[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypercrisis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 37
File: Chart (52).jpg (3 MB, 1820x5055) Image search: [Google]
Chart (52).jpg
3 MB, 1820x5055
Daily Reminder DC Comics is a fusion of 8 different companies each of which got there own earth at one point.

National Comics-Earth 1
Detective Comics-Earth-0
All-American Comics-Earth 2
Quality Comics-Earth 10
Entertaining Comics- Earth 39
Charlton Comics- Earth 4
Fawcett Comics-Earth 5
Wildstorm- Earth-50

And dont forget, the Modern DCU is a fusion of Seven Earths

Earth Two
Earth One
Earth Four
Earth S
Earth Quality
Earth M
Milestone Universe
"Vertigo Universe"

This is the Endosymbiosis, the same way Transformers absorbed GoBots, Christianity absorbed holidays from pagan religions, Roman Myth was built from countless local traditions, and the Caribbean developed its syncretic beliefs such as Voodoun and Santeria DC has become a modern hodgepodge of countless narratives.
>>
>>80760901
>Christianity absorbed holidays from pagan religions

That's misleading.

Catholicism in particular tends to absorb certain cultural symbols and trappings of those holidays and simply applies new meanings onto them though.

Like for example, we have evidence that the Early Church celebrated Christmas on Dec. 25th in the second and third centuries, but the fact that it falls close to traditional pagan winter solstice celebrations let them introduce associated symbolism regarding the darkness/light imagery that fit in neatly with the theological underpinnings of the holiday.

Just like the Hypercrisis likes to throw everything and the kitchen sink into its system of symbology within the DCU and fiction in general.
>>
>National Comics-Earth 1
>Detective Comics-Earth-0
National Comics was the fusion of National Allied Publications and Detective Comics Inc.
When National fused with All-American Publications, they became Superman-DC.

>Entertaining Comics
>Milestone
Did any of those characters (besides Static) end up in the DCU?
>>
>>80761237
Shadow Cabinet runs Stormwatch, they are successors to the Demon Knights

Also A bunch of Milestone guys were in dc with Static but no one gave a shit.

>>80761237
National went bankrupt so Dc was founded and then immediately bought it out.
>>
>>80760901
>Earth Quality
which one was this?
>>
Assigning greater meaning to stories you know are weaker is a method of propping something up as old as time.
>>
>>80761040
That is what I meant yes
>>
>>80760901
I want to pitch a Superhero team based on this concept

>>80761589
Blackhawk, Uncle Sam, Plastic Man and the characters who would later form the Freedom Fighters.
>>
>>80761686
>I want to pitch a Superhero team based on this concept

What, a team that has characters from all the different companies that DC's absorbed over the years?
>>
>>80761751
Yeah one from each, like how the Marvel Illuminati began as a representative from each Marvel "house."
>>
What are the "Supermen" of each of the...what are we calling them now, The Sacred 8?
>>
Hmmm anyone notice how Kingdom Come had the Justice Batalion of Magog as Charlton Charcaters? And then JLI had Blue Beetle and Question? And then Generation Lost had Max stopping JLI from causing Kingdom Come ? And how Dr Manhatten was used to nuke earth in the Watchmen film? And how Captain Atom is always universe hopping and that one time he met a weird future Kingdome Come Superman? And how Pax Americana Captain Atom knew Algorithm 8 and got vaporized to another universe?

What does it mean?
>>
>>80761902
Jor L,Superman, Wonder Woman, Wonder Boy,Superduperman,Captain Atom,Capatain Marvel,Apollo/Majestic
>>
heres a short rundown of major characters that were published under each imprint

National Comics
>Sandman
>Spectre
>Hourman
>Doctor Fate
>Congorilla
>Starman
>Johnny Quick
>Shining Knight
>Green Arrow
>Aquaman
>Manhunter

Detective Comics
>Slam Bradley
>Superman
>Zatara
>Crimson Avenger
>Batman
>Robin
>Catwoman
>Star-Spangled Kid
>Vigilante
>Guardian
>Liberty Belle

All-American Comics
>Flash
>Hawkman
>Johnny Thunder
>Green Lantern
>Atom
>Doctor Mid-Nite
>Wonder Woman
>Mr Terrific
>Wildcat

Quality Comics
>Doll Man
>Black Condor
>Uncle Sam
>Red Bee
>The Ray
>Max Mercury
>Plastic Man
>Phantom Lady
>Human Bomb
>Black Hawk
>Miss America
>Kid Eternity

Fawcett Comics
>Captain Marvel
>Spy Smasher
>Captain Marvel, Jr.
>Mary Marvel
>>
How does the Watchmen universe fit into this? I know it's owned by DC and Rorschach has appeared as cameos in alternate universe issues.
>>
>>80762184
Watchmen is an Earth-4 variant like how the Shazam show is an Earth-5 variant.
>>
>>80762184

I think one of the Crises reverted the Watchmen universe back into a proper Charlton Universe.
>>
>>80762173

>Johnny Quick

I take it the name belonged to a different character beforehand? Although it is funny how many precursors had a Flash analogue.
>>
File: multiversity-flashes.jpg (229 KB, 800x553) Image search: [Google]
multiversity-flashes.jpg
229 KB, 800x553
>>80762173
>>80762387
Speedforce is Multiversal Singularity

Milestone even had a lesbian asian Flash eth her german musclegirl wife in that book Ellis totally ripped off with The Athority
>>
>>80762314
Didnt revert so much as make it what Dikto/Moore would have written in the 21st century(well that is what he TRIED at least)
>>
>>80761686
>>80761751
>>80761852
What would your lineup be and why?
Ooohm what would the name be?
>>
>>80762387
I find it funny how DC, who usually bought ripoffs from other companies(Captain Marvel, Apollo) in this case bought the ORIGINAL after they made there own crappy donut steel of The Flash.
>>
>>80762654

To be fair, the big 3 companies that later formed DC (National, Detective, All-American) were basically founded and owned by the same people. So DC didnt really bought The Flash, because DC didnt existed before the merge.
>>
>>80762506

i need a like wallpaper version of this
>>
One day I'll walk into a hypercrisis thread an not be confused due to my lack of general DC knowledge....to day is not that day
>>
>>80762978

I've collected a good deal of my comic knowledge thanks to /co/ and especially Hypercrisis threads. It's more or less impossible to learn everything, so just go with the flow.
>>
>>80762931
Use this.
>>
>>80762978
Go read more comics. I know a lot of things, but I still get confused here and there.
I tried reading infinite crisis when I first started reading DC comics and I didn't understand a thing.
>>
>>80762906
Actually they were indpedent companies that were combined due to the Keiaku lordship of Max Gaines

Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson Invented the original comic book but he was so in debt that he couldnt even outside out a 3rd book. So he was forced to make a new company with Donenfield, the publisher of his books that he was in debt to, and Donenfields accountant, Jack Liebowitz The new company was DC and when National went bankrupt, Jack and Donen bought the Major out of both.

>In early 1938, Harry Donenfeld send him and his wife on a cruiseto Cubato 'work up new ideas'. When they came home, the major found the lock to his office door changed. In his absence, Harry had sued him for nonpayment and pushed Detective Comics, Inc. into bankruptcy court. There a judge named Abe Mennen, one of Harry's old Tammanybuddies, had been appointed interim president of the firm and arranged a quick sale of its assets to Independent News. Harry gave the major a percentage ofMore Fun Comicsas a shut-up token and wished him well.

When a young start up named Max Gaines wanted in on the new market, and so went to Donenfield for funds. Harry only gave him cash if he would take on Jack as a partner, as a way to control both of them.

With the realtionship bonded, All American was allowed to use the DC seal of quality (what would become there logo began as a seal showing the book was safe for kids, there was a big anti comics trend in ww2 era america) and use DC characters for its novel team boom JSA.

Turns out Max HATED Jack, who would meddle ediotorially(note Jack was one of the first to understand how key adaptations were for the sucess of there brand, both Fliesher Superman, the radio show and the Batman serials were pushed by him)
>>
Aw shit, someone is posting 'The Monster at the End of this Book'. >>80762382
>>
>>80763542

When Harry pulled out the buffer was gone and an all out Civil War began, this is why in the middle of the original JSA run, all DC characters disapperar for no reason and Flash and Green Lantern are brought back on to compensate (jsa had a policy were no heroes with there own books could be active members) .

Eventually Max raged quit, Jack bought him out, DC All American and National were fused, and Max later founded his Christian Propaganda company Educating Comics, that his abused son woukd take over after a freak speedboat accident where Max died throwing his best freinds son to safety, leading to a book so revolutionary it sparked the CCA and lead to the power vacuum that let DC revive the superhero comic in the 1950s with a reboot of All Americans The Flash.

And then the Mob bought them all out.
>>
Question: Is DC's central theme... the Multiverse?

I mean that in the comics, in the cartoons, movies, series... They try to create a bigger universe from what we think there is. With weird references, mentions to other series or lines and things like that. For example, in the series, they made a bigger universe by combining many series, like Arrow - Flash 90s - Flash - Legends of Tomorrow and ever series like Supergirl, and in the movies, most people are talking about a bigger world from the beginning.

Do you think DC will try to make that in every-media they'll try to go to next? Do you enjoy something like this?
>>
>>80763618
DC's central theme is how an idea can manifest and be executed in different ways. multiversity is a vehicle for that theme
>>
>>80763686
With this answer, I can't wait to read the Multiversity Too
>>
File: 360px-Serial_endosymbiosis.svg.png (131 KB, 360x520) Image search: [Google]
360px-Serial_endosymbiosis.svg.png
131 KB, 360x520
>>80763686
DC is the organism, always consuming, always evolving.

Marvel is the machine, being more finely tuned with every iteration.
>>
>>80760901
Does Zero Hour really need to be there?
>>
>>80762978

Man my first DC comic was Animal Man, and at that point I knew jack shit about DC's history or Crisis on Infinite Earths.
>>
>>80761237
I don't even know any EC characters other than The Crypt Keeper.
>>
And now all that shit was basically undone with Convergence!

Enjoy the NewNu52. Until next time, anyway.
>>
>>80765281
Convergence didn't negate Multiversity or the multiverse. It instead solidified Hypertime; personally, I've interpreted it as a Hypertime specific to each universe.
>>
File: dcmoment86b.jpg (91 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
dcmoment86b.jpg
91 KB, 600x940
Someone please explain hypertime to me.
>>
>>80760901
Since when was Vertigo its own universe and not part of the main continuity?
>>
>>80763734
I personally can't wait until the first one is made in Heroclix form, so I can own all the alternate Heroes in physical form>
>>
File: tumblr_nnqsk0zFLL1tlr43do2_500.jpg (165 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnqsk0zFLL1tlr43do2_500.jpg
165 KB, 500x384
So will anything come of this, or will we never see it again since Morrison won't do anything else for DC but OGNs?
>>
>>80760901
>oldest one is not 1 or 0
>0 1 2 4 5
trash imo
nice words and graphic though, I love people explaining the craziness of comics
>>
>>80766093
Probably when some stuff diverted from it, like for instance later run of Animal Man or how Brightest Day version of Constantine was younger than the Vertigo version.
>>
>>80763606
Wow really? So like, a disgruntled comic creator made his own company for Chick-tract-tier comics, and abused his son, and then his son used that company to put out something that made everyone think comics were bad? or was he abused by someone else? What was the comic that was so distasteful?
>>
>>80766835
The distasteful comic were Tales From the Crypt and other horror comics.
>>
>>80766647
Couldn't Constantine just use magic to make himself look younger? And I'm sure the smoking made him look older than he really was.
>>
>>80767766
Pre-Flashpoint, there were two Constantines. One in the main DCU and the one in Hellblazer. The one in the DCU was effected by the sliding timescale "everything happened five years ago" of the DCU, while the Hellblazer Constantine aged in real time.
>>
So which universe has He-Man?
>>
>>80765622
You're walking through the woods. There's a fork in the road. One path leads north, and the other leads east. You take one path and journey forward.
But Hypertime allows that you have simultaneously taken the other path, creating a second timeline parallel to your current timeline. If one were to question the validity of either timeline, Hypertime would allow that both timelines could exist concurrently.

The only problem with Hypertime is that it could easily negate the necessity of the multiverse, seeing as if multiple timelines could be extended from one point of origin to another and into infinity, then multiple timelines could easily replace the role that multiple universes serve. My personal interpretation/reconciliation/compromise for the coexistence of the Multiverse and Hypertime is that the Multiverse as observed by other universes is the definitive/alpha timeline of that planet, and that while multiple timelines can and do exist there is still one definitive timeline that universe follows. To utilize the earlier example, while it can be reasoned that there is an alternate timeline on this Earth where a gender-swapped version of yourself decided to take a walk in the woods, it is only on Earth-11 that a gender-swapped version of you actually exists and had to make that choice, and from there all other Hypertime timelines relative to that universe remain valid.

Or something like that. I just improvised all of this just now, so feel free to ask questions.

>>80767911
The rumor is that Earth-28 is the Hanna-Barbera planet.
>>
>>80768192
So it's just branching timelines? Like, if in this timeline I were to pick door number one, as soon as I made that choice another timeline was made where I picked door number 2?
>>
>>80768192
I just roll with Homestuck's explanation. Each universe is a giant cosmic frog (so to speak) and all possible timelines of that universe exist within that frog simultaneously, but only one of which is the Alpha timeline.
>>
File: 1304032297177550738.jpg (303 KB, 800x2050) Image search: [Google]
1304032297177550738.jpg
303 KB, 800x2050
>>80767911
He-Man seems to be set in a completely different Multiverse.
>>
>>80768365
Pretty much, yes.
In comics, it basically means that if a writer wishes to ignore a story in a character's continuity, then they are free to do so.

>>80768373
That's a much shorter version of what I said.
I should really re-read Homestuck one of these days.
>>
>>80768590
they had a crossover with DC chars not long ago tho
>>
>>80762314
Well no...

The Earth shown in Pax Americana is basically what the Watchmen would have been if 1. it used the original characters the Watchmen were based on instead of surrogates and 2. it hadn't been written by Moore

but it's still not the Watchmen because the Watchmen is it's own thing. DESU I've never cared for Watchmen and though Pax Americana was great.
>>
>>80768590

wait, other fucking comics went through flashpoint? he man is in the dc universe?

>>80760901
why is that one earth a square?
>>
Question:

Why don't they just force the writers to be confined to one Earth and not let them make new ones? Also why don't they force them to not kill off characters only to revive them later?
>>
>>80771602
>why is that one earth a square?
Hipster Earth.
>>
>>80771628

because then we dont get fun comics
>>
File: 1437771404112.jpg (82 KB, 358x457) Image search: [Google]
1437771404112.jpg
82 KB, 358x457
>>80771640
>>
>>80771640

i'm not sure if you are joking
>>
>>80771645
What's fun about literally nothing mattering because it's all gonna get reset?
>>
>>80764356
Yes
>>
>>80771670

comics arent real life anon. they are still fun stories to read.
>>
>>80768192
I think Morraon explain Hypertime was HOW the Multiverse
Operates
>>
>>80768590
Who are the two WoW Skeletors in the corner
>>
>>80766093
>>80766594
They are numbeted by priority, not age
>>
>>80768192
Why e28?
>>
>>80771731
>No eroticsm

where is the fun in that. whats so wrong about wanting to see poison ivy rape batman
>>
>>80766835
>>80766835
When EC (Educating Comics) was made, it has a list of maxims like No eroticsm, No gore, no horror, etc.

When his son made it EC(Entertaining Comics) he Literally just kept the maxims but crossed out the "nos."

True Crime, Horror, Mad, Weird Science, Plagirism, Black People...EC rewally pushed the envelope
>>
>>80771602
>why is that one earth a square?
Apparently Bizarro Earth is in a different universe even though I can't remember it ever being depicted that way in any continuity.
>>
>>80771974
It has been severalbtimes
>>
>>80766093
Vertigo was entirely independent of the regular DC Universe for years until they brought back Constantine, Swamp Thing, and more recently Tim Hunter. But some characters like Zatanna existed in both.
>>
>>80767865
oh yeah and then there was this. When Constantine came back in Darkest Night/Brightest Day it was a different younger Constantine not him using magic to make himself appear young. Hellblazer was still running and it does not take place in the main DC Universe and as this anon pointed out time moved with it's publication history.
>>
>>80771670
is this a serious post
>>
>>80771738
It's one of the handful that we don't actually have a confirmation of any information on.
>>
>>80766093
Vertigo was DC for the most part, dc had a Vertigo- sorta earth 13, and there are two constantine.

Its more like how Earth one superman bled from Earth 2 superman.

The distinction is retroactive
>>
>>80772449
>>80772620
I know but why that earth specfically
>>
>>80771738
>>80772620
>>80772695
The rumor is more or less based on the numerology of the planet. That is, "8" corresponds to the letter "H" and "2" corresponds to "B". So Earth-28 becomes Earth-BH, or HB.
>>
>>80771704
concept-art for the movie
>>
File: Earth 28.jpg (223 KB, 631x684) Image search: [Google]
Earth 28.jpg
223 KB, 631x684
>>80773969....
The Atom logo on it evokes Atom Ant as its Supermsn atom analog . Its placement is just one shell below the cartoon rim.evoles the post apoc setting(also tying the atomc them) and its placement opposte Chaykin earth a world without a 60s or 70s which makes sense given the 60s atomic age and hippie vibe of HB

Also hb, 28
>>
>>80774319
Cool
>>
>>80760901
and I thought the Japanese TF-canon was a mess
>>
>>80775161
Its actually far cleaner
>>
File: ArmySurplusSpecial.gif (41 KB, 350x334) Image search: [Google]
ArmySurplusSpecial.gif
41 KB, 350x334
>>80774319
I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE

CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH
>>
>>80775336
Darkseid... always hated music...
>>
>>80763560
The storytime of that and the Elmo one after Ultra was the most fun I've ever had in a storytime thread.
>>
>>80771670
Do you even hypercrisis?
>>
File: 1446674627275.jpg (1 MB, 1985x3056) Image search: [Google]
1446674627275.jpg
1 MB, 1985x3056
>>80773969
>>80774319
I think it would fit better as 25(?, not sure if I'm reading that faded number correctly) if you look at actual placement on the map, but they could just switch them.
>>
>>80762978
DC is a total clusterfuck. That's why Marvel was always better, until the SJWs started fucking it up.
>>
>>80775579
Elmo leaving this dimension then coming.out the back end to become the big bad was basic ally what Doom did.
>>
>>80775991
25 I pegged as earth c minus

Though even that is a bit off because earths in the lower shells are more realistic (thus why Order, Chaos, Light and Dark are closer to each other)
>>
File: Doom Alal.jpg (51 KB, 749x639) Image search: [Google]
Doom Alal.jpg
51 KB, 749x639
>>80776263
jesus christ you're right
>>
File: 1427426727678.jpg (137 KB, 389x540) Image search: [Google]
1427426727678.jpg
137 KB, 389x540
>>80776263
>>80776377
sometimes the hypercrisis goes too far
>>
>>80776141
I prefer DC's multiverse because it has organization.
Marvel's Multiverse always bent to however people saw fit, to the point that writers often got universe numbers wrong.
>>
File: 1458012850349.jpg (73 KB, 809x539) Image search: [Google]
1458012850349.jpg
73 KB, 809x539
>>80777245

Another anon made this yesterday-ish.
>>
File: tfw membrane is fictive.png (9 KB, 125x45) Image search: [Google]
tfw membrane is fictive.png
9 KB, 125x45
>>80771670
>mattering
>comics
>>80771717
that's dumb
is 0 highest priority or lowest?
>>80771774
I kind of like that actually
>>80775991
holy shit
>>
>>80777940
The map in the OP is missing a step. In Infinite Crisis the multiverse returned as New Earth + 51 identical copies of it. Then the other 51 Earths were changed when Mr Mind rampaged through them in 52. "0" is to signify that it came before the others and is the "original" one when talking about this instance of the multiverse.
>>
Semi-related but why isn't DC comics called National Comics anymore?
>>
>>80777963
Also I'm pretty sure the name New Earth was assigned in COIE anyway after the remaining Earths merged. Minor errors are to be expected I guess.
>>
>>80777724
Yes. 0 is the CrownKeystone
>>
>>80777963
>>80778143
If you look, 52 is after the red split or IC.

That was the design >>80778000
Everyone called it DC anyway because National went out of buisness after two books and Detective Comics was the most popular series until Supes(and Bats made it popular still)

It was legally National all the way up until the Mob owned it.
>>
>>80778240
>until the mob owned it
The mob was involved with comics?
>>
>>80768192
Yes, but these Multiverses must all stem from a Prime Universe, from the genesis of all reality, where all Multiverses Alpha Timelines are simply convergences that can be traced back far enough to find Earth Alpha-Omega or something.
It can also be postulated that, given enough time, all Earths shall come to resemble eachother as barren rocks in a dead galaxy. From here, Earth Alpha-Omega is certain.

At least, that's what I think.
>>
>>80778557
I would propose that the Prime point of origin is creation itself. All it takes is one atomic or subatomic particle to be in a different position to totally mess things up for everybody else.

The notion of an Omega point, in that all universes lead to a similar (if not completely identical) point of demise is interesting, though I suppose there are several reasons it isn't explored as much as other aspects of multiple timelines.
>>
>>80778867
Yeah, it's not like the Omega Point is a slash across all timelines at once, it's just that once the last version meets the requirements, all converge to one.

And yeah, you're probably right about the subatomic particles and all that.
>>
>>80778304
Yeah, in fact modern Time Warner was foundes by a mafia conglomerate
>>
>>80761040
eh, the mythology of jesus is mostly the same as osiris and many other pre-christ dieties.
>>
>>80761686
>>80761751
>>80762589
>>80762589
Seven. There are always seven. They from many times, many worlds and bear many names. Soldiers, Teams and Secrets, always guarding the World from its own Wonders.

In modern times Dharma, last apostle of the Great Shaman Red Dog, has united the Eight Great Houses of the World in secret. Their mission, to defend, to preserve, to detect. Their name:

The Shadow Cabinet.

>Jack Woods

The Final Frontiersman, last bastion of a dying age. Woods fought at the twilight of the age of man and the dawn of heroes, saw the fall of the Fearsome Fang Gow and served with Sandra whose secret service will forever go unknown. He now serves as the defender of Adventure ensuring the world always has a new horizon to explore.

>Wonder Woman

The All-American Amazon, born from woman alone with the power of the gods. Designed as a tool of a higher culture, Diana has pledged herself to the enlightenment and empowerment of the World she has come to know. A warrior and a scholar she splits her time between service in the Justice League and as the 52nd president of the United States.

>The Big Eye

He goes by many names and many titles. GEORGE, Uncle Sam, Father Time, I. But the one he bears with most pride is the one of the highest Quality. Blackhawk. Serving in conflicts beyond human imagining in wars that time forgot, he now serves as the watchful brother of the world, the all-seeing Wings in the sky serving as his watchtower.
>>
>>80782596

>The Sinister Man

In the murky nights of the Cold War whispered tales of crypt keepers told of the hunting figure that filled their coffins. A man beyond the Black and White of conflict, beyond the Spy Vs. Spy antics of petty nations and beyond even humanity itself, The Sinister Man served as a grim horror a True Crime acting as a figure of bloody vengeance from any side. His inhuman visage belays his nature, reviving from any and all injuries as he enacts his bloody pursuit of true neutrality. Even among the eerie figures of the Cabinet it would take a Mad man to face him.

>Peter Cannon

When the billionaire boy genius left the ruined husk that would become Hub City, his mind raced for a Pax Americana. Across many worlds and many people’s, he screeched for this peace, until the Yogis of the Eightfold Way revealed an algorithm that struck him like a Thunderbolt. Now a true force of the Way of All Things, Peter lives unseen from above, a rock of finality, the hidden Watchman taking any and all action to ensure the peace he has envisioned.

>Spy Smasher

Fear, terror, insurgency, these are the demons that the Spy Smasher has pledged the purge from the four corners of the earth that adorn her chest. The latest in a sacred order spanning World Wars, Spy Smasher has mastered the ways of every intelligence agency on the planet, no diplomat, general or even Presidents power goes beyond hers in dealing with the highest threats foreign and domestic. Driven by a passion for control above all others, the Spy Smasher will end any threat, by any means necessary.

>Elijah Snow

The last avatar of a dead century, Snow serves as the hidden Fourth Man, the last line of defense between the Planetary Wonders and those who would threaten them. Whether from the Wilds within the world or Storms from beyond, Snow enforced covert action and an eternal watch from the duty he inherent from his sister in arms.
>>
>>80782634
Leading these forces is Dharma, a milestone in human lifeforms, the mists of past present and futures are opened to his every gaze. Seeing The World that is Coming, he overthrew his old master and formed the next iteration of the Sacred Order of Seven to deal with the Crises among us. From the Shadowspire, the hidden Axis Mundi of the world, the Cabinet of Shadows wages their eternal war against The Light while Dharma wages his own conflict with Tao, the face of all worlds, within their balance.

So how did I do?
>>
>>80760901
There was no such thing as Earth-0 until Infinite Crisis...
>>
>>80782093
Thats a really gross simplicafiction
>>
>>80782689
There was no such thing as Earth 2 until Flash of Two worlds.

No such thing as Earth 4 until COIE

And so on.
>>
>>80778240
Yeah I mean as far as visualization goes that IC step isn't clearly shown as 52 identical Earths. And his New Earth label is all the way at the bottom post-52 instead of alongside Post-COIE Earth.
>>
>>80783957
Point taken
>>
>>80782746
Seems like shit reasoning
>>
>>80782663
seems overwrought and like it's trying really hard to drop references, and yet I can't tell who any of them are for sure aside from Wonder Woman, are they mixtures of different characters?
>>
>>80786196
None of them are OCs. I didnt even make up the names.
>>
>>80782634
>Spy Smasher
>Not Balbo the Boy Magician
>>
>>80787971
Fawcett has tons of great characters, I had to pick one for the premise
>>
Fuck, I've got a lot of reading to do.
>>
>>80788438
hey good question, do we have reclists for all these proto dc companies?

I saw Wildstorm but Thats it
>>
>>80788556
I want to know this too. I know Golden age Plastic Man and Captain Marvel are held pretty highly on here.
>>
File: Darkseid_008.jpg (138 KB, 608x922) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid_008.jpg
138 KB, 608x922
There was a spiderman comic that explained the tiger force, anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>80796111
>tiger force
Amazing Suffering-Man?
>>
>>80796222
How is that distinct from any incarnation of Spiderman?
>>
>>80796283
he has a mystic tiger force
>>
>>80796341
No, I mean, as I understood it, every Spider-Man was Suffering.
What's distinct about his particular suffering that he above any other gets to be called Suffering-Man?
>>
>>80796750
He's Japanese.
>>
>>80796750
its a manga written by a japanese guy in which Spider-Man undergoes a truly absurd amount of suffering, with no moments of hope or goodness. Just failure after failure

also he literally has a mystic tiger thing he can summon
>>
Reading DC One Million, noticed that Morrison's comic from the future, JLA 1000000, tells you to turn the page almost every page
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 624x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 624x960
>>80797094
Meant to accompany this image
>>
Has the Wikiguide to Hypercrisis ever been updated?
>>
>>80797340
nah
>>
File: hypercrisis part 1.png (1 MB, 1338x4386) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis part 1.png
1 MB, 1338x4386
>>
File: hypercrisis part 2.png (33 KB, 1327x431) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis part 2.png
33 KB, 1327x431
>>80797846
>>
File: hypercrisis part 3.png (285 KB, 1310x1914) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis part 3.png
285 KB, 1310x1914
>>80797856
>>
File: swampthing.png (849 KB, 1813x1559) Image search: [Google]
swampthing.png
849 KB, 1813x1559
>>
>>
test
>>
File: hypercrisis joker.jpg (667 KB, 1275x1533) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis joker.jpg
667 KB, 1275x1533
okay that was weird
>>
File: hypercrisis joker2.jpg (747 KB, 850x1784) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis joker2.jpg
747 KB, 850x1784
>>80798017
thread stopped updating for a minute, even manually
>>
File: hypercrisis joker3.jpg (1 MB, 1500x3093) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis joker3.jpg
1 MB, 1500x3093
>>80798034
>>
File: 1457833076844.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1457833076844.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>80798050
>>80798034
>>80798017
more face fetishism
>>
>>80797923
I really need to read New 52 Swamp Thing.
Who else writes him as something other than "plant man with identity issues"?
>>
File: 87_4_0319.jpg (67 KB, 400x571) Image search: [Google]
87_4_0319.jpg
67 KB, 400x571
>>80798128
also I found this while trawling superdickery. yet more face desecration
>>
>>80798236
now that I think of it, has there ever mean any meaningful interactions between Joker and The Question?
>>
File: 1426387804344.png (91 KB, 1152x1274) Image search: [Google]
1426387804344.png
91 KB, 1152x1274
>>
File: 1437467037890.png (99 KB, 1677x1718) Image search: [Google]
1437467037890.png
99 KB, 1677x1718
>>80798502
>>
File: incarnations.png (77 KB, 1462x342) Image search: [Google]
incarnations.png
77 KB, 1462x342
>>80798516
>>
>>80798516
As someone who isn't massively into comics... What the fuck? Who writes this shit? What is it with cape comics and not being able to stick with a continuity?
>>
File: 1447238065044.jpg (2 MB, 2036x1565) Image search: [Google]
1447238065044.jpg
2 MB, 2036x1565
>>80798526
is there anything comparing how DC and Marvel's universes are both currently in their 8th incarnation?
>>
>>80798559
That's over 80 years of writing anon.
>>
>>80798573
How is Marvel in their 8th incarnation? How many resets has Mavel had?
>>
>>80798602
I'm pretty sure Age of Apocalypse and House of M each count as one, Age of Ultron counts as two,
I 'think' OMD counts as one but that seems a bit much for Mephisto to do without help.
Obviously Secret Wars counts as one.

Don't have enough encyclopedic knowledge to figure what the others were.

the main difference between them is that while DC resets are more or less a clean slate, Marvel resets are more 'restore last known good configuration' as befitting a machine.
>>
>>80798017
What comic are the Red Hood scenes from? I've read it before, but can't remember.
>>
>>80798826
Killing Joke.
>>
>>80798857
Really? Guess it's been awhile.
>>
File: 1453268304456.jpg (442 KB, 538x1280) Image search: [Google]
1453268304456.jpg
442 KB, 538x1280
>>
>>80799724
In Shadowpact, it was implied that the reason why Gotham is so fucked up is because there was an immortal evil warlock who lived underneath for millennium.
>>
>>80799755
did they say what he was doing down there?
>>
>>80799784
Being evil and shit.
>>
>>80799784
Sleeping.
>>
>>80800035
that despicable dastard
>>
>>80799755
Gotham is so fucked up because of the Hyper-Adapter
>>
>>80784986
All the earth names are added on after the fact, I dont see your point here.

>>80789383
Blackhawk, Wonder Woman and Spy Smasher too, and Dikto Charlton
>>
>>80760901
Do i really need to read Infinite Crisis to understand Multiversity?? I just bought it but i'm not sure if it was a good deal, not sure if it's good
>>
>>80803747
You do, and it's pretty good, but you can't view it alone, it's rather continuity dependent.
If you're confused on how things got the way they were on the first page, there's some lead up books titles Prelude to Infinite Crisis.
After IC, read 52. At some point, John's Green Lantern run comes into play, that's where Superboy Prime ends up.
>>
File: Hypercrisis - 0003.jpg (611 KB, 1322x3226) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis - 0003.jpg
611 KB, 1322x3226
>>
File: 1454546239393.png (99 KB, 1317x713) Image search: [Google]
1454546239393.png
99 KB, 1317x713
>>
>>80804364
I read Infonite Crisis solo, it works stand alone and in fact advertises a bunch of great books
>>
>>80798602
During Secret Wars, the multiverse was destroyed and then reborn, Earth 616(the 7th Universe) was reborn as Universe 8(signified by Iso-8 becoming a thing), during New Avengers, The Maker(aka Ultimate Reed Richards) summons Moridun, an entity from the 5th incarnation of the universe, while Galactus is the last survivor of the 6th Universe, which was also the universe of the 90's X-Men cartoon(as seen in the last issue of a tie-in comic for said show, which ended with said universe dying and transitioning into the 7th incarnation, complete with Galan of Taa becoming Galactus)
>>
>>80805677
Post that Galactus page please
>>
File: what's in this thread¿.png (125 KB, 298x420) Image search: [Google]
what's in this thread¿.png
125 KB, 298x420
>>80805677
ok, i need waaaaay too much context for this
>>
>>80805677
You need to start getting into a lot more details.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.