[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Jinora overpowered?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: Jinora's_spirit.png (140 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Jinora's_spirit.png
140 KB, 444x250
After watching the last few weeks episodes, seeing Jinora utilizing spirit powers and the way she gets played by even Tenzen (during the tattoo scenes) make me think she is getting too powerful.

Anytime something important needs to happens, Jinora can handle it. She Mine as well replace Korra.
>>
>>63762898
maybe i havent been watching very carefully but is her airbending really all that spectacular? it seems to me no single airbender so far in this show has even once approached what Aang did on a regular basis.
As for her spirit powers, nah that's cool. think of her like scarlet witch. is she op? well technically.
>>
>>63763899
Zaheer's been doing some pretty cool stuff with his airbending
>>
>>63762898
Her only power is to get the plot moving. Unless they have her summon an army of spirits to fight for her, she's not very powerful. Meelo kicks more ass than she does, and he's only 6.
>>
File: 1403424690730.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1403424690730.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Her spirit powers just seem to be made up on the spot for whatever situation she's facing.

Need to search underground?
>Oh by the way, I can still astrally project my spirit.

Need to find Kai specifically?
Oh, and I can locate him because of our special connection.

Need to send a message to Lassie because the baby bisons fell down a well?
>Oh, I can summon spirit critters who can relay messages to other spirits that only Bumi can understand, even though spirits have been regularly shown to be capable of speaking with regular humans just fine but I chose to summon one who can't for some reason.
>>
>>63762898
Not yet. Wait until she gets her tattoos.
>>
>>63762898

What the fuck are you talking about OP. Last episode she got shoved in a box and couldn't get out. The kid with two twigs could though. Stop over reacting
>>
>>63764159
So are we getting bald Jinora soon?
>>
>>63764231
Gotta shave bare to get the ink. Might grow back after, so there is a chance they will cheat us with a time skip.
>>
>>63764278
There is no way Nick will let a preteen get tattoo's. I imagine they only let it slide with aang because he already had them. If they show Jinora getting them of have gotten them then every soccer mom in the country will cry "muh imitable acts".
>>
>>63764094
>Oh by the way I can astrally project my spirit
>Like I did in the last season's finale

>Oh I can locate him because special connection
>Like I located Korra even though I was in the spirit world while he was a big blue colossus

>Oh I can summon spirit critters to send messsages
>Just like I did last season with the butterflies

All of this was totally made up on the spot
1 year ago.
>>
File: Yangchen[1].png (111 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Yangchen[1].png
111 KB, 333x250
>>63764231
>>63764278
female air nomads that have master tatttos only leave their front half of their head shaved.
>>
>>63764395
I guess we'll have to skip over the sandbender tradition of female circumcision then.
>>
>>63764424
They have to shave their head to get the entire tattoo. /co/ seems to be getting really finicky about Jinora temporarily losing her hair.
>>
>>63764424
that almost looks worse
>>
>>63764463
It'll happen between seasons so that they give her time for her hair to grow back.
>>
i don't want Jinora to shave her head, bald women are fugly
>>
>>63764395
>There is no way Nick will let a preteen get tattoo's
I mean, Aang had them and I think he got his at an even younger age than Jinora might be.
>>
File: Ember Island Aang.png (96 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Ember Island Aang.png
96 KB, 333x250
>>63764509
>bald women are fugly
Let's not say things we can't take back now.
>>
No, in fact she has to be saved by Kai so much that when she goes like "IM JUST AS GOOD AS YOU DAD" all I can do is roll my eyes.
>>
They're doing a good job (imo) of balancing her being talented for her age with her still being a kid who still has room to grow. It's better than how they handled the Gaang's "we flawlessly win every fight until the plot demands we lose" thing anyway.
>>
>>63764531
Right but they never showed him with out them. Nick could of thought kids were to stupid to make the connection but with Jinora that's not the case. Kids could she her without them and then with them. Not saying I agree with them but showing a kid getting tattoos with the course of the actual story will get to many people angry and crying about imitable acts.
>>
File: a_b07b338c.jpg (10 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
a_b07b338c.jpg
10 KB, 200x150
>>63762898
>Mine as well

What
the
Fuck
>>
>>63764557
I'd hit that until she walked bow-legged.
>>
>>63764711
>Right but they never showed him with out them
IIRC they do in a couple of flashbacks. I remember he didn't have them when he first met Appa.

Nick will probably allow it because it's a cultural thing, Jinora's not getting the tattoos for shits and giggles. At the most we'll probably just see her shaved with bandages on her head and then her hair will start to grow back.
>>
>>63764751
>At the most we'll probably just see her shaved with bandages on her head and then her hair will start to grow back.
Not even. If they do it at all, I'd say it will happen during a slight time skip between seasons.
>S4 premier
>Jinora has shorter hair and tatoos
>>
>>63764000
He's probably the strongest airbender around, until they decide to give Tenzin or his kids a boost.

Zaheer being so retardedly good at airbending is still the biggest bs so far.
>>
>>63766188
it's strongly implied that he has studied air nomad culture for quite a while before HERPDERPSPIRITS were giving air bending away like candy. It's entirely likely he went out and learned some air bender stances and forms just as a way of becoming a more agile fighter. If that were the case, he would really only need a short amount of practice once he actually gained the abilities.

Also, he really doesn't seem to be that good at bending. Sure, he is powerful, but he hasn't been shown to have that much control over it. He doesn't do any fancy techniques, like the air scooter, air sickles, or anything like that. He kinda just uses it as brute force to slap shit around, or dampen his falls.
>>
>>63762898
It really is fucking pathetic how Tenzin 12 year old daughter is apparently as powerful as him
>>
>>63764717
Lots of kiddies fangirling korra these days.
>>
anybody else thoroughly enjoy Meelo in the newest episode? he fucked shit up
>>
>>63767056
has she shown anything good in a fight? all she has done is the spirit stuff which is apparently advanced airbending. it made more sense when she was just more spiritually aware then tenzin for no reason
>>
>>63767349
Has tenzin shown anything good in a fight?
>>
>>63764649
You're thinking S3, they were pretty shit in S1, and even in a little bit of S2
>>
>>63766188
We still don't know who he even is, you can't call BS just yet

>>63767056
Yes, let's take a kid's powerlevel assessment of the girl he's macking on seriously

>>63767587
Yes, he's done more cool fighting shit than Jinora
>>
The only reason no one has utilized Air Blades yet is because it's possibly the most overpowered ability in the show.
Everything can be solved with Air Blades.
>>
Why can't she be the Avatar?
>>
>>63769093
Because Raava fused with Korra again

Can you even imagine if it'd gone to Jinora instead, that shit would be hilarious

Jinora becomes the main character and Korra is relegated to bitter b-tier

the show improves tenfold
>>
so the season is 13 episode long, right? And we are at the 7th one.

And what is exactly the plot? I feel like nothing has really happened
>>
>>63767958

Zaheer cut the water barrel in half with an air blade.
>>
>>63769609

Nothing happened.

Except well... Airbenders coming back, the Fantastic 4 escaping, and Korra making an enemy of the Earth Queen.
But other than that nothing.
>>
>>63769609
We're going to help reconstruct the Air nation.
>>
>>63769684
But we have that and Zaheer, and the Earth Queen, and now Lin, too many shit going nowhere
>>
>>63769724

I don't understand. Is anything not happening on screen at the moment "not going anywhere" to you?
>>
>>63769609
Glad to hear the series hasn't improved since Season 1, since that's the same damn problem we had then.
>>
>>63769805

>Plot heavy episodes
>Waaah where is the fun filler stuff
>fun filler stuff
>Waaah plot's going nowheeere!
>>
>>63769783
take the last two episodes, fucking nothing happened

>muh fun and shipping

fuck you
>>
She spent the last half of this episode in a goddamn cage
>>
File: 1405707775774.jpg (24 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
1405707775774.jpg
24 KB, 291x300
>>63769895
>>
>>63769890

Lin's backstory, character development, Korra learned to Metalbend, Zaheer showed off a new skill, Kai and Jinora's budding romance, training of the new airbenders, learned of the death of an important character from the old show...

I guess that's fucking nothing.
>>
>>63769783
Apparently.

>>63769805
Don't listen to him, he's just an idiot

The plot's centered around the aftermath of Korra's decisions in the Harmonic Convergence, specifically the return of the airbending and the resultant escape of a really fucking dangerous and knowledgeable criminals. They're being built up in the background while the efforts to rebuild the Air Nomads take center stage, which has gone from finding them to freeing them to training them. Also Mako/Bolin's, Lin's/her family's and some more of Tenzin and his family's issues all play out in surprisingly interesting and well executed ways.

I'm actually pretty impressed so far. I dropped Season 2 after Wan, but I'm back on board with this season now. Except for the first episode, Korra's been relegated mostly to the background, which I think has actually made a huge difference. She's still one of the weakest parts of her own show, so it's nice to have the rest of the cast fill in so nicely.
>>
>>63770119
Most of that is just shipping and teen angst.
>>
>>63769890
Anon, are we watching the same thing? The last two episodes were some of the best in the show so far. If you think "nothing" happened you either need to rewatch or reevaluate what you think "things happening" means.
>>
>>63770200
>Episode 6: muh Toph, perfect waifu
>Episode 7: Jinora a mary sue

wow, such happenings
>>
>>63770119
>She's still one of the weakest parts of her own show

I fully disagree, but I agree, Mako and Bolin and Lin getting development has been great. I no longer hate Mako, and while Bolin hasn't been useful or anything, he seems more likeable and developed this time around. I especially liked the little scene between Bumi and Tenzin at the end of Ep. 7.
>>
>>63770305

Wow, what a halfassed shitpost.
At least try to make it seem like you watched it or at least read a summary.
>>
>>63770192
You're a fucking idiot.

I'm sorry, but there's really no other way to put it. That's wrong.

There are two romantic sub-plots, both of which have have some character development and are nicely tied into the plot without being obtrusive. They're even brand new characters with smooth and logical introductions, and story reasons to exist outside of being shipped.

I don't even fucking know where you're getting teen angst from. The only one with angst so far is Lin, and she's not a teen. Jinora wanting her tattoos, maybe, but no-one made a particularly big deal out of it and it was resolved in an episode. Barely qualifies.

Look, I hate the shitty parts of LoK as much as the next guy, but this season is legitimately good so far, if still rough around the edges. Don't let previous disappointment wreck what good there is to pull out of this thing.
>>
>>63770557

He's not an idiot, he's shitposting. You're giving him more attention he deserves.
>>
>>63770557
>both of which have have some character development
What character is developing Bolin? besides girl likes him because reasons?

Lin is not a teen but she is surely acting like one.
>>
>>63769609
they're still on their way to the fireworks factory just give it time
>>
>>63770305
Toph was one of the few things I didn't like about that episode, actually, although really my only reason is she doesn't at all line up with her previous portrayal. It makes sense, even, I can see the character going that route, it just threw me off. If I hadn't seen the original I probably would have barely noticed her.
>>
File: TheSauceIsApostle.jpg (68 KB, 684x431) Image search: [Google]
TheSauceIsApostle.jpg
68 KB, 684x431
>>63764424

Tenzin said that was optional, so maybe Jinora will grow back her normal hair after getting the tattoos.

>>63764592

>Jinora jobbing

Like father, like daughter.

>>63767334

I'm really surprised I did. I didn't really like him in season 1 or 2. Thank goodness they dropped the fartbending. I hope the gook that thought that was a good idea dies painfully.

>>63769251

>Jinora new Avatar

Who would her team be?
Even though it doesn't make that much sense, I think Jinora, Lin, Varrick (w/ iron man suit), and Eska would be a cool team.

Jinora's the brainiac, Varrick's the idea guy, Lin's the muscle, and Eska is the delicious brown.
>>
>>63770617
Bolin's learning to be more upfront about he wants and to not be 'weird' about it (awkwardly hitting on Opal, trying to bend metal when nobody's around).
>>
>>63769251

I'm still upset that Vatu didn't possess Jinora. It would have worked quite well.

Unalaq wants to fuse with Vatu, only to be rejected because of Jinora has a superior connection that makes her a more suitable vessel
>>
>>63770641

Meelo has always been alright except when fartbending.

And god damn the little shit kicks ass. In Book 1 he also kicked equalist ass without fartbending.
>>
>>63764202
Being a thief seems like it has a lot of useful skills, perfect for an airbender.
>>
She is literally Aang if he wasn't the avatar.
>>
>>63770845
She's less goofy than Aang was.
>>
>>63764395
Soccer moms care way less about this stuff than this board thinks they do. Especially now compared to 15 years ago, since Gen Xers don't want to be like their uptight Baby Boomer parents.
>>
>>63770845

Jinora seems a little too bookworm-y and serious for that. Ikki seems to be more Aang-ish.
>>
>>63770877
The thing is, they taught a lot of the history through word of mouth before the fire nation fucked everything up, Jinora had to get all her information from books about air society.
>>
>>63770716
i think the little bastard is gonna end up starting a ruthless airbender army or a mafia.

he's a tad bit blood thirsty.
its funny
>>
>>63762898
I just saw E3 Episode 7 and while she is skilled, she isn't that powerful nor could she sense an attack. I'm not familiar with female airbenders, but do they shave their heads too? Bald airbending men could sense an oncoming attack with a clean shaven head, but what about women?
>>
>>63770955
Someone should draw an older Meelo standing above a mountain of skulls with grin on his face.
>>
>>63766981
He definitely seems to have a different style than the rest of the air benders. He throws a lot more of his body weight around it seems. Personally I like it.
>>
>>63770617
Opal decided to begin living for herself and doing what makes her happy instead of constantly worrying about her mother, a realization which Lin helped her reach after she herself came to terms with her feelings/anger toward her sister and mother, reconciled with/forgave them for their past wrongs, and entered back into her sister's life.

Although it was mostly retroactive, we saw/heard of how Lin's sister when from shithead Toph 2.0 to the matriarch is today.

Jinora's beginning to mature and chafe at her father's restrictions, and seek more freedom and responsibility (dating Kai, breaking rules, wanting her tattoos).

Like >>63770655 said, Bolin's beginning to learn that he doesn't need to keep a goofy facade up at all times and it's ok/beneficial to let his real self/desires show more

Tenzin realized that he's a crappy teacher and needs to pay more attention to his student's needs

Bumi realized he's a crappy lazy student and that what Tenzin is trying to teach him is worthwhile and has value, not to mention the whole can be/quit being/return to being an airbender, which I hope gets explored more because Bumi's awfully one-dimensional and this is a really interesting direction for him.

Kai is maybe? learning to be less of a little shit, there's not been of much of that yet

Korra is (wrongly) learning to have more faith in her abilities and decisions as an Avatar to bring about change, maybe, not too sure about that

That's all that comes to mind, there's undoubtedly more I'm not seeing/thinking of
>>
eh I don't think she is. she's always been built up as a studious prodigy, it just so happens that she has a greater spiritual potential than even her father. i feel like the show is calling her a master a little too soon, but it's not that big a deal.

kai, on the other hand, is a complete sue. he's had about as much training as the other recruits (all of who were kidnapped by the Earth Queen) yet he seems to be able to beat everyone in combat already with very little build-up behind it. if the show is overpowering anyone it's him.
>>
>is she overpowered?
>has been captured and reduced to helpless damsel in distress twice already
>>
>>63771082
went from shithead-Toph 2.0*

I actually really enjoyed how well and how much of the Metal Clan they managed to set up in such a short time, one of the highlights of the show so far
>>
File: TenzinsBurgers.png (450 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
TenzinsBurgers.png
450 KB, 1000x750
>>63770955

In Aang's time, the Air Nomad culture seemed pretty uniform. Water benders have foggy swamp tribe, Northern Water Tribe, and Southern Watertribe. Earth Kingdom have their various minor kings, Sandbenders, Kyoshi Island warriors, etc. Even Fire Nation had those Aztec looking firebenders.

But with the air nomads, I got the impression that whether you go to North, South, East, or West temple, the people there would generally be the same.

Tenzin did his best to make the air acolytes a carbon copy of Aang's culture, but it could be interesting to see Tenzin's kids each run in their own different direction for how to be air acolytes, and have their followers reflect their beliefs too.
>>
>>63771153

it's a shame we haven't seen her tearing shit up,
>>
>>63771107
>i feel like the show is calling her a master a little too soon
I agree with this. Does she even know all of the 36 techniques proficiently?
>>
She used to be but they're nerfing her by making her a cunt.
>>
>>63771185
Meelo is more like Louis
>>
>>63764717
>>63767107
Or he's posting from his phone and it autocorrected to Mine.
>>
>>63771190

She probably does, which is why she wants her tattoos. She didn't invent anything but if she's eligible by Tenzin's admission, then she's technically a master.
>>
>>63771107
Aang got the master's tattoo at age 12, Jinora is at the age where it is expected. Kai lived his life as a rouge thief, his fighting style (quick, avoidant, good balance and coordination) suits airbending compared to the others who have no combat experience or are unbalanced.
>>
>>63771189
Kai's gonna tear that ass up tho
>>
File: tumblr_mwjut8qNRc1qlvqs7o1_1280.jpg (541 KB, 612x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwjut8qNRc1qlvqs7o1_1280.jpg
541 KB, 612x960
>>63771219

Kai is corrupting her, trying to turn her into a little shit like him.
>>
File: 1402584418311.jpg (80 KB, 429x436) Image search: [Google]
1402584418311.jpg
80 KB, 429x436
>>63769999
>learned of the death of an important character from the old show
>>
>>63771107
see
>>63767808

Nobody's calling her a master except her and the kid trying to get into her pants

>Kai
>overpowered

They've shown him to be the most talented new recruit a few times, but so far his notable exploits in combat have involved taking down a guy who was distracted with a hostage and beating up a poacher who was trying to surrender

Also suckerpunching Mako on a train, if you want to count that

He nearly got killed by a fucking Bison, for crying out loud, and he's a bit of a shithead of a kid besides. Why is everyone so eager to call Sue these days?
>>
File: JinoraCute.jpg (93 KB, 604x1321) Image search: [Google]
JinoraCute.jpg
93 KB, 604x1321
>>63771320

I think the tattoos is more of a thing for adults, and Aang got his early because he was an air nomad Avatar and thus naturally good at airbending.
>>
>>63771219
they are nerfing her so Kai can keep saving her
>>
She wants tattoos and piercings like a good little slut
>>
>>63771400
Aang got this because he invented a new airbending technique.

So I'm gonna guess Jinora is gonna invent a new one too.
>>
>>63771435
Would fucking cream that so hard
>>
>>63771443
didn't she invent astral projection?
>>
>>63771082
>Korra is (wrongly) learning to have more faith in her abilities and decisions as an Avatar to bring about change, maybe, not too sure about that
No kidding. Hey Tenzin, how wise do you think Korra is now?
>>
>>63771425

But Jinora saved him more times this episode, and then when he tried to save her he was getting rekt by the poacher.
>>
>>63771400
Tenzin doesnt want to tattoo his own daughter.
>>
>>63771443
She doesn't have to invent shit, she already hyper spiritual and can essentially transform into the wind via astral projection.
>>
>>63770845
Aang can run so fast he creates tornadoes, blow on the ground to create massive instant dust clouds for escape, fly like a helicopter carrying a person heavier than him using his feet all by only twirling a stick, and ice breath so cold it instantly freezes metal.

Jinora needs her non-master boyfriend to save her and has a bullshit Astral Projection power that Zaheer already taught himself.
>>
>>63771455

Her advise was perfectly sound, it's not her fault he decided to take Bumi's advice to the letter and ignore Jinora's protests.
>>
>>63771400
Being an avatar doesn't make you naturally better with your element. I mean Korra wasn't naturally good with water, in fact she was better with fire at a young age,
>>
>>63771453
No I'm pretty sure Aang did that too in ATLA.

And I don't think projection is limited to airbenders, you'd just find more people who can do it among them.
>>
File: JinoraOperationRepopulation.jpg (49 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
JinoraOperationRepopulation.jpg
49 KB, 525x481
>>63771450
>>
>>63771493
>Aang can run so fast he creates tornadoes
Only used once.
>blow on the ground to create massive instant dust clouds for escape
This isn't fucking advanced.
>fly like a helicopter carrying a person heavier than him using his feet all by only twirling a stick
She can do that.
>and ice breath so cold it instantly freezes metal.
Only used once.
>>
>>63771509
Yeah but it follows their philosophy of letting go all earthly attachments
>>
>>63771519
Kai does
>>
>>63769999
>learned of the death of an important character from the old show
wait, who? I may have missed that from not paying attention because the rest was so boring
>>
>>63770306
>I especially liked the little scene between Bumi and Tenzin at the end of Ep. 7.
That was good but for the most part Tenzin and Bumi seem like immature manchildren. I can't point exactly what it is. I think the Lin/Suyin conflict could've been done a little better but those two, despite their flaws, still act and seem like adults to me. Tenzin and Bumi don't.
>>
>>63771538

Bosco.
>>
>>63771352
It's odd how different she is this season. She was supposed to be the meek, understanding type which fits the whole spiritual thing she has. You'd think she wouldn't lash out over tats and sulk over it.
>>
>>63771531
Airbenders probably invented it but there's nothing stopping someone else from letting go of their earthly attachments. I wouldn't be surprised if Korra learns how to do it at one point.
>>
>>63771574
She's gotta be almost 12 at this point and Kai obviously inspired her to be less meek. Jinora's growing up.
>>
>>63771572
oh lel

yeah that got me just a shrug
>>
>>63771185
>But with the air nomads, I got the impression that whether you go to North, South, East, or West temple, the people there would generally be the same.
What about those Indian Gurus? They're Air Nomads aren't they?
>>
>>63766981
I'm still proposing that Aang made Zaheer an Air Bender and took it back. It would be dumb if Aang only used spirit bending once.
>>
>>63771659
>It would be dumb if Aang only used spirit bending once.
He used it twice that we know of.
>>
>>63771628
Behaving out of personality entirely != growing up.
>>
>>63771600
>I wouldn't be surprised if Korra learns how to do it at one point.
SHE
ALREADY
DID

fucking hell did the trauma of how bad season 2 was erase the final episodes from your brain? remember, inside the tree?
>>
>>63771681

We call that "puberty".
>>
>>63771658

That was just one guy. He said he wasn't an airbender, but he was a friend to them. He was more or less an air acolyte before air acolytes were a thing.
>>
>>63771659
He used it on Ozai and Amon's dad, I wouldn't be surprised if he did give like a really devout acolyte airbending in the hopes that he could restart the nation that way but became dismayed when he started fucking shit up as an airbender.

Then again, I'm a little tired of every other villain being created through spiritbending.
>>
>>63771681
>Behaving out of personality entirely
She wasn't, though. If she said something like screw the rules, I'm gonna hijack a bison and run away with Kai, THAT would be out of character.

She didn't say, "I want my tattoos NOW" she said, "according to our rules and traditions I'm more than qualified for my tattoos". There's a difference between the two.
>>
>>63771033
Here's your answer.
>>
>>63771709
I-I mean without the tree...
>>
>>63771628
>inspired

we refer to it as "corrupted" here
>>
>>63771494
Actually you're right, Tenzin was an idiot about the whole ting. The thing that surprises me most about Tenzin is how much he lacks empathy. For a guy who's a monk and worked in politics he sure is self centered and clueless about other people's feelings and motivations.
>>
>>63771753

Would you watch a series about Avatar Jafar?
>>
>>63771772
They're gonna make lots of airbender babies and there's nothing /co/ can do about it.
>>
>>63771033

Aang got taken down by tiny nets more times than I care to count.

The jumpy mustachio'd airbender is clearly talented.
>>
>>63771793

Definitely, he looks fucking cool.
>>
>>63771600
Yeah but Korra is the Avatar she's expected to do that kind shit because she use to be the bridge between the spirits and humans.
>>
>>63771600
I wouldn't be surprised if Zaheer could do it before he got airbending.
>>
>>63771455
"Conflict resolution is what I do"

My sides were in orbit, I can't think of a single conflict she's "resolved" that didn't involve one side beating the other

>>63771545
I got a bit of that too. I think Bryke and co. just have a hard time into adult personal drama/characters, honestly

I mean, it is ostensibly a kid's show, so I can't get too upset about the level of personal drama/maturity of characters,

At least they're consistently manchildren
>>
>>63771793
Only if I couldn't get a series about Avatar Fatty.
>>
>>63771783
Probably gets it from his mom.
>>
>>63771783

Actually it makes decent sense. Tenzin truly believes in his lifestyle, so much he doesn't understand people want to eat meat and don't care for long, boring stories about guys that don't eat.
>>
>>63771753
not taking advantage of the opportunity of being able to commune with her past avatars is going to screw over Korra somehow in the future, as well as all future airbenders because their lineage will only date back to her and she won't even be able to pass on their knowledge (save spiritbending from aang and wan's story)
>>
>>63771783
>For a guy who's a monk and worked in politics he sure is self centered and clueless about other people's feelings and motivations.

He didn't exactly have any competition for his position in the council, since he was the only adult air bender at the time.

Probably explains why Tarlockk was about to talk circles around Tenzin and always get the other councilmen to support what he wanted instead of what Tenzin wanted.
>>
>>63771753
RIP in peace, Avatar Fatty... You're with Bosco now, in a better place
>>
>>63771822
>I can't think of a single conflict she's "resolved" that didn't involve one side beating the other

Still counts.
>>
>>63771860
The Earth Queen's sewers?
>>
>>63771732
>I'm a little tired of every other villain being created through spiritbending.
I'm actually convinced they had Korra break her ties from all her past lives so they could get rid of spirit bending. Aang was the only one who actually knew it.
>>
>>63771839

She couldn't take advantage, Aang broke the string telephone.
>>
>>63771712
Guru Lahima was an airbender though and Kya said that there were so many she can't remember them all.

So far there's Guru Pathik, Lahima, and the guy Tenzin was talking about who fasted for 97 days.
>>
>>63771839
They can walk over to the spirit world to ask them now. Unless it gets explained eventually that the past avatars didn't simply lose their connection but ceased to exist.
>>
>>63771826
>Avatar Fatty
Have some respect anon he's a professional cake and pastries bender.
>>
>>63771793
>>63771753
if that's jafar, who's the earthbender next to him?

looks like an old Gimli to me
>>
>>63771352

>tfw you can't jump into the 2D world and save Jinora's purity
>>
>>63771839
The Rift kind of hinted at some way of at least getting in contact with your past life if the connection is botched but I don't know if it would work now since Raava was reborn.
>>
File: jinora1.png (182 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
jinora1.png
182 KB, 333x250
>meets a boy and instantly wants to cover herself in tats and piercings

She'll make a good little Tumblrslut
>>
>>63771659
>>63771732
Since when could spirit bending give people bending? And if Zaheer had airbending at one point we probably would've known by now.. He didn't say he got his airbending back, he said he got it from Harmonic Convergence.

I don't see any reason to believe Zaheer could airbed at any time before Harmonic Convergence
>>
>>63771934

It's Avatar Dáin, Ironfoot.
>>
>>63771923
Maybe their spirits unattached from Raava got reincarnated
>>
>>63771822
She still resolved those conflicts. Even if she did make things a million times worse the moment she decided to help.
>>
>>63771986
Aang was able to use it to give Korra her bending back. Thing is we don't know if it can give a non-bender (like Asami for example) bending.

My stance has always been it can't give what was never there but I don't know.
>>
>>63771867
She's always been much, much better at starting fights than ending them
>>
>>63771973
Man Tatoos are like a Airbenders bar mitzvah don't drag their culture through the mud like that.
>>
>>63771987
Why was he called Iron Foot?
>>
>>63771987
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN, LOOOORD OF THE HILLS!
>>
>>63772021

We do know. The turtles did it.
>>
File: le tumblr girl.jpg (108 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
le tumblr girl.jpg
108 KB, 500x491
Jinora by the end of this season

Piercings on her clit and tats on her eyebrows will be included
>>
>>63772021
I just figured since lion turtles used it to give the first humans bending and take it away, practitioners of spiritbending could do the same.
>>
>>63771986
>Since when could spirit bending give people bending
Since Lion Turtles gave it to people so they could fend themselves against angry spirits.
>>
Ladies and Gentleman, how do we kill Kai?
>>
>>63771796

M-maybe Kai will be likeable by then, r-right?

>>63771806

To be fair, they're nets and they're tiny. Aang's lucky he didn't wind up rotting like a papaya.

>>63771545
>>63771822

It's because they're brothers. If you've ever had to put up with family drama, even a grandpa/ma can act like a big baby when dealing with their family members.

If Bumi was just another random air guy like the rest of the new recruits, they'd have interacted differently.

>>63771920
>Kya said that there were so many she can't remember them all.
>Kya

If there were only 5, Kya probably still wouldn't have given enough of a fuck to remember them all.

>>63771940

It's a bad feel.

>>63772082

You find a tree, I'll find the rope.
>>
>>63772082
Surrounded by his wife, Jinora, and their many children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren after he's had a long, good life, peacefully in his bed.
>>
>>63772082
I like Kai
>>
>>63771741
Not in the way she said it (lashing out publicly). Meek people take a long time to gain that confidence.
>>
>>63772082
If only that one preview does indeed show him falling to his death. Too bad I doubt that.
>>
>Lin and Suyin
>Tenzin Bumi and Kya
Bolin and Mako confirmed for most adult relationship between siblings in TLOK?
>>
>>63772006
Doubt it. They're probably just chilling with Iroh.
>>
>>63772113
I wouldn't have even described Jinora as meek. More like reserved.
>>
>>63771838
See, I could understand if Aang thought because he grew up with airbenders that but Tenzin has two siblings and a parent who don't live as Air Nomads and he was a politician in Republic City. You would think he would have enough experience with different people to see that not everyone sees the good in the Air Nomad lifestyle.

Hell, he's ex-girlfriend and Korra(initially at least) are good examples of that. After that how can he be surprised when other people aren't as excited about it as he is?

>>63771853
Even if he wasn't the best councilmen the fact that his decisions affected other people should've had forced him to try and think about things from a different perspective.
>>
>>63772162
Then could Korra could just find them and re-add them back to the avatar state.
>>
>>63772006
why would they

without raava the avatar is no more or less human than anyone else, since she was the vessel for their spirits after they passed from this world, and she was destroyed, their spirits all died too.

THE PAST AVATARS ARE DEAD

DEAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>63772151
only because they didn't have parents to fuck up their brotherly bond.
>>
>implying Kai wont turn evil
>implying Jinora wont be forced to kill him her self.
>>
>>63772255
lin and suyin didn't really have parents either, that didn't turn out great
>>
>>63772246
>without raava the avatar is no more or less human than anyone else
Then how was Korra able to turn into mega korra?

Clearly there's more to the avatar than just Raava.
>>
What will little Jinora's tramp stamp look like? You know she wants one, to get back at daddy and make Kai happy.
>>
>>63771822
>My sides were in orbit, I can't think of a single conflict she's "resolved" that didn't involve one side beating the other
She couldn't even mediate the conflict that was happening right in front of her. Also, did that line bother anyone else? It was just so...obvious. I get that its a kids show but does it have to
be spelled out that clearly?

>I got a bit of that too. I think Bryke and co. just have a hard time into adult personal drama/characters, honestly
>I mean, it is ostensibly a kid's show, so I can't get too upset about the level of personal drama/maturity of characters,
>At least they're consistently manchildren
Idk, I thought they did a good job with Lin and Suyin. It wasn't perfect but they acted like adults. Flawed adults clearly but still as adults.
>>
>>63772316

Regular air nomad tattoos. One pointing to her ass, the other pointing to her pussy.
>>
>>63772291
Anyone could have used the tree and gone mega. It was all about tapping into your own personal power. Korra just got to do it because she's the main character.
>>
>>63772112

Kai's a faggot
>>
>>63772246
But Raava not dead. She got separated then Korra absorbed her like Wan did.
>>
>>63772096
>It's because they're brothers. If you've ever had to put up with family drama, even a grandpa/ma can act like a big baby when dealing with their family members.
>If Bumi was just another random air guy like the rest of the new recruits, they'd have interacted differently.

But like I said beofre, the Lin/Suyin conflict was handled much better and neither looked like manchildren. Lin came off as too bitter and I think Suyin is a haughty slef centered diva but I could see people they're age acting like. I have a harder time imagining adults acting like Tenzin and Bumi, especially given the former is a monk and a person of influence in his city and the latter was an Admiral.

>If there were only 5, Kya probably still wouldn't have given enough of a fuck to remember them all.

That's true but clearly there is more than one. Plus Lahima lived 4000 years ago so the gurus have likely bee around for a long time. I think they're not unlike the avatar in that they're particularly rare individuals but across 4000 years there's got to be a few dozen of them at least.
>>
>>63772426
You're just mad that your waifu is getting pounded by a common thief.
>>
>>63772429
raava died and was reborn inside vaatu bro
>>
>>63772429
Someone came up with a good metaphor to describe the situation with Raava and the past lives. Something about Raava being a chatroom.
>>
>>63772350
I don't know about that anon. Even re joining with Raava wasn't the same as it was with Wan.

I think her connection was still there and that's what allowed her to become Mega Korra.
>>
>>63772461
Hey nigga the first Avatar was a common their in the beginning.
>>
god i hate King of Omashu bumi

this dude was suppose to be really strong but you rarely see him kick ass

JLU amazo all over again
>>
>>63772021
>My stance has always been it can't give what was never there but I don't know.
That's what I figured

>>63772079
I forgot that they used spirit bending. I still don't think Zaheer was given airbending. Lin didn't say Zaheer got his bending back, she just said he's now and airbender. Zuko said something similar.
>>
>>63772511
I distinctly remember the scene being about how Korra had a power and strength all her own that had nothing to do with her being the Avatar.

> Even re joining with Raava wasn't the same as it was with Wan
Raava and Wan joined in the heat of battle, Raava and Korra joined after the big fight and it was essentially the same thing, just with the latter they were more poetic about it.
>>
>>63772151
>Implying Eska and Desna don't have the best sibling relationship
>>
>>63772524
Yeah but he was a noble common theif trying to help out his friend who thought it was a good idea to stick his dick in a tree spirit.
>>
>>63772606
what relationship? they have a similar sense of humor but other than that they act like they don't really care whether the other exists or does anything.
>>
>>63772591
I guess you can say Korra is pretty legendary.
>>
File: 1397859049711.jpg (28 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1397859049711.jpg
28 KB, 375x375
>>63772677
>>
>>63772316
>What will little Jinora's tramp stamp look like?
A blue arrow. Disappointed?
>>
>>63772677
caaaaarloooosss!
>>
File: Futurama Laugh.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
Futurama Laugh.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>63766188
>Tenzin or his kids a boost.
>Tenzin
>being useful

Pffffffft!
>>
>>63772647
Well maybe Kai will be noble and stick his dick in that panda spirit.
>>
>>63772350
I always thought her giant blue self was so powerful because her soul had gone through so many reincarnations and lifetimes where she was connected to Raava eventually made her soul just as powerful
>>
>>63772316
drawfags assemble

pics of Jinora getting tattoo go.
>>
>>63772830
I always thought it was a giant asspull that would never get a clear explanation.
>>
>>63772830
>>63772865
It's been awhile since I saw those eps but I'm pretty sure Tenzin explains what the purpose of the tree is.

How/why Korra manifests her spiritual energy as a giant blue version of herself, I have no idea, but it's pretty in-character for Korra.
>>
>>63772671
They're at least there for each other. Remember when Desna got injured towards the end of Book 2 and Eska was right there by his side?

I think one of the main problems I have with Bolin Mako is that we were told Mako was protective of Bolin but never really saw it. However, I did like that he tried to push Bolin towards Opal. Regardless of how that relationship turns out it was a bro move to tell him to try and settle down with a nice girl.
>>
>>63772932
ME KORRA

SPIRIT STRONG

BIG GOOD

BAD GUY SMASH
>>
>>63772932
>I have no idea, but it's pretty in-character for Korra.
In character in that Korra always has an asspull. Honestly I try and forget those episodes ever happened. Maybe I'm overreacting but I remember just flat out hating the S2 finale aside from "Zhu Lee, do the thing"
>>
>>63772976
>nice girl
>from the evil rapture-esque city of thieves and scoundrels
opal will turn, mark my words
>>
>>63772985
You think Korra gives good snoo snoo
>>
File: opal.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
opal.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>63773030
anon how could you hate this face?

look at this adorable little faaaaace.
>>
>>63772976
Bolin wasn't even interested in starting anything or even aware until Mako told him.

Mako is a catalyst for romance shit.

Also despite being so protective of Bolin, Mako brushes off Eska's treatment of Bolin.
>>
>>63771753
So what the fuck was Kyoshi's deal? We know she lived absurdly long but all the avatars look like they did when they died, not like they did in their prime.

So even when she was over 200 years old she still looked like that?
>>
>>63773091
ME KORRA

FUCKING STRONG

BIG GOOD

DICK SMASH
>>
>>63773110

Thanks because Mako knew Eska was a delicious brown princess. No one would pass that up.
>>
>>63773110
Mako was focused on dealing with this >>63773148
He had no time to deal with Bolin's shit
>>
>>63773139
its the makeup
>>
>>63773139
Most of those Avatars don't look old. They're probably in the form they're most comfortable and associate with their sense of self.
>>
>>63773030
I seriously doubt it. If any of the airbenders is going to turn its going to be that little shit Kai. Opal is too pure. Opal will likely become more assertive but I doubt she'll turn, she doesn't really have any reason to at this point and we've seen that she doesn't like conflict. Kai has been shown to be more violent and we know he's easily tempted by material gain.

>>63773108
If Bolin doesn't screw this up and actually ends up with a qt Airfu it'll almost be worth it to sit through the relationshit.

>>63773110
>Bolin wasn't even interested in starting anything or even aware until Mako told him.
Exactly, Mako showed that he wants his brother to actually have a stable relationship with someone who isn't crazy or shallow.

>Mako is a catalyst for romance shit.
True

>Also despite being so protective of Bolin, Mako brushes off Eska's treatment of Bolin.
See that's what I was talking about. We're told he's protective of Bolin but we rarely, if ever, saw it. Wasn't he more upset when Korra went missing than when Bolin went missing in S2? Serious question here, its been a while.

Either way he basically told Bolin to fuck off in S2 and he did a terrible job of protecting him in S1. Maybe know since he lost both Asami and Korra he'll actually give a shit about his own brother.
>>
>>63771753
are they in the right order?
>>
>>63773480

The first three rows are, including Aang.
>>
>>63773574
yeah but then the 4th row has 2 airbenders with only 2 people between them
>>
>>63773434
Mako flipped his shit like a light switch and immediately dropped everyone and everything else in his life (including his karmic past lives) once he heard that Korra went missing.

He took Bolin's disappearance in Book 1 like it was Sunday in the park and Bolin's relationshit in Book 2 with similar stride.

Mako, Bolin, and Asami are just there because Aang had a group of people close to his age around him.
>>
>>63773756
>Mako flipped his shit like a light switch and immediately dropped everyone and everything else in his life (including his karmic past lives) once he heard that Korra went missing.
>He took Bolin's disappearance in Book 1 like it was Sunday in the park and Bolin's relationshit in Book 2 with similar stride.
That's how I remembered it. Fuck S1 Mako.

>Mako, Bolin, and Asami are just there because Aang had a group of people close to his age around him.
True. I know the relationshit has been more miss than hit so far but I'm cautiously optimistic that Opal injects new life into team Avatar.
>>
>>63773756
Mako is a pretty shitty brother come to think of it
>>
>>63773953
At this point the best way to redeem Mako is to make him a better older brother to Bolin.
>>
>>63774051
Nah it's not too far off from how my siblings would have acted if I had gotten in similar situations.
>>
>>63773864
In Mako's defense the situations were pretty different.
Bollin's kidnapping wasn't even assumed a kidnapping until it became obvious. Whereas Korra was in the middle of this huge thing.
The first is "my fuck up brother is gone for the night after saying he's off to run some dumb scheme. He's probably in no real danger just being stupid somewhere" whereas the second is "VIP (who I also want to fuck) goes missing after antagonizing brutally effective enemy with an MO for kidnapping people they don't like".
Not that Mako isn't a bad brother for not being more attentive or worried but one situation had much more obvious stakes.
>>
Honestly, Opal's giving me huge suffering flags.
>>
>>63775607
either she is going to die or someone close to her is, she's just too cheerful for it not to happen
>>
>>63775702

She's too pure for this show not to take a massive shit on her
>>
>>63775776
the question is how, because they can only get away with so much in a Y-7 show
>>
Everyone is overpowered. They shoot lightening and metal and shit.
>>
I just hope the exbendables stay through out this season and the next too.

Not only Zaheer but the four
>>
>>63775898
>doesn't understand balance
>can't even express themself eloquently
we got a regular avatar Korra over here folks
>>
>>63762898
Can somebody please link me the download, I've had an incredibly shitty day that was self inflicted the moment I decided to clean the fridge
Clean your fridges regularly people, it'll be worth it.
>>
>>63776077
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/avatar-legend-korra-book-3-2014-episode-7-online

:^)
>>
>>63775607
>>63775702
She's going to join Zaheer for some reason calling it.
>>
>>63776271
dont be an ass

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10585683/The.Legend.of.Korra.S03E06.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F%5Brartv%5D
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10585938/The.Legend.of.Korra.S03E07.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F%5Brartv%5D
>>
>>63775821

maybe >>63776322
>>
did anyone else catch the part where Suyin said that Tenzin broke up with Lin?

According to Lin it was her that broke up with him.
>>
>>63776347
Thank you
>>
>>63772261
>Kai: I hate you!
>Jinora: You were my first love kai..I loved you

But ya someone is turning evil this season out of Kai, Opal, or Jinora
>>
>>63771741
Has Jinora invented a new technique yet? You got to do that to get your tats.
>>
File: JinoraVattu.jpg (82 KB, 444x735) Image search: [Google]
JinoraVattu.jpg
82 KB, 444x735
>>63776608

Would it have been good if we had a possessed evil Jinora in season 2?
>>
>>63770641
>reverse image search
>no fucking results

alas
>>
File: the sauce is apostle.jpg (101 KB, 1168x435) Image search: [Google]
the sauce is apostle.jpg
101 KB, 1168x435
>>63776887

Read the file name.
>>
>>63777317
>>63770641
Does Apostle have any place that he uploads to anymore?
>>
File: JinormousSlut.png (433 KB, 446x733) Image search: [Google]
JinormousSlut.png
433 KB, 446x733
>>63777390

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jinora+Apostle

I'd link to it directly, but his website sets off the spam filter.
>>
>>63773108
Opal is a shit. And I'm glad Lin made her cry.
>>
>>63771753
>Not a single decent mustache
>Asians
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.