[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Arnold fans seriously think Nick will do anything related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6
Do Arnold fans seriously think Nick will do anything related to the series again? It's been dead for over 10 years and the main demographic probably has never seen an episode. We'll never get The Patakis, the second movie, or a novelization.
>>
We are living in the age of Nostalgia OP. I have been hearing about a Might Morphing Power Rangers movie, who knows what will be up to be rebooted, continued, made into a movie or just ruined out right.
>>
>>64600058

>It's been dead for over 10 years

Jeez, What series have been dead for a decade and return to cartoon network. OH RIGHT! Thunder cats

Or maybe avatar... If you talk about nick.
>>
>>64600058
Maybe, as >>64601360 said companies are marketing nostalgia up the ass, however I highly doubt that if it did come back it would be able to survive with the same premise and tone.

What kids want now is Regular Show, Adventure Time, Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners, etc. They want shows with lots of strange words, random humor, stupid catchphrases they can repeat at school, and annoyingly quirky characters. Hey Arnold is a show about a kid growing up in the Bronx(or where ever the show is supposed to take place) and the strange situations he gets in. It wouldn't last today, it is too slow and a little too subtle and serious for most kids, nothing fast-paced happens and the humor is pretty subdued.

If anything it would stay around if it turned into Shipping: The Cartoon(but we have enough of those as it is), and it would also probably end up being 3D. Honestly it wouldn't really be worth it.
>>
>>64600058
The creative bankrupcy of Hollywood has resulted in fans of even the most niche of fiction, to have a questionably justified hope for a way past-expieration-date reboot, sequel, or spinoff
>>
Didn't Craig Bartlett get blacklisted or something for trying to pitch that western show to CN?
>>
>>64601360
what is this hearing crap.
That's happening. Hell they just announced the release date today.

has a director and script and coming summer 2016.

Power rangers is a thing
>>
File: 1394419843531.png (1 MB, 1000x646) Image search: [Google]
1394419843531.png
1 MB, 1000x646
Stop making me romanticize cartoon shows from my childhood.
Stop making me miss cartoon shows that I never appreciated.
Stop making me go back and rewatch shows, only to find out they don't live up to my memories.
Stop reminding me of the little moments I took for granted.
Stop making me be sad in an exhausted sort of way and listen to this song late at night on a Wednesday.
http://vimeo.com/84341456
>>
Hope is he last to die
>>
>>64601360

That's different. There are still Power Rangers shows being made and the movie is probably gonna explain everything. You can't just air a movie for a show that hasn't aired on main Nick since before most of the watchers were born
>>
>>64601516

Thundercats was a reboot and there was only a few years difference between Avatar and Korra
>>
I could see The Patakis being made and pandering to adults who liked it years ago but Nick is the problem. They own the characters and would never let anyone make a TV-PG or PG-14 show about it
>>
That's Nickelodeon we're talking about, of course nothing will happen.
>>
>>64600058
Do you really want them to do a modern take on the series?
>>
The entire Hey Arnold franchise is dead to Nick.

>We will never get Jungle Movie
>Arnold will never meet his parents again
>Helga will never fuck Arnold
>We will never see Helga's menstration stories, "The Patakis", come to light
>I'm pretty sure that at least one voice actor is dead or unable to do the same voice from aging

Face it, as long as Nick owns the IP, all we have left for hope is either a parody gag to be worked into a very nostalgic Spongebob episode or offer a teenage sex slave girl sacrifice to Dan Schnieder for a live-action Patakis remake.
>>
Things that weren't written with an ending in mind rarely end elegantly. Just look at Teen Titans; given a chance to end the series with some closure and they just go all japanophile on us.
>>
File: 3_rolfs.jpg (5 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
3_rolfs.jpg
5 KB, 286x176
>>64600058
Male Helga reminds me of Rolf for some reason.
>>
>>64600058
They did some things that I people now would bitch about
>school shooting
>literal autist
>suicide
>jews
>drunk
>>
>>64604941
Eh, as long as you do it PSA style I've seen lots of shows get away with shit like that.
>>
>>64604865
>>We will never see Helga's menstration stories, "The Patakis", come to light
Weird fetish.
>>
>>64604865
dan's new show will be cancelled on the first season so why not?
>>
>>64604885
To be fair, the movie looked like pretty advanced in terms of production.
>>
>>64600058
Male tsundere is weird
>>
>>64601693
Korra's too subtle, subdued and serious compared to AT, RS and other random shit. That's why it's a piece of shit on its own.
>>
>>64603631
The only right thing they did in this decade was taking pos Korra off the air.
>>
>>64600058
Ten years from now Craig will decide on a whim to release the rest of the TJM storyboard to the public.
We will never see The Patakis concept art.
>>
>>64601976
I recently re-watched Hey Arnold and found that it was actually signifcantly better than I remembered it.
>>
>>64602449
>You can't just air a movie for a show that hasn't aired on main Nick since before most of the watchers were born
So is kind of like the unfortunate Lone Ranger movie, amirite?
>>
>>64605259
Same, or at least, it has a different feeling. Never understood they lived in the shitty part of the town, or that Helga's mother was alcoholic
>>
>>64602449
Didn't stop the Star Wars prequels or Indy & The Crystal Skull. You think 10 year olds lining up to see TPM were there in 1977 for the original movie?
>>
>>64605506
The thing is, Hey Arnold was made for kids, not for people who are 25 and are nostalgic.
>>
I should like gender-swapped Arnold way more than I actually am.

Fuck, what's wrong with me?
>>
>>64605527
Speak ye any English?
>>
>>64600058
>girl Arnold
>not wearing a plaid skirt
Fucking bullshit.
>>
I don't see why reviving HA would necessarily have to constitute a nostalgia trip.
>>
>>64605595
Agreed. Nostalgia is cancer.
>>
>>64605269
I remember tons of whining about TLR.

>Wahh ah bloo bloo this movie sucks I wasn't alive in 1951 who would want to watch this crap

Bitch, bitch, bitch.
>>
>>64605650
Or worse, the old fucks who complained that it wasn't the Lone Ranger like they remembered it. Dammit, a movie made in 2013 isn't going to look like 1953. What the fuck did you damn baby boomers expect?
>>
>>64604865
Why does Nick hate HA so much?
>>
I guy wants it to happen and plenty of the original voice actors are willing to do it. He even said that rug rats came back on the air due to letters getting sent to Nick so that if there was even a chance of this happening, then send letters to Nick.
>>
I think the point was that, were the show revived, they'd have the unenviable task of marketing it in a way that didn't come off as nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>64601693
>What kids want now is Regular Show, Adventure Time, Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners, etc. They want shows with lots of strange words, random humor, stupid catchphrases they can repeat at school, and annoyingly quirky characters. Hey Arnold is a show about a kid growing up in the Bronx(or where ever the show is supposed to take place) and the strange situations he gets in. It wouldn't last today, it is too slow and a little too subtle and serious for most kids, nothing fast-paced happens and the humor is pretty subdued.

>this autism

Protip: Kids in every era want the same thing, which is bright colors and funny noises. Dialog-driven cartoons do NOT work as John K has explained on countless occasions.
>>
>>64602449
They really need to quit with PR and TMNT. Both of those things are too much a product of the late 80s-early 90s to work today.
>>
>>64600058
>It's been dead for over 10 years and the main demographic probably has never seen an episode
One would take it they don't ever rerun the things.
>>
>>64600058
if it does come back, you guys are just going bitch about how it isn't as good as the original
>>
>>64606036

>>64605734
>>
Still mad that it ended with a shitty cliffhanger
>>
>>64606036
That's true, but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>64600058
I don't think anyone actually believes anything will happen.

It's mostly wishful thinking, /co/'s Half Life 3.
>>
>>64605259
Same. I rewatched it mainly because when I was younger I never pick up on Helga's mom being an alcoholic so I rewatched to see what other stuff went over my head. I definitely liked the show this time more than I did to begin with, great stuff.
>>
>>64605807
Yeah because John K is SO right on everthing.
Home Movies was completely dialog driven. I would also argue that what most people enjoy about Regular Show is the dialog. Also since people have brought it up Avatar and Korra are shows John K hates and look how much better they have done than almost everything he has worked on.
>>
>>64611118
>Also since people have brought it up Avatar and Korra are shows John K hates
Why does he hate them? The shows have flaws(especially Korra) so its not like there's no reason to dislike them but I'd like to know his reasoning in particular as an animator.
>>
>>64611332
He dislikes anime and any animation that tries to be serious. He treats animation like a genera and not a medium where everything has to be like it was in the 40s and 50s.
>>
>>64611453
So its not just that he personally dislikes them but rather they don't fit into what he deems acceptable for animation?
>>
>>64611645
Yes, I should have said "they are the TYPE of shows John K hates." He may have said something directly about either one but I really don't feel like sifting through his shitty blog to see if he did.
>>
>>64601976
ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXDx_dDnK08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cip115EaWLk
>>
>>64604899
unibrow
>>
I loved Hey Arnold when it was airing, I'm 20 now so I would have been the target age of the kids today, probably younger.
You give kids too little credit, some kids actually like plot driven episodes and well developed characters.
>>
>We celebrate our multicultural students here. Now where did you say you come from?
>Kentucky, sir.
>Well you will bring honor to the people of Kenta-Kee, missy.

Comedy gold. Too bad modern shows are too whipped by SJWs.
>>
>>64604941
>school shooting
>suicide

what? neither of those things were in the show
>>
>>64613902
Curly Snaps is the "school shooting" one. Not to sure about the suicide.
>>
it'd probably be impossible right now to make another Hey Arnold season. Nickelodeon drove Bartlett away with the Exclusivity Clause when he wanted to make Party Wagon which is why Arnold was cancelled in the first place.

No doubt Bartlett would never come back to Nick after their falling out. Plus I'm sure another Exclusivity Clause would be waiting for him when he got there forcing him to spend the next two years of his life working only for Nick.

Just be glad you got the dvd release and that it's not still wasting away in the Viacom Vault
>>
>>64613986
>grabs the school supply of kickballs
>holds himself up in principal warts's office
>throws kickballs until there is an arrangement made

how is that even close to a school shooting?
>>
>>64600058
This ship gets a lot more uncomfortable when gender flipped.
>>
>>64614087
Its called a metaphor, bra.
>>
>>64614125
how is that a metaphor for a school shooting when he never hurt anyone (besides eugene for physical humor) and was in the principals office the entire time instead of wandering the school throwing balls at kids or at the very least terrorizing some of them

it's not a metaphor for anything, you're reading too much into this show
>>
>>64614101
Sexist.
>>
>>64614317
and flipping genders isn't?
>>
>>64604865

Arnold is 8. I don't want any freaking romance between him and Helga. Odds are in ten years they'll have practically forgotten their bond.
>>
>Show an actual child Hey Arnold
>"Can we never watch this again?"
>>
>>64613276

But that's perfect humor for feminists. Silly old White dude making obnoxious racial assumptions
>>
>>64614101

Eh, nowadays yeah. Several decades ago a boy bullying a girl because he liked her was game for cartoons
>>
>>64614758
No. It's not. Not inherently. But finding it okay for a girl to bully a boy because she likes him but not a boy to bully a girl because he likes her is.
>>
>>64615781
If you forced him to watch it, it's not surprising.
>>
>>64604865
>I'm pretty sure that at least one voice actor is dead or unable to do the same voice from aging
Oskar... which, while a tragic loss, isn't exactly the lynchpin of the show's cast
>>
>>64615781

Make her watch an entire season or two
>>
I don't think anyone seriously thinks Hey Arnold is getting any kind of treatment whatsoever. It's more wishful thinking than anything.

Too bad a show like that probably wouldn't work in this day and age. Kids were pretty impatient then already, but now they couldn't watch a show unless crazy shit happens every 30 seconds.
>>
>>64600058

All I'm seeing are Arnold and Helga crossdressing.
>>
>>64600058
I can't be the only one who thinks Arnold is a better girl than Helga and vice versa
>>
>>64618903

I'd totally penetrate Arnold's boypussy and interlock fingers
>>
>>64618903
The unibrow simply works better on a boy.
>>
>>64618903

Muh gender roles
>>
>>64619230
Maybe that's part of it

>>64619780
I think its mostly the head shapes tbh
>>
File: 2015Nick.jpg (311 KB, 1500x1375) Image search: [Google]
2015Nick.jpg
311 KB, 1500x1375
My 2015 calendar has Arnold in it so at least the company has the series on their mind.
>>
>>64621355
>a 16-month calender

W-what?
>>
>>64621676
Yeah, runs from September 2014 to December 2015. These are pretty common.
>>
File: Olivia_Hack_31217_Medium.jpg (77 KB, 535x355) Image search: [Google]
Olivia_Hack_31217_Medium.jpg
77 KB, 535x355
This is the voice of 'Rhonda Wellington Lloyd' and is exactly what she looked like during production.
>>
>>64615830
Wasn't Amethyst supposed to have a male bully?
Male on female bullying is so rare.
>>
>>64621772
ugly child would not pedo
>>
File: Olivia_Hack.png (223 KB, 333x511) Image search: [Google]
Olivia_Hack.png
223 KB, 333x511
>>64621848
She now looks like this
>>
>>64621955
Eh...

Rhonda still looks better.
>>
>>64621355

That's nostalgia based so yeah.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.