[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were assigned to reboot a popular series, how would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: adnmybsmrdrfnftahgc8.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
adnmybsmrdrfnftahgc8.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
If you were assigned to reboot a popular series, how would you go about doing it? Share your ideas, no matter how wild or silly.
>>
I would put Spider-Man, Ice Man and Firestar in the same house, make them a crime fighting team, and also give them a hidden supercomputer that they have for some reason.

I would call it "Ice Man and His Uncanny Cohorts".
>>
>Bruce Wayne accidentally orchestrates his parent's murder by hiring a thug to "teach them a lesson".
>Bruce gives up most of his money to the military and the police force
>Bruce is bit by a bat and thinks he's dying/ developed powers of the bat.
>Bruce dresses up as a batman and gets beat up badly, but gangsters feel sorry for him and teach him how to properly fight.
>Bruce becomes a full on thug and is somehow friends with everybody and fights everybody as batman.
>>
Oh, wait, guys, get this. Imagine this for a sec: We take the Looney Tunes and turn them into crimefighters! In SPACE!
>>
I always wondered how a Watchmen sequel would look. The only half decent idea I ever had was having Rorschach's journal be mostly ignored by the seemingly utopian new world order except for a group of weirdos who took it as almost religious scripture, meeting in dark alleys and basements to put on inkblot masks and be roving gangs of vigilantes. Part of the story would follow one of these guys, referred to by most people as 'blots.

Also Ozymandias would get fat and corrupt because why the fuck not
>>
>Frozen
>Else has fire powers instead of ice powers
>Renamed "Flaming"
>All dat LGBT money
>>
Static Shock

> Skewed toward a slightly older audience. Maybe late teens into twenties

>Actually it would just be called Static like the original comic.

>Would draw on the original comic but not 100%
>Would be the same character designer/ look as Young Justice

>Mostly guest stars from Milestone like Icon and Blood Syndicate but some DC as well. No celebrity cameos.

>Ebon and Virgil are around the same age, start out as friends but go on different paths after the "big bang" incident that gives them powers.

>Static would eventually become a Teen Titan at some point during the series
>>
>>80942879
Make Johnny Storm a nigger and Ben Grimm a manlet
>>
Xmen
The first original 5 team plus havok and blonde polaris.
>Angel has energy psionic wings and blast powers enhanced psiology, empathy limited telepathy and healing, gay relationship with havok.
>Havok has bishop tier powers plus non retarded looking plasma circles
>Beast, Iceman, Cyclops remain true to themselves.
>Jean no more "I can't control it'
She can tap on the phoenix powers in a limited degree Much like Gwen tennison on his Anodite powers
And the phoenix force is not exclusive to her alone
The shiar empire can actually train her to control it but she can lose her humanity and it will take 100 years for her to do so
>Polaris would be the cyber girl of the group since it will take palace in a modern world with high-tech

Its going to be about thier moral struggle living in a world were they are basically gods and not necessarily victims.
>>
X-men

>all mutants are Black and/or LBGT
>all people holding positions in government are Nazis and/or KKK
>>
File: X-Men.png (406 KB, 1000x381) Image search: [Google]
X-Men.png
406 KB, 1000x381
>>80948420
I also want their to be other schools and each one has their own omega level for them its jean sort of like fairytail with the guilds and So that the popular minority characters would be dumped there,
Their line up is actually weak compared to those schools that will have nightcrawler or magik, psylocke so they won't become Mary Sue's and there is a struggle for them to overcome.
>>
File: img121.jpg (2 MB, 3268x2397) Image search: [Google]
img121.jpg
2 MB, 3268x2397
Here's some crap I drew while I was bored. I don't really have many ideas beyond the general looks of it.

I like Kamen Rider and Gatchaman.
>>
Superman of All Ages

A Superman series that covers the various eras of Superman's history, with stories from the different time periods/universes, ect. One episode could be leaping Golden Age Superman, the next planet juggling Silver Age Superman, the next yuppie-ish 1980s Superman that fights Kingpin-ish Lex Luthor, the Geoff Johns era of Post-Infinite Crisis Superman with a Silver Age flavor but modern flavor, and the New 52 Superman.

All Supermans played by different VAs. Same with other characters.
>>
>>80948844
That doesn't work because it would actually give the KKK/Nazis absolute 100% valid reason to fear and defend themselves from those minorities who in real life are no more dangerous then any other human being.
>>
>>80944232
That's an awesome Elseworld concept.
>>
>>80942879
Gargoyles. Different cast, and set in the middle ages.
>>
>>80948844
I would have a sect of mutant-supremacists who view themselves as a chosen, superior race who have a duty of destiny to wrench the world away from all the inferior mongrel trash.

Much more focus on ancient alien Celestial shenanigans, and have Apocalypse commanding people's subconscious, giving rise to an enormous world-wide cult that tries to resurrect them. The X-Men are explicitly body-guards who protect the young students. There would be a mandate preventing other characters from ousting Cyclops as the central figure. Take it out of New York City for logistical reasons, but remain either in NY State, or at least in the North-East.
>>
File: 1458472808467.jpg (761 KB, 944x1048) Image search: [Google]
1458472808467.jpg
761 KB, 944x1048
>Spider-Man 2099
>The spiritual successor to the 90's cartoon
>Doesn't borrow from the Peter David comics 1:1, but it's pretty darn close
>Marketed unironically as Spider-Man of the Future: 2099
>Season 1 finale would be the 90's Spidey jumping through a portal to find Mary Jane.
>They're unsuccessful, but just as Spidey is about to leave, he tells Miguel to never give up.
>The iconic phrase is passed to Miguel.
>"Pfft. What a punk"
>>
File: freakazoid.jpg (20 KB, 450x369) Image search: [Google]
freakazoid.jpg
20 KB, 450x369
>>80942879
>no matter how wild or silly.
You asked for it.

>reboot freakazoid
>get mike allred to oversee the art ala x-statix and madman
>we have each episode open and end with Dexter Douglass speaking to his therapist who we never see about his dreams. These parts are done in a rotoscoped style ala a scanner darkly. And occasionally we will interrupt the show proper to cut back to these scenes if the therapist asks Dexter a question or such.
>dexter is in his 30s now and is recovering from a stint in the loony bin for unspecified crimes he commited while believing he was the super hero Freakazoid in 1997. Years later he is 'on the mend' and in society once more but has begun having 'dreams' about freakazoid again.
>the dreams (the mike allred style stuff) are very different from the old school freakazoid cartoons. The humour is less wacky and far more dark. there are still goofy moments, but no humour comes from them. Theyre designed to be disturbing and unsettling to the audience and freakazoid himself who is not the same hero he once was.
>the entire time between the cancellation of the original show and when the dreams begin to come to dexter Freakazoid has been in a chamber that is both torture device and super science reality alterer under the control of his arch nemesis 'the lobe'
>wired hooked into freakazoids nervous system have used his cyberspace latered nature and subconcious mental power to rework reality to the lobes design. To a darker and colder place in which the lobe ruled.
>finally after all those years freakazoid frees himself and kills the lobe. turning one of his machines on him and blasting him with a beam of concentrated electricity causing him to be disintegrated
cont...
>>
File: candle_jack_by_5uonevar.jpg (70 KB, 900x764) Image search: [Google]
candle_jack_by_5uonevar.jpg
70 KB, 900x764
>>80950169

>the crux of the show will be freakazoid helping out people around the world as they deal with the sudden changes as the world becomes less 'real' and more like the wacky original cartoons zany reality. but their memories remain from their time in the lobes reality. so the craziness is horrifying.
>he takes on various old villains like dr. mystico, cave guy, cobra queen etc
>each of them once normal people finding themselves changed back into their warped alter egos from before the lobe changed everything.
>as the series goes on freakazoid becomes more and more aware of his nature as a dream, and the possibility that the dream and the dreamer are both a fiction. that the entire thing is a lie, a story
>we have a big climax where the lobe returns saying he had to do what he did he had to lock the entire story away because the longer freakazoid was out there in dexters thoughts the closer the story came to getting out of dexters head and into the world. the one villain wasn't satisfied just being a crazy cartoon. being a silly idea.
>we end with the defeat of the lobe and the dismissal of his plan as a ploy to take over the world again
>back in the final scene in the therapists chair we get the therapist who we still haven't seen asking dexter who the character in question was.
>dexter thinks for a moment, unsure and we now notice what we thought was the end of a coffee cup next to the therapist was actually the edge of the curled handle of a candlestick with a lit candle in it
>he considers it for a moment, faintly disturbed unsure confused. then finally he says the name that until now had eluded him
>candle ja...
>candle blows out, cut to black, show ends

nobody would want to watch this but me. but i want it.
>>
>>80950169
>latered nature
I don't know what i was intending to write there....i guess i mean to say
>cyberspace created nature
>>
>>80942879
Any series?
>Megaman
>Hire new artists so it's closer to the look of the game
>Explore a different outlook on Robot/Human Relations (not the way you think)
>Explore the three laws and how the affect everyday life
>Give genuine development towards characters and where they sit in the robot hierarchy
>Progress through each set of Robots in a timely manner, pretending each set happens within a day or a couple of days.
>Add in Zero and X subplot
>Progressively show the big bad getting worse and worse as time goes on

>As it ends with the expected ending we all think it is, the main side character gives a monologue lamenting the events of the series, with friends, enemies, "Sons and Daughters" now gone but a hope for the future that he hopes will come to fruition as this plays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpqjMH_CwTM
>>
File: 2.png (169 KB, 215x270) Image search: [Google]
2.png
169 KB, 215x270
Hypercrisis TAS
>>
Gargoyles.

Would keep everything the exact same except...

After the second season is over, we change the title to "Gargoyles [Verb]", it gets considered a separate series while still continuing everything from the last series. Greg's curse of no third seasons gets averted, and he gets to do his time traveling plot with Brooklyn finally.
>>
>>80942879
Swat Kats meets Zootopia
>>
>>80950221
Three laws don't really exist in the Mega Man universe. Robots aren't allowed to hurt humans (unless they're programmed to allow for that), but that's it. Robots are regularly shown defying their creators' orders. Proto Man is the most obvious example of this. Several robots also perform suicidal acts even when there aren't endangered humans around or against the wishes of their creators.

So really, only one law actually exists. Though, of course, since this is your own idea for a retool of the series, they can if you want them to.
>>
>>80950263
The intent was to definitely have them under the three laws. I think it could be fun considering they would be commiting unspeakable atrocities by wily's command in the eyes of another robot and that would help build megaman's character.
>>
>>80950293
If you want a darker and edgier Mega Man, there's always the X and Zero series. Although the laws definitely don't exist in those, not even the "No Killing Humans" law.
>>
File: whatthafuck.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
whatthafuck.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>80950169
>>80950181
>>
>>80949050
Nice.
>>
>>80950333
No no I don't actually want a darker edgier megaman I want him to work through the things that he can't understand and come out on top a better "Person" for it, to gain a sense of justice and not a hate for killing. I want him to become what X basically is but to learn it for himself despite at first being forced to attack his perceived brother unit
>>
>>80950181
Are you kidding? I'd watch the everliving FUCK out of that.
>>
Gravity Falls with less emphasis on silliness and more emphasis on horror.
The general idea is pretty much turning it into Over the Garden Wall 2.0
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.