[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>catching up on news >just find out YJ is somehow getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 19829839291.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
19829839291.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>catching up on news
>just find out YJ is somehow getting a 3rd season
g-good j-job, YJbros
>look up GLTAS
>...
I still have hope. I will return one day. If there's a show that deserves to come back, it's GLTAS.

I feel bad tho because YJ is bittersweet news. So, GLTAS thread.
>>
>>80350575
Its not. There was a rumor going round that if people watched YJ on Netflix that Netflix would pick it up, but it was just a rumor, nothing more. Weisman even said he knows nothing
>>
>>80350605
There's a campaign emailing Netflix about it and everyone is getting responses from reps saying they're looking into acquiring the rights and considering it. You can even try it yourself, just email their support team and ask where YJ season 3 is.

It does excite me because the show is apparently getting a very big following on Netflix, and we know action/serialized shows just aren't gonna work on network TV anymore. This could be the rebirth of the genre!

Also with GL, Volpe, the showrunner was fired and banned from working at DC ever again so there's no point to bringing it back with entirely different people.
>>
File: tumblr_moap5rjbNs1r16thao10_500.jpg (168 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moap5rjbNs1r16thao10_500.jpg
168 KB, 500x281
I don't care how many times I see it, the ending always gets me.
>>
>>80350695
>Volpe was fired and banned at DC ever again
Source or bullshit.
>>
>>80350695
>Volpe, the showrunner was fired and banned from working at DC ever again
Whoa, what happened? He always seemed like a really cool guy.
>>
>>80350722
>>80350731
You kidding me? There's no explicit announcment, you know people aren't legally able to talk about terms of their termination.

But after JLA: Trapped in Time came out, he started speaking up about how GL:TAS was screwed over in so many ways, and was explaining exactly what happened to the show. Shortly after he was suddenly fired, and we know DC has a policy about talking trash about the company in any way gets you banned for life.

He went on to work on League of Legends and now Star vs the Forces of Evil.

Let me see if I can find the tweets
>>
>>80350695
>firing BASED Volpe
Ew, wut?
>>80350858
Hmm, this seems rather speculative. But he *is* working on projects not related to DC.
>>
>>80350977
I remember there was a bit of a controversy around it and it wasn't very speculative. I'm trying to find some sort of source for it but because of contracts there's not much of him discussing it.
>>
Should I watch GTLA? How good is it?
>>
>>80351047
>Should I watch GTLA?
Yes, and as soon as possible.
>How good is it?
It's my favorite television show and one of the objectively best DC animated ventures ever.
There's a lot of edge from Razer in the first few episodes but it makes sense once you realize he's being edgy to convince himself he's angry, and the romance parts are a little heavy-handed but built up well throughout the series.
>>
>>80350575
It'd have to come back as a traditionally animated show. I doubt Warner Bros held onto all the old CG assets after the show was canceled.
>>
>>80350977
Here's one of the things he was presumably getting in trouble over:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/green-lantern-producers-comic-explains-why-animation-fo-1563036007
>>
>>80350977
>But he *is* working on projects not related to DC.
yeah because he got a job somewhere else

I haven't actually seen Volpe talk shit about DC at all, sounds like total bullshit that he was fired and banned for life
>>
File: gltas star.jpg (727 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
gltas star.jpg
727 KB, 1280x1280
>>80350858
>Star vs the Forces of Evil
>>
>>80350858

I think he's just done with WB. DC don't give a shit about their cartoons or the people that work on them.
>>
>>80351230
Another example of him baiting executives:
http://giancarlovolpe.tumblr.com/post/77042725815/ive-got-a-lot-more-show-ideas-if-anyone-is
>>
>>80351223
Not OP, but I wouldn't mind. The CG was okay, but nothing of value would be lost
>>
>>80350575
I have all the episodes downloaded on my google drive, could post them on synchtube sometime.
>>
>>80350575
It needs to return to Netflix. Ask the costumer service reps so they can stream it first. After that, bombard them with views.
>>
What are your favorite episodes? I liked Steam Lantern, the first time Hal meets the Star Sapphires, and Sinestro.
>>
>>80352074
I like the episode where Aya has gone rogue, and the team heads to the nearest planet and their rings run out of juice. So they all have trouble trying to understand each other
>>
File: green lantern the clone wars.jpg (456 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
green lantern the clone wars.jpg
456 KB, 1920x1080
>>80351223
>I doubt Warner Bros held onto all the old CG assets after the show was canceled.

Damn. That would be the thing that would actually make it attractive for a revival, since they wouldn't have to risk much money.
>>
>>80352673
as long as they brought back volpe and the cast i'd live with it.

but i LOVE cgi. imo it looks great and reminds me of The Incredbiles.
>>
>>80350575
I don't really care about YJ getting another season because it was half-shitty.
>>
File: sad frog.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
>>80350575
>YJ might be coming back
>GL:TAS is less likely, but not impossible
>BtB is stuck in the tax realm
>DC Nation shorts who?
>>
>>80353354
i loved all 3, they way the shows are engineered using cgi makes action better but faces worse. but it's progress.

netflix, get us half seasons of GLTAS and BTB and full season of YJ
>>
>>80350575
I hope Netflix manages to revive YJ. Not really because YJ was anything particularly great itself, but it might make Netflix more active about funding animated shows like it in the future. They're also collaborating with IG Productions for an original sci-fi anime.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/fanbros/giancarlo-volpe-vs-the-fanbros-show

Just listened to this podcast, Season 2 of GLTAS would have had Sinestro starting to scheme around and frame Hal Jordan. Hal goes on the run from the corps and the Guardians have John Stewart hunt him down before the two team up and take on Sinestro (who I assume will be yellow by that point).

And just going on the structure of the first season, there would have been another arc after that probably.
>>
>>80353743
First arc was gonna be Sinestro Corps.

Second one was going to be Blackest Night, with the Black Lantern army made up of all the characters that have been killed off in the show.
>>
File: aya.jpg (21 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
aya.jpg
21 KB, 350x197
>>80353743
>>80353888
>tfw can't have great things
>>
>>80352673
>filename

kek
>>
>>80350575
Can we agree that if YJ gets a new season to bother weisman and writers continuesly to bring back Wally?
>>
>>80356494
I want Wally to be the fastest.
>>
>>80356510
I just want him back :(
>>
>>80356494
You're assuming Weisman isn't being deceptive as fuck and not ended up stranding Wally into Impulse's future or New Genesis/Apokolips, or somewhere else.
>>
>>80356819
Its been a while, but I remember he received lightings to the chest or something like that. And his body stayed in the presenta time and place.
>>
>>80357423
The energy he was absorbing was supposed to make him "cease", according to the scarab. It never clarified to Jaime what it meant.
>>
>>80358573
I'll have to watch it again
>>
>>80356819
This is also what I thought about. Someone has to be there to warn everyone that the bad end wasn't averted, and it's Reach tech that's capable of time travel.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.