[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watching "Lupe's Revenge" on Adult Swim Man,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 92916.png (74 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
92916.png
74 KB, 320x240
>Watching "Lupe's Revenge" on Adult Swim

Man, Peggy's a arrogant bitch isn't she?
>>
>>78477627
>Man, Peggy's a arrogant bitch isn't she?
she just wants to do something right for gods sake. yeah, she doesnt know spanish but acts like she does. yeah, she fucked up. but she isnt a bad person, and i dont get the hate for her on this board

i got a friend that just watched silver linings playbook for the first time. fucking asshole always says his stupid ass opinions all the time. said to me
>i dont get these characters
>they are just unlikeable
they fucking have problems, one is angry half the time and the other one craves attention. do you hate an autistic person for being stupid? no, fuck you.

god this peggy is shit meme is old. learn to be more sympathetic and understanding
>>
Peggy's just dumb and prideful. Great character/antagonist though.

I will never understand /co/'s hatred of flawed characters. They can't seem to separate the idea of a bad person and a bad character.
>>
>>78477720
We want characters that we love to hate. Not stupid cunts that you would probably set on fire in real life.
>>
>>78477720
I think the issue with Peggy is she always gets away with it too.
Yeah she's prideful arrogant ass, that's the point, if you're not an idiot you get they're supposed to be negative and comedic qualities.
What gets annoying is every episode pretty much ends with Hank bailing her out or her weaseling her way out or even being expected to sympathize and forgive her. And that might be okay if she realized her error but it typically also ends with her reaffirming her delusion.
>>
>>78477627
The lady cop was even worse.
>>
>>78477720
>>78477828
Also usually I'm fine with characters that are terrible people as long as they get their just desserts in the end. She never got hers. She should've been thrown in fucking prison from this episode but no matter how fucking terrible she can be she never gets punished for it.
>>
>>78477680
I agree Peggy is a good character but shit person, but it wasn't only

>she doesnt know spanish but acts like she does

She wants to be THE BEST at Spanish. She thinks she already is so fluent in it that she tunes the advice of everyone else out, and more than once, including in this episode, mentioned that she thinks she knows the language better than the native speakers.

I think even people who generally like Peggy might find that level of stupidity/arrogance over the top in that episode. I have no problems with it, but this is really one of those where her negative traits are exaggerated, for better or worse.
>>
>>78477899
She didn't mean to kidnap the girl.
>>
>>78477627
En espaƱol, por favor!
>>
>>78478085
En espanole, por fayvor.
>>
>>78477627
>Watching " La venganza de Lupe " en Adult Swim

Hombre , Peggy es una perra arrogante no es ella ?
>>
lulz just finished watching it then saw this thread
>>
>>78477680
That's a dumb reason to dislike SLP, but you should probably be watching better movies. I suggest Apocalypse Now.
>>
Love Peggys courtroom speech at the end. Both a sweet moment between husband and wife as well as fucking hilarious
>>
Hank could have done much better than Peggy.
>>
>>78477720
/co/ loves flawed characters, everyone does. The problem is the flawed characters tend not to suffer the consequences. It's not real.

Half the shit Peggy did would result in jail time through the series, even if it went back to status quo at the end of the episode, she never suffered for being as flawed as she was.

She's literally Bojack if he got away with all his crap. No one would like Bojack if he didn't fail because of his own arrogance. That to me is the difference.
>>
>>78477627
yeah she is but that's kind of the point. not all characters need to be likable all the time. hank can get pretty fucking insufferable too, as does bobby and dale and bill and so on.
>>
>>78478671
>She's literally Bojack if he got away with all his crap. No one would like Bojack if he didn't fail because of his own arrogance. That to me is the difference.
yeah but it's also about the constraints + genre.

king of the hill is ultimately meant to be a fox comedy that is more light-hearted than not. it does delve into serious stuff but it tends to be candid about it in the long run. people do stupid shit but they aren't bad people for it and the show reverts to status quo for the most part (since KoH does have actual continuity, especially in the later seasons)

Bojack is a darker take on those types of tv sitcoms, both animated and live action, where the character's problems don't reset every episode or even every season. At the start of season 2 Bojack is getting what he always wanted, but the show is quick to remind us that at his core he's still a miserable person because one good thing doesn't erase a lifetime of shit.
>>
>>78478783
I did like in that jeff goldblum episode when Hank is like
>hehe.. that would've been a felony. but the rest of that was genius
>>
Nobody likes a karma houdini.
>>
>>78478122
Tu eres puerca
>>
>>78478129
Si, los biblioteka con gattos.
>>
>>78477680
The episode where she goes to her family's ranch in Montana really explains why she is the way she is. She's just so desperate for some acknowledgement due to her mother being a criticizing asshole to her and constantly bashing her at everything she tries. Even when she does a cattle run through town to help their ranch, the only thing she can say is how reckless Peggy was for doing it because of what could have happened even though it was a success. Like Hank she has this weird sense of reality because of how one of their parents treated them growing up.
>>
>>78479631
yeah. she's basically cliff clavin but slightly better since at least she doesn't live with her mom
>>
>>78479631
That episode was weird. It basically retconned everything we knew about Peggy and her mom.
>>
>you will never have Lupe's adorable brown feet all to yourself
>>
>>78481198
Naw. It confirms why that boy of Hank's ain't right. Peggy wants to be mother of the year to Bobby and help him do everything. Peggy is the mom she wanted her mother to be but never got.
>>
>>78481349
>Naw. It confirms why

Except that after that episode they retcon it again anyway.
>>
>>78477680
>Do you hate on autistic people for being stupid?

Well, I do. Being autistic isn't a license to be a dumb socially oblivious shit head. I know it's not their fault, but fuck whose fault it is, I'll blame them anyway. Autistic people need to shape up or ship out.
>>
File: 1441643418506.jpg (89 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
1441643418506.jpg
89 KB, 521x521
I was waiting for her to get shot and the butcher's. She never does, but deserves it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.