[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong for someone to say they enjoy Family Guy more than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: kingdom_hearts.jpg (124 KB, 458x285) Image search: [Google]
kingdom_hearts.jpg
124 KB, 458x285
Is it wrong for someone to say they enjoy Family Guy more than current Simpsons?
>>
>>63851225
why not? family guy's better than ever.
i mean, in terms of comedy. it's STUPIDER than ever but it's also the funniest it's ever been. family guy basically has three phases
1. good, meaningful, clever
2. fucking awful
3. stupid funny
>>
>>63851225

>Is it wrong for me to have an opinion?
>>
>>63851324

Yes.
>>
>>63851225
They're both shit. What's it matter?
>>
>>63851225
no, even zombie simpsons can manage to make you laugh once in a while

family guy will fucking murder a baby and go "le haha we just le buchered le baby how is that not a barrel of yucks?"
>>
>>63851225
Not at all. The recent season of Family Guy can have some good jokes despite having bad plots while Simpsons is just boring.
>>
File: 14924679979.gif (497 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
14924679979.gif
497 KB, 500x375
>>63851225
No.

Compare this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWPUywYEGN4

to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvgvqVeFQUI
>>
>>63851470
I saw the name of the second video and cried in anguish
>>
I enjoy prefer pooping over diarrhea, but they're both still shit.
>>
Modern Simpsons are mostly dull with hackneyed attempts to appear 'relevant' and almost zero laughs to be found.

Family Guy, as it is now, is a different beast. You might get the occasional chuckle but you'll have to sit through torturously unfunny segments that drag on far too long with zero humor to be found. Like that bit where Peter murders the whale with the forklift, or when he tries to get the dead frog in a box.

Also most modern Family Guy cutaways feel like legit manatee jokes.
>>
File: 13278642.png (46 KB, 218x225) Image search: [Google]
13278642.png
46 KB, 218x225
>>63851344
Only a handful of jokes in every Family Guy episode are "bloody" and "gory", they're the only segments /co/ ever pays attention to because of how exaggerated and overdone they are, they're intended to get a rise out of you.

The rest is just stupid, mindless fun, sometimes even clever shit. Take this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXi4ppLm-U

As for OP's question, Simpsons is a complete bore, I can't even finish episodes nowadays.
>>
>>63851653
>Take this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXi4ppLm-U
I-I don't get it.
>>
Modern simpsons isn't funny.
Modern family guy has attempts at "humor".
>>
>>63851225
Simpsons is sadly degraded, it's typically just a really unfunny show. But its former greatness offends a lot of older fans.
Family Guy was never as good and they throw enough shit at the wall to have a few funny gags per episode.
>>
Yes.
If only because they both are pretty bad
>>
>>63851723
They're pedos.
That joke would've been a lot funnier if they hadn't followed it up with "THAT WAS A SMART JOKE! IF MODERN FAMILY MADE IT THEY'D GET AN EMMY!"
>>
>>63851225
No.

The odd cutaway can still be funny and the songs, if crass, are certainly better. Sucker for Family guys show toony songs
>>
>>63851723
In a minor. Inside an individual younger than 18.
>>
>>63851225
It would be wrong not to. Family Guy is an objectively better show these days.
>>
File: 1380434132224.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1380434132224.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
Why do people always parrot the idea that "old" Family Guy is better than new? Is it just to be contrarian?

I change the channel everytime an old episode comes on, it's so fucking terribly dated, most of the jokes fall flat or don't make sense because it's not 199-fucking-9 and it's just so ugly to look at.
>>
>>63851470
What upsets me the most about Kesha is that she's a genius and doing this.
>>
Some of the jokes in Family guy is still pretty funny, not often enough to warrant watching it but still. Modern simpsons is incapable of being funny at any point.
>>
>>63851814
Nostalgia and the show wasn't as bitter and awful as it is today.
Family Guy was more or less WAY ahead of the curve with this referential humor shit. Them and Critic.
>>
Hasn't new family guy just been awful though in how the characters behave to one another?
Like, I get the impression that they all hate one another, while the Simpson family still like each other. Deep down.
>>
>>63851843
Ahead of the curve as in, some other show did the exact same thing 5 years before.
>>
>>63851916
Ehhh...
The Griffins are outright assholes to each other, the Simpsons are just bottling their hate and letting it bubble away.
>>
>>63851225
It's wrong in the sense that if you still watch either show enough to be able to answer that question then you clearly have awful fucking taste and everyone should disregard everything you have to say.
>>
>>63852007
what
>>
>>63851259
>1. good, meaningful, clever
Maybe pre-cancellation, but not anymore.
If anything, it's interesting to watch an episode of Family Guy just to see how bad it's gotten.

But choosing between modern Family Guy and Modern Simpsons is a lot like deciding between AIDS and prostate cancer.
>>
>>63851225
The drop in quality for The Simpsons is FAR more infuriating.

Bot shows are shit non, but Family guy can still at least manage the occasional chuckle.
>>
>>63851843
Yeah but still way behind South Park
To bad references doesn't equal humor
>>
>>63851225
they're just not funny
>>
>>63851960
I'd agree with you on The Simpsons, but I think that is only true for Marge. I don't get the impression that Homer hates the family, and sometimes Bart does something nice for Lisa.
>>
>>63852051
At least you can actually get rid of prostate cancer.
>>
Bob burger is better than Family guy in every way, Call it "Next Generation of the Simpson", They got clean jokes, And amusing cast of characters, They never wanted to challenge the audiences in Political commentary.

They don't call us idiots for not knowing the answer, Nor making fun of retards and People who are disable. I like bob burger and I would love it to outdo family guy.
>>
>>63853991
>Bobs burger
>even close to funny

Probably the shittiest cartoon out right now.
>>
>>63854092
lel
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x301
>>63851470
I kinda like that couch gag
>>
>>63851225
Family Guy really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. There are still good jokes here and there.
>>
While i'm more dissapointed in the drop in quality with The Simpsons, it's always more watchable than Family Guy.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/2172071
>>
Depends what kind of stuff you'll watch.

I watch current Family Guy. All it does is throw 1000 jokes at you an episode and I'll laugh at some. So whether or not you like it is likely based off whether or not bad jokes bring an episode down for you or if they just leave you staring at the screen until they're over. Modern Simpsons not only saddens me to see a great fall, and I don't laugh. So I rate Family Guy higher, currently.
>>
Nope. At least Family Guy doesn't use retarded internet memes at the rate Simpsons does.
>>
File: 1317495201640.jpg (194 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1317495201640.jpg
194 KB, 720x540
>>63851470
Makes me happy that pop music is only relevent for only a few months before it dies and no one remembers it. Kind of like new episodes of both simpsons and family guy.
>>
Family guy is the fast food of TV. It's awesome but you know it's kind of shit.
>>
>>63853991
>Never wanted to challenge the audiences in Political commentary
>Implying old Simpsons didn't do this shit all the time

>Clean Jokes
Bobs is full of dirty jokes, Bob accidentally becomes a tranny pimp and revealed Jimmy Pesto as a diaper fag.
>>
>>63858330

Compare to family guy, It is pretty much a clean show. Do you know how many deaths and gore, just coming from a family? JESUS CHRIST!
>>
>>63858119
Where is the neither button?

They are both total garbage that is on the border of unwatchable.
>>
>>63858282
You mean its bad for you and you just feel awful after consuming it?
>>
>>63858630
Just pick one, you baby.
>>
>>63851225
it's pretty subjective, but the way I see it, the Simpsons is now a vacant, hollow space, but the space family guy occupies at least has a dead rat in it.
>>
Modern simpsons
- unfunny
- boring
- unlikeable characters
Modern Family guy
+ sometimes still funny
- boring
- unlikeable characters

Family guy beats the simpsons but only by a tiny inch because you'll still laugh once or twice at a new episode of family guy
>>
>>63851723
It's a performance for pedophiles featuring a magical flute in a minor... it's not complicated
>>
>>63851817
But that's WHY she's doing this. Easy money, how is that not genius? Same with her pop career.
>>
>>63851653
>this joke
>clever
Are you retarded?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.