[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't Civil War in the comics involve a lot more Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 554b8a4d89081.jpg (51 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
554b8a4d89081.jpg
51 KB, 940x529
Didn't Civil War in the comics involve a lot more Marvel characters than this and go on for way longer than one movie can possibly handle?
>>
It was also a terrible story and it's good that they're not directly adapting it.
>>
>>78434477
It's not following the actual arc with the same name.

Just like it didn't do any of the bullshit from Age of Ultron. In that case, Whedon made up his own bullshit.

At least Russos will be amazing.
>>
Oh for fucks sakes, listen to yourself!

The whole "Not enough characters" is fucking bullshit because Age of Ultron shows that there is already too many characters in the same film! And you want to add in more? Why? You'll get the same jumbled mess of a fight anyways!
Secondly, it's hero vs. hero shit! You don't need to devote more than one more in it cause NOBODY IS GONNA GET PERMANENTLY HURT! Captain America is not gonna shove Tony's face into a buzzsaw. Clint won't put an arrow between Black Widow's eyes. You'll get one or two hero vs. hero fights, and then move on CAUSE THEY DON'T MATTER! Was your favorite part of the Avengers when Thor and Hulk fought? Or Thor and Tony? Or Hulk and Tony? Sure, they are fun, but they are time fillers. Why the fuck do you want multiple movies on fights that don't matter?
>>
>>78434681
Oh, and think of how much the budget will balloon with more heroes being added. And coordinating so many actors to be on the same schedule. Hell, these films are filmed less than a year before released. DO YOU REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE IT WOULD BE TO PUT IN TOO MANY HEROES IN THIS FILM?
>>
>>78434681
>>78434714
Who hurt you anon?
>>
>>78434736
Stupidity from fans who don't know what they want and repeat themselves over and over without thinking about what they want.
>>
It's not directly adapting the event, thank god.

Since the MCU has less heroes and doesn't really have secret identities so far, with the exception of Daredevil who's not involved in the conflict, the event isn't about unmasking and registration, so much as the general concept of heroes fighting each other over issues of accountability.
>>
None of these movies are adaptations. Not one of them is even close. It doesn't matter what was in the comics.
>>
>>78434477
This is true of every single comic run that is adapted for live action.
>>
File: Immune system.png (311 KB, 436x320) Image search: [Google]
Immune system.png
311 KB, 436x320
>>Good for the Immune System.
>>
>>78434947
>oily-fish dinner
I bet she got that from Namor
>>
>>78434477
They're only using the name. Casuals think CW is the greatest event of all time, and the name is sure to draw a huge crowd.
They only used the name for AoU too. Wolverine and Sue weren't in the movie at all.
>>
>>78435185
AoU the comic came out super recent when they announced the title for the film and the only relevance plot wise AoU had to the movie was that Ultron was the villain.
>>
>>78435185
>Casuals think CW is the greatest event of all time
Hell, you should see how pretentious the fake trailers/descriptions of the trailers were.
>>I can't stand for this
>>THEN LET'S FIGHT!
>>
>>78434681
Being as its Chris Evans last contacted film with Marvel, he's already said he's giving up acting, and Cap dies in the civil war comic, I bet you Cap dies in this film too.
>>
>>78434477
The plot won't make any sense as the government already know who are the mutants in the Avengers, as does most of the public.
>>
>>78435276
Evens said he was gonna be in for Infinity Wars. I mean, he said "We're filming Civil War now, and then we have a break before the 9 month shoot"
>>
File: 1448473204517.png (220 KB, 419x391) Image search: [Google]
1448473204517.png
220 KB, 419x391
>>78435079
>I bet she got that from Namor
>>
>>78435342
Civil War was about working for the Government. Why does everyone think it's about Secret Identities?
>>They blew up a school, so now everyone must say who they are.
It's stupid.
>>
>>78435390
Spidermans big thing was identity, that's why. Also why everyone sided with Cap really.

I mean receiving some training before you use your crazy powers makes sense otherwise.
>>
>>78434477
The comic was also hot fucking garbage, so the less like it the better.
>>
>>78434606
This, it was convoluted, and most characters contributed nothing to the story.
The only thing missing is shock value, because it involved a lot of characters that no one cared about and died, or had a one-page moment.
At the moment Age of Ultron the Movie was better than Age of Snikt Bub. It is pretty easy to top Civil War because let's be honest Marvel events suck massive wang.
>>
I do wonder if there will be a day when people universally recognize how terrible Identity Crisis and Civil War really were.

A few years back people shat on the 90's, I think the past decade deserves even MORE hate.
The worst runs of all time came out during the 00's including the unholy trinity.
>>
>>78434477
It also sucked balls, so I hope differences won't stop in amount of characters used.
>>
>>78435409
It's like they had to make Iron Man look bad.
>>
>>78435674
I'm waiting the day people look at Bendis the same way as Liefeld.
>>
>>78436399
Waiting for the day? To look at Bendis the same way as Liefeld? The Bendis?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.