[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new AT episode "Summer Showers" airs January 7th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11
>new AT episode "Summer Showers" airs January 7th
>one new episode per week after that
So, what does /co/ think? Will it further improve season 7 or will the new episodes be a quality drop like S6?
>>
No.
>>
>>78491018
Although I got ignored in the last thread I'd like to talk a bit more about my theory

So I said Preboot/Reboot could basically be a transition to an "adult" Adventure Time, since Finn will be 18 by then. With all those hints at cataclysmic cycles and the known dystopian future in the Candy Kingdom for example it could be actually very possible for the writers to transform the series and adjust it, to please the now majoritarily adult fandom and especially try out new ideas. Especially the hint at the fire giants in the BMO special makes me feel like they'll have a greater role in the future, and possibly even be one of the major causes of the next worldwide catastrophe, turning Ooo into a postapocalyptic wasteland.

rate probability
>>
>>78491018
>Jake's kids
Ugh
>>
>>78491156
The fat one is funny.
>>
File: 1451165703112.jpg (341 KB, 417x1584) Image search: [Google]
1451165703112.jpg
341 KB, 417x1584
What is the name of the new episode with Betty?
>>
File: XDpMEd4.jpg (140 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
XDpMEd4.jpg
140 KB, 720x960
>>78491203
no idea, CN even managed to fuck up this kind of information release. Look at pic related and pick the title that sounds the most like it.
>>
>>78491018
what's this one about? somehting to do with jake's kids?
>>
>>78491308
Probably. We don't know much except for the AT promo clips you can't even find on the CN page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57bZ5_Zv1Kg
>>
>>78491116
Nah, totally unlikely, see the future seems to be fucked up already from Graybles 1000, preboot/reboot will fix the future to be more in line with the status quo, as is typical for this fucking show.
>>
File: Sans titre3.png (105 KB, 557x750) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre3.png
105 KB, 557x750
>Day 2, drawing #3
>discovered vector drawing
rate
>>
File: pb stairs.png (25 KB, 1000x702) Image search: [Google]
pb stairs.png
25 KB, 1000x702
I hope so
>>
>>78491484
Work on hands
>>
File: Sans titre2.png (220 KB, 497x750) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre2.png
220 KB, 497x750
>>78491610
Yeah, I definitely need to do that. I never really paid attention to the way the hands are done in the series before starting to do it myself.
>>
>>78491268
I can't figure it out. I'm wondering what will happen with Betty now. Oh, despite the voting thing called off, are those clips with her appearing in them anywhere to be found? I hope they aren't teasing us
>>
>>78491947
I didn't manage to find them either, seems like CN just shut everything down.
>>
>>78491018
>faggy feelsy crap about Jake's insufferable offspring
>Betty
>good
>>
>>78491018
Who knows. I think some of Jake's "kids" are okay, but it's not something I consider amazing. I am not really a fan of the Jake the Dad arc.
>>
>>78491484
>>78491705
stop spamming the threads with your shitty drawings you fucking faggot
>>
>>78492216
the episodes that move forward stuff from backstories like Betty are awesome. You Forgot Your Flotations was great too
>>
File: 42524524524.jpg (77 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
42524524524.jpg
77 KB, 400x300
>>78492365
>>
>>78491018
>or will the new episodes be a quality drop like S6?
Season 6 had a lot of great episode.

Wake up
Escape from the Citadel
James II
The tower
Something Big
Little brother
Nemesis
Joshua & Margaret Investigations
Everything's Jake
Is that You?
Dentist
The Cooler
The Pajama War
Evergreen
Astral Plane
Golden Stars
The Visitor
The Mountain
Jermaine
Graybles 1000+
Hoots
You Forgot Your Floaties
On the Lam
>>
>>78492423
Yeah, but it also had a lot of awful episodes. Also you forgot Walnuts and Rain
>>
>>78492445
It's a personal opinion, but there isn't a single episode that I hate. In season 6, they all rank from okay to great.

Sorry about forgetting Wallnuts and Rain.
>>
>>78492660
You know, I didn't dislike any episode except perhaps Breezy and Chips & Ice Cream. You must admit that there really is a quality drop, although by far not as bad as many faggots on /co/ tend to say. Also the badly managed Orgalorg arc just killed it.
>>
>>78492771
the quality drop happened in Season 5, with how badly they managed the break up with Flamme PRincess. The quality has actually been rising since then and keep doing so in Season 7.

I will never figure out the hate for Chips and Ice Cream, though.
>>
>>78492819
I don't understand why people tend to say this, I don't really see the quality drop in S5. The only thing slightly reminding me of this would be the mentioned breakup, but I really enjoyed the whole season a lot. On the other side I didn't enjoy much of S6, because between every good episode there were two uninteresting ones which killed my boner for more.

Chips and Ice Cream was probably one of the most annoying things I've ever seen in a show or on television in general, and the only time I had to pause the episode.
I don't understand much of the hate for Breezy for one. I find it annoying, but not to the point to make me drop AT like some retards pretend to have.
>>
>>78492919
>Chips and Ice Cream was probably one of the most annoying things I've ever seen in a show or on television in general, and the only time I had to pause the episode.
Might be something about the sensitivity of the ears, maybe? For me, it was cute episode whose the main focus was BMO. I also, liked how it was supposed to be a terrible curse, but Jack just didn't give a shit about it and Finn was the only one annoyed by it.
>>
>>78493021
I don't know, I never had any problems because of my ears. It's just the voice in general that was very annoying, plus an imo kinda pretentious story. Also I actually don't like BMO at all, although I really appreciated Football and the BMO special.

also
>Jack
>I have approximate knowledge of many things
>>
>>78493087
>plus an imo kinda pretentious story.
There was nothing pretentious about C&IC. it was just cute randomness humor.
>>
>>78493291
>I'm too simple to identify metaphors therefore there are none
>>
>>78491018
Jake's kids are always mind numbingly boring but I actually kind of like Viola so I don't think this one will be as bad.

No reason to see this episode being a big change though, it'll be the same shit as most S6 and the recent S7 episodes, which by my count will mean pretty mediocre.
Pretty alright title card though, kind of boring by AT's usual standards but still nice.
>>
>>78493423
Metaphor for what seriously?

Unless you are confusing it for sad face?

IT's kindof strange, though. on one hand you consider the episode bad because it's pretentious, on the other hand you act kind of pretentiously because someone can't figure out the suposedly pretentious metaphor the episode is supposed to parade with.

For me, it's just the tale of two being longing for home and freedom and how they came about to meet someone finally able to understand them. And they made a cute song. Nothing less, nothing more.

The critic of something being pretentious tend to be over-used, imo.
>>
File: 1449635740991.gif (657 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
1449635740991.gif
657 KB, 500x256
>>78493887
>putting S6 and S7 in the same bag
what kind of retardation is this
>>
>>78493947
They're at the same level, only there hasn't been any season 7 episodes where Jesse disappeared up his own cosmic asshole (yet).
Besides that nothing's changed.
>>
>>78493947
see>>78492423
Opinion differ on several episodes of season 6, but it has undeniably lots of great episodes.
>>
>>78494093
People don't care about the amount of good episodes if for every decent one you have two shit episodes. People will only remember the bad things, you know.
>>
>>78492423
>forgetting The Diary, probably the best AT episode ever
>>
>>78494121
But the thing is, in this case, the list here contain more than half of the episodes, and in the not mentionned one, there are still at least half of them still decent.

The amount of episode you hear people complain about in Season 6 are of 4:
Sad Face
Breezy
Chips and Ice Cream and Friends Forever

And you will still find a lot of people who liked those episodes.

4 non-unanimously liked episode does not make a bad season.
>>
>>78494124
I was thinking about it, but I was trying to put only episode no one was complaining about.

I liked Diary, but I have seen quite a chunl of negative reaction to it, so I didn't put it.

Same reason for Friends Forever; One of my favorite, but I have seen many complain about it.
>>
>>78494227
>Sad Face
really good episode
>Friends Forever
also a really good episode
>>
>>78494260
>caving into peer pressure

don't let them get you down
>>
>>78494227
not him, but certain people just complain about Friends Forever because of the fucking lamp. The episode cleary was mean-spirited and didn't do IK any favour, but it wasn't by far as bad as the other three mentioned episodes.
>>
>>78494315
>a cartoon is mean-spirited

who gives a shit, it was a funny episode
>>
>>78494273
I liked both, too. I mentioned them because I know they are hated here

Hence why I said
>And you will still find a lot of people who liked those episodes.

Like I have said, there isn't a single episode of Season 6 I didn't like, personally.
>>
>>78494348
>it was a funny episode
It wasn't funny at all
>>
>>78494356
There were definitely bad ones:
The Prince Who Wanted Everything
Giuseppe
Nemesis
Ghost Fly
Everything's Jake
The Cooler
Gold Stars
Hoots
Water Park Prank
Be Sweet
Orgalorg

Those were pretty bad. The rest go from okay to really really good
>>
>>78494434
No it definitely was, as I recall.
>The lamp telling him to be the "silent cool guy"
>Nihilism funnies
>The furniture being condescending but "nice"

Top notch stuff, it hit a little too close to home for some nerds tho
>>
>>78494455
I like most of those you mentioned. Especially
Everything Jack
Gold Stars
Hoots
Nemesis and
Giuseppe
>>
>>78491116
Not gonna happen dude. Have you learned nothing from the last seasons? The staff refuses to do anything new with this show. Quit thinking so much about it and move the fuck on.
>>
>>78491484
Loomis
>>
>>78494455
Why do so many people hate Nemesis? That seems to be a really unpopular episode on /co/ but I always thought it was pretty good.
Peppermint Butler is awesome and having an episode centered around him being an evil asshole and fucking over some good guy was interesting. That sequence with him magiking through the dimensional planes or whatever was some of the most interesting animation the show's ever pulled off.
>>
>>78494487
Well that's your opinion m8, I found the humour in that episode shit. And I'm not even a nerd, I literally only use /co/ for AT.
>>
>>78494455
Giuseppe, Gold Stars and Everything's Jake were top tier. Also Nemesis, Ghost Fly and The Cooler were decent.

>>78494626
I liked the episode, but it really felt "off" at some points to me, like if it was a parody of AT. Some artistic choices like the guy driving a family van in the streets of Ooo and such shit didn't really help either
>>
>>78494559
Watch the first episode of AT and then the season 6 episode "The Mountain" and tell me they didn't try new stuff.
>>
>>78494559
>The staff refuses to do anything new with this show.
That's not technically true, but sometimes it feels that way. They do new things all the time, it's just a scant few of them have any significant lasting impact. That's not inherently a problem except when the lore is being brought to the forefront. Basically the last I-don't-know-how-many seasons.
>>
How about Regular Show season 7 compared with Adventure Time season 7? They both seemed to change dramatically at 7 and RS is already at their mid season mark.
>>
>>78491018
Isn't that one of Jake's children?
>>
Bubbline is going to happen? or not? cause frankly all this pandering is annoying.
>>
File: 1446615401958.png (12 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
1446615401958.png
12 KB, 390x470
>>78497047
>look mum I posted it again
>>
>>78497177
But it is getting annoying?
>>
>>78497201
I personally never gave a shit about it and I still don't, so no. Also you're just trying to derail the thread, which doesn't work anymore due to the current lack of interest for AT on /co/.
>>
>>78497047
pandering is just a word people use to mean "stuff I don't like/don't care but know that an other group of people I don't like/don't care about will enjoy".

IMO, I think bubbline will forevere remain in the teasing limbo, but if it happens, why the fuck not, they are both 1000 years old women, I don't see what's the issue with them having dated at some point.

It work just as well as them being trusting friends.

Hating something for the sole reason that it might please some people that you don't like is stupid anyway.
>>
>>78495008
fluffy artistic experimentation is a lot easier than sticking to a plot.
>>
>>78497700
But what is impressive is that they are doing both.
>>
>17 posters
And about 6 of them are shills. Terrible.
>>
>>78497700
Its not even experimentation. It's just more interesting and cool and thoughtful funny.

And it does have a plot, and it's better executed.
>>
>>78497898
I can't complain, it's the first non autistic and comfy thread I've seen on 4chan in several days.
>>
>>78497898
>liking something is shilling
yeah, naaah.
>>
>>78491203
the hall
>>
>>78491040
yes
>>
>>78491116
Naw man: Everything Stays.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.