[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody remember this shit? Anybody remember how it shut down,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: psp-comic-store-shutting-down.jpg (105 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
psp-comic-store-shutting-down.jpg
105 KB, 600x360
Anybody remember this shit?

Anybody remember how it shut down, all comics lost, explicitly no refunds?
>>
File: 18herbmlf8wtgjpg.jpg (54 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
18herbmlf8wtgjpg.jpg
54 KB, 500x279
>>80776458
I had the entire Civil War collection.

Yeah, I know It's probably for the best that it got lost.

But that's still a lot of shit to lose. Sony just sent an email one day saying "We're shutting down the PSP Comic store, no refunds, download what you can before we're gone."

I still use Comixology now, I think Amazon has definitely added longevity to it, but I think this event turned a lot of people away from digital comics.

PSP was a shit device to read on anyways. At least I can read my phone in guided view.
>>
>>80776528
Comixology was around back then. Sony should've cut a deal to transfer comics from your PSP account to a Comixology account. I never bought many comics off their service, but I was pissed at even losing the few I had.
>>
>>80776700
At least Marvel's digital platform has an option to link your purchases to Comixology.

Sony just made their money and jumped ship.
>>
>>80776700
>>80777135
That was Sony's biggest issue.

Nobody then bought digtal comics.

And if they did, it was on Comixology.

Sony pulled a Microsoft and reinvented the wheel by creating their own first party service. They should've just created a Comixology for PSP app.
>>
File: upermn.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
upermn.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>reading comics on a PSP?
>>
>>80777187
I read my Comixology comics on my phone cause I'm a moneyless collegefag.

But at least the HD screen and guided view make it readable. The PSP, even for 2009, had a shit screen.
>>
>>80777180
Even now, the 3DS and Vita are missing obvious features for a mobile device.

>Full Netflix
>Spotify
>Comixology/Kindle
>social media clients

Hopefully, the NX handheld will run .apks.

Doubt it.
>>
>>80777316
Holy sheit, yeah. I'd honestly go back to a dumbphone if a major portable gaming device ran Android.

My only wishes for the next Nintendo device
>Android
>decent processor/RAM
>decent screen

But even that seems too much to ask for
>>
>>80777316
The 3ds has netflix and hulu apps, though
Either way the 3ds has such shit specs that none of those would be enjoyable to use or do using it. Even on a new 3ds, why watch Netflix on a 240p screen when you have to go out of your way to find a phone with a screen that's less than 720p?
>>
Man, I remember being in high school and starting to get into reading monthly comics, getting the PSP app to read during off periods and being disappointed as fuck with the offerings.

I ended up just getting a PDF reader and reading shitty scans of shitty Dark Reign tie-ins all day every day.

If only I had the smart phones the damn kids have nowadays and Comixology, I would have bought a lot of comics.
>>
>>80777411
Wait, holy shit. The N3DS still only has a 240p screen?

Wow. Glad I stuck to my old XL system.
>>
>>80777449
Being serious, is Comixology used by anyone outside of Tumblr? I'm not even trying to be "Le SJWs!!!11".

Buyfags buy trades, casuals buy floppies, and 4chins and Ledditors just pirate cbrs.
>>
>>80777464
It has two 240p screens layered on top of each other for the 3d effect to work, so if you're retarded you might convince yourself that 3ds models have 480p screens
>>
>>80777464
The native resolution is 240p, but the screen size itself is larger or smaller depending on the model.
>>
the thing about the PSP deal is that they had their comic stuff with unique animations and what-not to offset you only being able to view it panel-by-panel.
>>
>>80777517
That totally makes since tho. 240+240=480.

Btw, can you download more RAM for the old 3DS?
>>
>>80777511
Think you got some of those things backwards darling
>>
>>80777526
I remember. I don't care that the screen shakes when there's an explosion, I just don't want to lose my collection a year after I bought it.
>>
>>80777599
Only idiots still buy floppies
>>
>>80777652
This
>>
>>80777511
Kids do buy a lot from it, at least relative to actual comic shops. It has the potential to be huge but is held back by pricing. Imagine kids with access to new comics for a fucking dollar!
>>
>>80777787
Comixology will never have new issues for a $1, which I can understand. Comic shops would implode and there'd be huge backlash.

What I don't get is why back issues are $1.99. I go crazy wherever a series is on sale for $0.99, and that's the only time I buy.

That should be permanent pricing.
>>
>>80777928
>>80777928
you wouldn't buy if it was always 1 dollar though, you'd always be able to fall back on the excuse that it'd always be that price

It's like me, my hobby is lego but I usually don't buy new sets unless there's some kind of sale or promotion going on or if I can get a set at clearance prices. If a set is 10 dollars and I get it for 5 then i convinced myself I made a deal by buying it for half of what it's worth, if the price was set at 5 dollars to begin with then the perceived worth is 5 dollarydoos
>>
>>80777511
I used Comixology until they stopped supporting the app on windows. Then I just read story times and saved myself money and time.
>>
>>80776458
>Owning a Sony handheld in the first place.
>>
>>80778087
The 2000s was a different time
>>
>>80778117
There was absolutely no reason to own one aside from muh graphics, though.
>>
>>80778394
Exactly

2000s was all about the graffecks
>>
>>80777511
My LCS uses their pull list site to handle floppy subscriptions.
>>
We warned you about DRM.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.