[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What actually happened after the movie that Spongebob started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: SpongebobDemise.jpg (367 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SpongebobDemise.jpg
367 KB, 1024x768
What actually happened after the movie that Spongebob started suck and not recover? I can understand that perhaps everyone after the movie was super tired so they half-ass'd the season after. But like I said, they never really rebounded and only tried bad celebrity voice-overs .
>>
>Spongebob acts stupid.
>Squidward gets mad.
>Patrick acts stupid.
>Squidward gets blown up.
>End of episode.

All of the creativity involved in the original Spongebob episodes just disappeared.
>>
File: postmovie spengbab.jpg (171 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
postmovie spengbab.jpg
171 KB, 960x720
>>63886700
>everyone is sameface
>constantly
>animation goes down a lot, spending most of the time on gross out still frames
>everyone is an unlikeable character (except for plankton)
>>
Because the current writing staff literally have no idea what people liked in the pre-movie era.
They don't get slapstick
They don't get sight gags
They don't know how to lean on the fourth wall

They just think that 'something bad happens to Squidward = comedy gold' and roll with that, usually chucking in needless gross out humor and attempts to be 'adult.'

The writing somehow managed to become both more immature, and completely inaccessible an unpleasant to children. It wouldn;t be so bad if writers like Casey weren't so smug and acting like they're making the best thing ever.
>>
>>63887033
>Casey
Mr.Enter was right. That is no way for any writer to act, let alone a cartoon one.
>>
>>63887146
I don't even normally agree with Mr. Enter, but he was right about Casey.
>>
>>63886920
What about Squidward?
>>
>>63887396
yea him too. pretty much all the passive characters are good just because everyone else is so fucking evil.
>>
>>63887420
Come to think of it, how has Sandy changed through all this?
>>
>>63887480
"HEY GUYS, IM A SCIENTIST! CHECK OUT THIS SCIENCE AND SHIT!" -Sandy, Modern Spongebob
>>
>>63887480
Pretty much a mary sue now.
Remember that episode that was all about how 'nobody's best at everything'?
Yeah you can chuck that out the window- Sandy is perfect in everything and almost always has to bail the sea critters out of trouble because they're so fucking inept.
>>
>>63887480
last time I checked she's a know it all dickwad. pretty much every sandy episode is her being a smartass and showing off her latest invention.
>>
>>63886808
I was watching a new episode this morning. It was Squidward centric but it was weird. Everyone seemed to be an asshole to Squidward for much reason. The whole point is that Squidward is an asshole that gets his comeuppance.

Like it was an episode where Patrick rents out his lawn so he could get a good neighbor (a weird premise in the first place). But like it could have been funny seeing Spongebob and Patrick not charge the new neighbor anything for renting, and instead just wanting a new friend, but then it would probably have to involve Mr. Krabs too. So instead the episode is that the new neighbor has the same pretentious taste as Squidward. But the neighbor thinks jellyfishing and bubble blowing are stupid, and the entire episode is Squidward trying to keep the neighbor away from Spongebob and Patrick being idiots. But they're aren't any gags. Instead, Squidward builds a fence around the neighbor, then a bigger fence, and then a stone wall so he doesn't hear the Spongebob and Patrick outside.

I feel like an older episode would just have Spongebob and Patrick meet the new neighbor right away, and annoy the neighbor with bubble blowing and jellyfishing. Squidward and the new neighbor would be sarcastic and stuff, but the new neighbor slowly comes to like Spongebob and Patrick to Squidward's absolute anger. Squidward eventually gets so fed up that he tries to kick the neighbor off of Patrick's property, only to find he invited his entire family to play with Spongebob and Patrick, annoying the hell out of Squidward. You get way more gags out of that then from Squidward keeping the neighbor away from Spongebob. I think that's the fundamental difference between old and new Spongebob. The new Spongebob takes the first idea that comes into their mind.
>>
File: 08&1ngt.jpg (31 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
08&1ngt.jpg
31 KB, 1032x774
>mfw people treat Mrs.Puff as a bad guy after 'Demolition Doofus.'

The little yellow shit deserved to get killed. Also he had perfect fucking driving in that arena, but the obvious joke would be his normal terrible driving would win the game for him.
>>
>>63887146
>>63887278
>yfw every episode he wrote was a desperate cry for help
>>
The creator wanted the made the movie as an ending and didn't plan on sticking around or making more seasons after it was done.
When he left everything that made Spongebob good went with him.

We've been over this in fact
>>
>>63887480
She forgot what karate was
>>
>>63886700
Everyone but the voice actors were replaced.
>>
>>63887480
They changed her name to "Sandy Squirrel"
>>
>>63886700
literally everyone left the show after the movie. it's a whole new creative team, it might as well just be a new show.
>>
>>63891470
>>63891384
rip
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.