[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You think comics could get away with covers like this if the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
You think comics could get away with covers like this if the writers just said that they were transgender men? How would SJW's react to it then? What if it was just men that looked like women. What would be their response?
>>
Some SWJ's confuse me. They don't want women to be sexualized, but then get mad when women aren't sexualized and then when women are sexualized they get mad.
>>
>>65573935
Comics DO GET away with covers like that.

It was published, supplied and then bought by some.
>>
File: amL8mAv_700b.jpg (60 KB, 645x462) Image search: [Google]
amL8mAv_700b.jpg
60 KB, 645x462
>>65574030

Its my body is my choice! Women should have the right to dress sexy

WHAT? That woman on tv is WILLING AND PAID to dress sexy?! Shame on her! Thats objectifying!
>>
>>65574078
Then why did people freak out about this one?
>>
>>65574643
....they didn't?

A few internet blogs hardly counts as "people".
>>
>>65574643
Because art is subjective and you'll always find someone who dislikes a certain comic book cover.
>>
>>65574643
Because it was drawn by a man. That's it.

When a women dresses sexy, it's a woman's choice. When a women is drawn sexy, it's a man's choice.
>>
File: 1410201302533.jpg (172 KB, 775x572) Image search: [Google]
1410201302533.jpg
172 KB, 775x572
>>65573935
Just call them out for not being fans and just being people forcing their agendas.
>>
>>65573935
I know I'd totally go trans if I could get away with it. Curse this chin of mine.
>>
>>65574643
Manufactured controversy.
Spider-woman is getting zero discussion anywhere.
Get a "news site" to bitch about it.
People will undoubtedly argue for and against what it's saying.
It snowballs into a stupid thing.
A book noone cared about has tons of press, even if it's bad.

Or a "news site" had a slow day and just decided to bitch about nothing.

>>65574282
>>65574030
Well it's not necessarily the same.
One has to do with agency and all that good stuff, if a chick wants to dress hot it's her right as a womyn.
Whereas the others a drawing, so no real female agency unless it's drawn by a chick. It's just some dude drawing what he thinks is sexy. However it's dumb to try to take that right away or deem it sexist. Guy likes hot chicks being hot.
>>
File: 1389217860430.jpg (264 KB, 478x829) Image search: [Google]
1389217860430.jpg
264 KB, 478x829
>>65574030
>Some SWJ's confuse me. They don't want women to be sexualized, but then get mad when women aren't sexualized and then when women are sexualized they get mad.
>>
File: co is dead.png (175 KB, 1218x644) Image search: [Google]
co is dead.png
175 KB, 1218x644
>>65573935
Where were you when comics were killed?
>>
>>65574842
Are you atleast like cute everywhere else?
Dat tranny that doesn't quite pass
>>
>It's my body, it's my choice!
>and their body? Well, I guess that's my choice too!
>double standards aren't even a thing
>if I don't like it, it's bad

they're literally the worst. You want to know how they would respond to what you're talking about OP? Just think about how good of an image it can give them. They don't care about anyone. They see people like statistics for them to use as some sort of weapon and if they don't get immediately approval for their "activism", they don't do it, because that would require hard work and to make a difference.

Long story short, yes, they probably would get upset because they can make themselves look like nice people to anyone that reads their blog.
>>
File: edward_sparkling.jpg (19 KB, 361x333) Image search: [Google]
edward_sparkling.jpg
19 KB, 361x333
>>65574777
>>65574873

>When a women is drawn sexy, it's a man's choice.
But its a fake fictional woman. You shoot up and kill millions of men in video games, thousands are portrayed as villains, and some just for sex in the media. Why do they even give a shit? Is this just an American thing?

>One has to do with agency and all that good stuff, if a chick wants to dress hot it's her right as a womyn.
But those women in the media have just as much right to dress sexy as anyone else. Its still THEIR CHOICE. Same goes for men.
>>
>>65574924
>every comic should be made for me

Kill yourself.
>>
>>65574924
They just deleted your thread, that wasn't a sign to try to start the same shitstorm somewhere else
>>
>>65574932
Well I got dem hips
>>
>>65574904
Jesus. It's times like this I'm glad I can just enjoy things at surface value without reading too much into everything. That pic is the logical conclusion of doing exactly that.
>>
>>65574924
You know exactly what he means, fuck off with your forced drama
>>
>>65574873
>agency
I keep seeing this word thrown around what does that mean 'agency' ?
>>
>>65574924
Jesus, fuck dc.
>>
>>65574924
Don't you have a zoe quinn thread or a gamergate thread or something to post in somewhere else
>>
File: Plus-Size-Models-V-Magazine-4.jpg (48 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
Plus-Size-Models-V-Magazine-4.jpg
48 KB, 600x805
>>65574949
>>65574873
I also noticed that is only objectification, sexist and degrading when its a skinny model, but then when its a plus size model, even when she's BUTT NAKED its okay.

Don't set standarads for women! (5 minutes later)...........REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES
>>
>>65575000
>leave SJWs alone!
how sad are you you were born as a cisnon-transgendered white male, anon?
>>
>>65574924
You can't tell people to make their own comics if they want representation and then complain when they make their own comic
>>
>>65575140
>leave diversity alone!

FXTY

I am 100% possitive I will never read that Batgirl, but that doesn't mean it should not exist. Let others have fun, too.
>>
>>65574924
Wondering why we didn't do anything about it.

We could've stopped this. But we didn't.
>>
>>65575156
You actually have a point
>>
>>65575123
>plus size model
>tiny tits
>>
>>65575190
if it's written as a blog and you want to read that, read a blog. There's good ways to do diversity and writing Batgirl like an episode of Degrassi isn't one of them.
>>
>>65575140
I could not give less of a shit about Cameron or anything he writes. Stop trying to grenerate le next big funpost every time someone makes a comic you don't like
>>
>>65575123
People sometimes act like the problem with SJWs is that they're too sensitive, but when you really get to talking to them, you quickly realize it's that they don't care about anyone. They care about imaginary people that can benefit themselves and once that statistic becomes a person with a mind and voice, they hate them. If they exploited the point you mentioned, it wouldn't immediately sound nice and get them praise, so they just won't do it.
>>
File: SAD.jpg (95 KB, 346x861) Image search: [Google]
SAD.jpg
95 KB, 346x861
>>65575140
So sad
>>
File: 340.jpg (57 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
340.jpg
57 KB, 650x975
>>65575230
Here then. I still don't find it fair though.

>Lets be progressive by attacking everything we don't like and shaming other women!
>>
>>65575240
>>if it's written as a blog and you want to read that, read a blog.
But then you'd complain that people are writing on their own blogs. That's what you do every time you complain about a Tumblr post.

Admit it, you just want to censor people whose viewpoints disagree with your own. You're turning into the very people you hate.
>>
>>65575261
Then stop feeding him
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.