[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ares caused World War 1 and it's up to Wonder Woman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: Was Buddies.jpg (177 KB, 1213x606) Image search: [Google]
Was Buddies.jpg
177 KB, 1213x606
>Ares caused World War 1 and it's up to Wonder Woman to stop it
And they say DC can't do fun
>>
File: 1441731508351.jpg (143 KB, 1044x1089) Image search: [Google]
1441731508351.jpg
143 KB, 1044x1089
>>79153401
>Ares caused World War 1
Are Americans trying to simply World War 1?
>>
>>79153401
>the God of War started a world war
>fun
That's called 'logic', anon.

Though don't expect them to do anything interesting with it. They're going to take the safe route where the only thing any of the good guys expresses on the subject is that war is bad, peace and love, yada yada.

Hollywood, like most writers at DC, lacks the balls to keep Diana to her original purpose of exploring social issues. And it'll be boring as fuck.
>>
>>79153469
Absolutely
The Germans will be the villains too
>>
>>79153529
Well they where
>>
>>79153469
>no zionist bankers in england

Shit image.
>>
>>79153469
Ares could be behind at least half of this.
He's probably only pulling the strings in the movie
>>
Some few notes on wonder woman

>Ares Caused ww1

Wonder woman couldn't prevent it

>Ares fueled ww2

Wonder woman couldn't prevent it

*Skips to modern day*

Wonder Woman tries to prevent world war 3. Ares promises rich business men into being powerful if he's fueled by the power of ww3
>>
>>79153772
>Wonder Woman tries to prevent world war 3. Ares promises rich business men into being powerful if he's fueled by the power of ww3
That's the animated movie. And kinda Perez's initial arc.

Although, to go on a tangent, frankly, Perez had the better conclusion. Just putting that out there.
>>
>Ares shot Archduke Ferdinand
>>
>>79153918

>yfw Black Hand/Glove
>>
>>79153738
But it would be a lot harder for him to be behind all the diplomatic shit that went on between the assassination and the start of the war.
>>
>>79153469
>>79153529
>>79153578
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGxAYeeyoIc
>>
>>79153511
It depends on how much freedom they'll give Patty Jenkins.
Monster was a fantastic movie, and pretty morally ambiguous as well.
>>
>>79153469
>Arms race
>Military prestige
>Social Darwinism

Ares written all over it
>>
>>79153469
No. If anything it will just be that Ares's machinations will be what led to everything listed there.
>>
Azz > Perez.

I want Ares as a mentor for Diana. Humans don't need gods to be violent. Ares is tired.
>>
>>79153578
>Germans
>Not Italy
>>
>>79155960
>Italy
>Relevant
>>
>>79153401
The period film element of it is already is turning me off
>>
>>79155949
You can still technically have that.

>Ares has a hand in causing WWI
>WWII is completely humanity's doing
>Ares: "Holy shit, guys"
>>
>>79156590
It was jews actually.
>>
>>79155949
>Azz > Perez.
Kill yourself.

>I want Ares as a mentor for Diana.
Though I do agree with this. Specifically, I'd like to see a combination of mentor Ares and master trolling Ares.
>>
>>79156743
Pleb taste detected
>>
>>79153401
Gorgeous Wonder Woman.
>>
>>79155949
>>79156517
>>79156743
I don't like the period setting either. I get wanting it as an allusion to Martson's boner for suffragettes, and will not be surprised if they make Diana an inspiration for suffragettes in this world. As much as I know the difference though, I fear people will just accuse it of being a TFA rip off.

Thinking the way I do exposes me to tumblr accusations of misogyny, but I like Batman the urban legend, and Superman the paragon of humanity being the ushers of the era of superheroes within their setting. Diana having existed almost a century before them, and being forgotten undercuts that as well as her significance, unless of course they do what I said and have her legacy be the emergence of the suffragette movement which led to the exodus of women out of the home.

With all of that said, I have heard anons try to fight between "Gods and Monsters" and the BAzz run as which should be used for the source material of this, movie, and I ask why not both. They both have great strengths that can be brought together to make an exciting Wonder Woman movie that also carves out a corner of the DCEU for Diana.

I think Ares being her mentor makes any later conflict compelling as fuck. I think an Ares threatened by the emergence of the 4th world also makes his motivation to foment conflict out of a sense of self preservation additionally compelling and elevates him beyond just being another mustache twirling villain.

Additionally, if you take advantage of Ares trying to protect himself by empowering himself, as well as he and Diana having a relationship beyond their being adversarial, her can be the one that warns her of a threat posed to her, the gods, and the world itself which can be what connects her to the broader DCEU, and eventually leads to an organic emergence of the Justice League.

Dumping that story a century before the rest of the League shows up though lessens the threat though for me. It works better today than during WWI IMO.
>>
>>79153469
>simply
What's wrong, smart guy? Can't spell simplify correctly? Hahaha!
>>
>>79156801
>Azz-fag
>talking shit
Adorable.

>>79157415
>don't like the setting
>like the idea of Diana fostering the sufferage movement
Getting some mixed signals here.
>>
>>79153578
>to-day
???
>>
>>79157549
>Getting some mixed signals here.
It's not that I like the idea of Diana fostering suffrage. I'm just saying that I think we should be ready for it to happen. It seems like something WB would love to do, and as far as I can see, the setting offers the easiest shot to highlight Diana's feminist roots. With that said, the setting is by no means a deal breaker. If the movie is good, more power to them. I will be a happy camper. I'm just not a far of how much it isolates her from the rest of the universe, beyond the point of isolation being a good thing IMO.
>>
>>79157697
>I'm just saying that I think we should be ready for it to happen. It seems like something WB would love to do, and as far as I can see, the setting offers the easiest shot to highlight Diana's feminist roots.
Okay. Seems fairly reasonable, actually.

>I'm just not a far of how much it isolates her from the rest of the universe, beyond the point of isolation being a good thing IMO.
It doesn't really isolate her per se. She's immortal after all. Nice that someone is actually doing something with that for once.
>>
>>79157847
>She's immortal after all. Nice that someone is actually doing something with that for once.
I completely get that, and personally I agree. The only problem I have however is that her existing pre-MoS contradicts with its premise of Superman being the first superhuman , and game changer with regard to the world before his emergence being otherwise indifferent when compared to ours. If they were going to do this, they should have planned better ahead of time.
>Wonder Woman solo movie set in WWI
>we're never going to get a movie with Wonder Woman and the Justice Society fighting against the Axis powers during WWI
IT'S NOT FAIR GODDAMMIT!
>>
>>79157946
>we're never going to get a movie with Wonder Woman and the Justice Society fighting against the Axis powers during WWII*
>>
>>79157946
>The only problem I have however is that her existing pre-MoS contradicts with its premise of Superman being the first superhuman
The first superhuman people know about. It's the early 1900s, and there's not much in the way of photo evidence or people being willing to entertain the concept of a super strong woman who can fly.

They'll probably play it like that, complete with snarky comment about how the first recognized superhero is a dude.
>>
>First Superhero is a Jewish skeleton who needs to save the Poor stupid brits and lolcowardly french from the Evil super germans who are somehow superior in every way to the Allies and who are backed by a probably British Ares, meanwhile, every single important Ally will be an American.

Like pottery
>>
>>79157946
>The only problem I have however is that her existing pre-MoS contradicts with its premise of Superman being the first superhuman , and game changer with regard to the world before his emergence being otherwise indifferent when compared to ours.
Blunder Woman blunders again. First she's added into a movie that doesn't need her and now this. The DC cinematic universe would be better without her.
>>
>>79158389
>and lolcowardly french
during world war 1? Pick up a history book you fag
>>
>>79157415
It could work with Ares being her teacher BUT also the God of War, helping war all around all time because it's his nature.

Diana doesn't really blame him for it but still has to try to stop his plans- and for WW3, it's Ares himself who ask Wondy to stop it because it's going to kill everybody and without people there isn't going to be War.

WW stopping the Cuban Missiles Crisis, maybe? And Ares the force behind the killing of JFK and MLK.

WW as the secret saviour of the world for the whole century
>>
Wait I thought WWI was caused by the assassination of Franz Ferdinand?
>>
>>79159650
Fusion between traditional Perez Ares and Azzarello Ares? Sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>79156683
Sure is awful /pol/ in here.
Someone open a window.
>>
File: fuck off pol.gif (885 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
fuck off pol.gif
885 KB, 375x304
>>79156683
Back to your containment board.
>>
>>79153401
>>79153469
>>79153578
>>79154178

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEUZ4rFiac

This shit makes me want to play CIV.
>>
File: 1269343533308.jpg (649 KB, 1329x1767) Image search: [Google]
1269343533308.jpg
649 KB, 1329x1767
>>79153969
all makes sense now
>>
>>79159802
>>79154178
The things that lead up to world war 1 is such a spectacular mess, a lot more interesting then the war itself.
>>
>>79159914
those meme balls sure are funny im laughing out loud so hard right now
>>
>>79153401
Where this pic come from?
>>
>>79159990
Injustice Gods Among Us
>>
File: 1452814829210.gif (885 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
1452814829210.gif
885 KB, 250x189
>>79159962
>meme balls
You are an awful person
>>
There were no bad guys in World war I.
it was a senseless, awful and stupid dick measuring contest.

Im going to be honest with you guys.
I try to avoid thinking about the First world war too much. Because I start crying like a bitch if I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY
>>
File: 1417234778007.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1417234778007.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
>>79153401
How many Wars did Ares cause?

...?
>>
>>79160155
All of them.
>>
>>79160114
>There were no bad guys in World war I.
See >>79153578
>>
>>79160155
I need to get back to reading this run. Lost interest after the #0 issue.
>>
>>79160114
Crybaby! Everyone look at the crybaby! You gonna cry, little baby? Hahahaha!
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.