[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw most comic book fans don't care about the medium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: bugs.jpg (16 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
16 KB, 232x197
>tfw most comic book fans don't care about the medium they're reading and just want to read about their favorite generic caped buffoons fighting each other
>>
In fairness, that's true of fans of most mediums.
>>
#NotAllComicFans
>>
>>64807362
Wouldn't that mean they're genre fans not fans of the medium.
>>
If you are so opposed to capefans, why not just make a thread about the type of comics you DO enjoy rather than spouting out the same shit you do day in day out?

Oh wait. That was taking into recommendation that you can be capable of independent thought outside of what somebody told you on the internet
>>
>>64807629
>taking into recommendation
>>
Medium doesn't matter, only the story.
>>
File: Best of the Best.png (941 KB, 1200x672) Image search: [Google]
Best of the Best.png
941 KB, 1200x672
>>64807629
Maybe I'll take YOU into recommendation!
>>
>>64807737
horse shit
Reading a novel or a comic or a short tory or watching a movie or a tv series or a stage play or playing a video game are vastly different experiences, and a story that works perfectly in one medium won't always work in another. Medium matters a hell of a lot.
>>
File: 1342211035452.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1342211035452.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>64807737
>being this wrong
>>
>>64807892
Not gonna lie, I like capes in every medium.
It results in a crippling inability to write novels.
>>
>>64807362
Yeah and I'm also not stroking my dick about television as a medium either. The shit you write is always going to be more important than the shit you write it on.

What's your point.
>>
>>64807362
>tfw the mongoloids that consists of comic book fans shy away from the term 'graphic novel'.
>>
>>64807362
Why are you on /co/?

Go read Eisner and Watchmen and go jerk off to pretending that comics are as good as literature.
>>
>>64807362
Pricing wars coupled with the advent of computers have almost all but killed it as a medium, I hope for a future where we can have both but I don't see it.
>>
>>64809998
>>64809998
I disagree, there's a lot of movies where the story isn't exactly mindblowing or it's even very minimalist. But the way the director shoots it really elevates it. Composition, cinematography, lighting. I loved True Detective, but while the story was interesting I don't think it would have been the show it was without Cary Joji Fukunaga and how the showin general looked fantastic. I don't think TD would have been as great if all the episodes looked like Law and Order or was shot and looked like CSI.

The shit you write is almost always going to be made or broken by who is executing it visually. You can give a script to two different comic book artists, or a script to two different directors and they might produce two completely different films. One might be good one might be bad. With the same script. The way they shoot things or lays out the panels could make or break a comic.

That's why a lot of remakes are just not as good as the original, it's not that they just changed the script, the director is probably not up to par visually.

I'm not super into "worldbuilding" as /co/ loves to do so I'm not super into story that way that /co? likes it.
>>
>>64810119
You really butchered that sentence. Before you insult someone's intelligence you should really make sure you don't sound awkward first, it gives you some credibility. You should have written it , Go jerk off while reading Eisner and Watchmen and pretending comics are as good as literature, or Go pretend comics are as good as literature and jack off to Eisner and Watchmen.
>>
>>64807362

That's what you get for reading picture books for the artistic value, I guess.
>>
I love how competent our mods are.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.