[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bear with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: joss-whedon__120808043648.jpg (135 KB, 1878x3000) Image search: [Google]
joss-whedon__120808043648.jpg
135 KB, 1878x3000
What if. Just WHAT IF.

After the critical response for BvS and possibly similar results for upcoming DC movies, the Warner execs just go "Fuck it, lets hire the guy who worked for Marvel" and they get Whedon to direct the Justice League? A hail mary, wild card play.

Obviously WB would make sure Whedon doesn't over overstep it with the quips and the whedon dialogue, but how does it sound?

Say what you want about the guy, but he knew how to handle a bunch of divas at once....even if it just worked the one time
>>
>>81014587
He quit because he didn't like the huge pressure. He'd been basically doing the job for five years shepherding both projects to completion, you can't really blame him for wanting to step off.

Also I think you're underestimating the public here. They know a cash-in when they see one; it'll keep them away. If they think you're making a formulaic copy - right down to the same director - they'll stay away.

Face it, he had his chance to do Wonder Woman and they said no. There's plenty of other directors out there. If you'd told me in 2007 that by the end of the following year there would be a billion dollar Batman movie, much less one helmed by Christopher Nolan, I'd have laughed in your face. Probably spat a little, smacked you to the ground too. You know what you did.
>>
Whedon's not terrible, /tv/ is just full of man-children.

I can easily overlook Age of Ultron given Marvel's past at micromanaging their films and his track record with several shows.

But no, they're going to double down on the strategy they already have. Nobody gives a shit about bad reviews: people want the Bats, they're gonna get the Bats. Just like AoU doesn't mean shit for the Civil War hype.
>>
>>81014636
>Whedon's not terrible
get some taste jesus
>>
>>81014636
They really can't just make Batman the center of their universe, that shit gets tiring. Look at RDJ in the MCU. Some people are dying to see him get his ass kicked.
>>
File: 1455729122154.jpg (93 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1455729122154.jpg
93 KB, 960x720
>>81014587
>things are so bad it got to a point where we're ok with Whedon now
Well then
>>
>>81014587
Hes an untalented hack. Firefly was retarded, boring, unoriginal bullshit. Buffy is similarly overrated. He fucked up the aloen franchise, and killed the NCU with the shitfest if mediocrity and botedom that was AOE. I hope he gets gangeraped by a pack of ghetto apes, and dies horribly and screaming of cancer.
>>
>>81014630
>He quit because he didn't like the huge pressure.
I thought he quit because tumblrites turned on him.
>>
>>81014667
Seasons 2-5 of Buffy are amazing.
>>
Just give it to Miller
>>
>>81015289
>Buffy
>ever good
That show was complete trash.
>>
File: 1457465260664.png (725 KB, 978x683) Image search: [Google]
1457465260664.png
725 KB, 978x683
>>81014587
>The bargaining stage

Get over your grief /co/ it's pathetic.
>>
>>81014587
Whedon is done with superhero assemble films. It's why he declined to direct Avengers 3.
>>
>>81015265
>I thought he quit because tumblrites turned on him.

No he quit TWITTER because of that.
>>
It worked one time?

He directed something other than the Avengers?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.