[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the best examples of licence songs in cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
File: SBMusicFromTheMovieAndMore.jpg (49 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
SBMusicFromTheMovieAndMore.jpg
49 KB, 500x499
What are some of the best examples of licence songs in cartoons and movies? The only ones I can think of are the Regular Show and Digimon movies.
>>
Pic related seems to be the only show that plays or played actual songs. Why did they stop?
>>
File: R-1186827-1435600899-6905.png.jpg (146 KB, 599x594) Image search: [Google]
R-1186827-1435600899-6905.png.jpg
146 KB, 599x594
The majority of the Shrek series actually do have soundtracks that are great to listen to on their own.

Shrek
> All Star
> Bad Reputation
> Hallelujah
> My Beloved Monster
> Stay Home

Shrek 2
> Holding Out for a Hero
> I'm on my Way
> People Ain't No Good
> Accidentally in Love
> Ever Fallen in Love

Shrek the Third
> Royal Pain
> Do you Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio
> Immigrant Song
> Losing Streak

I do not have the Soundtrack for the fourth Shrek film.

Meet the Robinson's has an amazing soundtrack as well, especially considering I don't recall a handful of songs being in the actual film.

The Book of Life is great as well, I really like their Mariachi covers of songs, and I love the Wreck-It Ralph soundtrack for what it is; especially since they made a Buckner and Garcia song for it in the style of Pac-Man Fever, but that's not really an example of a licensed song.

I refuse to accept how good the Regular Show soundtrack is until they front the money for 'Hello Eileen'.
>>
File: 1452814272719.png (296 KB, 514x390) Image search: [Google]
1452814272719.png
296 KB, 514x390
>>80678103
>they actually got Motörhead to make a new version of you'd better run
>it's actually better
>>
File: The_Chipmunks_Grieve.png (159 KB, 426x333) Image search: [Google]
The_Chipmunks_Grieve.png
159 KB, 426x333
>>80678137
It's all about licensing. It costs an outrageous amount of money to have a show be allowed to play the song in the first place, as well as fee's for allowing it to play in re-runs, and then a fee for each time it's released on home media. Entire shows, such as Alvin and the Chipmunks and Muppet Babies have episodes that WILL NEVER get released for this reason, or the show just will not be released at all; and if it is, it will be hacked to pieces like Sifl and Olly or will be edited into a different creature, such as Daira. But Kudos on MTV for at least tying with those two, when a lot of networks wouldn't even do that.
>>
>>80678283
Oh shoot, I forgot about Meet the Robinsons. Little Wonders is still one of my favorite songs.
>>
OCEAN MAN
>>
>>80678137
They didn't stop, unless you mean cartoons in general.

Regular Show just doesn't do it as often anymore. The movie had like 3 songs and I'm pretty sure a recent episode had another licensed one.
>>
>>80678283
>I refuse to accept how good the Regular Show soundtrack is until they front the money for 'Hello Eileen'.
>'Hello Eileen'
I just recently saw that song title pop up on a google search of older songs, I instantly wanted to listened to it to see if they could use it on a kid's show. Is it SFW? It seems perfect, maybe on a future Rigby/Eileen episode, whenever that is. They haven't talked about them dating for a little while.
>>
>>80678364
isn't there a 30 second limit so you dont have to pay? or 15?
>>
>>80678364
WAS THAT FROM THE EPISODE WHERE THEIR CAT GETS RUN OVER

FUCK THE CREATOR OF THAT SHIT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: fantastic_mr_fox1.jpg (58 KB, 502x462) Image search: [Google]
fantastic_mr_fox1.jpg
58 KB, 502x462
Pic related is the best soundtrack composed of both licensed & original pieces that I can think of.

Then again, the 60's pop/rock songs are to be expected with Wes Anderson, but I loved the addition of some more folk songs like The Ballad of Davy Crocket.
>>
>>80679902
I'm not 100% sure of the whole law system, but I've never heard of that. I've see interviews with audio engineers on Hollywood films that say their studio has been fined simply for using a copyrighted sound-effect, so I'm doubtful that you could get away with that.

Although, I've heard something similiar about fair-use with Youtube videos, but that's a whole different legal realm. It confuses me as to why digital media has so many different laws. It's why Kingdom Hearts can't be downloadable for the time being; their licensed songs are only contracted to be released physically and somebody else owns the right to their digital distribution.

>>80679878
As far as I know it's SFW? Though I'd have to go and re-listen to the lyrics. I want is specifically for the reason you stated. I think the last time them dating was brought up was when Rigby got his G.E.D.

>>80679935
The 80's Alvin and The Chipmunks was some good shit. It didn't try to sugar coat anything.
>>
>>80678103
No love for the Venture Brothers?
>>
>>80678484
TAKE ME TO THE LAND
>>
>>80680051
>youtube
yea that's probably what i was thinking

>I think the last time them dating was brought up was when Rigby got his G.E.D
Probably, the Gymlonski episode? I'm glad they haven't pressured it, but it is a cute thing

>it didn't try to sugar coat anything
the only reason i have respect for them. it was just too tough on my little kid heart because I fucking love cats and have grown up with them all my life
>>
>>80678103
ITS WINNER TAKES ALL
>>
>>80680732
Band Geeks was overrated. I'm fucking being honest. I liked it but it felt like the ending went on too long. I was old enough to have a better attention span (I was fucking 12) and all, but it just felt kinda boring. Just because a good song plays over a good episode doesn't make it defining.
>>
>>80678103
OCEAN MAN!
>>
File: End_of_Evangelion_30.png (819 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
End_of_Evangelion_30.png
819 KB, 853x480
>>80680075
They don't need a discussion over how good their music choice is. It just is.
>>
obligatory Over the Garden Wall shout-out

And for real, the spongebob movie soundtrack is great. The Shins track and the flaming lips track kick ass.

Shrek's got some good stuff too, yeah--shrek 2's soundtrack introduced me to Nick Cave.
>>
>>80681387
>edgy
>anime
>>
File: LidB6X5i4.png (187 KB, 827x653) Image search: [Google]
LidB6X5i4.png
187 KB, 827x653
>>80680425
Link to the video?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.