[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching Jessica Jones. It was nice but the end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg (940 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg
940 KB, 2000x1000
Just finished watching Jessica Jones. It was nice but the end was a bit disappointing

Your thoughts /co/?
>>
File: 24-kilgrave.w750.h560.2x.jpg (90 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
24-kilgrave.w750.h560.2x.jpg
90 KB, 1500x1120
>>80562244

God tier villain though
>>
>>80562244
Garbage. Acting was shit, forced lesbian drama (Carrie Anne Moss' character was a straight white man in the comic) JJ was horribly, HORRIBLY miscast, and Tenant just acted circles around everyone the entire time. It felt more like a platform for political grandstanding than something like Daredevil, which was just a darker street level superhero show.

Oh and of course, let's not forget.

>We need to kill him!
>No we can't kill him!
>Kilgrave escapes, random person or forced gay couple dies.
>Omg we have to stop him!
Infuriating.
>>
>>80562388
Get some fucking standards, if that piece of shit is your definition of a "God tier villain"
>>
>>80562540
But its literally The Doctor as a villain, what more could you want
>>
>>80562441
>It felt more like a platform for political grandstanding than something like Daredevil,

Well if you compare it to DD of course its shit. I went in expecting that it will be complete shit to actually ending up enjoying some parts
>>
>>80562627
An actually menacing and complex villain for once?
>inb4 Purple Man is shit in the comics, so it's okay he's shit here too
Adaptations can make bad characters good, see Mr. Freeze. Tennant is just as shit as the comics Purple man.
>The Doctor
Sorry, I don't watch that kind of garbage for teenage girls.
>>
>>80562627
>But its literally The Doctor as a villain, what more could you want

fucking dorks wanking all over that mary sue show
>>
>>80562705

I felt that for Purple Man powerset and Jessica Jones kinda show it was apt. I mean she is a B Tier hero so a B Tier villain portrayed on that level was suitable
>>
>>80562627
I'm not a hardcore Who fan, but Tenant's Purple Guy is nothing like his Doctor.

The Doctor occasionally has grim'n'gritty moments to show us how sad he is about blowing up all of the Daleks. Kilgrave has some parents drama but is otherwise rape-happy Satan.

Tenant did a good job, but he was pure stunt casting.
>>
File: kill me.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kill me.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Atleast I could make a nice reaction webm from the show
>>
>>80562244
I liked it, but it wasn't as good as Daredevil and I hated Jessica, she was gross, unlikable and probably has a rancid and smelly cunt, she even wears the same clothes for the entirety of the first season. She was fucking disgusting
>>
>>80563205

I think that was the point
>>
>>80563205
Her being a disgusting, pitiful, self-loathing burnout was one of the major points of her entire character.
>>
>>80562658

But did DD have Twincest?
>>
>>80563233
>>80563255
I know it was the point, still doesn't change the fact I don't like her.
>>
>>80563312

Did you even read Alias?
>>
>>80564016
No.
>>
>>80564119
I forgot /co/ doesnt read comics
>>
>>80564225
Neither do you then, mate.
>>
>>80564265
Well yeah, I already stated it
>>
>>80564394
Then why bring it up in the first place?
>>
>>80564428

Just curious if anyone here did it read it and whether it was a good enough adaptation for them
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.