[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Devise a scenario in which he could actually win
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: batman-vs-superman.jpg (108 KB, 550x819) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman.jpg
108 KB, 550x819
I know this will be a little bit of a stretch in places but I feel like he could actually win if it went down like this:

>Has prep time to plan it out
>Begins by orchestrating a mass breakout at Arkham so that Batman is worn down chasing after all his villains
>Secretly disables all Batman's anti-Superman satellites in space so that they don't work when he switches them on
>By this time, Batman will have deduced Superman is behind this. Superman hides in Fortress of Solitude to lure Batman out. Kidnaps Alfred and Robin so that Batman has to go, even though he knows it's a trap
>When Batman arrives in his armour, Superman ambushes him in a lead-lined suit to protect from Kryptonite
>While Batman is removing Superman's lead suit with a solvent, Superman calls in Cyborg to hijack Batman's mecha suit (I know this might be seen as cheating if Superman gets help but just bear with me please)
>When Batman ejects from his suit, Superman grabs him
>>
>>80264696
>Superman predicts Batman will attack with a burst of red solar radiation emanating from his costume (he had prep time to study Batman's actions), so he tells Batman that he is holding the extremely heavy Fortress key just above a button that, if pushed, will use a bunch of powerful electromagnets Superman set up in space to attract asteroids to Gotham City, destroying it. If Batman gets rid of Superman's powers, he won't be able to hold the key, and it'll drop onto the button
>As Batman pulls out his dwarf-star matter Batarang to knock the key away, Superman presses the button himself
>Batman is frozen by grief for a second, allowing Superman to quickly use the Phantom Zone projector to remove him from the universe

For anybody saying Batman will just reverse-engineer the Phantom Zone projector from the inside and make his way back, well yeah maybe, but I only wanted to show how Superman could at least win once, even if Batman does return for some other fight. Superman won THIS one, and that's what matters. Superman COULD actually beat Batman.
>>
>>80264696

I am no batfag, but in the upcoming movie, he has two possible advantages.

>He has infinitely more reason to take Superman seriously as a threat than Superman does him
>Lex may slip him Kryptonite
>>
File: Justice Buster.jpg (128 KB, 604x640) Image search: [Google]
Justice Buster.jpg
128 KB, 604x640
What are /co/'s thoughts on the Justice Buster?
>>
File: no youre not.jpg (423 KB, 1070x1346) Image search: [Google]
no youre not.jpg
423 KB, 1070x1346
>>80264696
>snythesize that gas that fucked superman's powers in man of steel
>shoot it into his face with a fake grenade launcher
>smash up face of untrained farm boy with your decades of martial arts training.
Actually kinda boring writing it out.
>>
your an idiot
>>
>>80265313
>I've trained in every martial art in every corner of the globe! Where did you train? On a farm?!

>I've actually taken a couple kickboxing classes at the Y. Don't be such a dick.
>>
>>80265313

This would work. I would believe this. There would even be remnants of that gas in the breathers the Kryptonians just left laying around that Bruce could buy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
>>80265056
This is bullshit. Superman would use Batman's reluctance to murder against him.
>>
>>80265313
>I checked
like guardian, like ward, I suppose.

As for the topic, supes could win just by flying up out of bats' reach and laserbeaming him to death. The ONLY way bats has a chance in hell of winning this is if he somehow cripples supes with kryptonite etc. beforehand, or kills him in his sleep.
>>
>>80265765

Superman doesn't know Batman is reluctant to kill in the film series.
>>
>>80264730
>Batman will just reverse-engineer the Phantom Zone projector from the inside

Fucking how? The phantom zone projector doesn't shrink you down and put you inside itself, it opens a portal to the phantom zone and chucks you through said portal. There's no way for Batman to reverse engineer shit because the projector does not exist in the phantom zone. Not to mention that kryptonian tech is so far ahead of Earth tech that unless Superman or some other kryptonian was helping him reverse engineering would be impossible.
>>
>>80265498
Except who knows he's weak to that shit? Two people on the planet, one of them is Superman, and the other one is his future wife.
>>
>>80266103
>future wife

Implying they aren't going to kill her off because of 'muh darker tone' shit.
>>
I'm still pissed Lois had red hair.
>>
>>80264696
If we're talking about just a scenario that's absolutely doable. Bats and current comic Superman gets transported to a planet that has only ever known the light of a red sun. There, scenario made, done deal.
>>
>>80266035
The phantom zone leaking criminals is every bit an old time comic staple as the helicarrier crashing.
>>
>>80264696
>Devise a scenario in which he could actually win

Superman rockets in at mach 8 and hits Batman so hard he literally explodes into a cloud of red mist and pulped organs.
>>
>>80264696
Thing is, this involves putting innocents in danger, which is out of character for Superman.

The real answer is
>Zip in and KO Batman at super speed
>Don't fuck around monologing and going "I AM NOW GOING TO FIGHT YOU IN CASE YOU WISH TO GET YOUR PREP ARMOR

Everything that involves a convoluted plan is retarded. Superman can move at Superspeed, Bruce's prep means nothing if Superman doesn't give him a chance to use it.
>>
>>80266558
I wanted to show how Superman could win in a realistic way, without having to dumb down Batman to make it work, anon.
>>
File: 4325050-2826208341-32780.jpg (269 KB, 659x1024) Image search: [Google]
4325050-2826208341-32780.jpg
269 KB, 659x1024
>>80266807

There's absolutely no "real" scenario in which Superman could lose against Batman. Kryptonite? Kryptonite's radiation has a finite area of effect, and that area just so happens to be "shorter than the range of heat vision".

Seriously, the notion that you have to come up with a scenario for Superman to win is pretty ridiculous, because it's Batman that's got the uphill battle.
>>
>>80264696

Look, all you really need is Kryptonite.

The whole idea of Batman fighting Superman directly is a REALLY bad idea from the get-go. Unless Batman has a Kryptonite-powered giant robot or something, you don't want to fight Superman head-on. He's better at punching than you! His whole powerset is being the best at punching!

You want to drop a Kryptonite nuke on him or something. You don't want to be in the same god damn zip code! It's why the Batman vs Superman movie looks so ludicrous; I mean, we saw what happened when Superman fought Zod. The two of them punched each other into space and created a meteor shower. They uppercutted each other through buildings, and Superman did a zoom-punch that levelled entire skyscrapers.

He did this without any substantial exertion on his part. Meanwhile, Batman - a fragile human - has to use grappling hooks or whatever to maneuver, while Superman can goddamn FLY. Just think about it; You're grunting and climbing and ziplining, and this guy is looking at you with a kind of pity on his face.
>>
>Superman hangs out with Batman as friends
>Play some minigolf
>Supes uses his x-ray vision to see which hole is the correct hole in the windmill
>Gets a hole in one
>Pats Bruce on the back
>Rips his spine out.
>>
>>80264696
You know Supes can just toss meteors at him from space, right?
>>
>ITT: People don't understand irony
>>
>>80265205
Superman ripped it apart with his bare hands. Sooo not effective.
>>
>>80264696
Batman lures Superman into space with some aliens that need help being liberated or whatever
while Superman is offworld, Batman accomplishes whatever he wanted to do that Superman would have stopped.
by the time Superman comes back, its too late, the deed is done as is the coverup to keep Superman from suspecting anything.

Batman wins. Superman doesn't even realize he lost.
>>
>>80264696
i can't tell if this is bait or if OP is stupid
>>
>>80269988
Can't tell how many layers of irony this is succ
>>
>>80265205
Even more dumb than Hellbat.
>>
>>80264696

>Batman and Superman are sitting in the Watch Tower having coffee
>"Hey, Clark"
>"Yeah, Bruce?"
>"I'm Batman"
>Lights all immediately turn into Red Sun lamps
>Kryptonite shoots out of hidden led lined compartments in the floor
>'batman starts beating Superman to death while screaming "I DID IT! I BEAT SUPERMAN. I'M THE GREATEST!"
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.