[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we take a step back and admire how amazing it is that this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Cap_2_poster.jpg (402 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
Cap_2_poster.jpg
402 KB, 560x800
Can we take a step back and admire how amazing it is that this movie even exists in its current form? You would think Marvel would have emphasized on the wacky fish-out-of-water "Cap is from the '40s" jokes but there is practically none of that here.
>>
File: 1.jpg (38 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
38 KB, 640x640
This movie is pure mediocre.
The only reasons people like it is because it's not as shit as the other movies and the plot twist.
>>
>>80676906
>Can we take a step back
Why are you afraid of going forward, son?
>>
>it's amazing that a Captain America movie was pretty much what it should have been

I mean...I know what you're saying, but honestly no, I won't say it's amazing to just do something right

What's amazing is how often they do things wrong

>>80676946
Pretty much this, I thoroughly enjoy TWS and it's in my top 3 MCU flicks, but if I'm being honest that speaks less about how good the movie actually is and more how less good some of the others have been

I'm one of the rare people who like The First Avenger too
>>
>>80677052

Why is TFA always weirdly disliked?

It's a fun campy movie, solid action, and some great character and costume and design work
>>
>>80676906
I guess it was a combination of people not expecting it too be good at all and the spectacular work of directing and editing.
its a solid movie and im grateful it was made.
>>
>>80677109
It was a good movie.
people arent used to WWII movies anymore.
even if TFA didnt have much of it
>>
>>80677109
>Why is TFA always weirdly disliked?

I don't know honestly, when I watch it I always pretty much think "yeah, that's pretty much how to do a Cap origin movie"

I guess people think it's boring, not enough razzle dazzle compared to the others, but I don't see it that way
>>
I have a major boner for spy stories/military stuff in comics, so seeing TWS was basically everything I could have wanted out of a Cap movie.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
File: 1456777266222.webm (1 MB, 734x302) Image search: [Google]
1456777266222.webm
1 MB, 734x302
3 good action-pieces + mediocre cinematography + terrible script = solid 10/10 MCU flick
>>
It's my favorite superhero movie ever, just barely edging Spider-Man 2. They found the perfect balance between acknowledging all the continuity and keeping it accessible to people who just want a fun action movie while doing the best action and having the most pathos. They manage to make Cap and Falcon taking down three helicarriers, something that should NOT have worked, exciting. It also has my favorite themes (Falcon's and Winter Soldiers) and it got rid of SHIELD, more or less, which was very appreciated.
>>
>>80677109
I love TFA, but I think people's main beef is how the first half is a very strong period piece but the second half devolves into over-the-top goofy comic book action. I know people were disappointed in the lack of bite to the WWII scenes, too - no Nazis, no swastikas, it was all very toothless in order to appeal to a wide audience.
>>
>>80677327

For me, I just loved that the movie emphasized that being a hero is about doing the right thing, and not necessarily having superpowers. Especially when Cap gives the speech over the PA.
>>
>>80677302
>terrible script
People are going to shit on your for this, but you're right.

The pacing in particular is fucked. It spends the first act gearing up an action noir thriller with Cap and Natasha following clues around the world and...oh, no wait they solved the mystery in 15 minutes at their first stop so there was more time for ACSHUN

Well, at least this action is well-done and there's still tension because there's so much on the li-oh, wait. They did it, the program is stopped. Are...are Cap and Bucky just going to fight for 20 minutes solid now?
>>
>>80676906
>You would think Marvel would have emphasized on the wacky fish-out-of-water

and what did they gave us instead for Cap? NOTHING.

all he does is react to what happens around him, he is not a real character in that movie
>>
>>80677327
I wouldn't call it my favorite superhero movie but Cap is easily my favorite superhero movie protagonist. The score and the fight choreography were surprisingly good as well. Script was pretty mediocre but serviceable and I think those other elements carried it.
>>
>>80677109

From a story and a thematic perspective it is a complete mess. It's sloppy, bloated, and poorly paced.

There have already been numerous video reviews detailing the many issues the film's story has. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNAy7yCMyBw&
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.