[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/nfessions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1404872689988.png (31 KB, 299x236) Image search: [Google]
1404872689988.png
31 KB, 299x236
>>
Samurai Jack sucks.
>>
I wish Homestuck had a containment board, I've seem the hamsteaks fag up every board I've been to.
>>
I don't like Grant Morrison or Neil Gaiman all that much.
>>
Comics and cartoons should have separated boards
>>
i dont watch that many cartoons and ive hardly laid a hand on comics
im here for furry drawfriends and webcomics
i need to be burned at a stake
>>
I was disappointed Emily Carroll's new collection included His Face All Red. It fit in thematically but I wanted more new content.
>>
>>63879910
I'm trying to decide if I support this idea >>63879907 or not
If we split /co/, would you post in both boards?
>>
I hate Cape comics and eat up stuff like Saga, Pretty Deadly, and Blacksad. I hate to call that hipster tier but I really can't think of a better word for it.
>>
>>63879907
Its never going to happen. Accept it.
>>
>>63880007
All of those are incredibly mainstream titles. How would that be hipster teir?
>>
Fuck that Mighty No. 9 cartoon.
>>
>>63879951
Probably
i love Gravity falls and Gumball
But i also love Prequel, Paranatural, whomp, oglaf, and Poppy
>>
I have an extreme fetish for /co/mrades, esp ones that are interested in cartoons. I don't know why.
at one point in time, I kept spam posting this giant keychain I made saying "if you see a girl with this, please talk to me" in threads I liked

>I only did this because I wanted to date/fuck a /co/mrade so badly
>or befriend other /co/mrads

I'm ashamed I spammed it so hard
>>
>>63880116
Um... your gender is... ?
>>
-lil depressed boy is absolute try-hard trash
-most of the people that shit on grant morrison are idiots that can't into things more interesting than the latest company crossover
-MoS sucks, but at least it tried to be something and failed. AMS2 is an predictable, incoherent trainwreck
-diversity is good for the industry in the long run, even publicity stunt shit like black cap and new thor
-uhhhhh
-frozen is shit and its generals should be deleted on principle
-"casual" threads are one of the worst things about this board
>>
God help me, some days I actually miss Roasted.

He and his little entourage were a pain in the ass, but amusing.
>>
Sometimes /mlp/ can be more fun then you guys
>>
>>63880204
>diversity is good for the industry in the long run, even publicity stunt shit like black cap and new thor
I'm pretty sure introducing new diverse characters will be better for the industry as a whole for the long run more so than Whor and Captain Falcon.
>>
>>63880173
It already says it in her post.
>>
>>63880173
>If you see a girl
I just don't know, anon.
>>
File: Grill.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Grill.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>63880173
Grill, George Foreman.
>>63880204
>-frozen is shit and its generals should be deleted on principle
.I agree somewhat, frozen was overhyped way too much, and was "meh" teir at best.
>>
I'm the person that keeps on posting Questionable Content threads, and I'm not going to stop.
>>
>>63880271
>>63880282
I see.

Sup, babe?
>>
I hate comic books.
>>
I like to cosplay characters I know very little about
>>
I want to rub oil all over Superman's abs
>>
The "hurr keep your progession out of my comics" posts always bug me. Even when I agree that the PROGRESSIVENESS is handled shitty, the idea that comics shouldn't change themselves with time is so ridiculous. Even from just a business standpoint. The idea that a business shouldn't adapt to or try to find a new and developing market is so bizarre.

>i just dont want progressiveness being shoved in my face/being used as an obvious publicity stunt/killing off or ruining my favorite characters
"I dont like progression handled poorly" and "I dont want progression at all" are two different complaints. I see too much of the latter.
>>
>>63880307
You monster. You'll pay for your crimes someday.
>>
>>63879733
I can't comprehend Chichester's writing. I forget what the fuck am I reading in mid sentence.
I think I don't get what Watchmen are about, but I still say people are wrong when they say Snyder's movie is superior or Rorschach is right. Also, I sincerely think Rorschach isn't wrong, he just isn't right and crazy.
>>
>>63880066
Nothing to confess about, that trailer was poop and Kamiya was right. Based Kamiya.
>>
>>63880513

What did Kamiya sensei say?
>>
I don't understand why people expect serious discussion on /co/. The same site where three threads down, people are worshiping drawings of feet. People get way too serious and defensive about topics here. If you want to be that serious, why not go to an actual comics forum where you have to register and all that?
>>
File: business.jpg (29 KB, 586x316) Image search: [Google]
business.jpg
29 KB, 586x316
>>63880540
>>
>>63880474
I agree completely.
>>
File: jZbozaZVX8Iff.png (13 KB, 520x91) Image search: [Google]
jZbozaZVX8Iff.png
13 KB, 520x91
>>63880540
>>
The New 52 is actually pretty damn good. I'm currently reading Batman, Green Arrow and just started up Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash. Whoever says its shit must be reading the wrong books or just not remembering how crap DC got before Flashpoint. Tho I will agree Justice League and Superman started off pretty shit.
>>
>>63880561
/co/ is the best place to talk comics, unfortunately.
All the other forums are filled with people who've swallowed company pills, and are ready to suck dick for more.
While I agree that people are way too serious about this shit, I can at least have a somewhat decent conversation about a subject.
>>
I feel like comics journalism has a lot to do with why the dialogue between comic fans is so poisonous these days.
I think "If you disagree with me you should just disappear." is a frightening attitude even if I do agree with your politics, and it worries me that its becoming more and more...accepted.
I feel like a relic.

Also I wish the gravity falls fanart booru had a safesearch option. I mean draw whatever you want but I do not necessarily want a certain kind of picture on my computer forever.
>>
>>63880607
I wanted to finally get into DC with Snyder's Batman. It was too mediocre for me and I stopped reading after Death in the Family, because that arc wasn't at least mediocre. After hearing good things about Aquaman I'm considering to give DC a second shot with him.
>>
>>63880116
I-I'll be your friend, Anon..
>>
>>63880607
I'm just tired of the reboots and that a lot of the stories that they are selling now probably didn't need the reboot to be made in the first place.
>>
>>63880561
I like being able to come here to talk about comics and how shitty someone else's favorite show is, then tab over to talk about how I would clean and worship Azula's feet.
>>
I am honestly torn on whether or not I want Guardians of the Galaxy to do well.

On one hand, if it bombs it could teach Marvel to lay off the humor in place of good writing. But on the other, I may never get my Captain Marvel movie.
>>
Is gunerkrigg court really good? or is it just pure lesbian flick?
>>
>>63880673
Wait, there is such thing like comics journalism? Closest thing that comes to my mind is IGN's shitty weekly "reviews" and overall situation with MCU. One of them is shit, other one related to comics very loosely.
>>
>>63880561
I come to /co/ to find criticism for shows and movies that get praised everywhere else.
>>
Tumblr is my most visited site and I actively post there.
>>
>>63880723
Mar-Vell will probably only ever get a name drop, anon. Put those hopes away.
>>
>>63880723
>lay off the humor in place of good writing
Those two are not mutually exclusive. You just need a good writer.
I wish Thor 2 had bombed though. I actually thought there was too much dumb humor in it while watching it in theaters.
>>
I disagree on most subjects with the /co/ hivemind. I spend most of my time here being angry at other people's opinions
>>
I believe tumblr's SJW stuff makes perfect sense and that /co/ is full of overreacting brats that keep making sexist remarks just because they don't like tumblr's aggressive ways of expressing their beliefs
>>
>>63879733
I wish that the Homestuck General came back
>>
>>63880749
When I agree with some anon from /co/ I actually take that and use this argument IRL.
>>
A friend of mine went full Tumblrtard on me and it dawned on me that she was always kind of a delusional compulsive liar beforehand.
>>
>>63880747
ComicsAlliance, Wizard...blogs.

Not much but a lot of it seems really poisonous towards "wrong" opinions lately. Which admittedly is the same for everything.
>>
It completely boggles my mind how utterly retarded /co/ is with bait threads. It's like watching someone with a legitimate mental illness.
>>
>>63880762
I actually do too. It's a place outside of DA to find artists I like. Most of them have separate personal and art Tumblrs. I really don't see much sjw stuff, but when I do, I just unfollow that person.
>>
>>63880823
The Comics Journal, man.
>>
I have been regularly fucking my aunt for months.
>>
>>63880116
pls be in london
>>
Sonic comics are genuinely decent and I want TV show based on Flynn's comics. Sonic Boom looks okay so far. Nicole is muh waifu
>>
>>63880673
Comic Journalism is even worse than Vidya Journalism.
It's even worse that there aren't any in depth review sites/channels that are actually objective.

And that's kind of the problem with most comic book readers nowadays anyway. There isn't any sort of critical analysis of what's being put down on the page. They're just consuming and so long as it has Batman or Spider-man they give it a 5/5.
>>
>>63880855
Well, that's... huh.
>>
>>63880561
>I don't understand why people expect serious discussion on /co/.
Because they do have and it's better than the "funposting" that goes around here.

I have question to everyone: Why can't I be a bit serious about this hobby on the board for it?

I feel the people who would rather make blog posts and talk about other things than comics and cartoons should leave.
>>
I don't even bother with DC even if the stuff is good or recommended by other people here. I spent all my teenage years reading Marvel and while I don't bother with the events, Avengers and X-men anymore, I feel at home when I take a marvel book. But I like manga so much better anyway.

I love Korra and while the ending of the first season was really dissapointing because the equalist plot didn't have any resolution and Aang acted like a deus ex machina in the last second and that's fucking bullshit, I still like season 1 overall. Same with season 2. Season 3 is looking pretty good so far.
>>
File: ctcd.png (238 KB, 456x342) Image search: [Google]
ctcd.png
238 KB, 456x342
I still cry during this episode
>>
I really don't like KND's art style, though I can see why others do.
>>
>>63880729
It's good
The lesbian stuff is just pointed out a lot because lesbians but it's not really that much of a deal in the comic
>>
>>63880841
The only time I unfollowed a dude on Tumblr was some guy's blog where he posted pictures of guns and he started posting right wing American exceptional ism shit and stuff. I rarely run into any SJW stuff since I follow mostly Professional comic book artists and street fashion blog.

Makes me wonder what other people are following to get all that stuff. My dashboard is just artists self promoting the lastest issue of their comic or fashion photography
>>
>>63880474
I think there's a difference between having diversity in characters and changing established characters because something is "wrong" with a white character.

The Captain Falcon thing makes sense in context though. Don't know about Thorgirl. It's how it's reported that is stupid. Like I'm solely supposed to care that Thor is a woman because vagina. That's how it's been reported.

It's insulting that they think that a genderbent Thor is for women just because she's a woman. What's her personality? What's her job. What's her origin? She's traditionally hot. That's what we know.

I give it an issue or two before there are articles about how she's terrible and male gaze.
>>
>>63880116
P-post picture. I won't ever see IRL anyway.
>>
File: Deadpool Now.jpg (162 KB, 690x1034) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool Now.jpg
162 KB, 690x1034
I get really defensive when people talk shit about Deadpool. Like I'll see a random thread on /v/ or /tv/ or something talking "Wow Dudepeel, that's the LE EPIC CHIMICHANGA MAYMAY GUY xD" and the back of mind I'm thinking "But his book is one of the best comics today, goddamnit.

Fuck Daniel Way. That man can just fuck off forever.
>>
I think Robert Kirkman should stop writing the Walking Dead and let someone else take over a bit. If he chooses not to hand over his baby, then maybe take a break. It feels like the passion is gone for that book and he doesn't care about it, just the popularity of it from the show.
>>
>>63880819
And I'm actively avoiding joining that site just to personally piss her off.
>>
I've never actually read a comic, unless manga counts.
>>
>>63880946
>The lesbian stuff is just pointed out a lot because lesbians but it's not really that much of a deal in the comic

oh, nice.
>>
>>63880888
>Comic Journalism is even worse than Vidya Journalism.
True dat. At least vidya journalism has smart youtubers talking about the subject in a deeper way. We on the other hand only have Linkara and Comicbookslut19.
>>
>>63880855
Fuck auntie Mo
>>
>>63880921
You're kinda like me. I don't read manga and I gave up on Korra while watching first half of season 2, but I'm sucker for great animation and second half of season was a fun ride when Mir was animating it, except for last episode, of course.
>>
>>63880987
If the reason is because you like the atmosphere that you can see in mangas, then try Sin City.
>>
>>63881007
Advanced Common Sense was pretty funny
>>
I only come here for the comics because the cartoon discussion here is cancerous as fuck (Frozen, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, RWBY). But I don't even have that anymore since the only comic discussion here is just "niggers? females? In my comics?". Thank god we have storytimes at least.
>>
I want to like Gravity Falls. It it's going nowhere fast. I like the animation, I like the voice actors, I like the humor and mix to SCP/lovecraft/pulp weirdness, but fuck all that season one foundation building.

I fear it must die to truly live
>>
>>63880987
>I've never actually read a comic
It's ok, most of /co/ hasn't either.
>>
>>63880948
I follow back people who follow me unless they're obvious drones, and some of them post some pretty hardcore SJW stuff. I just kinda ignore most text posts now.
>>
File: 1352501443948.png (108 KB, 377x373) Image search: [Google]
1352501443948.png
108 KB, 377x373
>>63880116
*unzips dick*
>>
I have no idea what RWBY is and why it's in here and not in /a/
>>
>>63881007
>smart youtubers
Name one. James doesn't count because he's an entertainer, not critic. Same goes for Jon. In fact, best vidya e-celebs are entertainers, not critics.
>>
>>63881046
The actual reason is because there are so many different variations of comic from different eras.

Like, I can't just randomly jump into a superhero comic, can I?
>>
>>63881083
It's western made. Putting RWBY in /a/ would be like putting those canadian toons that mimic animu there as well
>>
>>63881083
A shitty online cartoon that people only watch for fight scenes and the girls.
>>
>>63881056
I really liked Gravity Falls up until every episode became "Mabel's doing something stupid and Dipper has to sacrifice spending time with Wendy because of it".
>>
>>63881083
Same reason avatar is here. It's made by a weeaboo guy, not actual japanese people.

For that matter fuck digimon threads and godzilla threads etc. Dump your stupid shit on /a/ and /tv/ if you want to talk about them so much. Also fuck autistic jojofags, everything is a reference to them.
>>
>>63880561
Because all actual comic forums are slow as shit, and are all focused around the big two.
>>
>>63881073
Why? Are they are artists or something, what do they do that is worthy of being followed.
>>
>>63881146
Why are we allowed to discuss live-action stuff here?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 745x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 745x595
I like The Legend of Korra more than TLAB
>>
>>63881088
Super Bunny Hop.
Errant Signal (even when he's a little bit social justicey)
I'd argue Total Biscuit for some subjects.
I wasn't even thinking about James or Jon, who are comedians first.
>>
>>63881146
Godzilla is /co/, stop whining.
>>
I have to take breaks from /co/ for weeks because it tires me now with so much arguing.

It's not even fun arguing anymore.
>>
>>63881211
Not the movies. The cartoons and the comics yeah but fuck your shitty boring ass 2014 movie in the ass.
>>
File: 1.jpg (288 KB, 1280x849) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
288 KB, 1280x849
>>63881089
well, it's natural that the word superhero is now associated with the word comic so eventually many people would assume that comics are all the same/and just about superheroes.

well, that's what happens when non-superhero comics get less exposure. But try to read comics like persepolis, Sin City, Maus or siegfried, or even The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
>>
>>63881163
>and are all focused around the big two
So is /co/
>>
>>63879907
>tfw I like both cartoons and comics, and doesn't need to go to two seperate boards to post about them.
Its a good feel.
>>
>>63881214
I disagree as I happen to feel the opposite: Sometimes what I really need is vent my frustrations over stupid internet fighting about Spider-man or something stupid like that.
>>
I think Gennedy Tartovkovsky is kinda arrogant

I read and loved prequel up until the point where I realized that for all the ground Katia covers, some stupid, contrived, tragedy will always bounce her back to near rock bottom.
>>
>>63881242
Surreal category is best category
>>
For the first time in my life I'm getting more interested in non-cape comics than capes. Stuff like Black Science and Southern Bastards, hell even Afterlife with Archie has really piqued my interest. And that comic Gillen's making about reincarnated gods as pop-stars, that sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>63881242
>tfw the cartoon list of that is terrible
I legit feel bad about that
>>
Bendis is not that bad, he just had a pretty awful run on Avengers (to be fair he really wasn't suited for that kind of book)
>>
>>63880713
drop contact. steam profile would be best
I'm in vocaroo threads a lot.
last valentine's day I made a very thirsty vocaroo and got chastized because people thought I was joking
>>
I'm a transsexual Marxist and think changing characters' race and sex for youth/ethnic minority/LGBT appeal and demographic is artistically bankrupt.

It's cheap pandering chasing column inches that reinforces how the big2 are financially conservative content farms living off character IP that they have to spin off every idea from established older characters that deserve to have their origins respected.

I don't think Michael Bay makes 'fun but empty popcorn movies with lots of cool action'. I think he completely fails to produce fun or exciting action films despite the efforts of thousands of designers and technician-artists. There are countless reasons why his films can be successful other than their quality- fashion, brand recognition, advertising, bile appeal and the deliberate promotion of the myth of the good bad movie are some I can see.
>>
>>63881311
is it because it's outdated?
>>
File: 1354930013283.jpg (56 KB, 259x343) Image search: [Google]
1354930013283.jpg
56 KB, 259x343
>>63881330
>I'm a transsexual Marxist
I'm sorry for you
>>
I only come here for the milf/sexy cartoon/who's your waifu/cartoon characters with huge asses/r34/lewd drawfag threads...
>>
I'm confused about the "wayppol isn't real Deadpool" argument, as Deadpool has guest starred in other comics and still been Deadpool, essentially, and still seemed mostly like Deadpool. I've got a sneaking suspicion that people are getting nostalgic for something that doesn't exist, and if they read the pre-Way Deadpool, they wouldn't like that either.
>>
>>63881247
Only mostly. You can still discuss things at a good pace that aren't big 2.
>>
>>63881166
They're not all artists but they reblog art and illustrations primarily that I find interesting. If it just looks like some teen girls comedy quirky comedy blog I'll avoid it too.
I don't actually see social justice stuff come up that often it only happens like once in a blue moon, but I have unfollowed people for it before.
>>
>>63881314
Bendis is a fine writer, he's just being put on too many things that he isn't really suited to write.
Not to mention he's kind of forced to eat the shit sandwich that are the original 5 X-men.
>>
/co/ occasionally has good discussion about indies and third parties.
>>
>>63881364
Not really. When people wax nostalgic about DP, they're most thinking about Kelly's run, Cable and Deadpool, and even how Remender wrote him in UXF.
>>
>>63881364
Kelly's & Rick Remender's Deadpools are SO GOOD
>>
>>63881316
So, what does joe ideal /co/mrade look/act like?
>>
>>63881417
....Your. Your ideal.

No idea how that happened.
>>
>>63881330
Comicbooks (marvel more so in the past) have always been trying to capture the hip young demographic and breaking mainstream american social taboos. This is nothing new. Spider-man being a nerd is an early example. Making Black Panther is another. Jon Stewart, Northstar, and many others have been born through the intention of being progressive. Trying to bring representation into comics is nothing new.

>>63881350
it's because it's shit
>>
>>63881372
Lucky. Maybe it's because of the things I'm into that I seek out there but nearly everyone that follows me makes/reblogs SJW posts constantly.

Plus those really obnoxious obviously false posts about deforestation and little attacked girls, and purple eyes.

I have over 800 followers and only follow 37 people myself because I fear one day I'm going to reblog something say the wrong thing and it's all over for any career I wanted to have.
>>
>>63880116
I don't know who's more pathetic, you or the desperate fucks replying to you.
>>
>>63881417
>>63881440
C-can I use Joe Ideal as a name for something I'm writing? It just fits and sounds really good
>>
Captain Marvel wouldn't be so bad if the first volume had good art. As soon as Vol 2 started and the art finally looked better it became much more readable.
I bet if the art was like that since the beginning /co/ would have liked it so much better. Deconnick writes a better Jessica than Carol though.
>>
>>63881464
We're all in the same boat.
>>
I like Style over Substance. If it looks cool, that's all I need man.
>>
File: 1393119214180.jpg (16 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
1393119214180.jpg
16 KB, 259x259
>>63881464
>implying you don't want to be part of that anon's harem as you and other greasy anons fuck her in every hole at the same time
>>
>>63881495
Have you watched Beowulf(2007)?
>>
I don't know why people who work in the comic book industry think that they are above all criticism, and label any attempts to bring those problems to light as merely trolling.
I also don't know why readers think that they can just blindly bash those who work in the comic book industry. Make level headed complaints about whatever you're reading.
>>
>>63881478
Sure, go nuts.
>>
>>63881405
>>63881416
Fair enough. I think I've read a little of these, and they are better.
>>
My favourite authors right now (Gillen and Fraction) are people that /co/ keeps complaining about for "pandering to tumblr".
Also Morrison>Moore all day erry day
>>
>>63881481
Eh, I jumped on at Vol. 2, and the issue when Carol met the Guardians made me drop it. Unless it got much better since then.
>>
>>63881364
Its more that since that was the version that got most attention (people say that but for the most part his appearances in hulk vs wolverine and ultimate alliance seemed fine to me, only thing that used deadpool that way recently was the deadpool game which was destined to fail) and people are upset because with the exception of that writer Deadpool is never like that 100% of the time. Pretty much it is just people disowning one version there was never a big mystery behind it.
>>
I don't actually read comics and I feel incredibly guilty for it. At the same time I constantly think of ways the comic industry could be better run and how the current management are fucking retarded.
>>
>>63881458
Odd I only have 200 followers, and the most I see aside from the obviously fake news stories my IRL friends reblog are things about missing children or the situation in Gaza. Of course I'm still worried about what I post since Milianogiannis started following me.
>>
>>63881544
>Also Morrison>Moore all day erry day
Hell no nigga. Get fucked!
>>
File: megadinklage.jpg (117 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
megadinklage.jpg
117 KB, 640x360
>>63881146
Certain things just belong to /co/.
Like Pacific Rim. Can't explain that, but it does.
>>
>>63881518
>Beowulf(2007)

That looks pretty boring visually
>>
>>63881567
Would you share your url in here?
>>
I really really really enjoy Bendis' stuff, but since I'm a huge faggot, /co/ discouraged me to read most of his current ongoings like his x-men books and guardians of the galaxy. On the other hand I'm not a huge fan of having to read 2 or 3 books to know what's happening so it's not so bad.
In any case, I'd defend Bendis whenever I have the chance.
>>
>>63881606
No, go fuck yourself. You wanna post about that shitty movie? Go to /tv/
>>
>>63881481
>I bet if the art was like that since the beginning /co/ would have liked it so much better.
Nope. The first arc was pretty much "CAROL IS A PILOT AND LIKES TO FLY" mixed with time travel bullcrap. She should have tone down the female aviator bull and focused on Carol's life outside of being a superhero.
>>
>>63881567
>Dash Shaw started following me even though I've only made 4 posts in 2 years.

I like the type of artists that seem to just follow you just cause you follow them
>>
>>63881608
how about 9?

well, when you think about it, beowulf and 9 are probably the reasons why there are no PG-13 animated movies.
>>
>>63881606
Pacific Rim has a prequel comic and will have an animated series. It's fair game, don't let the sour anons that get into threads to complain about the thread itself instead of hiding them
>>
I genuinely like Loony Tunes Back In Action
>>
>>63881625
The biggest problem that I have with his Guardians book is that it's boring. So little happens in each issue, it's just so decompressed.
Not to mention that Bendis is just clunky with the characters. If he wants to write them differently, fine, that's on him. But at least write them well.
>>
I really really really like the word "faggot" as an insult but now I feel guilty because one of my best friends is one of those militant gays that get obsessed over their sexuality as their whole identity lately but he's a really nice person and kinda feels bad using that word even in private.
>>
>>63881675
Still boring looking , Give me an Imasihi or Yuasa bro
>>
>>63881722
It's got some good moments
>>
>>63881694
Not to mention a majority of the movie is, in fact, animated.
>>
>>63881722
it was a pretty good movie.

honestly a better representation of looney tunes than space jam was.
>>
>>63881694
>Pacific Rim has a prequel comic
Haha, oh yes. That incredibly shitty comic that got posted in most Pacific Rim threads because you retards needed an thinly veiled excuse to justify your shitposting.
>>
>>63881738
>Give me an Imasihi or Yuasa bro
No. You don't deserve it.
>>
>>63880987
Not even a newspaper strip?

>>63881054
At this point, it's the only way you know you're talking to someone that has read the comic being discussed.
>>
>>63881750
most movies have lots of cgi, that still doesn't make it /co/ related
>>
>>63881567
I envy you. I don't follow any of my friends on Tumblr. I had a really good friend who went full sjw after being on the site. I would post something and she would post passive aggressive text posts about me within 5 minutes.

After seeing Ronnie post here about not commenting on any of that kind of shit, I take that approach. If I need to vent, I share it with the rest of you here.
>>
I love it when I read a long article or blog post and the only response is one of those "MY MOM MAKES OVER 700 DOLLARS A WEEK WORKING FROM HOME..." thing.

A long winded impassioned blog post about something, and then that.
>>
>>63881566
If you feel so guilty, why don't you start reading/
>>
>>63881798
>After seeing Ronnie post here
What a fantastic thread that was.
>>
>>63881673
Yeah it's weird but it's nice.
>>63881618
Eh I'm not really sure I shared about a year ago and that was fine, but /co/ as a whole is a lot more hostile toward that place now.
>>
>>63880952
I think it's less 'something wrong with being white' and more it can be easy to just racebend a few pre-existing characters because their race was never really an integral part to their character.
The Spectacular Spider-Man racebent a decent portion of its cast and to me that helped make the world feel more fleshed out and New York-like.
Otherwise I agree. Changing someone's race/gender and then writing article after article about how "Thor is BLACK Now!" is grating and stops any actual discussion of who the character is now.
>>
>>63880307

Oh fuck you!
>>
>>63881798
Well a lot of them post "fandom" shit which can be really annoying on it's own but we rarely use it to interact aside from the shitty messaging system.
>>
File: blhor.jpg (193 KB, 251x362) Image search: [Google]
blhor.jpg
193 KB, 251x362
>>63881834
>"Thor is BLACK Now!"
By the way I fucking hate they call Whor "representation". It's another blonde woman, what a revolution.
>>
I have a crazy friend who thinks this entire site is plotting to kill her because she's on tumblr and that you are all using me to get to her
>>
>>63881895
Who said she's wrong?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>63880307
I don't care as long as Marten gets closer to fucking the tranny.
At least it's not shortpacked

>>63881895
That is hilarous.
Also I legit feel disgust for /b/ amd /pol/ for making a girl kill herself and feel absolutely nothing about it.
>>
>>63881895
Try and use it to fuck her, I guess.
>>
>>63881934
You apparently got two of her tumblr friends to kill themeselves...

Being friends with a complusive liar is suffering
>>
>>63881895
Kill her? That's too easy.

After we are done with her she is going to wish she was dead.
>>
>>63881934
>MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Gaia is over there, anon -->
>>
>>63881895
Try having sex with her, sticking your dick in harms way is the best.
>>
>>63881946
>Also I legit feel disgust for /b/ amd /pol/ for making a girl kill herself and feel absolutely nothing about it.
Read kill as kiss, and got a little confused.
Was the girl on /b/ or /pol/? If she was, she only has herself to blame for it.
>>
I hate all of you.
>>
>>63881980
>-->
Take your own advice.
>>
>>63882017
We love you too.
>>
>>63881999
B-But I don't have a dick!

And I don't have a tumblr, I know her in real llife
>>
The only comics I'm reading right now are Invicible and Saga. Everything else I liked from the Big 2 got canned. I'm trying really hard to get into other things, but so much of it is just terrible.
>>
>>63882005
she was on tumblr, she got triggered by a gif or something. She was abused as a kid and watching CP out of nowhere got her to kill herself.
>>
>>63882017
Feeling's mutual.
>>
>>63882052
>B-But I don't have a dick!
then use your clit!
>>
>>63882052
Go to the red light shop and by one of those cyborg strap ons.
>>
>>63881891
>Whor
That reminds me, I really hate how people here (and a lot of other places really) will say "We're not racist/sexist/homophobic, we just don't want our characters to change!" or something like that
and then they will go on to say really racist, sexist, and homophobic things.
I get no place is a hivemind, but I see people say race or sex isn't a factor in the complaints AT ALL and that's just demonstrably not true.
>>
>>63881566
I'm confused. Do you like any comics? Hasn't anyone posted some scans that seemed interesting to you, prompting you to go look for the main book? There must be some reason you're here. Is it just for movie hype?
>>
>>63882079
So blame tumblr, not us.

Did she used to post here?
>>
>>63881895
She also says that H. P Lovecraft isn't real and that all science fiction is evil because it makes people stop believing in magic.

Sounds funny but it's actually incredibly depressing
>>
>>63882143
>We're not racist/sexist/homophobic
Nobody here says that.
We're all racist, sexist, and homophobic.
We also don't want our characters to change because it's a stupid short sighted gimmick that'll be back to normal by the time of the next movie.
>>
>>63882143
I was honestly one of the first dudes here to defend Kamala and Miles when there was nothing but hate. But fuck me if I don't hate Whor.
>>
I ship Chas and Rule63 Constantine
>>
>>63882183
Like the writer wasn't real or the his stories weren't real?
>>
I hate people who use "degeneracy" un ironically
>>
>>63882182
no, it as when /b/ and /pol/ spammed tumblr with gore, cp and other stuff in popular tags like dr who, feminism, supernatural and all that shit
>>
I stopped reading comics last year. I don't even pirate anymore. I don't regret it at all.
I just watch cartoons now and have looked into manga. People were right, this does have more variety.
>>
>>63882183
why are you even friends with her?
sounds like a nut
>>
>>63882243
The writer. She actually thinks I made him up just to fuck with her.
>>
When I go to conventions, I go to all the booths run by local independent writers and artists and get a copy of every book/comic they're selling. Even if the artist is like fifteen. Even if it's furry or something.

I never read any of it. I just want to encourage people to keep making comics and literature.
>>
>>63882308
She was a very close childhood friend who helped me though some tough shit in my middle school/high school years.

But now...I don' know...
>>
>>63882298
What cartoons are even good now?
>>
>>63882206
I like Whor
Mostly because I easily fall in love with super powerful muscular blonde women.
But we'll see when she comes out
>>
I like your T-shirt
>>
>>63882318
What? But Cthulhu wasps super popular now,
>>
File: hat.gif (1018 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
hat.gif
1018 KB, 499x374
>>63882355
I'm still catching up to ongoing cartoons, so I'm not sure.
>>
File: I will mamoru you.jpg (24 KB, 634x594) Image search: [Google]
I will mamoru you.jpg
24 KB, 634x594
>>63882336
that's really cute, anon
>>
>>63882318
Wow.

So what, you fabricated fake photographs, created fake articles and websites, and wrote dozens of famous stories just to fuck with her?

What a wackjob.
>>
>>63882318
You should go to the bookstore with her.
>>
>>63882383
>tips gryffindor
>>
I like the opening theme to Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heros
>>
I'm a firm believer that B/C level villains and heroes are not only better written but more interesting than A levels.
>>
I killed the Fluffies
>>
>>63882436
I like that it was written by a convicted rapist and few people know this.
>>
>>63879733
I've never seen Megas XLR, Clone High, or Sym-Bionic Titan.

I don't care about cape comics, but I love Harley Quinn, Powergirl, and Spider-Man

If I ever directed a cartoon, then there would be at least one episode about my fetish macrophilia
>>
I don't think The Runaways is a good comic, it's one of the few recommendations /co/ gives out that I don't 100% agree with.
>>
My girlfriend easily has four times as many comics as I do and still somehow manages to pass for normal in public. I'm so jealous of her ability to be secretly nerdy instead of sweating nerd from every pore like I do.
>>
I haven't read anything close to an on-going since the Evil Reed arc.
>>
>>63882396
I have. She took the fact that the fantasy section was bigger than the sci-fi one as some kind of victory.
>>
>>63881316
Ok. I hope I hear from you...
>>
I can't stand Lovecraftian influences in modern works, mostly because they say "influence" but then steal directly from his mythos. Sometimes they don't even bother renaming what they've stolen.
That's fucking lazy.

Lovecraft's original works were only scary in that he couldn't write for shit.
>>
I don't really know why I still come to /co/. I don't really know enough about comics to discuss them in any reasonable manner, and the cartoon threads are either generals filled with insane amounts of autism, or, once in a blue moon, about an older or unpopular show that dies after 10 replies.
Problem is, besides /co/, there is literally no where else to talk about cartoons, so I guess I'm stuck here.
>>
>>63882511
His writing style is shit but he inspired a lot of cool stuff.
>>
>>63879733
I've stopped reading any DC comics that are "incontinuity". Give me Smallville, Injustice, Infinite Crisis, Batman Beyond.
>>
>>63882511
They don't have to rename anything, his stuff is all public domain.
>>
>>63882511
>spoiler

Fucking this. Even modern fanfiction is better
>>
File: tumblr_n7uwi5Lk7m1s5sgjao1_1280.png (669 KB, 1000x842) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7uwi5Lk7m1s5sgjao1_1280.png
669 KB, 1000x842
I like the Legend of Korra Book 3.

/co/nfession number 2: My main reason for liking it is Kyhu.
>>
>>63881895
She also says you're all a bunch of pedophiles.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!
>>
>>63882622
Season 3 is nothing to be ashamed of. Also, Kyhu has nothing to do with the seasons, does he?
>>
Sometimes I wish I had more friends who were into comics, but then I'll meet someone who is and they'll be super fucking annoying or have terrible taste.

For example, I met a friend of a friend the other day and it turned out we both liked comics. It quickly went to shit when she told me that she really only liked the darker stuff because anything where characters don't actively die or get disfigured/raped/mentally broken is kiddie shit.
>>
>>63882437
Wow, what a confession. Truly, you are so unique and original!
>>
>>63881811
I don't have the disposable income
>>63882169
Sure, I read them on /co/ or download sometimes when they interest me but I don't pay for anything. I feel bad for not supporting the industry
>>
Yes,I despise tumblr and everything that its known for.
But GUYS
I FOUND SANE PEOPLE ON TUMBLR
Im still in contact with that rare wonderful unicorn
>>
>>63882183
But there are quite a few science fiction stories that involve magic, or rather science fiction/fantasy mixes I suppose
>>
>>63882458
The Runaways is the type of series that is better when you're a kid or a teenager. When you get older, it's not as enjoyable.
>>
>>63882665
Well, Season 3 is developing a very close friendship between Korra and Asami. In response Kyhu has nearly tripled her Korrasami output. So....
>>
>>63882724
Hm, I am intrigued. Does she have Opal pics already?
>>
>>63882458
It certainly has more problems than /co/ lets on.
It's a fine idea, but not even BKV executed it well.
And all the kids are just teenage caricatures that suck, ie: Molly acting 5 I don't care if she says she is just pretending, that's just a bullshit excuse for lazy writers.
It was just most of /co/'s first comic, so of course it's going to get a lot of praise.
>>
Steven Universe is better than current Adventure Time.

Not saying Steven Universe is all that great either.
>>
>>63882551
He did. I'll give him that.
>>63882590
My point wasn't really a legal one, more that some people have no creative prowess.
>>
>>63882705
>I don't have the disposable income
Go to the library. I know you want to support the industry, but even if you chose not to read them because of income, you wouldn't be buying them anyways.
>>
>>63881895
She also believes that Welsh people are the most opressed people who ever lived.

Keep in mind she said this in front of a victim of severe homophobic bullying.
>>
>>63882754
Oh, yes.
>>
>>63882687
Thanks anon! You wouldnt believe how many people fight tooth and nail over how the trinity (DC) are the only relevant characters.
>>
>>63882800
>>63882754
Crap, can;t find a SFW version of it. GO look on http://kyhuafterdark.tumblr.com/
>>
>>63882764
I thought the general consensus was that AT has gone to shit and that SU while not great is acceptable
>>
>>63882836
Maybe outside of /co/, people do that.
But here, it's standard.
Hell, Superior Foes of Spider-man is one of /co/'s favorite books!
>>
>>63882795
And that she's a reincarnated Welsh warrior and that her TOTALLY REAL imaginary friend was her past life's lover returned as a ghost.
>>
>>63882890
then the general consensus is fucking retarded since both shows are pretty great and they take them for granted
>>
File: 3450380-7655901057-bossy.png (74 KB, 350x268) Image search: [Google]
3450380-7655901057-bossy.png
74 KB, 350x268
>>63882645
it's true
>>
>>63882764
I agree, but personally it's: Clarence, SU then AT
>>
>>63882890
This is how I see it.

AT is bad and SU is good = It's all bad

SU is bad and AT is good = Perfectly reasonable
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.