[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK /co/ how would you make the DCEU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: justice league concept.png (706 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
justice league concept.png
706 KB, 715x715
OK /co/ how would you make the DCEU?
>>
Bring in Edgar Wright to direct a new quadrilogy for each of the Trinity + a JL movie.

Get Speed Weed in as screenwriter.

Cast Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell as their CW counterparts. Arrow shows up in Gotham; Flash in Metropolis. WW needs all the screentime she can get so she gets an Aquaman cameo.
>>
File: 2844_400x600.jpg (84 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
2844_400x600.jpg
84 KB, 400x600
a retro Justice League would be neat
>>
First film is Superman v Braniac. Second is GL. Abin Sur came to earth to stop brainy, failed, Hal gets his ring an immediately gets sent to Oa, asks to get, the guardians tell him Earth was saved by Superman. There that's all the connection a film needs
Third film is Flash. I give him the show origin, he's "Crated" by Thawne who infiltrated STAR labs because they have the salvaged Brainiac tech that he uses to power the particle accelerator. Fourth movie is Batman. He has had little Easter eggs in the first three films. Satellite, Ferris air joint owned by Wayne enterprises, Newspaper in Barrys Lab showing shot of thugs apprehended by a "Bat-man" all the connection it needs.
Fifth is Wonder Woman. She doesn't go to mans world but the story is about how the old gods are dying and running in fear of "The New gods". Diana learns of Darkseid desire to conquer Earth and the movie ends with her leaving to warn the world of whats coming
Brings us to Justice League. Just make a less shit adaptation of War without everybody being a fucking jerk.

All connected. All get to be their own movie with their own stories.

Fuck Aquaman just have the big 5
>>
>>81012895
A superman movie about superman
A batman movie about batman
A flash movie about flash
A wonder woman movie about wonder woman
A green lantern movie about green lantern
An aquaman movie about aquaman
A cyborg movie about cyborg
Then maybe a justice league movie about the justice league
>>
First movie is good.
Second movie is even better.
Then after a lot of fighting!
>>
By adding some color
>>
>>81012895
Comic writers have to write it, no exceptions

Costumes look exactly like the comics

No filters

No pretentiousness

No toning down elements for realism

Someone who sounds like John Williams instead of Zimmer for the soundtracks
>>
>>81013485

>Comic writers have to write it, no exceptions

Alright we have Meredith Finch, Loeb and strangely Bendis here to write our cinematic universe. Absolutely nothing can go wrong
>>
Adapt The New Frontier.
>>
>>81013561
Bendis?
>>
Make a Squadron Supreme movie by Marvel.
>>
>>81013485
>>81013373

I'll you what would be good to see in 3D. Mt Mxy fifth dimension. Just parts of the screen slowly appearing to move forward while reality shatters. So much can be done with these movies that never will
>>
>>81013577

Yes. Batman and Superman can be awesome Martha son bros
>>
>>81013485
>Comic writers have to write it

You have no idea who Goyer is, do you? Or Yost?

Fuck comic writers writing movies.
>>
File: i need a fixin.jpg (93 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
i need a fixin.jpg
93 KB, 576x384
>>81013603
>Martha Wayne
>Martha Kent

WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T I EVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE
>>
>>81012895
I don't know but there would be a Justice League Dark movie in there somewhere.
>>
>>81013729
Maybe a consultant creative committee like Marvel did? I mean, it has worked so far. The other option is find directors who actually like the source, are willing to unironically read it and study and respect it.
>>
>>81012967
>CW involved in any way
DROPPED.
>>
>>81013838
It obviously wasn't working for Marvel if Feige was doing all he could to get out of it.
>>
Maybe make all the movies actually fit their characters instead of just being Nolanverse 2.0
>>
>>81013913
We still haven't seen a movie without the committee thingie though.
>>
>>81012895
By selling DC to Disney.
>>
>>81013943
And letting Marvel Studios handle it.
>>
>>81012895
Assuming this was 3 years ago and MoS happened? Kick Snyder the fuck out. He has made 1 good movie and that was an extended cut. Go after Duncan Jones for GL, keep Ben Affleck as Batman, after the release of the Lego movie lock Lord and Miller the fuck down for Flash (move the release date of Flash, pay them in underage boys, whatever they want), keep Wan, Momoa and Miller, after Creed lock Coogler down for Cyborg. So it would look something like this.

Man of Steel 2- directed by whoever.
The Batman- directed by and starring Affleck.
Wonder Woman- directed by Jenkins (probably recast WW)
Batman and Superman: The Brave and the Bold
Suicide Squad
Flash
Green Lantern Corps
The Justice League
Aquaman
Cyborg.
>>
>>81014000
George Miller for Suicide Squad
>>
>>81012895
I would caste likeable actors who have charisma for these movies. Only way capeshit works is if you got a reddit tier memer like Marvel does in the leading role.
>>
File: burning garbage.jpg (13 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
burning garbage.jpg
13 KB, 281x179
>>81012895
>>
I'd keep Ryan Reynold's Hal canon and soft reboot it though
like make it good
have him help form the Justice League, recruiting Superman after he reveals himself to the world and Flash, etc
Make the third movie a Barry/Hal/Ollie grand movie where Hal and Barry die heroically saving the universe or some shit
Kyle/Wally takeover
introduce Superboy
Tim dips Batman so Bats can deal with the Red Hood and stupid brat son shit
make a Young Justice trilogy
and Justice league trilogy
release every summer/winter
stand alone Booster/Blue movie
stand alone Harley movie
Gotham Academy movies
Red Lantern film/Red Daughter of Krypton hijinks
dominate forever
launch Starman series on HBO
introduce JSA
JSA movie
JSA/JLA/YJ crossover

this is so easy
>>
>>81012967
Great idea anon. Then they can bring in Felicity.
>>
>>81014376
>Kyle
I'm out
>>
>>81014326

I read this as

>I would Castle likeable actors.

Which seems like a good idea.
>>
Have it told in volumes.

DC'S JUSTICE LEAGUE
VOLUME 1) THE SUPERMAN
- Clark, established as a reporter, works hard to maintain his dual identity as the mild mannered reporter and the Man of steel.
- Origin covered in a two minute flashback with Lois in their shared apartment
- Superman is a celebrated figure in Metropolis, but is starting to find the pressure a bit much. He's worried he'll make a mistake
- This is exploited by the villain of the film, Lex Luthor, who uses Red K to bring out a slowly less stable Superman. Think Spidey's black suit but less...dancy.
- Side villain is Parasite, which feeds into Clark's delusions and fears...He's fighting a man he can't touch.
- Movie ends with the public starting to doubt their man of steel.
- Cameos from Barry Allen, who appears as a forensic scientist at one of Parasite's crime scenes, examining some residue left over.

DC'S JUSTICE LEAGUE
VOLUME 2: THE FLASH
- Barry Allen is The Flash in secret. Nobody knows Flash exists. It's a solitary life, but he doesn't see the value in flaunting his abilities.
- Ever the scientist, he's more concerned about getting the job done.
- The film will involve him stepping out into the light, and slowing down enough to let people see him do what he does best.
- Overcoming his fear of being seen as a hero, because of - in part - the guy from Metropolis.
- The Reverse Flash is the villain, and similar to Barry, he's operating unseen. Barry takes this into his quick stride and determines that power like his? Should be in the eyes of the public, lest it be used for evil.
- Cameo from Hal Jordan, who's friends with Barry and knows he's Flash. No clue as to whether or not He's GL, they talk about heroism in a burger bar. Hal is more headstrong than Barry about it.

1/3
>>
>>81012895
>>81015277
2/3

DC'S JUSTICE LEAGUE
VOLUME 3: THE GREEN LANTERN
- Hal Jordan, in space, doing his thing as a Space Cop.
- The first act of the movie takes place as Hal fights an alien warlord named Mongul on a hostile planet.
- Second Act is all about Hal questioning how he can be GL while still being Hal Jordan of earth... He takes a trip back home to get his head straight.
- While there, he speaks with his close friend Barry Allen, this time in a bar. Barry reminds him that he needs something to hang on to, to remind him of his humanity. Hal agrees. He proceeds to hit on a woman from behind, it's Carol Farris. The Ex.
- Relationship drama. Blah blah.
- Hal promises he will come back to sort this all out with her.
- The guardians summon him, Mongul is attacking Oa with a legion of his men.
- Space battle.
- Cameo from Wonder Woman who see's Hal's descent from space from her island, looks up and then resumes her training.

DC'S JUSTICE LEAGUE
VOLUME 4: WONDER WOMAN
- Movie opens with Diana taking the Wonder Woman armor, and fleeing in secret to Man's World under the cover of night.
- Opening narration (in the form of a letter) is her explaining to her mother why she can no longer sit in idle paradise, she is a warrior sworn to help those in need
- She arrives in London, and it isn't long before she finds herself in a fight with a gang.
- The fight is broken up when a few cars are thrown into buildings as Wondy protects a family of five who were being targeted.
- She's apprehended, deciding last moment not to resist as a sign of solidarity with the men of law.
- Steve Trevor, Argus agent, blah blah.
- Basically the movie is Thor.
- Cameo from Bruce Wayne who's in London for the launch of a Wayne Enterprises building.

DC'S JUSTICE LEAGUE
VOLUME 5: THE BATMAN
- It's a batman movie. How hard is it?
- We already know everything there is to know.
- Cameo from Superman in to the Batcave after the battle and say's "Bruce. We need to talk"
>>
>>81015296
>>81012895
3/3

DC'S JUSTICE LEAGUE
Volume 6: First Justice
- "Bruce we need to talk."
- Clark and Bruce have known eachother for years. Clark informs Bruce of a conversation he had with Luthor, he believes Brainiac is coming to earth. He said that there's no way he can stop what's coming
>Clark consulted the fortress and confirmed that Brainiac is beyond him.
>Bruce disgruntled say's he wont help in the fight, that alien beings are the alien problem - but he will help find others to help...
>He provides Superman with contact details for Diana, and Hal - who he'd been tracking via his network of drones.
>Superman recruits both, Hal insists Flash come too - believing it to be the perfect thing to take the Flash to the next level.
>Brainiac arrives and begins to wreak chaos on Metropolis, Central City, Gotham and Coast City (among others) using his skull shaped ships.
>The movie ends with the league having fended off Brainiac's advances, Superman having defeated Brainiac himself - with Batman's help at the last moment.
> Final scene: Lex in his office talking about the "Justice League."
>on his desk....Guess fucking what? Brainiac's head.

Minor role: Oliver Queen. He conference Call's Batman, asking what's got Big Blue so tense.
Queen say's "We're just men. We don't fight god's and monsters."
"Monsters...." say's batman as he looks at a bloodied crowbar on a display case near the Bat Computer.
Ollie is seen fending off Brainiac drones in Star City later on. Bleeding from one arm.
>>
tl;dr
>>
No Grimdark Batman. Snyder just proved you can have too much of it and audiences have had anough. Thank you Snyder, though.

It's time for Hairy-chested Love God Batman.
>>
>>81014193
I'd keep Ayer. George Miller wasn't hot when MoS was released. That's why I didn't include him.
>>
>>81015345
>>81015296
>>81015277

did not like this at all tb eh, sorry bud

If I were given a movie for each hero they would all have origin story build ups. Honestly the most satisfying part of superhero movies.
>>
>>81015588
Each to their own bro. S'all good.

I figured most of us had super hero origin fatigue judging by the reaction to Spidey's third.

Plus most DC characters only have that "doomed planet, last hope, kindly couple, superman" kinda origin you can sum up in a sentence, I figure they're so iconic you can jump straight in

But that's just me.
>>
Do an American Alien movie written by Max Landis.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.