[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, considering it's all finishing up on wednesday, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Secret Wars.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1521) Image search: [Google]
Secret Wars.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1521
So, considering it's all finishing up on wednesday, what has everyone enjoyed about Hickman's run at Marvel?

Also, delays aside, I think Secret Wars reads pretty well as a cohesive whole.
>>
...I am sorry to use the phrase, but it fits -

Epic Fail.
>>
>>78898665
I think the main storyline was rubbish but the 101 Battleworld comics were purest gold.
>>
>>78898665
I followed this from issue one, and I can safely say, Jonathan Hickman’s Avengers run and Secret Wars have been one of the most disappointing comicbook experience of my life. Never before a writer has so utterly failed to meet my expectations. It hurts, because I loved the concept of the story and arguably the whole first year, but then it just kept going, and going, and going, and going, sluggishly, plot point after plot point was set up and introduced months ahead was resolved in the most anticlimactic shitty way possible. Hickman was allowed to use pretty much every single character Marvel has to offer, and 90% of the time he left them stand in the background with their arms crossed, while the big boys explained all the cool stuff they were doing off screen.

All that for what? Almost 4 years of stories down the drain to set up a DOOM IS DA BEST fanfiction.
>>
>>78899078
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>78898665
I don't get it, how did it end?
>>
>>78899376
It hasn't ended yet. Final issue comes out on Wednesday
>>
>>78898665
I thought it was great really. Other than a couple moment, it felt like some really late silver age material.

The tie-ins were disappointing though and I was excited for them the most.
>>
I still have no idea what the fuck Secret Wars is even about.
>>
>>78899507
It's a secret
>>
>>78899507
Multiverse was on the brink of destruction, Dr. Doom managed to use Dr. Strange and the Molecule Man to steal the power of the Beyonders at the last moments, collect the last remnants of the multiverse, and refashion them into a world in his image, where he's God.

Some of the Ultimate and 616 Heroes and Villains survive, and start a rebellion against him
>>
well im not sure
joined somewhere on the middle of his avengers run, and i havent read anything before that, so i thought it was awesome

secret wars main was something for sure, it made no sense
but loved all the little spin off we got
>>
I don't remember the original Secret Wars sucking this badly. Shit happened in each issue, you know?
>>
File: cr.jpg (401 KB, 958x1500) Image search: [Google]
cr.jpg
401 KB, 958x1500
>>78899507
>>
There is so much about it to like in theory, but hickman sucks all the fun out of it. Amazing art though.
>>
>>78898665
It was easily the worst run in comic book history

>100 issues of nothing happening all leading up to a FF event where nothing happens for 3/4 of it
>>
>>78899887
lol. Yeah, that's one way to look at it. There was an awful lot of buildup for the event. Hickman's main issue on this run was he loved these huge threats and he'd writer himself into a corner-- X villain is so strong, can destroy the avengers, then he's left without a convincing way for the Avengers to win, yet they have to win, and as a result the conclusion feels a bit forced.
>>
>>78899507
Doom writes a fanfic about his perfect world, a group of ruffians lead by Richards finds and reads Doom's fanfic, they get pissed and start tearing up the pages while Doom tries to stop them.
>>
>>78900046
>a group of ruffians lead by Richards finds and reads Doom's fanfic, they get pissed and start tearing up the pages
Hickman didn't write the tie-ins

>while Doom tries to stop them
haven't got here yet, it's his henchmen doing the work
>>
>>78900046
This is actually what's most annoying about secret wars-- it is a fanfic. Why even care about these characters? They are literally doom's creations. Why not just live on doom world? Was reed richards really that buttmad that doom chose susan for his wife?

Honestly though, if I were doom, I'd have given Susan phoenix powers or something. Or have a harem. Wasn't there a what if story like that? Where doom had female loki and susan and another girl as his harem maids or something? It was only a page or two but it showed it.

Why didn't doom just keep the infinity gauntlet with him as opposed to leaving it lying around? You'd think he would've had thors scowering the world for all the cool artifacts right?
>>
>>78898665
That it ended.
>>
>>78898665
I'm looking forward to Everything is Doom LARP.
>>
>>78898665
>what has everyone enjoyed about Hickman's run at Marvel?
Other than the shitmanfags' butthurt?
>>
File: hickman.jpg (276 KB, 547x3664) Image search: [Google]
hickman.jpg
276 KB, 547x3664
>>78899376
>>
>>78898665
I avoided this like the plague for all 300 issues of it. When it's collected I might look into it.
>>
hickvengers is the best marvel run since cable/deadpool with fabian namehardtospell, or new x men by morrison.

self admitted dc fag, ive read a lot of marvel since 7th grade when the towers dropped but hickvengers and illuminati vengers and secret wars were awesome as fuck
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.