[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8
File: aa-classic_x-men08.jpg (99 KB, 400x621) Image search: [Google]
aa-classic_x-men08.jpg
99 KB, 400x621
Fav characters
Fav stories
Fav creative teams

Talk about X-Men!
>>
> Fav characters
Collosus, Cannonball, and Magik
Fav stories
Demon Bear, Brood Saga, and New Mutants Special Edetion
> Fav creative teams
Claremont with Byrne, Davis, and Sienkiewicz
>>
File: 1456628234262.jpg (293 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456628234262.jpg
293 KB, 1280x1024
FAVORITES ?

I've always loved the villians: Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, even the Sentinels.
They have something to say, they represent bad ideas and contradictory opinions as much as threats. Even Mojo was (meta) about exploitation and watering down what made a character great.
But these days the infighting is among the X-Men, and it's great! I'm so happy that everyone cares about Cyclops nowadays because when I was a kid it was all Wolverine, all the time. Bad-ass beat responsible among the fans back then.
Every character has a story and it'd be easier to name the X-Men I don't care about because I really do almost like them all. I even miss Marrow, who here even remembers her?
I don't pay that much attention to creative teams, I just enjoy a good run when it happens and count my blessings. There are some artists for whom I've bought comics just to have more of their art but any writer is only as good as their muse allows. I accept that.
All that said: I do like Bendis. Hate me if you must. I get that people despise him but I've read much worse.
All in all, I wish every major comic title was as good as the X-Men franchise has been over the years.
>>
Bachalo and Buckingham with whoever the fuck was writing who cares.
>>
>>81006336
My favorite story is the one that was better than Batman v Superman aka ALL OF THEM.
Boom! DCucks BTFO!
>X GON GIV IT TO YA
>X GON GIV IT TO YA
>X GON GIV IT TO YA
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1317x938) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1317x938
>>81006336
I like the Giant Size X-Men crew.
The Brood Saga is my favorite
Cockrum/Clairmont
>>
>>81008608
The first time I tried to read it, the Brood saga dragged but I gave it another shot a few years later and loved it. A great example of the X-men not being purely MUH RACISM during their rising popularity
>>
>>81010743
>not being purely MUH RACISM

Yeah I don't understand when people say they hate the X-Men going to Space or the Savage Land.
>>
Is there any good stories with Jubilee?

I read Worst X-Man Ever
it was kinda cool
any more like elseword/ or contained stories like that?
>>
>>81011012
There's the Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee eras of Uncanny and X-Men. Also Generation X
>>
File: Uncanny_X-Men_#276_22.jpg (354 KB, 1000x1572) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny_X-Men_#276_22.jpg
354 KB, 1000x1572
>>81011012
Dis one cus she got naked in it.
>>
File: FEB150836.jpg (99 KB, 656x1000) Image search: [Google]
FEB150836.jpg
99 KB, 656x1000
>>81010776
It's because they only ever go to the same damned places in space and rehash the same damned stories in space: Shiar again, Imperial Guard again, Brood again, Corsair SpacePirates again, fucking Asteroid M again.
I don't think they've ever once battled the Kree. In any iteration of the teams.
It was a goddamned miracle when they went to war with a whole new alien species during Whedon's Astonishing run, and the fans loved that. Because it was new ground.
As for Savage Land X-adventures, I've read at least six. And that doesn't include the first ones written before my time. They don't even fight dinosaurs every time. WTF?
These locations always telegraph to the readership that another filler story that is entirely skippable is coming up.
How do you not get that?

tl;dr: How many times are you all worried and excited when Superman has to face an enemy who has KRYPTONITE????
>>
>>81011433
> and rehash the same damned stories
So just like when they're on Earth. Sentinels, Magneto/Brotherhood, Hellfire Club, Apocalypse, Mutant hating Humans.
>>
>>81011205
dude I really wish Gen X was collected fully. I would buy that omnibus in a heartbeat
>>
File: AgeofX-ForceWarriors.jpg (131 KB, 400x426) Image search: [Google]
AgeofX-ForceWarriors.jpg
131 KB, 400x426
>>81011541
Just because you personally don't think bigotry actually exists, does not mean that the defining aspect of the X-Men franchise can't be relatable to other people.
And there's no damned way you're an actual fan of the X-Men and want the writers to drop 60 years of comics canon.
So stop shitposting here. Go bother the WonderWoman thread.
>>
>>81011662
That doesn't seem right, I myself picked up 2 softcover volumes of it. There was a fanbase.
>>
>>81011715
>Just because you personally don't think bigotry actually exists

Oh please tell me where I even implied that moron

You said all the space stories are rehashes and I raised the point that the vast majority of Earth based stories are also rehases because the X-Men have struggled ever since Claremont left to find a decent new writer to helm the franchise
>>
File: APR150811.jpg (18 KB, 386x600) Image search: [Google]
APR150811.jpg
18 KB, 386x600
>>81011818
You weren't attacking the readership for hating those rehashed stories. Were you?
Fuck off and let people actually post about comics on /co/ without your attacking them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.