[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this score is so fuckin rad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: Untitled.jpg (115 KB, 1243x677) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
115 KB, 1243x677
this score is so fuckin rad
>>
>>78482761
It really is. I bought my best friend the soundtrack for Christmas and she lost her shit, it's both of our favorite movie soundtrack.
>>
File: 1311947803699.jpg (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1311947803699.jpg
92 KB, 400x400
>dat Phil Collin's sound track
>dat art style
>dat qt3.142t Jane
>dat cool ass tree surfing

Tarzan is GOAT
>>
>>78482761
>>78482911

Yeah it's pretty underrated. Tarzan's borerline cape, and that's an awesome thing to me.

Also his story isn't even far fecthed. There is this girl who holds the record for climbing up rock walls and stuff the fasted. Her parents research chimps and monkeys and she spent the first like ten of years of her life playing with monkeys, she learned how to climb as fast and effectively as them. It's insane.

Gorillas have been known to raise chimp babies sometimes too. So the whole idea of a human being left in the jungle and raised by apes isn't even that crazy. It could definitely happen.
>>
>>78482761
Is good. My 2D animation instructors worked with Glen Keane on Kerchak.
>>
>>78482911
>dat cool ass tree surfing

That god-tier animation was like crack to a young lad like myself, also fuck you Trey, Phil Collins rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WcHPFUwd6U

Anybody pissed off by this, we will never get Western animation this good ever again?
>>
File: sexual implications.jpg (45 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sexual implications.jpg
45 KB, 500x281
Tarzan and Atlantis were the first Disney movies I ever watched ever

Followed by Treasure Planet

>tfw I got to watch all the best Disney movies in theaters and had them on VHS and DVD before Disney went to absolute fucking ass.
>>
>we will never get a Patrick Bateman/Tarzan crossover
>>
File: 1_19_12_PhilCollins[1].jpg (138 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1_19_12_PhilCollins[1].jpg
138 KB, 360x270
>>
>>78482761
I WANNA KNOW

WILL YA BLOW ME
>>
>>78483384
That is the best training montage of all time

>>78483418
Time to go to the draw threads
>>
>>78483384
>>78483426
Trey was just jelly
>>
y'all niggas is twitterpated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6MYMx2o6E
>>
>>78483118
>Glen Keane on Kerchak.

You lucky son of a bitch, what school do you attend.
>>
There was a two month period where the upstairs neighbors played "You'll be in my Heart" on constant repeat. I'm not even joking, I wasn't working at the time and it just didn't stop ever. Day? No. Night? No. It just didn't stop. I got so used to it, I don't know when I realized it wasn't playing.
>>
>>78483463
everyone was upset when he won though
>>
>>78482979
I don't think it's the "playing with monkeys" girl, but check out Alex Puccio
http://imgur.com/gallery/bW9W0Ou
Please forgive me for the Imgur link
>>
>>78483776
Umm... Well that may have been me actually... Sorry bud, I was going through some fucked up shit and the song really spoke to me.
>>
File: 1419965626032.jpg (1 MB, 2811x3324) Image search: [Google]
1419965626032.jpg
1 MB, 2811x3324
>>
>>78487334
Huge tits? Gargling jizz? I think I'm in love.

Also Gaston just thrown right in there.
>>
It needed less comedy.
Fucking shit ruined the movie
>>
Why do people trash talk Phil Collins, is it some dumb shit where people can't separate art from the artist? I'll admit I don't keep up with celeb shit and I'm only 20 so I may have missed major headlines or something, but I think his music is great.
>>
>>78483384
Better than Randy Newman, I guess, but come on, those lyrics are worthy of nothing but eye rolls.
>>
>>78488242
SON OF MAN LOOK TO THE SKY
>>
>>78488250
In learning you will teach,
in teaching you will learn,
you'll find your place beside the ones you love

and all the things you dreamed of
the visions that you saw
the time is growing near now
it's yours to claim it all

I know they're children, but you don't see the dialog of the movie patronizing them this much. No style.
>>
>>78488294
My favorite is
>Son of man a man in time you'll be
Because of how fucking redundant it is.

But it does sound cool.
>>
>>78488306
The son of man is a boy, not yet a man.

Though the song sounds Biblical despite not being supposed to be because of it.
>>
>>78482761
Always seemed like an odd pose to end the song on. It's trailer material but in the movie it's odd.

Also the tree surfing makes it look dated now (Tony Hawk Pro Skater era). The truly GOAT moment is swinging using his feet, which no actor can do IRL.
>>
>>78488366
>looking straight into the camera
>>
TWO WORLDS
ONE FAMILY
>>
>>78487955
Because some people find his voice grating. I liked some early work in Genesis, but I have to watch this movie on mute. The songs were not fun for Disney movie, I think he was a horrible decision.
>>
>>78493864
You're not the son of any man.

Motherfucker.
>>
File: Oh Yes.jpg (87 KB, 950x720) Image search: [Google]
Oh Yes.jpg
87 KB, 950x720
Peter Gabriel > Phil Collins

Fight me
>>
>>78498131
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBIa8z_Mts okay
>>
>>78483415
Are you 15?
>>
Son of Man was probably one of the most inspiring pieces of music I've ever heard and really helped me growing up.
>Cue whole muh daddy left us sob story

But yeah, I never had a father figure growing up, but this song really helped, it inspired me to look up to the famous figures of the past and be the "son of mankind" and I really think I've become a well rounded and educated individual because of it.

Which is great, because my father is a bigoted, racist, conspiracy theorist living alone somewhere in New Jersey.
>>
The whole part from the start of Son of Man until he meets and saves Jane is one of the greatest animated spectacles I ever saw.
>>
>>78488294
>In learning you will teach,
>in teaching you will learn,
these lyrics are bad but maaaan I love this song
>>
>>78498131
No argument there, for a while Phil was /co/'s most hated composer, and if the old archive didn't get nuked I'd have found the threads as proof.
>>
>tfw will never be able to unsee
>>
>>78503092
You realize that's a thing, right?
>>
>>78503118
what
what the fuck did
>>
>>78501776
It must be a weird feeling to look at your father and not see any of yourself in him.

I got my love of cheesy 80's shit from my dad.
>>
>>78491667
LET FATE DECIDE
>>
>>78503184
I guess, I don't really have a frame of reference to judge it by.
Honestly though, he has no redeeming qualities, and I think I was probably better off for it.
>>
>>78503118
What's wrong with this ?

Both are cool respectively.

Boy you really spoiled... nothing
>>
File: Baltimora.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Baltimora.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>78482761
OH-OH-OOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OH
>>
>>78503234
He's trying to imagine what it's like to not know someone that has been a key part of his life and development, so try and think of something similar for you, something that, if you hadn't experienced it, or a person if you'd not met, would have fundamentally changed who you are now.
It's sort of like sehnsucht, it's a sort of deep longing for someone or something you love, but cannot ever achieve or reconcile.
>>
The fight vs Sabor was cool as fuck, wish it lasted longer.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.