[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
She Hulk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: she hulk.jpg (314 KB, 570x900) Image search: [Google]
she hulk.jpg
314 KB, 570x900
I been meaning to check out the new She Hulk series, is it good? Also general She Hulk appreciation thread
>>
>>64808051
It's alright, the art really brings it down.
>>
Good writing, and having Hellcat around is always a plus, the art is eh though
>>
So... if you remove the "sex addict" part of She-Hulk, is she still interesting?
>>
>>64808360
that was never the most interesting part about her
>>
I'll admit that I haven't been reading comics for a very long time, so this isn't talking with years of experience, but She-Hulk was the first book I've ever dropped because of its art. I can usually put up with lame art because I'm primarily interested in the stories, but She-Hulk's solid writing (and really nice cover art) is completely cancelled by some real eyesore-inducing artwork. Especially the second artist for the book. Shit looks like the bowels of DeviantArt...
>>
File: bleh.png (143 KB, 796x351) Image search: [Google]
bleh.png
143 KB, 796x351
>>64808051
Pulido's art is shit-tier
>>
>>64808360
Most of her books never really focus on that and they still manage to be pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>64808360
Go home Goeyer.
>>
File: 1377759734476.jpg (242 KB, 900x711) Image search: [Google]
1377759734476.jpg
242 KB, 900x711
>>64808581
> Especially the second artist for the book. Shit looks like the bowels of DeviantArt...

This was especially disappointing because he's capable of good work. I just don't know why he was so shit for those two issues, or why he made Jen do that weird extra hulk out thing for no reason.
>>
The artist is a poor man's Allred, sure, but I don't get all the fuss about the art other than it's unfappable. That's really the problem here, isn't it?
>>
File: She-Frank.png (271 KB, 357x700) Image search: [Google]
She-Frank.png
271 KB, 357x700
>>64809805
Not really, I didn't find the Bobillo run very fappable either, but the art wasn't bad enough to actively bother me. Something can be enjoyable without being sexy, Pulido's art fails at both.
>>
File: swankhulk.jpg (21 KB, 216x324) Image search: [Google]
swankhulk.jpg
21 KB, 216x324
>>64809805
I don't need fappable, I just wish the art didn't look like dog shit. The covers are what I thought the book would bring, a snazzy, retro-looking series that paired a heavy-hitting character with an art style that you wouldn't normally associate with chunky destruction. I wanted "sexy" artwork in that old-fashioned art-deco swanky sense. Pic related. Hulk (snazzily) SMASH!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.