[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like cartoons? I mean as kids, why are we so attracted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Don't look now.png (153 KB, 776x716) Image search: [Google]
Don't look now.png
153 KB, 776x716
Why do people like cartoons?
I mean as kids, why are we so attracted to cartoons?
What makes them so special?
What is it that draws people towards the animated?
>>
>>80707570
there's no special secret reason people like cartoons, there are a bunch of reasons why people might like cartoons
as kids, we were attracted to cartoons because they were brightly colored and often contained humor/plot that we were interested in and can follow
when you're older, there are less cartoons that feature things you might enjoy like romance/drama if you're older than 12 years old and there are also more things you can do as you grow older
people don't actually give up cartoons when they age, they just focus on other things that they like for different reasons

there's nothing about the idea or the fact that something is animated that draws people in unless they are interested in either the art or the animation itself
>>
File: Skatin' Dog.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Skatin' Dog.webm
3 MB, 720x404
Cartoons are simple and easy to understand visually.
Plus you can do things in cartoons that could never be done in live action.

To a child, cartoons are the closest thing to magic in the real world.
I mean, that's how it was for me.
>>
because they're not real life.
>>
>>80707570
for me, its pretty simple.

cartoons are more exciting than live action television as a medium because events can occur in cartoons that would otherwise be at least difficult, at most impossible, to portray.

thus, television is more relationship driven, and cartoons tend to be more event driven.

most of television screen time is dialog, or perhaps a kung-fu/car chase sequence.

cartoons on the other hand may have dialog, but then have a bizarre event at any time, for comedic or thrilling effect.

everything ive said of cartoons may apply to anime, but it mainly depends on the genre.
>>
>>80707570
It's the same reason people like images of puppies.
>>
>>80708005
PS Except that with cartoon you can sexualize them without self-blame and project your stupid emotional needs on them.
>>
File: FAVAROOOOOOOOOOO.webm (604 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FAVAROOOOOOOOOOO.webm
604 KB, 1280x720
Cartoons are very accessible.
>>
>>80707570
I'm don't like normal TV shows. Too much stress for me and they handle topics I can't relate to.

Cartoons are safe and nostalgic and not cynic.
>>
>>80708729
ha, funny because I don't watch tv as I think it's mostly shit and takes itself too seriously.
>>
its fun
people get into many things that are fun
tv shows, comics, novels, music
cartoons are no different
>>
>>80708110
Female Space Dandy?
>>
>>80708816
Is Kaisar from Shingeki no Bahamut. Its a fantasy adventure anime. That dude is an ex knight turned bounty hunter. Its a fun show. I recomend it.
>>
File: 1308005221094.jpg (5 KB, 114x126) Image search: [Google]
1308005221094.jpg
5 KB, 114x126
>Adults shouldn't like ice cream because it's for kids!
>>
>>80707570

Because they were able to do things you couldn't do in live action without it looking like complete shit
>>
>>80708953

Is it just coincidence his hair kind of looks like Dandy's do?
>>
>>80709160
Yeah just a dude with a Pompadour cut. Lots of anime characters have them.
>>
A cartoon requires a person to sit down and draw it from their heart, exaggerating the important parts, filtering out the noise. I feel like that process captures more essential emotions than filming people for hours.

An actor is their own person off set -- they're wearing a mask, thinking about their real lives while they are acting. Whereas a cartoon character exists nowhere but in that cartoon and is completely invested in the events in the cartoons... and is therefore truly REAL.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.