[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Build an X-Men Team!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: x-men_group.jpg (274 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
x-men_group.jpg
274 KB, 1280x1024
The rules: 8 members, and each team must have at least one character that fills each of the following roles:
Leader (obvious)
Psi (psychic powers)
Muscle (brick/heavy)
Kid (the Kitty Pryde / Jubilee / junior recruit X-Men archetype)
Villain (semi-reformed, in the grand X-Men tradition)

That leaves a few spaces open for characters which don't fill a specific archetypal role. ALSO: I WILL allow characters to fill multiple roles. M, for example, is Psi + Muscle.

Each character must be primarily associated with X-Men family comics, or a mutant. Please use 616 versions of characters, UNLESS the alternate version is a prominent character within the 616 universe.

I stole this idea/the rules from ComicsAlliance. While an often-shitty site, I thought it was fun.
>>
>>80292344
meh. i'm ignoring your roles and just posting my favorites
iceman
archangel
nightcrawler
wolverine
colossus

that's all you need. if they cant handle it you're fucked m8
>>
Guess I'll try to get the ball rolling.
Leader: Madrox. Because he seems to be pretty good at it, entirely by accident.
Psi: Nate Grey, semi depowered as in the late 2000s New Mutants run. Underappreciated, and I think there's some decent story potential for him.
Muscle + Villain: Juggernaut. That's Cain, not Colossusnaut.
Kid: Layla Miller, before she grew up. Kid-Layla and Madrox were fun.
Others:
Moonstar: Co-leader with Madrox; strategy falls to him, tactics to her.
Dr. Nemesis: Science guys are always useful, and he's fun.
Blink: Teleportation is nice, and she's cool.
Doop because Doop.
>>
team mai waifu:
Moonstar
Psylocke
Frenzy
Bling!
Omega Sentinel
Danger
Mercury
Monet
>>
>>80293268
even ignoring the roles an x-team without any psychics is a bad idea especially when there's so many of them around
>>
Leader: Cyclops

Psi: Emma Frost

Kid: Evan (Genesis)

Reformed Villain: Sebastian Shaw (last time we saw him his memories had been erased)

Muscle: (both shaw and evan have/can have extreme superhuman strength, and emma a little bit too in her diamond form)

Science guy: Nemesis, because Beast cant be saved

Claws + good sense of smell guy/gal: Rahne

Resurrected character: Banshee

Flying Brick character: Monet
>>
Cannonball as the leader, Hellion as the Psychic, Sunspot as the light hearted one, with these three being the main trio of the team

Glob Herman as the Kid and the Brick, Callisto as the reformed villain, then Marrow, Jubilee and Gambit.

My team is balanced as fuck in both power and personality
>>
Leader - Dani Moonstar, because Dani rules and it'd be nice to have a former kid finally lead a main team
Psychic - Karma, because there needs to be someone who all the worst things happen to (like failing to hook up with Dani)
Muscle - Colossus, for being so damn lovable
Kid - Shark Tits, because no other new X-kids have had any redeeming qualities in forever
Asshole - Hellion, always liked his wannabe Magneto Jr. attitude
Science - Madison Jeffries, because there's a lot you can do with his character and powers
Wildcard, Bitches - Blink, who barely cares about being a superhero and mostly just wants to hang out.
The Best One - Nighcrawler, who is the best one
>>
>>80293894
>Claws + good sense of smell
>Resurrected character
Two very important X-Men archetypes that were overlooked in the original rules
>>
>>80294028
Hellion doesn't actually have telepathy, just telekinesis.
>>
>>80294071
"Resurrected character" covers the majority of the people who have ever been X-Men.
>>
>>80294085
I thought we just needed someone with any kind of psychic power
>>
>>80294154
Ah, thought you assumed he could do both.
>>
>>80293894
>Reformed Villain: Sebastian Shaw (last time we saw him his memories had been erased)
I am genuinely surprised he hasn't shown up with this being completely ignored yet.
>>
Storm as leader
Jean as Psi
Colossus as Brick
Kitty as kid
Rogue as Villain

This is a somewhat alternate future though and when they aren't saving the world it's Colossus being coached by all the girls how to win Kitty's heart in their downtime.

Secret Wars also never happens in this reality
>>
>>80294207
Nah, I was thinking his unstable Tetsuo style telekinesis would work well on the team
>>
>>80294265
>>80294028
I also call my team being based in Louisiana at the Thieves Guild mansion. All these teams can't be at Xaviers mansion, and this is clearly an initiative to have X-Men teams all over the world
>>
>>80294263
what is spasibo
>>
>>80294263
I never quite understood why she was 'lost' in that giant bullet for a while...
>>
>>80294402
It's turkish for spaghetti.
>>
>>80292344
Leader: the X-man Cyclops.
Psi: Mirage, Emma Frost.
Muscle: Rogue, Cannonball.
Kid: Blink and Tempo.
Villain: Magik

I see Magik more like a wildcard than a villain.
>>
>>80294490
Because Whedon needed a forced tragedy.
>>
>>80294490
it was in whedons astonishing
iirc the evil aliens from breakworld shoot a giant bullet (yes, bullet, not missile) to earth, kitty was trapped inside the bullet, everybody thinks the bullet will destroy earth, but she phases the bullet through earth, she is stuck there until Magneto brings her back from a years light distance in his most bullshit power feat.
>>
>>80292344

>Leader

Beast

>Psi

Quentin

>Muscle

Iceman Prime

>Kid

Franklin

>Villain

Blob
>>
>>80294402
Thank you.
>>
>>80294562
>Leader
>Beast
why do you hate mutantkind
>>
>>80294749

fuck off Bendis

Beast has literally done nothing wrong
>>
>>80294562
>Kid
>Franklin
No way would Reed and Sue let him hang out with the X-Men.
That mansion is where children go to die.

>>80294784
Bendis mad is worse than ever, but Beast being a bitch goes back at least to Fraction.
>>
>>80294879
>Beast being a bitch goes back at least to Fraction.

I dont get all the Beast hate

He had a bunch inherited problems from Charles, then from Logan who only pretended to run the school, and then from the Illuminati

On top of that he was constantly trying to fix something unfixable, like m-day and phoenix stuff.
>>
>>80295016
There's just those scenes of him being a petty asshole for no good reason.
Honestly it happened to a TON of X-Men in recent years, but Beast probably gets all the hate for calling Scott out while he was literally carrying Kurt's corpse and for being the flimsy excuse by which Bendis forever cursed us all with the All-Old X-Men.
>>
>>80292344
>Leader
Domino
>Psi
Stepford coocoos
>Muscle
Warpath
>Kid
Molly
>Villain
Toad

6:Suaran
7:husk
8:Wolf cub
>>
>>80295239
>Kid
>Molly
hey good choice i forgot about her
>>
>>80295239
>Molly

Since its an x-book it would be likely drawn by greg land. are you sure you want to taint her?
>>
>>80293748
so tired of psychics. maybe just because all of those characters are terrible
>>
>Leader: Cyclops
You don't get more classic a leader than Cyclops. His reputation's been tarnished, but if anything, that just gives him more to prove.

>Psi: Psylocke
She also has a lot to prove. She wants to be on the side of angels, but she's constantly being enlisted in wet works teams. What will she do to turn over a new leaf?

>Kid: Anole
Kid's just happy to be a part of the team. He's always wanted to be a real X-Man. Granted, he wishes the team was a little COOLER...

>Villain/Muscle: Namor
If there's anyone who understands where Cyclops is coming from, and has to rebuild his image, it's Namor. IMPERIUS REX!

>Transportation: Blink
She just wants to help, she doesn't care for who or why. As long as she's making a difference.

> Weapons Expert: Domino
She just seems like a fun addition to the team. NEXT!

>Energy Manipulation: Sunfire
The asshole. He's prideful, but at the end of the day, his reputation has soured on a global level, and he needs to be out there. Doesn't mean he likes it, though. Doesn't get along with Namor or...

>Brains: Dr. Nemesis
The team's brainpower. He tends to instigate a lot of arguments between Sunfire and Namor for his own amusement, too.
>>
>>80295385
Honestly I just didn't know any current mutant that falls under kid category. Art isn't the worst thing that can happen to a runaway.
>>
>>80295797
>Art isn't the worst thing that can happen to a runaway
hopeless is

>>80295780
fully half your team is out to prove something / on a redemptive arc and the rest just seem to be along for the ride
i dig
>>
Magneto, Strong Guy, Armor, Blindfold, Madrox, Sunspot, Kid Apocalypse, Boom Boom
>>
>Madrox dupes get all the girls pregnant again
>>
>>80293268
>iceman
>archangel
>nightcrawler
>wolverine
>colossus

That's the begining of a good team, to fit OPs rules all you need is to appoint nightcrawler as leader, get psylocke as team psychic, for kid I suggest surge or armor, and for reformed villain... Pyro could be cool, I think. Also fits the resurrected character spot.
>>
>>80292344
>Leader
Multiple Man

>Psi
Emma Frost

>Muscle
Rockslide

>Kid
Armor

>Villain
Sabertooth

>Sunspot

>Banshee

>Rogue
>>
Rogue and Priotor Rasputin (Colossus ) have always been my go to, stronk, X-Men.
>>
File: images-2.jpg (13 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
13 KB, 267x189
>>80292344
>>
File: Ant-3.jpg (99 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Ant-3.jpg
99 KB, 1280x960
>>80297441

Thanks for the pic.
>>
File: fjngjrfng.jpg (323 KB, 1280x697) Image search: [Google]
fjngjrfng.jpg
323 KB, 1280x697
Storm
Rachel Grey
Colossus
Quentin Quire
Mags
Probably have Nightcrawler, some New Mutants (Cannonball and Dani), maybe a Generation Hope kid(The blue one). ok I did 9 suck my dick if I was doing this as like a team I'd like to write/read I'd take out the New Mutants and replace them with some more recent X-kid that I would find through I guess research

no points if you guess my favorite X-era
>>
>>80292344

Marrow
Blink
Negasonic Teenage Warhead (the movie one, not the dead one)
Spiral
Penance (back before that whole thing got six kinds of fucked up and she was just some yugoslavian bitch)
Jubilee (non-vampire version)
Dr. Nemesis

uhh

Does Chamber count as Psi?
>>
>>80297846
>Negasonic Teenage Warhead (the movie one, not the dead one)
best part of the movie
she and colossus better be in the sequel
>>
>>80297846
>Does Chamber count as Psi?

no

and the movie Nagasonic is just girl cannonball
>>
>>80292344
>Leader
X-23
>Psi (swapped for Magic)
Magik
>Muscle
Rockslide
>Kid
Molly Hayes (reluctantly)
>Villain
Shadow King, in control of the Hellfire Club who is actually just using him to steal all of his power for Selene
>>
File: Scott's Harem.jpg (695 KB, 2469x960) Image search: [Google]
Scott's Harem.jpg
695 KB, 2469x960
Too many rules. Posting what I would like to read about.
>>
File: Astonishing X-Men.jpg (1 MB, 3810x960) Image search: [Google]
Astonishing X-Men.jpg
1 MB, 3810x960
>>80298168
>>
>>80298168
>scott's harem
>not including magik, tempo and frenzy

bad
>>
>>80297975
>and the movie Nagasonic is just girl cannonball

Yeah, I know. That's why I picked her.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 300x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 300x466
>>
>>80292344
Cannonball - Leader
Rachel Grey-Summers - Psi
Warpath - Muscle
Jubilee - Kid
Tarot - Villain
Iceman
Bishop
Scanner

Younger team with most of the more experienced X-Men off either doing their own things or going after what amounts to the big threats (i.e. Apocalypse and things like that). For the other three, Iceman would be the veteran there to help out the team on the idea that him being a little closer in age would help them relate. Bishop would basically be back in the hard-edge cop/detective role. Scanner's the obligatory "character plucked out of obscurity" role and acts somewhat as Bishop's rookie partner.
>>
>>80298263
Because file was originally named Hellfire X-Men, following our brave villains doing despicable things. I renamed it at anon's suggestion.
>Magik
>Tempo
>anywhere close to Scott
Never. Those traitors deserve Lemire.
>>
>>80292344
Cyclops
Psylocke
Colossus
Hope Summers
Pyro
Wolverine
Rogue
Gambit
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.