[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Cosmology Thread Part II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: 1406716665981.jpg (525 KB, 2200x1754) Image search: [Google]
1406716665981.jpg
525 KB, 2200x1754
Because the last one 404'd.

Ladies and gentlemen, where we left off:
archive.moe/co/thread/65079883/

There are a few points I didn't get the chance to address that I'd like to look at now:

>How do the Green will power, Red rage, and Black death interact with The Red, Green and Black?

The way I see it, Earth's Red/Green/Black are all clades of life on Earth, so they are all facets of White. But "The Red" has nothing to do with rage, and "The Green" has nothing to do with will. The similar names are just coincidences.

It seems that these forces are tied to their planets, and not all planets have them (not all planets have life, and even of the planets that DO have life, it didn't always evolve into clades of life identifiable as kingdoms such as anamalia and plantae. This is simply how Earth, and similar planets, evolved.) But at least a few planets have The Red and The Green, as we learnt in a late issue of Animal Man.

I like to look at Green, Red, and Rot as niches in the web of life: producers, consumers, and decomposers. All are needed for life, and an imbalance threatens all of them as a whole.

The Rot isn't truly death, it's decay and decomposition. It too is a part of life, because dead organisms must be broken down to return their nutrients to producers to perpetuate the cycle.

Some organisms straddle more than one faction. An issue of Animal Man said that flies are both part of the Rot and the Red. I'm guessing moulds would straddle the Green and the Rot.

It seems a recent Swamp Thing issue brought back The Grey from the Alan Moore days, as well, representing the kingdom of fungi
>>
>>65140267
My only complaint with saying that Red is only a naming coincidence is that Beast Boy was made Red to further emphasize his connection to the Red. Thus, the force itself is related to the color red, so there should be some connection we can derive between the Red and Rage.
>>
>>65140369
I think it is just cause blood is red. Plants are green so they are The Green, all animals have red blood so they are the Red. When one gets angry blood rushes to the face to make ones face red so rage is red.
>>
>>65140369
Yeah, the Beast Boy change made no sense to me. Like, why does getting his power from The Red mean he has to be Red? You could get your power from whatever and still have purple or orange or Chinapeople pigment in your skin.
Looks like he's turning back to green as of the new Teen Titans series, though.

>>65127139
I thought that Nekron itself said that it existed before life. How could it be Death or even an aspect of death if this was the case? He is come kind of manifestation of nothing that wants to return everything back to the peace of nothing.

The two origins of Nekron are conflicting.

In Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #2 (first appearance), he resides in a dimension called the Dead Zone, where souls temporarily reside before their final destinations. Kronafuckery opens a rift in this zone, and he sees the living world. Becoming envious of the outside realm, he wants access to it, and tries to make the rift larger.

But in Blackest Night, it's said that he (representing death) was around well before life (The White Entity), which invaded his universe.

I agree that this doesn't make complete sense, as there can be no "death" before life. There can be lifelessness, in the way that a rock or a star are not living and lack life, but death is the cessation of life. You need life in the first place for that. That's what makes a corpse or wilted flower dead, but not a pebble.
>>
>>65140771
not death, rot. The Rot is different from Death
>>
Anyone else notice when the Red was first shown in Morrison's Animal Man, it was VERY similar to the Bleed, years before the Bleed was created?
>>
>65127139

Woops, the paragraph immediately following that was meant to be greentexted. It's a quote from the dead (ha) thread.
>>
Every time one of these threads pops up I just want to start sucking Alan Moore's wizard dick metaphorically
>>
In the last thread, I started trying to disentangle the axis of the DCM.

>>65112971
>Dimensions 1-3 (x,y,z): space

>Dimension 4 (t): time

>Dimension 5 (m): the axis along which universes are aligned. If we're using music as an analogy, then they are aligned like the major scale across 6.5 octaves. Or would they be the chromatic scale across 13/3 octaves?
5-D beings like Mxy are 5-D because their bodies possess the m-dimension, meaning that they exist across universes a once, which is why we just see cross-sections of them.

>Dimension 6- the dimension along which the realms of the gods and Endless exist. The fact that, again, we can only perceive their cross-sections, is what makes their powers so vast compared to ours, and why we cannot conceive of their true natures. Also, the Godwave, which is a field like the gravitational or electromagnetic field, propagates and fluctuates along this dimension, and places where gods exist are excitations in the field.
>>
>>65140771

Nekron's new origin seemed to indicate he was actually closer to representing the void.
An emptyness of the universe, void of organic/emotional life.

He isn't death per se, but the absolute absence of life.
>>
>>65141461
But, I realized a problem here: Morrison's model has all these realms and universes existing in the same space. What makes a fifth-dimensional imp like Bat-Mite or Mxy 5-d is that they have an extra dimension to their bodies beyond x,y,z,t, and have an extra degree of freedom of movement, being able to move along this fifth dimension.

But, if they occupy the same space, but simply also traverse the axis intersecting this space, how does Superman trick Mxy into returning to the "Fifth Dimension"? He ALWAYS exists in our space, only we only see a cross-section of him. The "returning to the 5th dimension" thing only makes sense if it doesn't occupy the same space as Superman does, but he comes from a totally different space manifold that just happens to also have an extra dimension to it. Otherwise, he always exists in Superman's xyz, but just also in m, and can't really "leave" space any more than I can leave "height," being a four-dimensional being.

The 5th Dimension is traditionally portrayed as another "place," but using this cosmology, Mxy exists in the same "place," but simply (to lower-dimensional beings) across more "places." He stretches across multiversal worlds. So, the Fifth Dimension is more like being in several places at once, which doesn't square with how it tends to be portrayed in the comics, where it appears to be another "place" entirely, containing things like the planet Zrfff and all.
>>
>>65140267
I'm gonna go on a limb right here and try to explain how the colours relate to the kingdoms:

The red is the colour of passion, of emotionally driven desicions, this is why the red lanterns are consumed by rage, their heart is consumed by this rage, red is also the colour of our blood, and most macroscopic animal's colour, It's safe to assume that animals are more prone to acting on their emotions, because after all animals feel, so they're thematically joined, HOWEVER the Red is the magical force that unites all animals, while the Red Lanterns are mostly highly advanced technological stuff.

The Green is the colour of willpower, of perseverance, and plants are known to wait and persevere, roots can crack stones over time, because they persevere, but then again, the Green is a magical aspect, while the Green Lanterns are mostly technological.

The Black and the Black Lanterns are two aspects of the same things, Nekron is the being that represents Death, the entity that embodies it, while the Avatars of the Rot are the ones that make sure that such process of dying happen, they make sure that our lives are finite.
>>
>>65142170
As for the five dimensions, consider this.

A single universe can be represented in a set of 3 coordinates, let's call them (x, y, z), so How would you represent a group of universes which only difference between them is a vibrational frecuency? By adding another dimension, vibrational frequency; so to represent a static group of universes, you would need 4 dimensions, whichs is what Superman had to do when he started his journey on Superman Beyond; so you have four dimensions for things that traverse the 52 Earths.
(x, y, z, f); The other dimension, would be the capacity of time distortion, or moving through time, because the Speedforce permeates the 52 Earths, and this drives the universes forward, we can say that the stationary state of the multiverse is actually being in motion, so if you can traverse time, you are also moving in a fifth dimension, non-linear time, which is actually what Vyndktvx can do, which is why he was mad at Superman only for some months, but he attacked him from even before he was born, so to model the multiverse you would need 5 dimensions.

(x, y, z, f, ?), for depth, height, width, frequency, and degree in time.
>>
>>65141870
No, for instance, you want to manipulate things in a 1 dimensional scale, you can't go lower dimensions and manipulate them directly, you're not only subjected to moving in that one dimension, you must also measure yourself in all others that affect you, however, if you somehow can lower your dimensional scope, you can no longer interact with higher dimensions; for instance, Mxy representing himself to Superman in his fifth dimensional state, means he has to be careful not to jump in time or between universes.
>>
>>65142377
>The other dimension, would be the capacity of time distortion, or moving through time, because the Speedforce permeates the 52 Earths, and this drives the universes forward, we can say that the stationary state of the multiverse is actually being in motion, so if you can traverse time, you are also moving in a fifth dimension, non-linear time...

I'm not sure I fully understand.

Don't we need 4 coordinates to represent the single universe we know and interact with, because we also need time? I could map a spot on Earth using latitude, longitude, and altitude, but time could make all the difference, as well, if the object I'm trying to locate is in different places at different times.

Aren't we four-dimensional, because we have height, width, depth, and duration?

>>65142504
So, when Mxy is interacting with Superman, he is (to Superman) a cross-section of his 5-D form, and he must make sure to only move along the dimensions Superman can and not the others?

Where exactly is Mxy going when Superman tricks him back to his home?
>>
>>65143150
I meant to say that time advances at a constant rate, continually advancing in all the universes, to the normal state of the Multiverse is in constant motion, time duration and dilation isn't really another coordinate, it's the alteration of a constant field that falls into the manipulation of spaces, not times; when you jum through time, like jumping an hour into the future, this gives you time manipulation which would be the 5th dimention, nonlinear time.

And yes, he's using only a cross section of himself to interact with Superman, so when he tricks him into going back to the fifth dimension, he "banishes" him by disbalancing this section, so he has to move in all 5 dimensions and gets lost in universes or times. As we've seen, he goes back to Zrfff, which is a fifth dimensional place, but I'm not exactly sure of where this place is, if you ask my opinion, it's a pseudoworld in the Orrery existing in the Bleed.
>>
I have a questiooon. Why does Darkseid always attack Earth in the different universes? Why not go after a planet without a JL?
>>
Doesn't make sense.

If there is only 1 Apokalypse how would it stand up against all the 52 worlds of superman and batmans.

Fucking nothing, it would die.

Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>65143429
He is not aware of the nature of the 52 universes, so far, he has only attacked a few, and he has only attacked the ones Kaiyo showed to him, he needed a location to traverse to first by seeing it, and then his motherbox can travel there, besides, what Kaiyo does, is go to Earth to find someone to kill Darkseid, and looking at the general population, Earth looks pretty pitiful.

Besides, Darkseid is also looking for his daughter, sure he tries to conquer stuff, but I think that his main goal is finding his child.
>>
File: Get Hyper.png (1 MB, 1338x4386) Image search: [Google]
Get Hyper.png
1 MB, 1338x4386
>>65141512
>Nekron's new origin seemed to indicate he was actually closer to representing the void.
>An emptyness of the universe, void of organic/emotional life.
>He isn't death per se, but the absolute absence of life.

Hmm. If he is just lifelessness, I wonder why he would control dead beings. I'm guessing the conflation of death/lifelessness is just something Johns didn't think all the way through. Or he did realize it, but didn't care, because plot.

But I do like the thing about the Entity breaching the universe, because it sort of ties it into the Source. The Source is rainbow/white on the map. The entity is white. From the Source comes the Life Equation. The Entity is life.

Seems to me that the Entity is a piece of the Source-- a spark-- that came through the wall, and spread in the Universe. Someone made a post about "white flame" being linked to the source in the DCU. The White Entity is a piece of the Source inside of, rather than beyond, the universe, and the spectrum is it's refracted pieces.
>>
>>65143458
Funny thing is that the Supermen of the multiverse, alone, don't stand a chance against Darkseid, the only one who is truly capable of matching him in any way, is the Superman of Earth 0, because he is essentially the base of the Multiverse, the one true simmetry to the antimatter universe, but I'm not sure if this stands in the current multiversal scope. Batman in general stands no chance to Darkseid, and I think that the prophecy that Darkseid will be killed by his son still applies, so only Orion, Kalibak or the Batman of Earth-0 can kill him outright.

Besides, there is not a Superman analogue in every universe, some universes have pulp heroes, some don't have high end metahumans and such.

>>65143488
He controls corpses, not dead people.
And it's great that the entity breached the universe, coming from beyond this, probably a germ from the Overmonitor.
>>
>>65142377
>>65142504
>>65143306
>>65143465
>>65143516
Alright peeps, I'm gonna go to sleep, it's late but I wanted to share some things with you before I went to bed, I'll come back tomorrow to keep discussing this.
>>
>>65143306
I see. Linear movement through time is not a dimension, only non-linear time travel is.

Perhaps 5-D locations, such as Zrfff, are located along convoluted world braids, which are the paths of objects through spacetime. We cannot perceive world braids or geodesics, making the forms they make imperceptible to us. And, with the added fifth dimension, these form entire worlds (such as Zrfff) that exist right under our noses.

>>65143458
Yeah, having one for the entire multiverse raises issues. In older material, you never get the sense that Earth-0 is just one of the many universes Darkseid is fucking around with. It seems to be the universe he is concerned with mastering.

Also, does having one Rock of Eternity for all the multiverse mean alternate Captain Marvels bump into each other there?

Does having one Greek Pantheon mean that the gods have several Wonder Womans?
>>
File: batman is orion.jpg (216 KB, 786x666) Image search: [Google]
batman is orion.jpg
216 KB, 786x666
>>65143516
Batman is Orion; Orion's symbol appears a couple of times in significant locations in Grant Morrison's Batman, particularly in the cave where Batman's cape and cowl lay for thousands of years during Return of Bruce Wayne. There's a hypercrisis image and everything.
>>
>>65144963
Batman is the best aspects of Orion, Mr. Miracle and Darkseid. But he's not "them", but their Fifth World equivalent, the first Man-as-God, and Fulfiller of the Pact.

Batman conquered Omega and became the Alpha Adapter, subsuming Darkseid's designs and inverting them. He is the worlds foremost escape artist, who, like Shiloh Norman, escaped the Life Trap and Omega Sanction. He wears Orions iconography in the Return, as he is waging a war against his "father," as Final Crisis and the Return of Brice Wayne establish Hurt as a Thomas Wayne and Darkseid as the architect of his history.

Batman was also briefly Desaad in a Rock of Ages.

Batman isn't a New God, but a Next God. That Fifth World/Super-Godhood means that he can step into their roles incredibly easily, as he is a continuation of their mythos, and operates in the same thematic/vibrational space.

It just makes me sad Batgod means we will never see the Bat-Spectre.
>>
I havent been able to keep up with comics for a few weeks and like, woah, this is a lot to take in
>>
>>65143458
This is why it is good Morrison brought in. The Sandman, as they are a great way to discuss this problem.
There are two Darkseids, and two of all things in the God Sphere. One of them is the concept/force/platonic ideal of Darkseid. You can't fight that, we'll, not with anything less than a Miracle Machine. That's the big glowy trippy version you see in Seven Soldiers and Final Crisis. That is essentially the force of the job of Darkseid, like how Morpheus and Daniel are both Dream but also separate instances of it.

The other is Darkseid the guy who can hit stuff. You can kill the fuck out of him, but the universe will always snap back to a point where he is still around, or conspire to bring him back, or have him possess Dan Turpin.
>>
>>65143306
Thats really interesting, but in the 5th dimension has been described as being "Imagination" before, and I wonder what how the dimension of Non-Linear Time relates to that?
Also, I know that the whole "speaking names backwards" thing is not new, but why does that banish the 5D denizens?
Furthermore, if there are 5D beings, are there beings that exist in 4D?
>>
>>65145802
>why does that banish the 5D denizens?

I don't know if there is any fundamental physical reason why this works. I think Mxy created the rule for himself (like when you make a bet with someone and say you will pay them $20 if you win), but he can't "back out" because the laws he creates for himself are binding.

>Furthermore, if there are 5D beings, are there beings that exist in 4D?

I'm wondering if there are 2D beings whose world the 3D beings of the universe intersect with, and those 2D beings are discussing the weird points and lines cross-sections of the 3D leave in their world.

>>65144963
>>65145383
Wasn't Morrison's original plan to make Batman a literal New God after he died, until it leaked and internet backlash made him change course?

I remember it being a thing that even hit mainstream news, not just comic blogs. "Some crazy writer is making Batman a god or something!"
>>
>>65140267
The Hypercrisis is spreading

Here's a cool breakdown I saw on TvTropes of all places,

My fav bit is how he conflates The Bleed with Desire.

It's a very sexual connection.

Blood is for creation, as is sex, red is associated with various sexual connoattaions in evopsychology (from lipstick to baboon butt) it's tied with the womb and menses also for reproduction (notice how this is a huge vagina getting fertilized)

It's also called the "Ultimate Solvent" which is the name of water. The idea of water as beeing the core energy of creation dates back to things like Athena, or how the islands of Japan were made from god jism.

Because just like semen, the Bleed is the liquid form of story itself, from it springs everything. The divine "sperm" is a bit of a meme and the dc version of that is the Bleed

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13820333500A27564400&page=3#63
>>
>>65140267
So yeah guess whose leaking Act I of there Multiversity annotations?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cP6271A2EqnCNL5fHyTqM-IvWn5yhVLk3DeR0e9EC5o/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy!
>>
>>65140518
The blood connection makes sense, especially with the whole spitting blood thing the Red Lanterns do. On top of that, Rage is probably the most primal of the emotions in the Lantern spectrum
>>
>>65144963
>>65145383
>>65148078
And ongoing trope DC has been playing with since forever going through Grant to Kirby to Paul Cornell to Moore to Joe Keatinge to who knows who else.

Like take the idea of the Camelot cycle or Kirby's Worlds sucession

We go from The Shinging Ones of Aurakles to the Hyper-Albion Super Camelot to the Leauge of Ancients of the Obsidian Age to the Knights of the Round Table to the Demon Knights to the Shadow Cabinet to The More Fun Agents to STORM and Stormwatch to the Justice League to the Titans of Justice to Kamandi and the Atomic Knights to Tommy Tomorrow and the Planeteers to the Knights of the Galaxy to the Legion of Superheros to the Justice Legion and beyond.

A Hebdomadic recurring pattern, Spiral Time. A Single idea repeated to infinity but growing larger in each iteration.
>>
>>65143458
Apokolips and New Genesis have been implied to be seperate from the Orrery for a long time. And besides, 52 Supermen and Batmen haven't met yet, so they can't team up to defeat him. Darkseid is attacking universes 1 by 1, not leading a full-scale assault yet.
>>
>>65143516
>batman of earth-0
>darkseid's son

wut
>>
>>65144963
By the way, Dr. Hurt would be the Fifth World version of Darkseid, being an ancestor of Batman.
>>
Is anyone going to Screencap this thread?
>>
And 1986 as a cosmic event.

In current New 52 canaon its when Superman's ship landed, of course it's also the year of COIE. But go deeper and you see in Wildstorm it when the comet effect hit (which was re purposed in the n52 as what gave us guys like Catain Comet, ALSO the same time Kal's ship landed) and also when STORM was disbanded and reformed into the first "Team"

Also note that before action comics, DC had a shitton of spy characters and such like Sandra or Barry O'Neil

And then we see Watchmen's role in it all and..

Well you catch my drift
>>
>>65148474
I'll make a screencap of this and the previous thread from the archives later.
>>
Ok quick question something I never got.

How the heck do the "Worlds" of Kirby work?

I know they've been worked off of by other later writers it several subpar instances (Kratoseid anyone?) But I wanted to know with what he was going with origiannly.

We know Third World was meant to represent the Indo-European pagan gods, (it was a sequel to Thor after all) but what were Second and First world?

I mean the Theogeny jells upw ell to it with

First World-Primordials
Second World-Titans
Third World-Gods
Firth World-New Gods
Fifth World- SUperheroes

But I wanted to know if thatw as his first reading?

Like I mean if you tie the death of 3rd worl to Ragnarok around the 500s or so, youc ans ee thata s teh death of the old world style of magic and mysetry they ran on

The Third World Gods defeating of the wild nature spirits of the Titans would be the Agricultural revoltionand the whole "Fall of Old Europe" thing.

The Secodn World gods would be the rise of sentien tthough otu of the mass comsic energies of Primordial comsic energy.

Going from Uranus (the sky itself) to Cronus (a farmer) to Zeus (a king) and so on.

But what was Kirby going for?
>>
>All this theory-craft.

Jesus Christ. Morrison jammed together confusing bullshit in a semi - logical manner. It's never going to make total sense. It doesn't need to. He's done as best he can with what everyone has made before him.

It's his way of saying everything can exist at once, write what you want to.
>>
>>65148593
Also Rubiks cube, a multidimensional array fo colored panels with infinte possibitles.

Remind you of anything?

comics, the Mother Box i the comicbook itself; remeber how teh Books of Magic were revealed as Motherboxes?

Do anything machine

That is a storybook' infinet confgration infiet possibtleis craetivity

Rubiks cube=motherbox=comicbook
>>
>>65148444
Until Batman stole the Hyperadapter and became the Alpha Adapter. Batman is now the Apex Predator of the Orrery of Worlds, the Bat-Force at the core of all things! When you call out in your dreams, it is Batman that you see!

The egg of the Fifth World was laid on Mammord, the ancient Earth long before the sundering of the Worlds and creation of the. Multiverse. The spear of Auracles, the first primal hero opens and closes the Fifth World. The egg hatches when man can colonize the Multiverse freely, which began with the Black Gambit of Checkmate during the Final Crisis, and ends when Auracles, now known as Adam One, falls in defense of the final evolutionary stage of all Earths: the Wonderworld. What comes after, we can not say.
>>
File: Ragnarok.png (182 KB, 1303x1334) Image search: [Google]
Ragnarok.png
182 KB, 1303x1334
>>65148593
I like how the worlds are defined in this screencap.
>>
>that inevitable wait until DC does another overhaul that fucks up the entire system Morrison laid out.
>>
Oh yeah, Kyle is the Fifth World Lightray. Maybe a bit of Vyken too.
>>
>>65148608
Its funny, I was looking up Kabalah for you know, some hypercrisis stuff

Then I noticed, wel Kabbalh is total bullshit.

Like it was made the same way we were doing these threads, just Old timy Jewish nerds making crazy conflations and worldplays and puns between esotericsim

And then I noticed how muh EVEYRHTING was like that. The ENochian Tables, Crowley. whatever that Age of Aquarious stuff was. Justf olkslike us using that one key organ of human thought, Apohenia.

The connection between elements is the foundation fo all human culture.

And I was like was only 75% joking when I said puns are the core of all sapience.

Becasue what is a pun; it's recognize the connection of shared element between two forms.

Words themselves work off this, they are letters, sigils based off off pictures of real world things, that are then correlated to sounds which are then correlated to ideas.

This is that Greg Weisman tip, you name stuff you make it real you have power over it. It is literally the first thing Adam did in the Garden, he annotated creation.

The very first Hypercrisis Bro
>>
>>65148751
I'm pretty sure the Flashes are Lightray. Morrison mirrored how Lightray went faster than the Black Racer in an early issue of New Gods, with the Flashes outrunning the Black Racer in Final Crisis.
>>
>>65148673
Notice how they all jell with ages of comccs?

Golden Age starts with Action comcis #1 and the Rocket crashing the great fertilization of Earth with Superhuman culture.

Silver Age was the Lighting Bolt, the geat rrebirth

Bronze Age was Raganrok

Modern was COIE

Do the matha nd the next would be 2000, right when Grant was gonna do Hypercrisis

Also its usrrel annoatting myself
>>
>>65148673
>someone saved stuff I posted in a hypercrisis thread
>>
>>65148888
It's a great feeling.
>>
>>65148839

One of the main traits in humans that has helped us excel as a species is pretty simple to see.

Pattern Recognition.

Speech, art, mathematics. Everything we've achieved revolves around it. We want to understand and put everything into set forms we can understand.

As a result, many humans will make connections even when there aren't any, out of some subconscious need to make sense of things.
>>
>>65148844

Damnit. Kyle is Takion, Chosen of the Source! Lamest of all the New Gods.
>>
>>65148839
>>65148902
Gen 2:19-20

The very first Hypercrisis thread
>>
>>65140267
>We will never get Black Lanterns fighting Rot Zombies
>>
>>65148922
>The First Hypercrisis Thread
>Yfw the first action mankind took on this earth was talking about shit
>yf when /Eden/

Can you imagine what Adam and Eve shot the shit about?
>>
File: Hyper.png (34 KB, 876x256) Image search: [Google]
Hyper.png
34 KB, 876x256
While were posting Hypercrisis screens.
>in earth-33 he landed in a comic book
I think this might be one of the most important HC posts ever. Think about that and then think about this: In 2010 a family was getting evicted from their home. While packing up the basement, literally in tears, they stumbled upon a box of comics where they found a copy of Action Comics #1 which would later be graded at 5.0 Very Fine valued at $250000. Superman saved this family.
>>
>>65148844
Flashes are Fastback

They even had an issue about it (which was where the New 52 origin of Jay comes from)
>>
>>65149088
What issue was that?
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 1366x768
>>65149073
>Garden of Eden
>Garden
Hypercrisis is real !
>>
>>65149121
>The fall of Man was God kicking their NEET asses out to get a job

Genesis 3:17
>>
>>65141870
Maybe it just means mxy can't exercise any of his power here?
Or that idea was thought of before Morrison's idea of the 5th dimension and became a staple so they never changed it?
>>
>>65149103
JLA #9 when the Key traps them in Imaginary Stories and Elseworlds.
>>
Do you guys think Zatanna's backwards speak has anything to do with the 5th dimension?
>>
>>65149242

I think it's always been explained as a mental exercise, a mnemonic that helps her to cast her spells.
>>
>>65141870
It's the fork
Just as 3D objects can intersect with a 2d plane a 5D object can intersect with 4D mebrane.

Like when you take a spoon out your soup. Its not longer intersecting the 2D surface of the liquid .
>>
>>65148904
>Lamest of all the New Gods
It could be worse

He could be Kanto
>>
>>65149273
Da Vinci came up with it.

That's totally rich for Hypercrisis style shenanigans

Also Zatara debuted in AC #1 as well.

You can take it from here.
>>
>>65143516
But Superman killed him in FC?
or does the NU 52 mean he made himself live again?
>>
>>65149407
Anon, remember what the Weis Man said:

Nothing ends.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 181x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 181x279
>>65149407

In Final Crisis, the New Gods are revived. That includes Darkseid. In. Morrison's JLA, Metron explains to Hourman that all time and space are but a game to the New Gods. Sometimes Good wins, sometimes Darkseid wins, either way, balance is served until the conflict resumes.
>>
>>65149503
Grant Morrison
Greg Weisman
Dr. Manhattan
Edward Elric
Empedocles
Antoine Lavoisier
And so on
>>
File: Life_Equation_Part_1.png (2 MB, 1338x4750) Image search: [Google]
Life_Equation_Part_1.png
2 MB, 1338x4750
I'm making screencaps of last thread and this one. Here's part 1 I just finished.
>>
>>65149909
The text is blurry...
>>
>>65149937
My font rendering is shit, I guess. I don't even notice. Someone else can make a screencap, if they want.
>>
>>65140518

Just to be silly, some animals, arthropods and molluscs, do have blue blood, when oxygenated. Haemocyanin is based on copper, while haemoglobin is based on iron.
>>
Daily Reminder a Septalogical Neanderthal"Mind-Camelot" isn't something Morrison made up.

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/5167/a_100000yearold_civilisation.html

You notice how folks always talk about hoe our cd and DVD players won't last like old booms to stone slabs would?

Well what if a culture became so advanced, the actual physical remnants of it were so little people would question if it ever existed?
>>
>>65150078
We've already impacted the climate enough that we'll show up on the geological record, and the mass extinctions would evidence as well.
>>
Ok so who would he in Aurakles JLA/Knights whatever?

Aurakles would be there Superman of course.
We'd have Anthro or a successor as the creative flame and harbinger of the New Age
Man of Bats of the Miagani, master of wit
A shaman with his mind quickens by "The Light"(Like the Gorilla of Gorilla city)
Maybe a Farmer type? A messianic archetype of the new "Old Europe" agriculture(but from this perspective its "new") imagine if Marston lived in the Neolithic and picture him predicting the agricultural age of Gimbutas as a far off utopia
Pegazeus of course as the steed.

And the of course a King type character to take orders from and all.

What would we call them? The Shining Ones?

Or just "The Shining"

Shining has seven lttees after all, and the two words for god mean "one called upon" and "day."

Think a Conan style adventure, a world of the cupse of the Fall of the Neander Man and this new "human" aurakles ad the super up abandoned doomsday weapon of the Gods, the last and first of his kind in the red weaning days of the paleoothic
>>
out in Europe between 41,000 and 39,000 years ago - this coincides with the start of a very cold period in Europe and is 5,000 years after Homo Sapiens reached the continent. This was based on improved radiocarbon dating of materials from 40 sites in Western Europe.[

The Sheeda narrowed the Neanderthals in 40,000 BC

Jesus chrsit this is scary
>>
I think the Sheeda and the Reach are the same thing.

They are both blue insectoid aliens

Also in the original Blue Beetle works Dan was revived and reincarnated by the "Gods" who made the scarab..

Extra dimensional big beings who cultivate and breed worlds and there culture, waiting until they are at their cultural ripeness to feed on .

Then they scatter the seeds for the next harvest.

Remember I,Spyder?
>>
>>65150307
Maye some of the Reach came to Earth in the future and ended up interbreeding with humans, creating the Sheeda 1 Billion years in the future?
>>
File: Life_Equation_Part_2.png (1 MB, 1338x4650) Image search: [Google]
Life_Equation_Part_2.png
1 MB, 1338x4650
>>65149909
Part 2 completed.
>>
>>65143700
As for the Shazams, yes, it's most likely that they encounter themselves when they visit the rock, but it could be plausible that they don't see each other because magic; also, there are universes where there is no Shazam, so far only Earth-5 and Earth-0 has one, HOWEVER, the Rock of Eternity is the source of magic througout the entire Multiverse.

And, having one Greek Pantheon isn't that troublesome, there is also a Roman Pantheon, Mayan, Aztec, Egyptian and so on; on Earth-2, Wonder Woman praised the Roman Gods, and Mercury himself presents to Jay Garrick.

>>65145383
Batman is the first New God of the Fifth World, but he is no reincarnation of no one, Batman created himself, by Darkseid's actions on Return of Bruce Wayne.

>>65145507
Don't worry about this, it's not completely vital to reading comics, but it sure is interesting.

>>65145802
Well, considering that they use "magic" to interact with lower dimensional beings, I'd say that such magic has an inverse way to work, for instance, saying a name probably lowers him some dimensions, but saying it backwards returns him to a higher dimensional state, in essence, magic!.
And there are, indeed, beings that exist in 4D, beings that can traverse the universes and the bleed, like the Ultramenstruum fauna.
>>65148078
There are indeed beings living in 2D, we can see them in Dial-H.
>>
>>65150926
>I have no idea what this guy is talking about
Sounds a bit like Zenith
>>
>>65148417
In Return of Bruce Wayne, we see that Batman, in his jumps trough history, he caused events which led to the death of his parents, his family's wealth, and the predominance of bats, so Batman created himself, but only through an action made by Darkseid, so in essence, Darkseid allowed Batman to create himself, but not Bruce Wayne; Batman is an entity that possessed young Bruce, and Batman is a god of the Fifth World, he's not a being, he's an idea, just like the Joker.
>>
>>65148593
The gods are beings that represent good and evil classically in the multiverse, the first and second world gods are unknown, but you may notice that some things always change with these:

The Gods of the Third World, were elementals, beings that represented different PHYSICAL aspects of reality, and they were not many; Kratoseid killed them and captured their souls to create the Omega Force; to end a world, you need to capture and destroy the souls of the gods, and the new world will come.

The Fourth World has many more beings, and they represent ideas of the metaphysical world, like Good and Evil, pain, rage, patience, knowledge and stuff; so they died and they had to improve once again, and the Fifth World are some form of superheroes.

Beings that represent a group of ideas and combine them into the idea itself, like Batman, represents justice, truth, perseverance, restlessness, commitment, that's what Batman is.
>>
>>65149407
In the pre Flashpoint universe, New genesis and Apokolips were joined, many gods died, and Darkseid was erased from existance, but then the Flashpoint happened, and remade them, but Batman was still affected by the Omega Sanction.
>>
File: image.jpg (363 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363 KB, 768x1024
>>65151249
Nope, they come back on the last few pages of Final Crisis 7.
>>
>>65151295
Oh right, >most< of the New Gods still exist, only Darkseid was erased from existance, but Flashpoint brought him back.
>>
>>65150065
>arthropods
It's settled then. The newest member of the Blue Lantern is Killsh'nar. The Hope Spider. He has 8 rings which he gifts to various beings who react positively to his crawling, 8-eyed, 8-legged form.
>>
>>65150078
>Well what if a culture became so advanced, the actual physical remnants of it were so little people would question if it ever existed?
You mean Atlantis?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.