[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cinematic Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo.png (53 KB, 314x150) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo.png
53 KB, 314x150
How would you handle the MCU from this point on if you were put in charge?
>>
>>80837303

Tie it in with the comics and end it with an incursion.
>>
>>80837303
Well, that depends. Do we have the rights to the Fantastic Four back? If so, definitely make Secret Invasion a phase at one point.

Either way...

>Stop killing villains so we can build up to Masters of Evil for an Avengers movie.
>Explore venues for a Marvel Horror imprint leading up to Midnight Sons, whether that means a Netflix set of shows or films. Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, All New Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, and Son of Satan are all potential series.
>Depending on the success of the above and the continued success of the Defenders, consider a Marvel Western "wave".
>Greenlight a Punisher Netflix series with Barracuda as the villain.
>Greenlight a Moon Knight netflix series.
>Explore options for a Howard the Duck movie or ABC Show. Keep the tone satirical, in line with Gerber's original vision for the character.
>Explore options for Kamala Khan.
>Integrate television and films better. The films SHOULD still be able to stand on their own, but include more open nods to the shows and characters appearing. Shows should, where appropriate, have tie-in episodes to films when something big enough happens.
>Film heroes should have about three movies to themselves before entering semi-retirement to make room for new franchises.

My biggest problem is, where do we go after Infinity War? The Infinity Gauntlet is kinda considered the endgame.
>>
After infinity they should do Heros reborn with new actors and new arcs.
>>
>>80837752
Assume that by the end of Infinity War, Marvel has rights to both Fantastic Four and X-Men
>>
If marvel got the rights back to xmen and ff. It would be sick to see onslaught as the new big bad.
>>
I'd start by blacklisting Whedon, so he couldn't get any more jobs in the industry.
>>
>>80837824
In that case... DON'T DO MUTANTS. The universe is too set up by this point to integrate them and their struggle in a believable manner. Import some prominent characters (Wolverine, Storm, Dazzler or Jubilee, the Shi-ar and the Brood, etc) that can stand on their own.

I'm on the fence about Deadpool, since he's most popular as an R-Rated hero. A Netflix comedy series?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 1000x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 1000x456
>>80837303
Hire better cinematographers and composers first. MCU is just so fucking bland it hurts to watch.
>>
The next phase after the current movies planned would introduce a few new characters in their own solo movies, but most films starring established characters would be joint titles, i.e. "Iron Man & Hulk" or "Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy." Emphasis on team-ups, move characters into unfamiliar territory in order to explore them in new ways. This would also allow the use of some "bigger" villains and hopefully give them a little bit more room to grow, as the starring characters have already been fleshed out and no longer need introductions.
>>
>>80837887
I think what X-Men needs is an incredibly high budget TV show. I do however think they should be mutants, just maybe not in the traditional comic sense. Maybe have some sort of virus that causes people to turn into mutants. Or have them already existed, but exiled on a lost continent somewhere with no connection to the outside world until the show starts.

Regarding deadpool, I think the best bet with him is to just announce that the Fox movie is canon to the MCU. Maybe have fourth wall breaking quip or something about it in the X-Men tv show.

On the other hand, for a movie series based on comic books, there sure is a lack of universe-jumping. Maybe have the deadpool from the Fox universe somehow make his way into the MCU and just play it off like its no big deal.
>>
>>80838051
I'm not sure I buy the exile idea, but mutants being a recent development could work. It would make the public fear a lot more real than if they'd been around since the 60's. It would have to be handled carefully to avoid a "fish oil" situation, but if mutants were just now appearing... yeah, it'd work. The people are panicking, the mutants are panicking, and no one is quite sure what their place in the world is.

My one caveat is that it's important that mutants gradually find a place in society. I would shoot myself if I had to tolerate endless movies about muh prejuices.
>>
>>80837303
Thanos kills half of the heroes and the universe at the end of Infinity War part 1
>>
>>80837916
I'm so amused by the amount of autists triggered by that shot and the fact that literally nobody outside of this place gives a fuck about it.
>>
>>80837752
>>Explore options for Kamala Khan.
Animated series. Too easy.
>>
>>80837303
I'd put Spider-Man in his own Netflix show like Marvel should have done in the first place.
>>
>>80838807
In Infinity War part 2 it's restored as a "new universe," all events and character actions we've seen from the mcu in the past happened essentially the same, except metahumans have been the norm for much longer and mutants, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four are already established.
>>
>>80838051
>I think what X-Men needs is an incredibly high budget TV show. I do however think they should be mutants, just maybe not in the traditional comic sense. Maybe have some sort of virus that causes people to turn into mutants. Or have them already existed, but exiled on a lost continent somewhere with no connection to the outside world until the show starts.
Marvel already has something like that. They're called Inhumans. Perhaps you've heard of them
>>
>>80838987
Yea except Inhumans is a shitty xmen knockoff.

Honestly, if I got my way. I would cancel inhumans, Agents of Shield, and end the current Netflix shows after the joint project, and give the potential x-men show the combined budget from all of those.
>>
Four simple things.

>Use the introduction of Zemo for buildup to the Masters of Evil

>Acquire rights to Fantastic Four, make Doom the Thanos of Phases 4 and 5, using Spider-Man to explore science and Strange to explore magic

>Introduce Norman Osborn, Oscorp filling the power vacuum left behind by AIM, Cross Tech, Hammer Tech, and Stark Industries leaving the defense industry

>Have Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange become the Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor of Phases 4 and onward
>>
>>80839188
I like this one
>>
File: 1446503719772.png (274 KB, 297x462) Image search: [Google]
1446503719772.png
274 KB, 297x462
>>80838051
>my plan is the turn the x-men into Inhuman knockoffs
>>
>>80839188
>using Spider-Man to explore science
So you presumably have the FF back and you use Spiderman to explore science?
>>
>>80838846
It's not about this particular shot, MCU has probably the most tasteless atmosphere in movies since Transformers. Even G. I. Joe has more heart than MCU.
>>
>>80837303
Hire real writers, real actors, real directors, and no executive meddling.
>>
>>80838051
>Deadpool Netflix
>He mocks all the Netflix conventions
>"The big green guy"
>YOU MEAN THE HULK? MARVEL COMICS GROUP THE INCREDIBLE HULK? DOCTOR BRUCE BANNER, BELTED BY GAMMA RAYS, TURNS INTO THE HULK?"
>>
>>80837303
Recast ant man he deserves better.

Sadly the only thing to really fix this is if Marvel got the rights back to Xmen and FF.
Mutants can open up the world becuse its a lot easier to explain than aliens giving me powers and for the most part its still earth centric.
And the off has the best villains.
>>
>>80837303
>Thor Ragnarok uses Thanos instead of Surtur or whoever as the fall of Asgard
>he shows up and kicks ass looking for the Tesseract
>Thor and Hulk teams up and gets stomped
>Loki joins in to fight for his life
>we finally get An intimidating Thanos as he takes out two of the team's strongest players in a single fight
>Odin teleports them away to save the day
>Thanos stands ready to invade Earth
>Guardians 2 explores Quill's backstory
>at the end, they realize Thanos is invading Earth and races there to warn the Avengers at the behest of the Collector
>Dr Strange's origin story
>as sorcerer supreme, he unlocks the pathways between worlds and is contacted by Odin and Thor, who urges him to regroup the Avengers
>at the end of Civil Wars, Steve is dead, the team is on the run, Stark takes responsibility and has given up being Iron Man, being held in the same prison he designed for the bad guys
>Infinity Wars 1- he's contacted by Strange but refuses to help, instead telling Strange to lead the new team, also giving him the info for new heroes
>Strange assembles his team
>Guardians arrive on Earth with an army of Xandarians to protect the planet
>unbeknownst to them, one of them is a traitor and has brought all the gems along
>Thanos descends to Earth, ripping the stone out of Vision and taking all the items as the avengers fail to stop him
>the team manages to retreat as Thanos takes over the planet
>IW2- all the original avengers assemble, Thor is now Runefather, Tony has Mark 500 or some shit, Steve is alive, they kick Thanos' ass
>The stones are flung into space, possibly into an alternate dimension with alternate actors, leading to a reboot of the MCU in ten years
>>
File: 1435965603232.jpg (10 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1435965603232.jpg
10 KB, 124x125
>>80845302
This is what I need in my life
>>
Sell all rights to DC and then retire to the bahamas for the rest of my life.

Marvel Universe vs setting myself up for a future of riches is an easy choice.
>>
>>80845436
>He doesn't know why Mutants are a thing
>>
>>80841986

I'd use the Fantastic Four to explore more of the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe, taking the Guardians of the Galaxy's place.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.