[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Rich the Leech says he's gonna be posting a shit ton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: CZWmORAWcAEl54H.0.0.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CZWmORAWcAEl54H.0.0.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
So Rich the Leech says he's gonna be posting a shit ton of Rebirth rumours throughout the day.

Please keep your whining about BC for another thread, this thread is for fun rumouring and related shitposting.

So far:

>I understand that as part of the rename/relaunch happening across the DC Comics line this summer, we well see a new Titans superhero team comic, dropping the Teen prefix, and spinning out of Titans Hunt.

>That current Titans Hunt book has seen a number of the original Teen Titans return, remembering each other and a time that was seemingly wiped from existence by the New 52 relaunch.
>>
File: dtccv871ds-copy.jpg (245 KB, 669x1029) Image search: [Google]
dtccv871ds-copy.jpg
245 KB, 669x1029
>Batman is one of the comics that will going bi-weekly at DC Comics, after the big relaunch, this summer.

>Look for its writer for the last five years, Scott Snyder to change his plans as a result, to leave the title that made him an A-List comic book superstar and start writing – the secondary Batman title at the publisher – Detective Comics.

>Detective Comics will remain a monthly title. The decision to switch books is more likely to be remove Snyder from the event driven nature of some modern comics and of the pressure of writing the lead Batbook, and DC’s bestselling title. He will be more able to do as he pleases with he character.

>Here’s the bigger question though; with Scott Snyder on board, will Detective Comics start to outsell Batman?
>>
File: Sil11.jpg (159 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Sil11.jpg
159 KB, 720x960
>We’ve been saying for a while that Top Cow owner and Image Comics founder Marc Silvestri was working on a new Batman comic book.

>And year after year, it hasn’t come close to being put on the DC Comics schedules, making us look a little like chumps.

>Well, I have been told that, as part of the DC Comic Rebirth relaunch project, that Marc Silvestri’s Batman will be one of the comics that will finally be scheduled. Possibly even for 2016!
>>
And of course, the classic

>I have been told to be careful about what I report regarding certain people being attached to certain projects. In that I understand that, just as with the New 52, some people are writing for an upcoming new comic book unaware that what they re doing is actually pitching for that comic – and competing with others for that gig. One person who I was guaranteed by some to definitely be working on a high profile book is not, I’m told, actually locked down on it yet and has competition. So I am treading carefully…
>>
>>79512076
I don't understand why he says "us" when it's just Rich who says any of this shit.
>>
>>79512088
>So I am treading carefully…
No you're trying to create an excuse for the fact that you're pulling all this shit outta your ass.
>>
Jesus, didn't Rich show up here the day of the Rebirth announcement and express regret at being a sensationalist that's eventually proven wrong? And now he's doubling down on a full day of this stuff?
>>
Am I in the minority saying that I like Detective/Action comics name better than the main titles? Too bad they couldn't keep the numbering.
>>
>>79512164
Just because he regrets it doesn't change the fact that that's the only reason BC exists at this point. If he stopped doing that then he'd lose all ad revenue. A clickbait site doesn't just go "we're going to stop making clickbait" and expect to maintain their userbase.

I mean, the only thing BC has going for them beyond Rich's "rumors" is their Avatar Press shilling.
>>
>>79512063
>Snyder able to write Batman without having to make every other story a big event
Does this mean we're finally getting some Black Mirror level shit again?
>>
File: 2011+5.jpg (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
2011+5.jpg
71 KB, 250x250
>So how is the publication schedule of Rebirth going to look for the upcoming DC Comics relaunch we have been going on about for an age?

>Here’s how it’s going to go, as far as I understand it.

In February, Batman #49
In March, Batman #50
In April, Batman #51
In May, Batman #52
In the first half of June – either Batman #Rebirth or Batman Rebirth #1
In the second half of June, Batman #1
In the first half of July, Batman #2
In the second half of July, Batman #3.

>All the books being relaunched as part of the DC Rebirth (and no, I don’t know how that will affect mini-series half way through their runs) will get a special Rebirth issue before their new #1. And those that are bi-weekly, like Batman, will get that first issue in the same month as their Rebirth issue.

>I have no idea what’s in it, or what it will mean. But I am asking.
>>
Can't this fucker just release all the news at once instead of his multiple clicks shit.
>>
>>79512388
But this gives him more of that sweet ad money from people who aren't blocking.
>>
>>79512388
Clicks are life, clicks are love.
I love when news website in my country puts headline with BIG letters because it's IMPORTANT.
Then in news you read "if you want to find out more, click here to go to some other site".
>>
>>79512396
>Not using Adblock
That's just silly

I really hope this gets superman some good talent and another editorial team. I'm currently reading 0 DC books and I actually like DC
>>
Tell me about non-Batbooks pls
>>
>>79512426
A lot of middle aged people don't use adblock, which is a huge audience for superhero comics.
>>
>>79512221

but black mirror was mediocre at best
just like his gates of gotham and all of his run on nu52 batman
>>
>>79512056
I assume we're going to get an actual Rebirth announcement from DC this week or maybe next then
>>
>>79512446
Kek there is some truth to that

I really hope DC makes an announcement on CBR or somewhere in between these Rich Johnston posts.
>>
>>79512426
I think we should make a petition to get Berganza off the Superman editorial.
>>
>>79512523
Someone needs to expose him as a sexual predator or something. DC will get some flak, but the quality of superman books will improve in the long term.
>>
>>79512446
Also somebody on cellphone.
>>
>>79512328
Oh God, calling the book Batman #Rebirth would be just stupid enough that I can believe it.
>>
>>79512445
Flash might get a new team since Van Jensen has said he's off

GL is probably getting a new artist, Venditti will probably stay

Sinestro is getting a new artist or maybe just cancelled
>>
>>79512523
Its crazy how someone who has had mediocre books after mediocre books for years still has this gig
>>
>>79512063
>and start writing – the secondary Batman title at the publisher – Detective Comics.

He says that like its a bad thing. That title gives writers plenty more room to breathe.
>>
>>79512542

>Venditti will probably stay

this guy ruined this series. why keep him, DC?
>>
>>79512533
He was exposed as a sexual predator years ago. All they did was demote him then shove him in a less public position while making it so he only works with other men to avoid another scandal.

Nothing will get Berganza fired. At best, he'll just get moved to a less important editorial division like Titans.
>>
>>79512557
Berganza already runs Titans. At DC it's "bat-family" and "other books."
>>
Holding out for E2/JSA news
>>
>>79512557
I thought he was already editing Titans
>>
>>79512539
Every book is being rebirthed. Batman is just being used as an example.
Here's how it goes.

- Final issue.
- Rebirth Issue.
- New #1 issue.
>>
>>79512557
>>79512570
>>79512576
He's been on Titans even before he was on the Supes line
>>
Uh..this sounds stupid. Batman is already selling high. Do they want it to sell in millions now? Marvel's relaunched titles are already selling low.
>>
>>79512582
>giving all the books a #1 when Marvel's latest attempt shows that no longer works
Granted a lot of those just continued with the same writers...
>>
>>79512603
New #1's is the name if the game, I hate it but... fuck do we know. If this doesn't pay off, I see some serious repercussions for Dan and the Gang,
>>
>>79512601
They figured "well Batman sells really well, so let's have it double ship so we can get twice as much Batman sales." Marvel did it all the time with Amazing Spider-man.
>>
>>79512221
>Does this mean we're finally getting some Black Mirror level shit again?

Is there a more overrated story here bros? It was ok at best. Jock's art really elevated it.
>>
File: rdibTslD-350x350.jpg (33 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
rdibTslD-350x350.jpg
33 KB, 350x350
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-tom-king-is-the-new-batman-bi-weekly-writer/

>As part of… whatever DC Comics’ new Rebirth relaunch is, I understand from multiple parties that Tom King, writer of Grayson, Omega Men, Sheriff Of Babylon, Futurama and The Vision comics, is favourite at DC Comics to take the reigns. When I least heard, it wasn’t quite locked down, but it was expected to happen by all parties.

>Ex-CIA operative King, though relatively new to comic books, has had an impressive run of work so far and is one of Scott Snyder’s gang at DC Comics. Tom King working on Batman while Snyder works on Detective Comics has been described to me as akin to Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen working in simpatico together on Star Wars and Darth Vader, basically in and out of the other’s pockets…
>>
File: rdibTslD.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
rdibTslD.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>Bleeding Cool was the first to report that Scott Snyder would be leaving the Batman monthly comic he has flourished on, as it goes bi-weekly and starts from a new #1 as part of the DC Rebirth relaunch project. And that Snyder will instead take on the also-relaunched-but-staying-monthly Detective Comics, also starring Batman.

>As part of… whatever DC Comics’ new Rebirth relaunch is, I understand from multiple parties that Tom King, writer of Grayson, Omega Men, Sheriff Of Babylon, Futurama and The Vision comics, is favourite at DC Comics to take the reigns. When I least heard, it wasn’t quite locked down, but it was expected to happen by all parties.

>Ex-CIA operative King, though relatively new to comic books, has had an impressive run of work so far and is one of Scott Snyder’s gang at DC Comics. Tom King working on Batman while Snyder works on Detective Comics has been described to me as akin to Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen working in simpatico together on Star Wars and Darth Vader, basically in and out of the other’s pockets…

>Indeed, maybe that’s the better analogy to make. Batman is DC’s Star Wars.

>Recently, Bleeding Cool also announced that Tom King was leaving Grayson early. Well, those new bi-weekly issues don’t write themselves…
>>
>>79512328

This doesn't add up. I bet the "Rebirth" issues are gonna be one-shot jumping on points. So the Rebirth issues will end saying "continued in Batman #53" or whatever.

I have a feeling they're cautious about rebooting their entire line, especially their long-running flagship books like detective and action. Flash and GL probably should though. They won't simply copy Marvel.
>>
>>79512629
Dickbats confirmed.
>>
>>79512630
>>79512629
>Batman stealing King from Dick
Fuck sake
Im assuming Batman will be more Batfam central now while DC is purely about Bruce
>>
>>79512642
With Damien, pls.
>>
>>79512601
>>79512603
Marvel's big problem with the relaunch was having Secret Wars in the middle. If your average casual reader who's only buying one or two books comes in and gets told the books they wanted had ended, they won't come back in four or five months for the new issue one.

If it had been set up as Final Issue, Transitional Issue, New Number 1 without skipping a month, you wouldn't have lost the cherry pickers and they'd have been able to follow it.
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630

But who's going to save Green Lantern now?
>>
>>79512629
>King on DC's biggest title, which would probably stave off Marvel's attempts to make him sign an exclusive
>But not on GL

I'm deeply conflicted about this
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630

Well it will easily be better than Snyder's embarrassing run. Shame Capullo was wasted on him.
>>
>>79512657
I cant wait to watch people like you turn on King, itll be hilarious
>>
>>79512654
>King on DC's biggest title, which would probably stave off Marvel's attempts to make him sign an exclusive
They should offer him Old Man Rogers or Bucky, not fucking Vision.
>>
>>79512678
>people like you

YOU DONT KNOW ME.
>>
>>79512630
This is it. This is when /co/ turns on King.

Either that, or everyone keeps trying to be the first one to turn, that /co/ as a whole just skips that phase and stays as Kingfags
>>
>>79512642
More like it is going to be Dick as a spy and Bruce as Batman working together probably.
>>
>>79512647
Happened with Snyder, might as well happen with King too.

>>79512678
I think it ready started yesterday.
>>
>>79512711
People like you will keep showing up in storytimes saying he's overrated, when his quality still shows, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>79512685
Given the fan reaction to Vision and how they're pushing it Marvel will probably offer him something bigger like with certain other writers assuming he doesn't just focus on Batman.
>>
>>79512678
>>79512711

Ok samefag, we get it.
>>
>King on Batman
>/co/ will hate him in a year
Fav this post
>>
>>79512711
Vision launched right when they announced Omega Men was done, people started to turn on him because it all fed into the company wars BS.
>>
>>79512652
Rob Williams. He's British. He's sci-fi enthusiast. He's writing cosmic level mindfuckery in MM (sorta). What more do you want?
>>
>>79512056
>Another fucking relaunch

Apathy abounds. At this rate just expect the big two to relaunch ever 2 years.
>>
>>79512063
Wow it never occurred to me that Snyder was somehow pressured to deliver these overblown events all the time. I just assumed he was obsessed with destroying Gotham every five weeks, and the Joker. Maybe he doesn't deserve all of the blame, after all.

I have no doubts that King could write a good Batman (I love Grayson, but I'm too intrigued to be mad right now), but the bi-weekly thing doesn't sound so great. He seems like a guy who puts a lot of effort into his scripts.
>>
>>79512736
For him not to be MEDIOCRE AS ALL FUCK
>>
>>79512759
Marbel are already doing it every 6 months
>>
>>79512761
Omega Men and Grayson go, that's two issues a month
>>
>>79512761
Well Omega Men is already cancelled and he's off Grayson starting next issue or the one after.
>>
>>79512774
You can't get any worse than Venditti and he's not mediocre. His 2000 AD work is the shit and MM is awesome. KYS.
>>
>>79512819
Dont try talk with GLfags, theyll just keep crying till Johns is back on the book
>>
>>79512788
Damn. I knew about OM but I was hoping he'd stay on Grayson. That's my favorite book. :(

I do want to see his Batman though. Conflicted.
>>
>>79512711
>This is it. This is when /co/ turns on King.
We already started turning on him. Didn't you see all the "Tom King is an SJW" threads?
>>
>>79512759
Yeah, Rebirth better be a big deal to spur a line wide relaunch.

This really has the potential to bite DC in the ass. We saw how quickly sales dropped for Marvel after their recent #1 fiasco. I'm really curious how LCS and causal fans are going to take it.
>>
>>79512851
Almost 500 post.
>>
>>79512869
I don't mind. Aquaman and JL #1 came out 5 years ago, I won't slit my wrists over that.
>>
>>79512851
Kink me.
>>
>>79512869
Yeah but that was one thread, and at least 70% of the people in there were going off-topic or making fun of it.
>>
>>79512869
Well people are already shitting all over Rebirth thanks to being told or assuming it's a line wide relaunch.
>>
>>79512884
Link I meant

>>79512851
>>
>>79512642
I hate to dash your hopes but Bruce is just now returning to the cowl no way are they gonna put Dick anywhere near Batman even with King as the writer
>>
>>79512897
Well that's disappointing
>>
>>79512819
Why is Venditti so great with Valiant titles but shit at everything else?
>>
>>79512894
>relaunch
You sure? I've seen people going all IT'S NEW REBOOT, AGAIN! AND WE JUST STARTED NEW 52! RUN FOR THE HILLS!
>>
File: Starfire_Vol_2-2_Cover-2.jpg (356 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
Starfire_Vol_2-2_Cover-2.jpg
356 KB, 900x1384
>I get stories from all kinds of sources. Creators, retailers, publishers, staffers, distributors, and people who just happen to be in the right place. Some I know the credentials, some their past stories give me confidence to run them.

>Well, this piece is from a new anonymous source claiming to have certain specific insight regarding DC Comics. And who, last week, gave me the credentials of revealing to me the final pages of two DC titles out tomorrow that I was just able to confirm with a US retailer.

>So, this person has demonstrated they have access to comic books before they hit the shipping process.

>That doesn’t mean they are telling me the truth. Joe Quesada once did that trick to me a fair few years ago… this could be Dan DiDio, Geoff Johns or even John Cunningham.

>So bear this in mind. But this person – let’s call them “Writer X” tells me that the following titles will be cancelled before the DC Comics Rebirth.

Batman/Superman
Superman/Wonder Woman
Grayson
Starfire
Black Canary
Midnighter
Doctor Fate

>More on what’s replacing them to come. I have also, independently been able to corroborate that at least two of those titles are cancelled.

>But I am also told, from other sources, that the main solo characters will be moved to headline other titles. Starfire to Titans, Black Canary to Birds Of Prey, Grayson to Nightwing, that kind of thing.

>Interesting games to play…. could the cancellation of Midnighter suggest The Authority comic to replace it? Now, that is just speculation… sorry.
>>
>>79512629
>Futurama

?
>>
>>79512918
More creative freedom?
>>
>>79512647
I expect it to line up with whatever Snyder is doing on Detective Comics
>>
>>79512582
Marvel's problem are the same shitty writers taking the reign's, so much so that some of DC writers are helping marvel in their slump.
>>
>>79512918
Because Valiant is a clean slate, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. On GL all he's done are pointless retcons, that's his biggest achievement.
>>
>>79512897
>https://desustorage.org/co/thread/79491479
By the time the thread was deleted, it already had nearly 500 posts.
>>
King is a much better fit for Bruce than Dick imo
He's a good writer but you can tell he was stretching himself with grayson
>>
>>79512088
>some people are writing for an upcoming new comic book unaware that what they re doing is actually pitching for that comic
I love how this is supposed to be a secret but he keeps bringing it up. Creative teams are unaware that they're only pitching the titles but Rich the leech knows this, furthermore, he's making this information public knowledge and expects this to remain a secret. Rich is so full of shit.
>>
>>79512926

Ok. So what books have a chance of avoiding relaunch? Do you think they're relaunch Superman and Batman but keep AC and DC's numbering? I collect Action and I'd hate to see it go back to #1 so quick.

I'm concerned Rebirth is going to turn into a jumping OFF point like Secret Wars was...
>>
>YFW Rebirth is about leaving the current main DC Earth and focusing on another.
>52 issues of that before focusing on another earth.

Don't lie /co/, you would love this.
>>
>>79512918
Lower standards from people that read Valiant?
>>
>>79512629
But I want him on GL ;_;
>>
>>79512926
They finally killed Superman/Wonder Woman
and Batman/Superman
good those books are terrible and mainly pad out superman's line rather than their own
>>
>>79513002
And I want to buttfuck She-Hulk but it's not to be.
>>
>>79512832
Nah nigga most of us are crying for King to take over

Johns seemed pretty burned out by the end anyway
>>
>>79512582
Wonder what Johns/Sciver are working on then.

I know he teased a Gary Frank collaboration when he quit Superman, that hasn't surfaced yet (not E1 Batman).

The obvious answer is Shazam, but that's been that obvious answer for 4 years now so fuck that.
>>
>>79512973
>I'm concerned Rebirth is going to turn into a jumping OFF point like Secret Wars was...

This.

All my LCS are currently getting hit hard because Marvel sales have tanked. Casual (and even some more hardcore) fans jumped ship because of Secret Wars.

Hell even the big Marvel guy at my store has stopped picking up Marvel and is going with a mix of DC/Image instead.
>>
>>79513024
I bet it's gonna be the central Rebirth book.
DC: Rebirth. It'll be the foundation of the relaunch.
>>
>>79513024
Maybe it was earth one batman?
>>
but the whole rise of the seven seas arc. if they are rebboting all how are they going to do it?
>>
>>79512926
>Batman/Superman
>Superman/Wonder Woman
Good
>Grayson
Oh DickBats or something akin 100% confirmed. Dunno how thatll tie into Titans tho
>Starfire
Titans?
>Black Canary
Either GA or BoP book
>Midnighter
RIP, I expect no replacement book
>Dr Fate
Khalid/E2/JSA pls
>>
>>79513037
Maybe it'll be the first Aquaman/JL arc
>>
>>79513037
Just like how all those Flash plans were dropped when Flashpoint came around. Remember Geoff had a shit load planned?
>>
>>79512076
It has to be a mini because Silvestri can't seem to handle deadlines, just look at his Hulk run,
>>
>>79513029
SW hasn't deterred me from Marvel but their BS transparency has.

So i've been reading maybe 3 marvel books and More DC and Image books.
>>
>>79513037
>rebooting
Stop that. Its a relaunch and RoSS is still possible under these conditions
>>
>>79513048
When is Rise of Seven Seas supposed to happen? If it's four issue story split in two books, there's time for it to happen.
>>
>>79512959
He wrote a novel about Dick
>>
>>79512926
>Batman/Superman
I don't see why they'd do it. It isn't selling too bad. They just need to get a better creative team, the art is boring and suck and Pak is a hack.
>no Earth 2
Yeah, no, fuck you. Cancel that shit and put the artist on a Plastic Man ongoing.
>>
>>79512926
Great. Grayson and Midnighter were my favorite books. And I don't want all those whiners to get Nightwing back, and I don't believe Dickbats will happen. Lame.
>>
>>79513070
>Plastic Man ongoing
You think it'd sell? Even with digital?
>>
>>79513070
E2 will just get a reboot/rebirth again probably. Just because it aint cancelled doesnt mean they arent going to overhaul it
>>
>>79513067
Unclear. Darkseid War ends in April so unless JL double ships or doesn't end in June I don't think there's time

Also Hitch and Johns said they were planning a JL/JLA crossover (fuck knows how or why though)
>>
>>79513081
If it launches in a month with very few #1's then I see it surviving until 12.
>>
>>79513099
Theres nothing to say Johns is leaving JL post-Rebirth
>>
>>79513099
>Unclear
Figures. Oh well, wait and see. As usual.
>JL/JLA crossover
Didn't hear about this. I guess lot of time travel would be involved.
>>
>>79512946
He got to do whatever he wanted, with GL too, and with it he undid everything that Johns did.
>>
>>79513129
Yeah that's why I suggested ROTSS might be the first Rebirth arc for JL and Aquaman
>>
>>79513136
Johns probably killed Venditti's GL husbando.
>>
>>79513160
We all miss Jack T Chance, that's no excuse
>>
This has been coming for a bit. Remember the "stop Batgirling" decree that came down from on high? This is the reaction to that.

Speaking of Batgirl, I'm curious if this means that Burnside is over. I'm love a return to the early nu-52 suit and a different creative team.
>>
Now that an ex CIA is writing Batman, will CIA be included as a supporting character in his run?
>>
>>79513172
Meat and potatoes? Ha.
And no, Batgirl expands into League of Batgirls with fan favorites.
>>
>>79513183
No
>>
>>79513070

>Cancel Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman
>Launch a new Biweekly Trinity book to try to get that Batman vs Superman money
>>
>>79513172
Batgirling was still working for Batgirl so i doubt it
They just meant stop doing it to every new book
>>
>>79513203
>>Launch a new Biweekly Trinity book to try to get that Batman vs Superman money

I'd be ok with this.jpg
>>
>>79513172
Why would it be over if it was semi-successful fir Babs? It just means DC won't try to apply it to other books anymore, where it failed to have similar effect.
>>
>>79513172
>Speaking of Batgirl, I'm curious if this means that Burnside is over.
I really doubt it, did you see Batgirl's new costume already made it into a DTV? They're not getting rid of that

I'm pretty sure the meat and potatoes is mostly in reference to DC's A-list characters and JL members, they gotta get back to basics
>>
>>79513183
For You.

Dr. Pawel.
>>
>>79513172
Remember the "stop Batgirling" decree that came down from on high?
Pretty sure that came from Rich too.
>>
File: 1985501-picture_3.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1985501-picture_3.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
>>79513224
>Batgirl's new costume already made it into a DTV

I'm sorry to hear this. I really just don't like the burnside suit.

IMO the early nu52 design was one of the best she has had in awhile. Really would love to see it or something like it back one day.
>>
>>79513325
I'm not fan of Burnside costume, either. She looks like car mechanic.
>>
>>79513325
>headcanon that Batman bought her that expensive-looking armored suit because he figured if she's going to fight crime she should at least have a greater degree of protection than a makeshift costume
>the only reason he hasn't replaced the one she has on now is because he has amnesia
>>
Next update please Rich
>>
>>79513433
>next news is about Crossed
Fucker is playing with us.
>>
>bi-weekly comics
That's fucking terrible. The art changes will be unbearable and writers will shit out mediocre scripts just to reach the deadlines.

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>79513172
>Remember the "stop Batgirling" decree that came down from on high?
Fuck off Rich. Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>79513492
Depends of the creative team.

There was a biweekly run of X-files comics back in the 90s that was GOAT and the writing/art never suffered.

As long as the new team knows what it is getting into and has the lead time needed, then it should be fine.
>>
>>79513492
They want to catch up with Marvel in the marketshare. In reality most Marvel books that double ship don't do it every month because of delays
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-rumoured-cancelled-comics-include-starfire-midnighter-and-black-canary/

So these books are rumoured to get cancelled.
>Batman/Superman
>Superman/Wonder Woman
>Grayson
>Starfire
>Black Canary
>Midnighter
>Dr Fate
>>
>>79513540
Gotta make space for Batman/Wonder Woman.
Diana, Justice bicycle.
>>
>>79513540

so all the shit ones, except acording to co grayson

good ridance nobody read those
>>
Pak is off Action Comics with 50

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544411787710464
>>
>>79513037
>reboot

Could you please stop this
>>
>>79513584
Fuck. I bet he's going Marvel Exclusive.
>>
>>79513584
Clark/Lee in #50, make it happen Greg.
>>
>>79513609
he's on Teen Titans, but
i doubt it'll even be a quarter as fun as Cho Hulk
>>
>>79513325
>>
>>79513635
A few days ago they said Teen Titans was being cancelled and reworked into Titans. So... fuck.
>>
>>79513609
I doubt it, he only started working at DC with Action and Bats/Supes and he's seemed pretty happy

Then again he makes it sound like TT is just one story https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/694544630591918080
>>
File: if only.jpg (29 KB, 695x184) Image search: [Google]
if only.jpg
29 KB, 695x184
>>79513584
The dream is not dead
>>
>>79513584
Is that before or after Tomasi Superman crossover?
>>
>>79513650
All the books he's on are getting cancelled.
>>
>>79513609
He was for a while and he has big plans for Rebirth according to Newsarama article.
>>
>>79513640
Nice.

I actually picked up the DCC statue based on this. Have it next to the Arkham Knight DCC statue that came out last summer.
>>
>>79513653
Tomasi will be on 51 and 52
>>
>>79513651
Get outta here Shit Landis
>>
>>79513692
You're thinking of Dan Jurgens.
>>
>>79513682
He says he's working on secret stuff and I doubt it's for Marvel
>>
>>79513704
As garbage as Landis is, Sholly's Action back-ups during Morrison's run were great.
>>
>>79513651
Goddamn that would be amazing.
>>
>>79513719
>Tom Taylor
>>
>>79513540
Only real losses here are Grayson and Midnighter, and I'm pretty sure whatever King does next will have them involved somehow.

I wish I was a little sadder over Starfire too, but the book really wasn't going anywhere
>>
>>79513735
Tom loves superman though, but I don't know if I want him on the main tittle
>>
>>79513792
A lot of writers love Superman
Doesnt mean theyre good at writing the character
>>
>>79513792
Yeah, I really wish Starfire was better plotted. It could have been a fun book.
>>
File: Batgirl_Vol_4-50_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg (318 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl_Vol_4-50_Cover-1_Teaser.jpg
318 KB, 900x1367
>>79512926
>Black Canary to BoP

I guess this confirms the theories based on Batgirls issue 50 cover? Maybe Camstew will get kicked too.
>>
Woops >>79513812 was meant for >>79513779
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630
oh god, the jasonfags on CBR are going to be insufferable
>>
>>79513540
I'll miss Midnighter and Grayson, that's for sure.

Starfire was pretty cute, but it was carried by Lupa's art. Now that she's off the book, I'm not that excited about it anymore.
>>
>>79512545
He knows where the bodies are buried.
>>
So, is this Rich guy a trusted source for rumors or is he more wrong than right usually?
>>
>>79513915
Are you new?
>>
>>79513928
Fresh off /tv/ train.
>>
>>79513915
The latter.
Plus, he's rather scummy in his tactics and reporting, often bending evidence to provide a point of view different from the actual perspective.

Plus, he steals stuff from /co/. And that's no good.
>>
>>79513705
http://www.newsarama.com/27782-who-is-wonder-girl-in-new-52-greg-pak-asks-in-teen-titans.html

No nigga, don't tell me wjat I'm thinking.

>Nrama: You said earlier that you're doing a "storyline" for Teen Titans. Does that mean you have something else lined up after that?

>Pak: After that, we have secret things on the agenda that I can't reveal yet.
>>
>>79513928
Been here for two years, but I usually don't come into rumor threads.

This Rebirth shit is making me curious though.
>>
>>79513935
>Plus, he steals stuff from /co/. And that's no good.
I'm surprised he hasn't made an article claiming Dickbats is gonna be back.
>>
>>79513640
This image would be really pretty if it didn't defy anatomy with the right breast pulling downward while it should be moving up at least slightly with the arm raise. This is what happens when you're raised on shitty anime anatomy.
>>
>>79512928
The best I can figure is that the was a Tom King who did art on issues of Futurama and The Simpsons comics.
>>
>>79514147
So he skimmed comic vine to see what King did, lol
>>
>>79514188
We in the biz call that in-depth reporting. It's a lot of work.
>>
File: pak.png (18 KB, 441x150) Image search: [Google]
pak.png
18 KB, 441x150
Greg Pak officially off Action Comics
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-rumoured-new-comics-including-the-super-man/

>The Super Man. Three words there, not sure what the separation signifies – something psychological? Of course, Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created a villain in a January 1933 story called “The Reign of the Super-Man” in an issue of their comic fanzine Science Fiction… could DC Comics be recreating that version of the character?
>Man Of Steel. In case you wanted reminded of that movie…

>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.

>Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps.

>Remember, I can’t personally vouch for these, as I have other stories. But they make a certain amount
>>
File: thisgonnabegud.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
thisgonnabegud.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>mfw today

I love watching big 2 fans react and overreact to their overlords' designs
>>
>>79514246
Alright Rich, spew out all the BS soon you click needing whore.
>>
>>79514288
>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.

more cruz yes
>>
>>79514278
Good fucking riddance too. The title was 1000% carried by Kuder, even the parts he scripted were significantly better written than Pak's.

I hope Kder stays and goes full W/A
>>
>>79514278
Pak is king mediocre.
>>
>>79514288
Stewartfags start sudokuing to death.
>>
>>79514288
>>The Super Man.

Sick of evil Superman
>>
>>79514288
>The Super Man
Clark Kent/Daily Planet focused book ala Gotham Central
>New Green Lantern
Ballsy move calling it that, I hope Cruz gets a redesign
John/Guy/Kylefags on Suicide Watch
>>
File: laughing pope.jpg (70 KB, 435x339) Image search: [Google]
laughing pope.jpg
70 KB, 435x339
>>79512926
>Grayson

The meme is dead
>>
>>79514288
The Super Man book will be written by Max Landis, just watch.
>>
>>79514288
Is Hal Jordan really that sell of a name though?
>>
>>79514288
>>New Green Lantern. Starring the current Power Ring from Earth 3.
>>Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps.
>Jessica Cruz starring in GL
>Hal Jordan starring in GLC
>Kyle and John fuck off and die somewhere
as god intended
>>
>>79514348
Don't worry, the meme will continue in Batman Bi-Weekly Shit Grayson

>>79514355
This makes an insane amount of sense
>>
>>79514355
His AA series isn't selling too well.
>>
>>79512629
The only good writer writing for Marvel is DC exclusive now
>Marvel already on suicide watch.
>>
>>79514372
Yeah.
>>
>>79514374
As long as his shit ongoing is cancelled, I'm peachy

>deadson
>>
>>79513853
Who is the black chick?
>>
>>79514375
Yeah but he's got that Screenwriter Cred, Big Two sucks off massively anyone who's ever had anything remotely successful in a "grown up" indstry
>>
>>79514373
Johnfags on CBR are going to go nuts. They can't cry racism this time, either.
>>
>>79514380
Why would you think he's going exclusive?
>>
>>79514373
>Maybe Tom King can have permission to kill off Kyle
>>
>>79514395
It's a man, baby
>>
>>79513853
>Maybe Camstew will get kicked

Valentine when please
>>
>>79514395
Frankie

She's basically Oracle
>>
>>79514420
>wanting Kyle killed off after he's just been improved
I wish characterfags would die
>>
>>79514398
I suppose, I do like his AA but I expected it to be much more successful.
>>
>>79514406
Writing a bi weekly batman is a full time job
>>
>>79514448
Start with yourself, Kylefag.
>>
>>79514399
>They can't cry racism this time, either.
They can try

I hope Baz and Cruz are in GL together
>>
File: 132525325235.jpg (115 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
132525325235.jpg
115 KB, 680x680
Can't wait for King to get ruined by A-list books that are getting bogged down by events and editorial meddling.

It was good while it lasted.
>>
>>79514406
Writing DC's biggest book=exclusive contract
>>
>>79514348
Eh, it's still gonna go down as a really good run, unless the fill-in writers manage to set literally everything on fire. It's gonna be one of those things that people will keep liking for years and years, like Dickbats.
>>
>>79514470
Can't wait for people to bitch about how he doesn't use narration boxes
>>
>>79514470
>Can't wait to start shitposting about King now that he's on A-list books. I've tried before, but it's easier to shitpost about an A list title, more people join in the conversation.
>>
>>79514466
But if I'm any GL characterfag I'm an Allanfag.
HEAT need to fuck off already, its been decades
>>
As great as the new GL book could be, it's going to fucking tank. Power Ring starring the title is not going to go over well with the general audience.
>>
>>79514323
>Action was 1000% carried by Kuder

So much this. It's so weird how people can spot Pak's mediocrity in every book he writes EXCEPT Action. For whatever reason that book has always gotten a pass on /co/.
>>
>>79514448
>not wanting him killed off after he's been fixed so that he can't be ruined again
It's the only way to be sure
>>
>>79514487
Yeah but that shit art... Black Mirror got carried by Jock and Francavilla, Dini had Nguyen and Morrison had Quitely, Stewart, Clarke and Irving (everyone with a modicum of taste looks down on Tan). It's not just the stories
>>
>>79514523
What? Pak gets a fucking pass on /co/ on everything he does. At least Action had Kudder on art.
>>
I wonder if Marvel regrets not having young Steve Rogers as Captain America now.

The only way they could've bribed King into an exclusive is if they gave him a Steve Cap book.
>>
>>79514559
Give him spiderman, avenger, agreed or even captain america.
>>
>>79514559
Steve's coming back, Spencer's writing both Cap books.
>>
>>79512629
>>79512630
Based CIA
>We haven't gotten a Photoshop of Tom King doing Bill Wilson's power stance.
>>
>>79514523
His Hulks run got a pass becase "at least it's not Loeb"
His Action got a pass because "at least it's not Lobdell"
Herc gets a pass because "haha he's bi and look at those sfx" which were the editor's baby anyway
His new Hulk run gets a pass because tits and ass
>>
>>79514606
kill yourself fa/tv/irgin
>>
>>79514543
This hating on Janin's art is a new meme, right? Never seen anyone hate on him outside of /co/. I like his art, it matched the stories really well. Mooney wasn't sensational but he was tolerable too. Don't know the new guy.
>>
File: tom king.jpg (37 KB, 297x628) Image search: [Google]
tom king.jpg
37 KB, 297x628
>>79514606
Close enough.
>>
>>79514380
and poor Marvel tried so hard with pushing Vision to make him stay. now they have to go find a reviewer on comicsalliance to replace him on some other title.
>>
File: gay.png (74 KB, 513x573) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
74 KB, 513x573
>>79512328
>All the books being relaunched as part of the DC Rebirth (and no, I don’t know how that will affect mini-series half way through their runs) will get a special Rebirth issue before their new #1.
>>
>>79512926
>Black Canary
yeah calling bullshit. Fletcher just did an interview with Newsarama where he said Black Canary wouldn't be affected by Rebirth and the comic is expected to last into 2017

http://www.newsarama.com/27762-black-canary-rocks-into-dinah-s-past-in-new-52.html

>Nrama: Do you have a long-term plan for this story? And where Black Canary would go from this point, at the end of the first story arc?

>Fletcher: Oh yeah. This has been a conversation that we, as a group, have been having for a long time. We've got exciting plans for Dinah through the next arc and into 2017. We just had a conversation last week — the editors and I — about things that will take Dinah through the rest of the year. It's going to be a lot of fun.
>>
I wonder what's Seeley's writing except for his Suicide Squad. With the emergence of King, he went completely unnoticed.
>>
>>79514643
>I like his art, it matched the stories really well.

Well, of course, both were shit
>>
and I have classes all day

Cmon good Legion and Tom King news. Show us where Wally is dammit!
>>
>>79514703
I wish he'd write The Flash. Maybe get Manapaul back on art.
>>
File: B6wgXqQ1uT.png (1 MB, 1000x1300) Image search: [Google]
B6wgXqQ1uT.png
1 MB, 1000x1300
>>79514643
Your lack of taste and/or knowledge is a meme
>>
>>79514516
If they just call it Green Lantern it'll do alright

If they can stir up some retarded controversy about Green Lantern turning into a Hispanic woman and get a good team on it it should do airtight
>>
>>79514716
inb4 Hickman Legion.
>>
RIIIIIIIIIIIIICHHHH. HEEEEEYY RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHH

Do you have some scoops about Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy?. Please tell me that a rebirth of Gotham City Sirens is in sight
>>
>>79514643
His art used to look awful if you've ever tried early JLD. He's great now though.
>>
>>79514703
If Batman is bi-weekly, I think both him and King will work on it.

Pretty sure they said they'll still work together.
>>
>>79514716
He just running around with his kids in the multiverse.
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/dc-comics-rebirth-peter-tomasi-is-the-new-superman-writer/
>Tomasi is the new writer on Superman.
>>
>>79514697
They might just relaunch it with the same team, or fold it into a BOP book
>>
>>79514726
Manapul has Aquaman Earth One to do. Get Scott Kolins on Flash.
>>
File: 1288191249324.png (41 KB, 386x387) Image search: [Google]
1288191249324.png
41 KB, 386x387
Yaaay more mediocrity

>This initially came from Writer X – read his credentials here. It’s not a “glamorous” casting as with Batman and Wonder Woman, but it makes be very pleased.

>Because I’ve been told that Peter Tomasi is the writer of the new Superman bi-weekly comic book, part of the DC Rebirth.

>He’s seen as a safe pair of hands, a journeyman, a veteran editor-turned-comic creator. But when I’ve read his comics, I see him more as an inventive creative, innovative storyteller. He’s a Grant Morrison without his reputation. With with Batman & Robin, Brightest Day, Green Lantern: Emerald Corps, the recent Batman: Arkham Knight and the creator owned Mighty I.

>And he does have a tendency to grab your attention…
>>
>>79514735
DC controversy doesnt sell as much as marvel.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.