[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad was this? I've been considering watching it out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
How bad was this? I've been considering watching it out of curiosity.

Also, what would you want from a Fantastic Four movie?
>>
>>80835646
Well, it's kind of okayish. You watch it, it's meh but you watch it and then suddenly there's 'Doom' and it's over. And don't think it's a fantastic four movie, because it's not. It's so fucking hard to find a proper words to describe this thing. It's like a demo version of a movie with no middle act in it, simply unfinished. Kind of feels like you are watching a first and a forth episode of a tv show. It's not that bad if you just want to watch a superhero movie that's not a comic book adaptation. I'd give it a 4/10, but considering it supposed to be a F4 movie, the score is about 2/10
>>
>so bad people don't even want to talk shit about it
Wow. That's a new level.
>>
>>80835646
It's not good, but I recommend watching to understand why it's not good or just form your own opinion. My opinion is that it was just unfinished and could have been really good if they put more effort and time into it.
>>
a tank turret is thrown across the ground and just explodes and disappears
no debris
no smoke
just an explosion then nothing

>THEY DIDN'T EVEN CARE ENOUGH TO FINISH THE "SPECIAL EFFECTS"
>>
>>80835646
>Also, what would you want from a Fantastic Four movie?
JUST
>>
>>80835646
It spent way too much time on the origin and not at all enough time doing anything with its own villain.

As >>80835999 said, it's episodes 1 and 4 of a tv show.

There were elements of it that I thought were nicely done (the entire "body horror" segment was an interesting touch) and Reed actually using his stretching powers in a fight a la Luffy was fun.

But narratively speaking it was kind of a mess.
>>
>>80836013sage
If you want to know how shit this movie got, watch the Trankgate videos by Midnight's Edge on Youtube.

They'll stop you from wanting to continue real quick
>>
File: 1437443340629.jpg (1 MB, 1908x2521) Image search: [Google]
1437443340629.jpg
1 MB, 1908x2521
>>80836237
They hinted they were still working of the effects while at the SDCC panel, so it meant they were still working on it like a few weeks away from the official release.

I guess this really did happen.
>>
>>80836618
Considering how the movie turned out I now believe every production story that was leading to this
>>
>>80835646
I would just skip it. It takes like an hour before they get thier powers and the villain doesn't show up until the movie is basically over.

Might have been fine as a pilot to a tv show but as a movie it's garbage.
>>
>>80835646
I want Moleman to be the bad guy and invade the surface with giant monsters so it can be both a cape movie and a kaiju movie.
>>
It's kinda awful.

Like everyone says, at first you think it's fine, not great, but acceptable and then it piles up. Doom. The fight. It's not that it didn't look great, it didn't, it was profoundly unimaginative, that fight pissed me off with how awful it was. At that point the movie is bad enough to induce anger at the people involved in making it since it's clear that they didn't try very hard.

Good points:

The childhood beginnings of both the friendship and the tech. That should have been the tone of the whole movie.

That's it. Got nothing else.
>>
>>80836618
Here's a little secret about movies, they all are basically worked on until release. This includes effects and sound. I can attest first-hand that it does.
>>
File: 1438558605130.webm (365 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1438558605130.webm
365 KB, 720x480
>>80840531
>Here's a little secret about movies, they all are basically worked on until release

We know. And yes there's also the recent Terminator's trailers as an example. But at the point where they said they were still working on the special effects, they released a trailer with this in it. There's a difference between having to do a lot of fixes, and being so behind that something like this makes it to the final trailers.
>>
>>80840651
>>80840651
>they released a trailer with this in it
They released a movie with that in it. As bad as the effects were in general, that really stood out.
That and the Shredder after he got Gak attacked.
>>
>>80840651
Is tht shit for real? Looks like budget explosion from a youtube channel.
>>
It's like ironically four movies frakensteined together. You have this child-like 80s movie in the beginning, then you have this 90s science movie that then takes a Croenburg-esque twist, this weird "Fugitive" movie for like ten minutes, and than you have this 90s-super hero movie also thrown in there at the last minute.
>>
>>80841087

The movie just doesn't know what it wants to be and because of that it suffers greatly for it. My advice? Just find Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Somehow that movie is still the best movie with these characters. or the Incredibles which is the greatest F4 movie ever.
>>
I was literally a click away from watching it the other night and I opted against wasting an hour and a half on shit and I went to sleep. That's the first good night's sleep I've had in a while, thanks Fant4astic.
>>
Up until a point it's actually pretty interesting. I really liked the way they handled The Thing up until the finale when they just took away his character up until that point.
>>
>>80835646
Watch it with some friends and a few beers
>>
I don't feel like any less of a person for having watched it like when I watched The Last Airbender, but it's certainly not good.
It's not respectful in any context to the few good FF runs that exist and does nothing interesting storywise to make up for circumventing the source material.

It somehow creates a microcosm out of a plot that literally involves trans-dimensional travel. It does nothing with the setting, the evil militaristic element is awkward and clunky, and it no-sells some convention about family when no one has more than 2 interactions with each other and it's usually one being a dick to the other and the other is them apologizing half-hardheartedly.

It feels like a movie that Armond White would pretend to like just to be contrarian.
>>
It wasn't good, but it wasn't so much a bad movie as it was the scraps of what might have been a decent movie, if that makes sense. It's not like The Room where it's so bad that it's entertaining, it's just disappointing because you can see it might have been a mediocre movie if it wasn't hacked to shreds.

But then it's also only like an hour and half long, so it's not that painful to sit through.
>>
>>80835646

If you brought out the 2005 FF today and put it under the MCU label it would get +20% on Rotten Tomatoes and an extra 250mil. It has the same humor as most Marvel movies. People don't know what they want
>>
>>80835646
someone who actually understands them and Dr. Doom. Just read Hickman's work with them. He gets it.
>>
>>80835646
The lunatic science adventures of rick and morty and a focus on their family bonds as well as differing personalities.

After his writing on daredevil and his direction of cabin in the woods id say get Drew Goddard to direct. Think the guy has an understanding of character and setting up relationships that work on screen.

Have Mole Man be the villain but imply manipulation by the skrulls for a sequel.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.