[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png (2 MB, 1901x3036) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man_Poster_Cropped.png
2 MB, 1901x3036
And wow it was amazing! This is up there with GotG and Winter Soldier. Seriously such a good movie. Loved the guy who played Louis, Douglas and Rudd's performances. Soundtrack was top notch too. The fights scenes were great too, loved how they used the shrinking ability in it.

Why does it have such a low rating on IMDb though? (7.5)
>>
>>78378636
Because it followed Age of Ultron, which left a bad taste in everyone's mouth
>>
>>78378636
Yeah it was a good movie
>>
I just watched it again recently,

Jesus Christ, Scott Lang's family are cunts. He wasn't some jackass, gangbanger, or asshole with a double life. He was a misguided 'robin hood' trying to stand up for others. Sure, he fucked up by committing criminal activity and putting a strain on his family, but everybody in that household is really emotionally manipulative, treating him like he's morally bankrupt.

>He loves his daughter enough to put up with this shit from his ex, just to see her and be in her life
It's kind of sad. No moral support from them at all until the end of the movie.
>>
All the clickbait articles about Wright leaving would make it seem like a bad movie to the average clueless normie.
>>
>>78378822
>Jesus Christ, Scott Lang's family are cunts.
I see they stayed true to the comics.
>>
>>78378822
Exactly. Paxton was a real dick for no reason. At the start of the movie, at the birthday party, all Scott wanted to do was see his daughter for an hour or two.
>>
File: Ehh.gif (2 MB, 245x260) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.gif
2 MB, 245x260
>>78378636
>Why does it have such a low rating on IMDb though? (7.5)
Cause its honestly not that great.

It's a solid movie, but it's got a fuck ton of flaws like Cross being a total joke of a character with a single off hand comment to explain his actions, most of the character's relationships told to the audience rather than shown, far too little time shown Scott with his daughter when thats literally his entire motivation, Pym's out of nowhere here's why your mom died moment when we were never given a reason why he hid it for so long in the first place, etc

It's a very average movie with some great moments like Luis. It's nowhere close to WS or GOTG.
>>
Glad ya enjoyed it OP, I did too.
>>
I liked the movie but hated every scene with that Mexican dude. Fuck those scenes were annoying and forced. Typical American humour.
>>
>>78378822

At least they changed for the better in the end, eh.
>>
>>78379515
/thread
>>
>>78378822
>He burglars a place and destroys property instead of calling the police on his old boss, showing himself to be childish.
>People give him shit for it. They say they don't trust him until he proves he can support a child and be mature about it.
>He keeps doing sketchy things until he saves the daughter and shows he was actually being a hero all along.
>People trust him and stop giving him shit.
You are aware that the characters in the movies don't have access to the script, right? If anything, they showed one of the most realistic family dynamics I've seen in this kind of movies.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.