[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venom stand alone movie/franchise? Sony wants to make a venom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
Venom stand alone movie/franchise? Sony wants to make a venom franchise without colabing with spider-man. Could it work? Who do you want playing venom? I know for a fact i dont want another eric fucking foreman
>>
>>80459341
venom doesn't work great without spider-man, but i guess as long as they used other marvel characters they had the rights to, it could still work. i guess the plot would involve the suit acting strangely, not understanding its reproductive urges, reproducing, then watching in horror as the new symbiote becomes a mindless killer instead of a purveyor of brutal order.. so basically a carnage movie.
the actor just needs to be someone beefy
thing is though, will audiences really watch a movie about an antihero who isnt like, funny in some way?
>>
>>80459892
Venom was gritty 90s funny in some of the early stuff
>>
File: 1400077021312.jpg (47 KB, 247x372) Image search: [Google]
1400077021312.jpg
47 KB, 247x372
>>80459892
>venom doesn't work great without spider-man
>Hes never read Lethal Protector

Damn shame on your part
>>
>>80462992
>I've only read Agent Venom and love Ultimate Spider-Man so I think that's the only way to do Venom

These people too.
>>
>>80462992
>Venom is a spooky space monster that tries to help people
>Can cause trouble or terrorize without meaning to
>Slow on the take as to who the good and bad guys are

Unfortunately now that Disney is making Spider-Man movies for Sony I don't think they'll actually bother with a Venom movie.
>>
>Has spider powers and a shapeshifting costume
>Uses guns instead

Seriously fuck Venom. Why the hell do people think he is cool.
>>
>Venom might never be a part of the MCU and is probably going to be handled by the same people that made Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2.
Im not really sure how to feel about this, been a Venom fan is truly suffering.
>>
>>80463147
People think Venom is cool, Agent Venom is tacticool columbine call of duty trash.
>>
how can this movie possibly work?
>>
>>80459341
I love how quickly Sony forgets they're terrible at this and goes back to their old ways instead of letting Marvel take lead on these...
>>
>>80464656
James Gunn was right

Sony and fucking avi arad saw how successful Deadpool was and are now chasing the R-rated money train.

If they go through with this, then it's guranteed marvel and feige walk away from future collaboration. Arad is a cancer, but maybe Sony pictures is really that incompetent
>>
Back in the '90s New Line Cinema had the rights to Venom but not Spidey, so they hired David S. Goyer to write a script without Spider-Man. If I remember right, the script involved:

>Symbiotes come from a planet that includes spider-like organisms, thus the spider powers and symbol
>Eddie Brock and Cletus Kasady are inmates on a prison train that gets hit by the symbiotes coming to Earth
>Eddie bonds to Venom symbiote, Cletus to Carnage symbiote
>Eddie has to use his powers to stop Carnage
>>
Soooo we won't be seeing Venom in the MCU then? Because he's sort of one of Spidey's most well known villains
>>
>>80465716

Nope, Sony is doing a Venom spinoff out of nowhere that's not related to the mcu at all.

I don't get it, not shilling the mcu here but Feige is helping out Sony with their Spiderman film and also giving them the opportunity to pass some mcu characters into the mix without Marvel studios getting any of the earnings Sony will do out of this movies and all just to have spidey and his mythos on the mcu.

Sony is just running with the Rated-R trend to make a venom movie now, im all for a new version of Venom or Carnage to appear in film but the real problem here is Sony itself and their incompetence.
>>
File: 1455592633280.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1455592633280.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
Are capeshit movies currently having their gritty 80's/extreme 90's era? Now everything leans to the R-rating, the foul language, sex, etc
>>
File: 392140.jpg (269 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
392140.jpg
269 KB, 1680x1050
>>80462992
Lethal Protector was shit and should never be brought up again. Fuck face.
>>
File: 1438236403007.png (73 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
1438236403007.png
73 KB, 300x500
>>80466891
Lethal Protector was great and should be brought up frequently. Go back to sucking Flash's crippled dick you turd burgler
>>
>>80466924
I don't like that faggot either. Venom is a shit character.
>thinks Lethal Protector is good
I bet you love 90's comics, too. Fuck you. Fuck off.
>>
File: Pretty Cool huh.jpg (80 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
Pretty Cool huh.jpg
80 KB, 300x345
>>80467167
could have just posted an admittance of your shit taste and it would have read essentially the same way
>>
>>80459341
Agent Venom could work not Eddie Venom.
>>
>>80459341
I'd watch the shit out of a Venom movie but it'd probably be terrible. I don't know if Eddie Brock could carry a movie all by himself, and Agent Venom would just come across as Black Deadpool.

Maybe they'll just combine the two? Flash Thompson being the host but with Eddie Brock Venom's appearance and monstrous nature?
>>
>>80459341
The guy who played Sandman in Spiderman 3. Or Josh Brolin.
>>
File: 5lmYYiZ.png (474 KB, 773x283) Image search: [Google]
5lmYYiZ.png
474 KB, 773x283
>>80466891
>Lethal Protector was shit
>>
>>80459341
As others have mentioned Eddie Brock works as a villain (even though his motivations are fucking stupid), but not as a stand-alone character that can carry his own movie.
Agent Venom could work, but the problem is that Peter Parker is a teenager in the new movies, so Flash Thompson can't be an army vet that lost his legs.
>>
>>80468641
>Black Deadpool
How? Flash Thompson and Deadpool have actually been on the same team before and they're nothing alike
>>
>>80469156
The thing is there's already one movie about a wisecracking guy in a full-body costume who uses guns.

If they make a second one, even with it being Venom and the two having different personalities, they'd still be too similar.
>>
>>80469654
They could make him similar to carnage-man
>>
>>80463237
There's more to Agent Venom than that. The most interesting aspect is that Flash is best friends with Peter, but neither he nor Peter know of each other's alter egos. Spider-Man hates Venom, and Venom hates Spider-Man.

There is also his strained relationship with Betty and his dad. Betty doesn't know about his missions and thinks he's just away binge drinking for days at a time.

Still, needs Spider-Man to work. Fuck Arad.
>>
Im going to be Devils Advocate here and say i would like a movie based on Flash Thompson's Hero Venom
>>
>>80465298
No it's not. Sony intended to go ahead with their Venom and Sinister Six spin-offs when the deal was announced anyway. Aside from Spider-Man getting some goodwill from the Avengers effect, nothing has changed for them. They still need a bankable metafranchise of their own.

Feige and Marvel know this and are fine with it, which is why this Venom movie won't be canon.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.