[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>canned laughter.mp3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
>canned laughter.mp3
>>
The entire strip was an excuse for Dobson to draw grumpyface, since he loves drawing grumpyface. It's the real motivation behind 90% of the comics where he or anyone else appears outraged.
>>
What was the point of switching characters and presumably settings and then have the exact same supporting cast anyway?
>>
Oh look, Dobson missed an opportunity for a quick sight gag but instead not only avoids showing what she's drawing but makes the punchline dependent on said drawing.
>>
Dobson changed his sex?
>>
>>63899287
>Panel 1: Emily is seen drawing something cartoony, teacher says "Emily work on those proportions"
>Panel 2: Emily is seen drawing it even more cartoony, teacher has look of frustration on his face
Not exactly a stellar joke, but it'd be miles ahead of this "tell don't show" crap he's pulling
>>
>>63899297
Yeah, he did some rant and the bear avatar he was using leaves and calls in this Emily girl as a substitute. Since then she's been his stand-in.
>>
Is he still hung up over his college art professor? He's how old again? I think it's time you let go of the past, Dobson.
>>
You'd think that for someone who keeps tearing apart the career of an artist, he'd move one to something else.

Like I don't know, music or some shit.
>>
>>63899469
He blames everyone that ever tried to help him for why he's so miserable now
>>
>>63898548
Pretty much. He's in love with this guy.
>>
>>63898434
I wait for the day that guy finally snaps and start raping people with an axe.
>>
I would love to harass this fat fuck at a con someday and throw scalding hot coffee in his obese facey
Fuck this guy.
>>
>>63900435
I thought he was annoyed at the feminist article itself.
Oh how naive of me
>>
>>63900095
What I hate most about this is that he unironically portrays this guy as a smug asshole who's being a jerk to this kid, when in reality it's incredibly obvious that the teacher is offering his help but the student is incredibly lazy and doesn't want to do work. This is it, this is Dobson's mantra.
>>
>>63899377
It kinda boggles the mind why he'd draw a picture of someone drawing an offscreen picture, instead of just drawing the actual picture...1
>>
would you an emily?
>>
>>63900095
i fucking hate this one more than anything dobson has ever produced. the guy looks so fucking evil and he's literally just offering to help him improve his art. i feel bad for the poor bastard that character is based on, he probably had to put up with so much of dobson's bullshit
>>
>>63900709
>implying Dobson can do anything write
Where's that picture of homer and the burning cereal
>>
>>63900780

>implying Dobson can do anything write

Did you mean to say "right"? Or was that an intentional jab against his horrible writing? I don't know.
>>
File: 1400258666289.png (162 KB, 318x347) Image search: [Google]
1400258666289.png
162 KB, 318x347
>Dobson is sucking up to the tumblr feminists to avoid the same fate that happened to the guys who do Gunnerkrigg and Goblins
>bitches and moans about anything topical that's even remotely feminist
>white knights it so hard he's chugging gallons of white-out
>went so far as to make his self insert female now because PROGRESSION
Not even tumblr cares about you, Dobson. Get the fish taco out of your mouth.
>>
>>63899287
I was looking for this, but couldn't find it.

What a fucking hack. So stupid he can't even make the most obvious of jokes.
>>
>>63901262
This isn't a new character. It's from a story-based SYAC that he abandoned like two years ago.
>>
>>63900715
No
>>
>>63901262
what happend to gunnerkrigg?
>>
>>63900435
Well, someone DID throw him water in a con.
I've seen the .gif a million times.

Kinda feel bad for the guy. Kinda...
>>
>>63901868
Got in an argument with tumblr feminists, something about not all women having to be female or some shit like that, got thousands of emails that almost drove him to suicide.
>>
File: tylor.jpg (72 KB, 537x399) Image search: [Google]
tylor.jpg
72 KB, 537x399
>>63903185
>got thousands of emails that almost drove him to suicide
>>
>>63903185

The best thing to come out of that was "MoS ruins another life"
>>
>>
>>63904608
I literally don't see anything wrong with the way he does his draw/ink/collouring process. The only faggotry was to make a pic about it and put his "wise words of advice".
>>
>>63902145

I have not seen this gif
>>
>>63899297
He's appealing to the SJW crowd lately to try to get some relative fame, and if you say something about his new avatar then you're sexist. People gave him too much shit about the bear thing, but now he thinks he's figured it all out.
>>
>>63900709
It reminds me of that episode of Clerks where Jay and Silent Bob keep running into the store describing crazy stuff that's happening outside, but they never show any of it. Except on Clerks, that was intentional.
>>
>>63904811
Honestly, if it works, it works. You can easily do some good work with Dobson's approach. After all, an artist is not shackled by arbitrary rules, but more about doing whatever it takes to make an appealing final product. And fundamentals aside, there is really no wrong way to do art so long as you can make it appealing in the end.

I've never seen his process as the big problem, but more how he goes about decision-making. Like, I'm cool with his actual coloring process, but he really sucks at the actual color-picking. There are many times that you can take Dobson's actual work and choose better colors, even in his hyper-cartoony worlds.
He also makes terrible decisions throughout the process in many situations, like that one comic that had much more interesting poses that became stiff in the final product or the whole Big Ben fiasco.
>>
File: 669576338473.jpg (27 KB, 500x611) Image search: [Google]
669576338473.jpg
27 KB, 500x611
>>63898434
>this is probably highly autobiographical
>"exaggerated proportions"
>known inflation fetishist
dobee, your power level is showing
>>
>>63898434
I think this new style is pretty all right but I hate how he draws all his tongues red as the devil's asshole.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.