[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nickelodeon was the best channel in the 90's and early 2000s.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: hnek.png (960 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
hnek.png
960 KB, 720x540
Nickelodeon was the best channel in the 90's and early 2000s. This fact can not be disproved nor can it be challenged.
>>
>>80969823

What happened to Nickelodeon? The big three cartoon channels slumped in the mid to late 2000s but Disney and CN were able to pull themselves back together with shows like Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Over the Garden Fall.

Nick has been nothing but Spongebob marathons and live-action shows for a decade.
>>
>>80969904
The real question is what happened to make them good for that brief while
i mean this is a channel that basically said 'fuckit let's air some canadian reruns i dunno fuck you whatever' and then proceeded to film a bunch fo shit in fucking universal studios florida.
Just.. somehow they lucked out and everything was fantastic. for a few brief, wonderful years. end of the 80s through about 95 or so. after that, eh... you might as well just stick to terrestrial stations until CN's good era started in the next decade.
>>
>>80969904
Late reconstructing.
Nickelodeon has always been the network for it's time. 90's was certainly 90's abeit some 80's themes sometimes.

After a certain point in the 2000s Nickelodeon changed their format to still stay with the times, which meant the shows changed, I guess they saw CN doing it's live action stuff before, and Disney doing its live action stuff still today, so they thought it would be the next big theme.

That's really the only way I can look at it.
>>
>>80969823
I agree, discussion over. Why did this warrant an entire thread?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYHhJXYD8o
>>
>>80970323
Probably a Nostalgia centric thing.
>>
>>80969904
Because unlike Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney have tried to appeal to normies. Normies don't watch animation and certainly don't watch anything on 'kid's channels.

Kids don't watch tv these days- they watch online videos of shit like Pewdiepie. The only real fanbase that still exists are the same group from ten years ago- who are autistic retards like us.

Nickelodeon is sinking now because of their poor choices. Disney is doing better, but that's mostly from brand recognition and corporate backing.

Cartoon Network is doing the best of the three, but blunders like the new PPG and over reliance on shit like TTGo show that it's moreso luck than anything else that CN is winning.
>>
>>80969904
>Disney and CN were able to pull themselves back together with shows like Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Over the Garden Fall.

Well Nick sealed its own fate when it passed over all of those shows.
>>
Since this is a Nick thread, can someone explain why they fucked over DiMartino and Konietzko? It seems like a Young Justice scenario.
>>
>>80970717
Are you talking about Korra bullshit? Because I don't know who those people are but I've seen them mentioned before.

This is a nostalgic based thread.
>>
I find it very interesting how all three kids channels dropped "the" in their titles.

The Nickelodoen was used right after the name switched from Pinwheel because Nickelodeon is the name of some movie projector or something, it was a famous device.

The Disney Channel doesn't get called with "The" unless they're referring to it in a certain way, the don't always say it.

And you guys should already know about The Cartoon Network.
>>
File: MIDEVIL.png (986 KB, 1003x753) Image search: [Google]
MIDEVIL.png
986 KB, 1003x753
If we're talking about any old kid channel and not just Nick...

Do you guys think this number still goes through to a Disney rep?
>>
>>80972653
Only one way to find out.
Go have /x/ do it, they love shady phone numbers.
>>
>>80972735
I could literally do it right now, (I'm the poster right there) I was just wondering what people thought.

If anything it might have went to another "Call us to subscribe" service. It's not shady but I get what you mean.

This was back in the late 80's, numbers like this were all over the fucking place, I'm sure it was like renting the number for your space.
>>
>muh "90's WERE BETTER!" complaint
it's funny because usually this is how it works when you're making fun of someone, but you faggots are serious
>>
File: 1442639319261.jpg (255 KB, 720x855) Image search: [Google]
1442639319261.jpg
255 KB, 720x855
Maybe it's cause I was born in 1995, but I think Nick was best around 2000-2005. Oddly I think people tend to subconsciously lump 2000-2005 into their '90s' equation (pic related).

During this time they had old 90s reruns, and great new shows like Avatar, and Jenny the waifu. When Cyma Zarghami took over in 2006-2007ish, they started to go to shit, lose their good shows, and replace it with endless Spongebob, flash, CGI, and tweencoms.

Coincidentally (or not?), this was when I went to middle school, so maybe I just outgrew them.
>>
>>80974796
>using that Jimmy video for the icon
good on you

>that old as fuck design for the FOP characters
that's creepy and I hate it

>The Nick Cannon Show
not sure what that is but I saw it on Teennick before, I think I have a slight memory of a dude (possibly who it's named after) being in some office.

>Amanda Show
I only remember the theme to an extent

The rest are good.

Was Barnyard really that bad? I remember not having a strong hate against it when I was younger but I never really loved it either.

What's the very last one?
>>
>>80975310
The last one is Drake and Josh
>>
>>80975968
No it's not you dipshit
I don't know what the fuck that is but it's not Josh
>>
Snick.
Disney could never do snick.
Disney did boy meets world.
They could get the nick jr crowd
>playhouse disney not exact copy of nick jr
>>
>>80976332
what are you talking about?
>>
>>80977731
Nick had snick on sat night. All that & shit
>>
>>80976252
It's Dan "smash pre-pubescent clam" Schneider
>>
I remember when they ended every night with an hour of Looney Tunes and then went into Nick At Night at 8pm.
>>
So how recent does Nostalgia stop in terms of time?

2009?
>>
>>80979186
2005, nothing after that is worth having the same kinds of feelings for.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.