>>
>>68206111
I wish to see a New Gods #1 by Giffen/Didio so bad
>>
>>
>>68206084
Okay, that analogy is very fair.

>>68206111
We're getting at least 12 new books in June, I don't see us NOT getting a new Giffen project. He's pretty much had one since the start of the New 52. OMAC > Threshold > Larfleeze > Forever People... here's hoping.
>>
>>
>>
>>68206155
I really want to see what they do in the last issue of Forever People.
They're doing a callback to THE PACT. I want to hope beyond hope.

>>68206172
It's only fair if you're right.
And I'm sorry, Massani - but I disagree 100% about what you said about Izaya and his Warrior mode at the start of the thread.
>>
>>
>>68206198
I think it can be put in this way.

If this Highfather is okay because "he's still a warrior" and if that makes sense because "his development was pushed back A LOT for some reason" then everything that has been done with Big Barda makes a lot of sense too.

And if Big Barda makes sense then nothing does.
>>
>>68206172
I'm excited to learn about new stuff upcoming

There's been trickles of rumors already but I crave more
>>
>>
>>
>>68206257
I really want to hope that Didio and Giffen will get another Fourth World book.

But they keep sinking like rocks... anchors at best.

If they wanted to do a New Gods series that would sell - they would not choose Didio and Giffen.
>>
>>
>>68206257
Apparently Hal took all the jobbers with him.
>>
Vath noooo
>>
oh noooo

>>68206293
yeah which is really unfortunate

unless they like... put Jim Lee on it or something
>>
>John using a gun construct
surprise!

thank god Isamot had two hands!
>>
>>68206332
I'm okay with anything as long as they get free reign on it.
A medium-to-hard reboot of the brand.

It desperately needs it.
>>
>>68206308
Hal should have gone alone, then he probably could have taken out a bunch of the divine guard

GLs work on an inverse scale, where if there is one guy he'll be strong as fuck but if there are 20 of them they'll get cut down like grass
>>
>>68206257
We've had the Marc Silvestri bat-book rumor... what else, besides putting two and two together and getting a GL weekly?
>>
Where ya going Kilowog?
>>
>>68206362
Like ninjas
>>
>>68206358
>A medium-to-hard reboot of the brand.
thankfully DC hasn't been too averse to doing that lately
>>
hi Indigo!

>>68206365
Pat Broderick on a GL thing

he's drawing John Stewart's origin story in Secret Origins so maybe he'll be on relaunched GLC
>>
>>68206388
Exactly.

Just wipe the shitstain of Godhead and Earth 2 clean. And begin anew.

Also - here's hoping for Johns' Shazam, and that he DOESN'T leave Superman.
>>
>>68206362
>>68206308
Speaking of jobbing has Sodom Yat shown up yet?
>>
hahah time for worst
>>
i'll admit I've only skimmed this issue
>>
>>68206430
>Also - here's hoping for Johns' Shazam, and that he DOESN'T leave Superman.
yeah I was hoping he'd stick around on Superman for a while yet

I really do want Shazam though
>>
>>68206430
Honestly I'd rather have Parker/Shaner Shazam, Geoff's just too busy.

I haven't been following Earth-2 at all for awhile, have they done anything particularly shit to the New Gods mythos besides a council of OCs on Apokolips?
>>
>>68206454
He showed up in GLC a few months ago but he decided to stay on Daxam instead of rejoining the GLC for reasons I don't remember

fuck Daxam
>>
>>
>>68206469
Get ready for fridge callbacks

>>68206500
SPEAKING OF DAXAM.

Lemire should really write that Legion book starring Mon-El he very clearly wants to.
>>
>>68206485
Agreed.

>>68206490
Just the regular stuff like shitting on Highfather, Mr. Miracle, and Big Barda.

Parker/Shaner is NEAT for Convergence, but I really want to see where Geoff is GOING. I want new 52 Monster Society.
>>
>>68206490
they've taken a big shit on Barda

and they're writing Scott and Darkseid horribly now too
>>
>>
>>68206526
fridge callbacks and disgusting kyle/carol
>>
>>68206531
They touched The Pact.
You don't touch The Pact unless you can fucking write.
>>
>>
>>
>>68206565
and as we have learned, nobody writing WE can fucking write!
>>
WHOOPS
>>
>>
>>68206601
No one on any side can do the Fourth World right.

I mean, The Pact is the Pact. I love the New Gods - but the Pact is just the pinnacle - the best Fourth World issue ever.

That entire sequence of Young Highfather wandering into the desert... first meeting the Source Wall. It's powerful. No other word. Powerful.
>>
>>68206560
God, the post-Godhead GL issue solicit.

>Hal goes back to earth!
YAAAAY
>And has a conversation with Carol
BOOOO

>>68206527
Thing is with Flash and Arrow doing so well and more DCTV stuff that Geoff's going to have to supervise coming up, I can't see him having enough time for more than two books. Parker did a strong job following Geoff's stuff for Aquaman, I'd trust him to develop the Mr. Mind and Sivana plot threads that've been left dangling.

>>68206601
I'm past the point where I can be hurt by Earth-2 anymore. Nothing short of them brutally killing all the Robinson characters could affect me.
>>
>>
>>68206625
BTFO kyle you moody bitch
>>
>>
>>
>>68206637
If I HAD to trust anyone - make it Sterling Gates.
Parker is someone I think would write something... okay in terms of Johns' Shazam, but not something completely on the mark.

Sterling Gates? He could do it.
>>
>>68206637
>BOOOO
my thoughts exactly

I hope she shows up for a page and then fucks off and then Hal can go visit people who actually like him, like Barry and Tom
>>
>>68206637
> Nothing short of them brutally killing all the Robinson characters could affect me.
never say never!
>>
haaaaaate

>>68206664
Gates needs to come back to comics soon
>>
>>68206664
What has Gates been up to since Vibe ended? TV stuff? I'd love to see him on a new ongoing.

But Doc Shaner's gotta stay. I couldn't have picked a better artist for the book.
>>
well thank fuck that's over

>>68206643
there's another nice BTFO moment in act III
>>
>>68206697
Oh, they're all already dead to me.
Which is why I;m so big on the whole "let it all burn".

There's nothing there.
>>
time to GET RED

this issue is more fillery than GLC was but at least there's some Guy/Ice fun
>>
>>68206720
Shaner would be GREAT... for a RETRO book.
For New 52 Shazam... no. I can't see it.

Not anything on Shaner. But he's not the man for the job. That's how the cookie crumbles, imo.
>>
>>68206674
>like Barry and Tom
Oh god, please. But I would be surprised if we got either of the two, let alone both. When was the last time he visited Tom and his kids?
>>
dat Tora
>>
>>68206720
Shaner is perfect
>>
well... you did used to be pretty chatty, Guy

>>68206728
yeah... pretty much

I will still be sad and angry if they kill Jay or something though
>>
>>68206808
I'd be more... "Well, at least they finally did it"
>>
>>68206746
I don't know, I don't think we've seen Tom in ages, it would be really nice if he showed up

Barry I'm not sure, he's stuck in the speedforce in his own book and I don't know if Venditti would relax on continuity like that since he's writing both books

I just want Hal to not be completely miserable for a whole issue
>>
>>68205127
sega?
>>
>>
>>68206808
Yeah, Alan and Jay are pretty much the only emotional ties I have to that book anymore. At least most of the other characters worth thinking about are in FE and will probably escape via that.
>>
>>
>>68206814
I wouldn't be shocked, no
>>
>>68206825
yep!
>>
>>68206798
High octane bara Guy
>>
>>68206830
True, but they haven't really done much in FE besides be background noise
>>
>>68206849
Not shocked but like... "eh".
If they died, that would be my reaction because every shit I could give has been burnt down.
>>
>>
>>68206857
unghh...I...I feel the early nineties crashing over me...
>>
>>
>>68206798
Someone LIKE Gary Frank, but a little more relaxed in realism would be perfect.
New 52 needs the sort of art with that bit of a grounded edge.
>>
>>68206873
I'd rather they be background noise than shit on mercilessly.
>>
>>
>>68206897
that would be nice too

shame Frank probably can't do it
>>
>>68206904
I'd rather they be gone entirely rather than the other two.

That way any pretense would be dropped.
>>
>>68206817
>I just want Hal to not be completely miserable for a whole issue

Too bad every single GL solicit we have for the next few months is basically a version of "Hal is going to be very, very miserable in this issue. Enjoy."
>>
>>68206897
Oooh, has Kuder drawn any Captain Marvel outside of that end splash for Doomed? I mean I love him to pieces on Paktion
>>
>>68206904
that's definitely a fair point

if WE has taught us anything it's that non-existence is not even close to the worst thing for a character!
>>
>>68206348
>not big on sacrifices
>just forced that guy to sacrifice his hand

wow john a cunt
>>
>>68206869
Bara Guy is fine

frankly I don't like the long hair or the mustache
>>
>>68206922
Shaner would just be the jankiest fit in terms of tone of story to tone of art. He's great, but nah... not on New 52 Shazam.

Yeah, it's a shame that Frank can't do it. Looking forward to his Batman again though.
>>
Hi Baz!
>>
>>68206940
Thangarian limbs re-grow. It's why his friend has a pair of legs just like his. 'Cause they are his.
>>
>>68206933
Kuder?
Now Kuder is someone I can SEE.

Except his Shazam would need to be less... soft than what we saw in that Doomed splash page.
>>
>>68206951
I grew to like the biker look a lot more than I thought I would over Soule's run. It really gelled perfectly with the content of the story.

>>68206969
Yeah, a Kuder Shazam would have to be a lot less big cheese-y, but that's very much something he can pull off. Dude can go crazy on textures and detailing when he wants to.
>>
>>68206961
>Baz

Yay! I'm still surprised he turned out to be a pretty fun character.
>>
>>68206997
>Yeah, a Kuder Shazam would have to be a lot less big cheese-y,
Yeah exactly - and yeah I know he can pull that off.

If they can't go for Frank, then Kuder is the best option.
>>
>>68207025
Yeah. And even if he'd have to leave Paktion, i'd be okay with it. I'd rather he didn't of course because I love that book, but it's no longer the only place to get good Superman in the New 52. Their run could end and I'd still have Geoff's Superman to look forward to.
>>
>>68207081
I really hope Johns doesn't leave Superman.
Lex Luthor will be a glorious villain again, and it'll only be glorious is Johns is allowed to do that arc.
>>
>>68206931
I know ;_;

I have to assume Hal grabbing Krona's gauntlet is the culmination of everybody shitting on him endlessly for over a year
>>
>>68206940
it's fine, it will grow back
>>
>>68206952
oh yeah I don't think Shaner would fit Johns Shazam, but he's perfect for Parker's mini

>>68206997
I've gotten less enamoured with Soule's RLs after the last arc
>>
>>68207125
>Krona's Gauntlet

... it was supposed to be the First Lantern's. Back when the First Lantern wasn't a shitty as fuck villain.

Damn it.
>>
>>
>>68207157
>oh yeah I don't think Shaner would fit Johns Shazam, but he's perfect for Parker's mini

Yeah, exactly. Shaner evokes a completely different style of kid-adventure than what Johns laid out.Would not want to see him go with that.
But with Parker? Sure... it'll be fun.
>>
>>68207161
I was re-reading the War of the GLs arc and they say it's Krona's gauntlet and they showed him using it

I know Johns looked like he was going to tie it to the First Lantern stuff though
>>
>>68205536
>red shirt planet #750
>not Hardcore Station
>>
>>68207125
This is where we all grab hands and chant "Please don't re-tell Emerald Twilight", right?

>>68207157
Yeah, these Godhead issues have been written on the back burner. Eh, if he's going to focus on any of his DC books before he leaves, it deserves to be Swampy.

>>68207113
Can we get at least another couple years of good guy Lex? Pretty please?
An ongoing?
>>
>>
>>68207199
No. I would HATE for Good Lex to last a long time.
It's a neat gimmick. But Lex just... works better as a villain. He's neat as a hero - fucking awesome as a villain.

>>68207195
Yeah, because Krona USED it, but they EXPLICITLY say that it was The Ring of the First Lantern. Like... that was the proper name.
>>
File: 1417991218388.png (70 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
1417991218388.png
70 KB, 300x177
>>68206938
>multiversal beings that are barely aware of earth
>acknowledges that being called a nazi is an insult
>>
>>68207170
>black sclera
>white iris

Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
I'm going to miss Eaglesham on this book so much

>>68207199
>This is where we all grab hands and chant "Please don't re-tell Emerald Twilight", right?
yes, I'm sigiling as hard as I can, I do not need Emerald Twilight 2 in my life
>>
I wish to pet Hal's hair

>>68207234
oh yeah, I missed that, my bad

They haven't referred to it as anything yet, Hal's just wearing it on the cover to GL #40
>>
Eaglesham is a huge fan of that "smug over-the-shoulder" shot and fuck if I haven't cropped every single one of them
>>
>>68207276
I know... it'll probably be just some thing. Nothing big.

But it's a damn hurtful reminder that First Lantern was a shitty villain. So bad.
>>
There's Despotellis again...
>>
>>68207313
Most likely yeah

and yeah it really sucks that Johns had to rework that arc from something potentially cool to something sucky
>>
>>68207199
I'm all for the chanting, but
>we all grab hands
is too gay for me. So let's not.
>>
oh, Arkillo, you're only ever going to be a doormat to him ;_;
>>
>>
>>68207293
I'm kindly requesting a post-storytime dump of sexy smug Sinestro, please.

>>68207340
Okay, fine, only reach-arounds.
>>
>>68207388
>I'm kindly requesting a post-storytime dump of sexy smug Sinestro, please.
Can do!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>68207249
>that third panel

I honestly don't know which comic is sexier, this or Grayson. I've been reading Sinestro's voice in a low and gravely tone.

Man.
>>
>>
>>
>>68207388
>I'm kindly requesting a post-storytime dump of sexy smug Sinestro, please.

Whoa, whoa, hold the fucking phone. I had no idea you were into that kind of stuff. I will never be able to look at your storytimes the same way ever again.
>>
oh Sinestro, you're a glorious bastard and a total dick

>>68207429
I had the same conundrum

I mean, Grayson is pretty sexy, but Eaglesham's Sinestro... goddamn
>>
and thus Sinestro is like, the only person to accomplish anything in a fight so far and he had to kill a bunch of his own dudes to do it

so yeah, things aren't going so well!

>>68207463
It's not his fault that Sinestro got hot, anon
>>
>>68207429
Eaglesham's Italian Sinestro might be sexy, but he looks nothing like Sinestro.
>>
NOW things finally pick up, and we finally get the best addition to this crossover!
>>
>>
>>68207520
>best addition to this crossover!
>only good addition
fixed
>>
>>68207503
He's a little on the buff side and his head's shrunk to normal sizes but he still looks pretty Sinestro to me
>>
so now Highfrank wants to brainwash all the lanterns and use them as his army

swell guy
>>
>>68207545
nah Sinestro's great too
>>
The GLs are coming, gotta strike a pose!
>>
I thought Soranik was supposed to heal burns, not dispense them
>>
>>
>>68207503

Remember that Sinestro also used to have a forehead twice the size before Johns took over GL. He looks the same in other books but just a little beefier and more handsome in his comic.
>>
>>68205168
GL only. Maybe you'll get half a sentence referencing it in Darkseid War but that's it.
>>
>BUT HE DED, HOW ALIVE?

Hal you've died and come back to life yourself, twice
>>
>>
>>68207625
his head was still huge in Rebirth, but then Reis started drawing him and most of his people are pretty
>>
Godhead is gonna end with four simultaneous stories? Cripes.
>>
>>
>>68205319
>Larfleeze losing his ring

I'm pretty sure that nigger doesn't need rings. He can just will (heh) shit to life.
>>
>>68207609

I'm glad Natu is back to her spiteful self. When Gibbons was writing back in the beginning of GLC, she was like this and played off of Guy well. I felt that Tomasi and Bedard didn't get her right and having her becoming Kyle's gf didn't help her either.
>>
it's annoying how necessary this whole scene was

Sinestro is 100% right

>>68207663
well no, they go in order? but Red Lanterns, Sinestro, and GL annual 3 all come out tomorrow

and forever people but that's more tangential
>>
>>68207659

Yeah, it just kind of vanished early on. Never liked the forehead look anyway.

>>68207663

The other GL events just weave through all the books and end at GL. If anything, they'll each have aftermath issues for the event.
>>
>>68207627
I love how Kyle and Sinestro's first reaction is to look at each other, with eyebrows raised

Totally not gay at all
>>
>>68205382
>the most retarded changes of all time
Stop doing that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 239

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.