[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spider-Women Alpha Unlettered Preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: DIG079552._SX640_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg (137 KB, 640x972) Image search: [Google]
DIG079552._SX640_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg
137 KB, 640x972
This issue is written by Robbie Thompson.

>The Spider-Event of 2016 is here! This April, Silk, Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen unite for a story too big for any one of their titles to contain! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at SPIDER-WOMEN ALPHA #1 – kicking off the epic 8-part universe hopping crossover! Blockbuster writers Jason Latour, Dennis Hopeless and Robbie Thompson are joined by a dazzling array of artists, including Vanesa Del Rey, Bengal, [s]Javier Rodriguez[/s] Joëlle Jones, Tana Ford and more to bring you a story you won’t want to miss!

>A routine trip to Earth-65 to visit Spider-Gwen turns into a nightmare as Silk and Spider-Woman find themselves trapped on Gwen’s alternate Earth! And they’re not alone! The villainous organization S.I.L.K. is on their tails, and they’re dead set on using these interdimensional interlopers for their own gains. Now, it’s a race against time to get home in one piece! But while these Spider-Women struggle to find their way back, who’s keeping an eye on their universe? Plus – Cindy Moon comes face-to-face with her Earth-65 counterpart!

>Don’t miss one minute of the excitement as these three wallcrawling warrior women swing into action in SPIDER-WOMEN ALPHA #1 this April 6!
>>
File: Spider-Women-Alpha-0[1].jpg (365 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Women-Alpha-0[1].jpg
365 KB, 900x1366
>>
File: Spider-Women-Alpha-1[1].jpg (353 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Women-Alpha-1[1].jpg
353 KB, 790x1200
Snippet Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/spider-mandate-lowe-delivers-a-state-of-the-spider-verse-address-part-2

>Albert Zalben: Lastly, you mentioned "Spider-Women" a few times, so what can you tease about it?

>Nick Lowe: It is so much fun to see Jason and Robbi and Dennis working on this. We had a summit some time ago where we really broke the story down, and what's actually happening is so exciting. Vanesa Del Rey finished with the art for the Alpha issue, and oh my god is it gorgeous. Jordie Bellaire is coloring it right now. We've got the lettering in today.

>We've got Vanesa, we've got Bengal on the "Spider-Gwen" issues, and that guy is a genius. We've got Tana Ford, she's sticking around for the "Silk" issues. Issue #6 of "Silk" is her best work to date, and if anything getting better from there. I'm so proud of the work she's been doing on that book. And Joelle Jones is doing the "Spider-Woman" issues. She just turned in her pages, and Devin has been jumping up and down in the office, so much so that I've had to say, "Devin. People work here." [Laughs]

>The story goes to some really intense places, and is going to really shake up all three of these characters, and put them in very different places. We have a great villain in it with Cindy Moon of Universe-65... But there's still plenty of surprises there.

>It's such a great story, and such a fast-paced, crazy event. But each of the books still maintain their individual identities, as well. So if you're crazy and don't pick up the Alpha issue, and don't pick up the other stuff, you'll still get a self-contained read if you want to. These books are incredible, so I hope people check them out.
>>
>>80805684
>Visit Sunny Latveria
>Palm trees
What fresh hell is Gwen from?
>>
File: Spider-Women-Alpha-2[1].jpg (454 KB, 1200x928) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Women-Alpha-2[1].jpg
454 KB, 1200x928
>>
File: Spider-Women-Alpha-3[1].jpg (313 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Women-Alpha-3[1].jpg
313 KB, 790x1200
>>80805707
Earth-64
>>
File: Spider-Women-Alpha-4[1].jpg (286 KB, 688x1044) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Women-Alpha-4[1].jpg
286 KB, 688x1044
>>80805724
Earth-65*
>>
File: Spider-Women-Alpha-CVBLee[1].jpg (259 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Women-Alpha-CVBLee[1].jpg
259 KB, 900x1366
Variant by Stacey Lee
>>
Action Figure Variant
>>
art shit
>>
>>80805772
It's Del Rey.
>>
>>80805750
>Not having her be the main artist

The main art is shit.
>>
>>80805950
Are you serious? The angularity and forced perspective is very cool, e.g. >>80805736
>>
>ultimate universe was destroyed
>flavor of the month with rapidly declining sales gets to keep her own universe and gets to hop back and forth between it and 616

ok
>>
File: SWO_Checklist.jpg (1 MB, 1750x1062) Image search: [Google]
SWO_Checklist.jpg
1 MB, 1750x1062
>>80805950
The Omega issue will be drawn by Nico Leon (Army of One).
>>
>>80805675
>But while these Spider-Women struggle to find their way back, who’s keeping an eye on their universe?
616-8?
Fucking hundreds of other heroes
>>
I'm only looking forward to the parts written by Robbie Thompson.
>>
>>80806002
I'd trade that for people not looking wonky ass fuck e.g. >>80805684 >>80805699
>>
>>80807263
They look completely fine, better than anime face
>>
>>80806520

616 will be fine, for all we've seen of 65 is a somewhat incompetent Captain America and a Punisher that's even more unhinged than 616's.

Then again, Gwen doesn't accomplish much either, so they might not miss her.
>>
>>80805708
Nameless baby wrecks Spider-Woman (Stacy).
>>
>>80805767
thats a nice mask
will he get a ongoing if i cosplay like him?
>>
>>80805767
>Male action figure variant for female-centric crossover

Wouldn't a 3-in-1 box set cover be more apt?
>>
>>80808966
Females shelfwarm. I just saw 2 Drew on shelves earlier this week and she is from a far back wave.
>>
>>80805767
>5poa garbage
>>
Is Silk worth reading?
>>
>>80805750
Holy shit jess looks Korean in this. Stacey Lee's art is just too damn cute
>>
>>80808927
Yes.
>>
>>80805675
yay. event. that sounds exciting
>>
>>80814830
Hey, I'll take it a small character-focused event over a "CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME" event like Civil War II any day of the week...
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.