[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Cyborg Movie Dilemma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Cyborg.png (903 KB, 652x1175) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg.png
903 KB, 652x1175
So Victor Stone is slated for JL and the studio is uncertain how to go about a solo movie. In my mind a Cyborg movie has the risk of being another 2014 Robocop situation. Question is, what do you do with him? Would the villain be Grid or AMAZO? Do you just make it a Titans or Metal Men movie? I mean theres not a whole lot to work with
>>
Robocop.
>>
>>80911355
Cyborg wont get a movie, the titans will
>>
>>80911355
When are they starting or when do they have the release scheduled? Because of his solo comic now he already has at least one villain specific to Cyborg they could use. I thought it was amusing...or sad and worrisome in that interview with Chris Terrio, because he went into all this research he was doing for the movie and all the little aspects he wanted to tie in to the comics and he had this insight on the flash and and aquaman and Supes and bates conflict but had jack to say about Cyborg. In fact, Terio is this you?

What I would do is focus on the personal problems he faces with other people and the league because you know he's part robot

I don't know what the league movie is going to be like but IF he doesn't get his body their it would be about him coming to terms with his prosthetic body and his new relationship with technology. Like in the comic now he's got this evolving process that's going on with his robotic half and I'd use that in an almost reverse way than where he started after the Doomsday thing. His robotic part would look thin compared to this small portion of upper body and part of his arm that looked like a foot ball player. It would be somewhat skeletal and frightening like a Terminator unit. The first half would be him coming to grips with the change and his parents trying to justify what they did to him and the isolation that comes with that.

The villain, I think I would go for something like the first Hulk movie where some military person comes in and immediately sees combat applications for Cyborg especially with super powered aliens Alanteans and Amazonians popping up. So anyway pick an asshole DC general and give him a sleazy conniving scientist sidekick that tries to reverse engineer the process that made Cyborg (Ivo?). And maybe he ends up making a dead soldier into another "cyborg" or maybe he makes Metallo. But of course it goes wrong and Cyborg has to stop it.
>>
>>80911355
Make the villain someone like Doctor Light, Brother Blood, or maybe Terra. It doesn't need to be some sort of techno thing just because he's part robot, that's prejudiced you troq.
>>
make it about man's evolving relationship with technology. visually it's obviously a stretched scifi but subtextually take out all the imagery and everything stands in for what's already going on now
we are already cyborgs, intelligence isn't just the brain doing brain things, we're irreversibly changed, etc etc
i can only imagine a plot that involved technology at the highest stage, that is corporate/government mass use of technology for various means. with that as the background you can come up with both a personal struggle that moves the plot for victor and also overarching/underlying themes and narrative points that connect to the greater universe

the thing about what they're doing is that they already set up superman as what the real life experience of superman would be;something that changes everything. many personal considerations lose their meaning with the existence of superman. unless they use the world post superman itself to say something i don't think they can explore different directions.
>>
Making Titans would delegitimize him from the League
>>
>>80913116
>Metallo
Metallo not being in a superman story just seems wrong to me.
>>
>>80914422
also i think they should have added characters that they think would have made for the best story
martian manhunter adds the all the mind stuff that can be exploited in so many ways but i suppose they wanted to keep it earth centric

i think that they should not shy away from the possibility that maybe they don't have to make a bunch of stand alone movies where we only follow one person towards one goal. i don't know what's the most win win for everybody involved but i'd like to think they can have fun with their moviemaking while still telling good stories
>>
>>80911355
teen titans
>>
I think a plot similar to that one episode of Teen Titans where he fought Atlas would be good.
>>
>>80911355
He is tempted to go full robot as he believes his entire existence is the uncanny valley through-and-through.
>>
>>80911355
Cyborg vs. Braniac
>>
>>80915727
Too big for Cyborg, thats like pairing Mongul against Green Arrow
>>
Go inside the computer to free enslaved programs from rule of tyrannical Master Control program
>>
>>80911355
Bring in a b-list hero and make it a Brave and the Bold sort of situation. That way you give Cyborg someone to fall back on if his character isn't very strong and can introduce a lesser known character to the general audience.

Who would you choose for the role, /co/? I'd personally advocate for someone like the Question.
>>
>>80915860
Well I was going to say The Metal Men but I think Red Tornado would be more focused and could be done rather nicely
>>
>>80915944
>Red Tornado
that could be cool as fuck. Too bad he'd just come off as a vision ripoff.
>>
>>80916013
But Vision sucks. Red Tornado is awesome.
>>
>>80916013
Not necessarily. Remember AoU Vision wasnt your typical "dumb robot learning about humanity" character. Yes he didnt really understand humans all of the time, but he was rather competent compared to others. With Red Tornado you could have this dynamic with Vic where he teaches him (and thereby remind himself) what humanity is and vice versa
>>
>>80911355
Skip the origin story, start the movie with him established as Cyborg, and have him do something like going undercover as a human into some criminal academy/organization like that teen titans episode.

Have him contemplate his humanity and such; this would fit perfectly into the image that DC films are deeper and delve into the philosophical nature of superheroes in society.

I really hope they dont just try to portray Borg as DC's Iron Man, and just do something different. Also there better be some booyah.
>>
>>80911355
What about making an original villain? Or perhaps use his connection with Apokolips to bring the Darkseid threat.
>>
I know people have been saying this about every Marvel movie and been wrong, but I really don't see audiences getting excited about a Cyborg movie.

It does help though that he'll be introduced earlier. If audiences don't love him in JL they should just do a Teen Titans movie instead
>>
File: niceu niceu.png (109 KB, 245x548) Image search: [Google]
niceu niceu.png
109 KB, 245x548
>>80911355
Do this >>80913116
But replace Metallo with proto-Amazo. He can't replicate powers immediately but he can kinda match Cyborg part for part with an enhanced version of Cyborg's body created by Ivo.

Have some bullshit where Cyborg wins through his human side to push that underneath all that technology, he's still Victor Stone.

Have Ivo recover the scraps of Amazo after the battle and tease that he can make Amazo better, a.k.a. replicate powers of the Justice League.
Pretty much DC's Age of Ultron.
>>
File: 1312666458530.png (4 KB, 243x190) Image search: [Google]
1312666458530.png
4 KB, 243x190
>>80911355
>In my mind a Cyborg movie has the risk of being another 2014 Robocop situation.

How? Is there a pre-existing Cyborg movie that's regarded as 11/10 perfect and an undisputed classic that renders the new movie irrelevant before it's even out?
>>
>>80916574
It'll be really lame if every justice league member solo movie that comes out after justice league is all origin stories.
>>
Cyborg vs. Maxwell Lord and the OMACs.
>>
>>80920100
christing fuck yes, this. I'm getting to the point I don't even want to see a goddamned origin story for any of these clowns anymore, just pull me in with some kind of action off the bat and give me a few brief infodumps in the first half about who they are/what they do. Y'know, like actual comics.
>>
> Beast Boy
> Road Trip
> 90's/00's sound track (Spice Girls, Smash Mouth, etc.)
> The Brain / Monsieur Mallah as villains
Make Cyborg DC's answer to Star-Lord and Deadpool.
>>
>>80920100
I like origin stories and it's not like they've ever been told for half of DC's heroes in a movie format.

Vic's origin is most likely going to be in JL anyway.
>>
>>80911355
just make it an adaption of Deus Ex: Human Revolution but without the idiotic bits
>>
>>80911355
I have yet to read his solo serie, but does he have a good supporting cast?

If he does, then the movie can work.

If he doesn't, then make it a titans movie instead with him leading.
>>
I SAW YOU DANCE
>>
Dr. Harley Quinzel steals all the showers from Justice League headquarters, and it's all up to Cyborg to get them back. But this time it's about more than justice.

This time it's personal.
>>
>>80911355
why is he wearing nikes
>>
>>80915822
>thats like pairing Mongul against Green Arrow

well Green Arrow killed Darkseid once
>>
>>80922642
Because hes half machine, half urban.
>>
Why.

Why make a Cyborg solo movie.

Business-wise, there is no reason. Comics are chosen as a medium to adapt into movies because they are proven and tested brands on their own. 99.999999999999999% of Cyborg fans are Titans fans. The other guy is Geoff Johns. There is absolutely no reason to give him his own movie.

I mean, forget the fact that he should be in the JL instead, is there anyone who believes even for a second that a Martian Manhunter movie wouldn't be much more interesting?
>>
File: 13464837645488.png (52 KB, 157x247) Image search: [Google]
13464837645488.png
52 KB, 157x247
>>80922690
>>
>>80922672
I thought the Atom did it.
>>
>>80918888
In the sense that the MC will be a wussy pussy bitch who's governed by his emooootiooons :'(
>>
>>80922768
Blame that hack Goyer for J'onn's absence

But I honestly don't think WB can sell a J'onn solo movie either.
>>
>>80922298
>Cyborg, Booyah Begins
>>
You make it a blacksploitation movie, throw in a bunch of black heroes like John Henry Irons, Martian Man Hunter and Green Lantern where 'da white martians be tryin' to fuck up 'da hood and it's up to Justice League: Even Darker to stop them.
>>80921184
Or this, this is a really good idea.
>>
>>80923081
Atom was basically just his trick-arrow.
>>
>wb's doing this before the green lantern film

WB really is terrified of that franchise.
>>
Cyborg's Ex-Girlfriend who broke up with him after he became half robot has gone missing and Cyborg reluctantly agrees to track her down for her parents in a neo-noir where the villain is Brother Blood who recently started up a trendy Scientology like cult. Set in Hub City.
>>
They have to make Cyborg's body based on salvaged Krypton tech.

How else could they explain him going around in such a body? While other people in the world are cripples in wheel chairs.
>>
>>80923361
His dad is a super scientist who stole technology he was developing to save his son.
>>
>>80922672
Him and Atom.

He used a flashbang arrow with Atom small enough to ride the photons from the light into his eyes, then punch his brain until he died.
>>
>>80923341
>Hub City with no Question
No thank you
>>
Hire Guillermo Del Toro and make it like a tech version of his Hellboy movie
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.