[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright lets say suddenly you have super powers, you can choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15
File: 234.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Alright lets say suddenly you have super powers, you can choose only one power.

Now you are the only human in the world (that you are aware of) that has powers, now what do you do?

What would you realistically do? Would you become a vigilante? a loner drifter looking for other superhumans? work for the goverment? be a criminal?

I think its really interesting to ponder this in the real world, I mean you can be the nicest dude but power could corrupt you.
>>
Realistically, I think I'd steal a lot of shit. From big fish; bankers and the like. Secure my future financially for myself and my own. And then yeah, try to exact some justice for the world in general depending on my powers.
What's hilarious is that in a world scale, the game is so tilted towards people who exploit others and fuck up their lives while being on the side of the law - because when you achieve a certain level of wealth, the law stops applying to you - that you'd be regarded as a criminal no matter what.
>>
File: Earth-460.jpg (13 KB, 467x240) Image search: [Google]
Earth-460.jpg
13 KB, 467x240
>work for the goverment?

Most likely this. Not like super black-ops sort of stuff, though. I already volunteer in emergencies, driving around during tornadoes and such and reporting in damages and major trouble. Probably I'd do more of the same, but with superpowers involved somehow. A superhero working for municipal government, yeah.

I'd probably try to run for office again at some point. I'd probably lose again, too, unless my superpower was like the Purple Man's or something, 'cos any opponent worth his salt would (rightly) point out that super-strength/flight/shapeshifting has fuckall to do with any sort of politicking ability.
>>
File: 1449189550952.png (402 KB, 581x454) Image search: [Google]
1449189550952.png
402 KB, 581x454
>>
>work for the goverment?

If by "work for the government" you mean "supplant the government and proclaim myself God-King of the western hemisphere" then yes, I would work for the government.
>>
>What would you realistically do?

>Would you become a vigilante?
I'd probably would try to become a vigilante at first. Test the waters with my powers you know? Though to be honest I don't know how I would go about and find crime happening at that moment, otherwise it would look like it was staged yea? Then of course there will be news report about some phantom or unknown person reported at the scenes.

>A loner drifter looking for other superhumans?
Probably not. It would be kind of a shitty journey with no money looking for other people who may or may not have superpowers ya know? Then again maybe I would actually meet interesting people with powers, but then again what if I meet super powered serial killers?

>Work for the government?
This would be the most realistic approach for me. I see going from vigilante to being recognized and eventually targeted or sought out by the government. I mean with all the cameras and facial recognition software I'm sure eventually my identity would be revealed. So I'll assume I'll get approached by the government and be given an ultimatum like "Work for us or we put you away". Hell maybe working for the government would probably net me some nice money to support my family while trying to protect citizens. Hell the might even try to have me go on covert missions or take out Isis or some shit.

>Be a criminal?
Nah, I would never stoop that low.
>>
>>78374624
Shape shifting.
I'd make myself slightly more attractive and turn into an animal person so me and my girlfriend can have gay monstergirl kink times.
I'd also quit my job and just be a camwhore to all kinds of fetishists.
>>
File: 1418047732163.jpg (43 KB, 400x606) Image search: [Google]
1418047732163.jpg
43 KB, 400x606
>>78374624
>you can choose only one power.
Speedforce or anything speed related power. And when I mean speed powers I mean everything, like the whole metabolism deal. That way I can actually use my powers and stay in shape WHILE using it.

>What would you realistically do?
Commute to work/school and mostly workout. Travel during time off. Take numerous jobs that involve travelling like a delivery boy or something? If I'm really struggling for money I'll look around for shitty individuals and steal enough money to sustain myself for a few months at a time.

>Would you become a vigilante?
No/Maybe. If I saw someone that needs help then yeah obviously I'll help, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stop crime.

>a loner drifter looking for other superhumans?
How would I know if others even exist? Unless we're counting everyone posting in this thread. I would stay private though.

>Work for the government?
Same as being a vigilante, I'm not really sure. You can just up and use your powers to help people but trying to tackle EVERY world issue out there is pretty overwhelming and it will get complicated really fast. That means drug traders/bosses/dealers, world disasters, third world countries, war in other countries (stopping military armies AND/OR helping refugees.) The moment you identify yourself, you become a target; opposing factions try to find ways to kill you, friends, family, etc. Even the country you're with will come up with a contingency plan or something to stop you.

And if you did that you'd probably have to sacrifice your NEET life forever. I'm selfish so the answer is most likely no.
>>
>>78374624
>be a criminal?
Absolutely. Get enough money to afford a comfortable NEET lifestyle and live happily ever after.
>>
File: 3940014-8141515607-ursa1.jpg (130 KB, 903x723) Image search: [Google]
3940014-8141515607-ursa1.jpg
130 KB, 903x723
Shapeshifting (specifically, at-will ursanthropy - the kind where you retain your consciousness and a human gait/dick). There's no reason to have a power to actually do anything for the world if it's just you, so I just want something that would make me happy. I'd be a novelty for a bit, and then I can just enjoy a life that's normal save for being able to lift a fuckton amount of weight and basically never having to be scared of wildlife when I go camping.
>>
Forget-me-not powers. I would go on a crime spree of rape and mostly rape. Probably kill a few people who displeased me.
>>
>>78374624
Having powers and just showing them would probably have me set .
>>
the power to make anything invisible, including myself

>follow cash deliveries at bank
>when they put the money in the safe, it disappears
>walk out with as much money as i can carry
>>
>>78374624
the power to transcend human evolution and continue to endlessly evolve. Soon, my genes would be passed down, slowly overtaking humanity's genes and creating a race of ever evolving beings that can surpass even God. Perfect candidates for traversing the stars and leaving our mark on the universe.
>>
File: whoamI.jpg (5 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
whoamI.jpg
5 KB, 219x230
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hU2B_yO68A

Good evening gentlemen! As you can see you are not the only one with super powers... you just entered into this...uhhm...social experiment lets say!

Now you know you are not alone and I am here to tell you that reality is shifting...but fear not caped crusaders! (and rapists) because you are now going into a great adventure!
>>
>>78374624
>Super speed

Get a bulletproof mask and outfit. Read books on how to pick a safe. Rob banks. Then buy shit, do drugs, have sex with attractive women for awhile. Then probably get bored and save some people.
>>
>>78374624
>became technopath
>fast forward the planet to the point of global peace and shit
>live with robo waifu or just go to the AU where my waifu is real
>>
>>78374624
can 'read minds and plant suggestions' count as a single telepathy power?

I'd start of small, just jedi mind tricking myself some petty cash, use mind reading and the occasional 'we should go for drinks' suggestion to bolster my networking. Once I'm a bit more used to it, start experimenting. See how subtle I can get with suggestions and still get the desired results. Actually study people's minds. Pin down all those little quirks and ticks and buttons, and use that knowledge to write the most multi-dimensional characters of any writer.
and, when I've no better ideas, work on a definitive 'how to be a people person for dummies' type book
>>
I'd like telekinesis. Super OP, and I can't think of any drawbacks. I wouldn't try to be a hero or villain, I'd just carry on my life with the awesome addition of a super power. I don't even want to be a hero or villain, but if I did, that would cause a fuckton of trouble for me, why would I want that?
>>
File: latest[5].jpg (100 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
latest[5].jpg
100 KB, 1280x534
>>78376488
>super speed
>cant outrun bullets

you didnt see this coming?
>>
File: 46.png (1 MB, 1280x870) Image search: [Google]
46.png
1 MB, 1280x870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY-dmj8vgko

Oh boy! Let me say you are quite the super group..... I think its about time to introduce them around, ahem!!! cough!! ok here we go...

First up! We have....

>>78374891

Code: Night Wind! The menace to high society! Police are after him, the mob is after him, the people love him, notorious for stealing a car right there from the showroom.

Current Agencies looking for him: FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, DEA.

>>78375065

Code: Major Draft.

Known powers: Weather manipulation.

Notorious for cleaning out an entire cartel near the border. The press love him, rumors of a secret reunion with Captain Planet. The mob is after him, drug lords.

>>78375142
Banzai Bob

Known powers: fuck shit up.

Notorious for fucking shit up.

Current Affiliations: Has seen Crank on Netflix about 6 times.

>>78375229

Code name: Baron Von Dominus

Notorious for taking over a major part of the world back in the 60s, apparently retired but rumors of a new base in New Guinea leads to believe he is cooking up something.

>>78375367

Codename: Tripwire

Known abilities: Master at cqc and armed combat, deep cover operative known for bringing down entire armies.

>>78375407

Codename: Furryon

Known Abilitie: Shape shifter, notorious for hacking the Presidential speech live to show a dinosaur fuck a cadillac.

>>78375744

Blowout.

Known abilities: Speedster. Notorious for robbing an entire cocaine factory in 0.43 seconds, security cameras never saw it.
Loves gaming, once played a tournament and won a match in 5 minutes, if he go faster he would destroy the mouse.
>>
I'd go with the ability to make people completely ignore me/forget I exist. I think I'd try to do good but at some point I might slip up.
>>
File: gillsawyeah.gif (707 KB, 484x280) Image search: [Google]
gillsawyeah.gif
707 KB, 484x280
>>78376445
>>
The ability to transform into different animals

Keep it to myself and do it while I'm alone because it's my fetish
>>
>>78376488
Codename: Breakout.

Known abilities: Speedster. High IQ known to date supermodels and actresses, suspected of high profile bank robberies, not enough evidence. Chums with Bruce Wayne, both members of a VIP gentlemen's club.

>>78376542

Codename: Hyper-Drive

Knowna abilities: Technopath, live in its techno tower, helps develop new software and engines.

>>78376603

Codename: Mindgame.

Known abilities: telepath. Notorious for planting an idea and triggering it at any time, infiltrating even the Pentagon by plaiknfifNWPGIN I AM A LITTLE HORSE, HEE-HAW! AINT APPLES GREAT¿
>>
File: Kilgrave.jpg (122 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Kilgrave.jpg
122 KB, 600x400
I tend to prefer more subtle powers, so telepathy/mind manipulation a la Xavier would do fine. And honestly, I wouldn't do anything too huge, it just seems like the best way to learn stuff. Kilgrave's mind-control could do nicely too.

That said, as useful as those can be, there's 99% I end miserable or evil even if I have no interest in that or running over someone's will.
>>
>>78374624
This kind of question always just has a few options for me:

Flight and teleportation are fun to have but the most utilitarian ones are always between telepathy and telekinesis. The one thing that swings it in favor of TK for me is that TP is useless when you're alone.

So it's TK for me.

What would I do? Nothing different. Same shit, except make my life easier. Float/fly myself when it's traffic, shit like that. Use it to do multiple things at the same time (beating an egg while flipping a burger) assuming I can do multitasking TK. Maybe help people out with mundane stuff (help people when they drop stuff, push them out of the way of traffic/trains), etc.

Essentially, I already like my life as it is.
>>
>>78374624
Do I have super powers plural or super power singular? Make up your mind.
>>
>>78376928
you could totally rob people that way, depending on how your ability affects technology/physical records. Take out a loan/borrow money....boom.
>>
Mercenary
>>
>>78376800
First time I'm seeing this close-up and paused. Assuming the Quinjet is armed with at least a 20mm cannon or heavier (more likely), these holes are bullshit.

Especially the arm one. That should have broken the bone and sheared the arm off. Hell, a 7.62 might do similar given the hole is in fucking line with his humerus.

Whedon is a hack.
>>
The ability to project my consciousness back to an earlier part in my life.

Selfishly, I could spend days or weeks at home just catching up on a bunch of books, games, movies, etc., even if it meant ignoring work and the like. Then when I felt all caught up I just send my consciousness back to when I started, and it'd be almost like no time has passed.

I could easily guess lottery numbers, and use the winning to keep myself and my family going for a long time. I could also anonymously tip people off to criminal acts before they happen, or if I so desired could get a place in government and know which policies or actions would provide the greatest benefit.

If I wanted to get really crazy with the power, I could use it as psuedo-form of immortality, going back to the near-beginning of my life when I'm on my death bed. I could take a different path, do different things, possibly bring back with me scientific knowledge and breakthroughs that could push society forward as a faster pace than normal.
>>
>>78374624
The ability to manipulate time. And I would use it to get laid.
>>
File: Cumshot that Changed the World.jpg (205 KB, 1420x750) Image search: [Google]
Cumshot that Changed the World.jpg
205 KB, 1420x750
>>78377216
Reminded me of this.
>>
I'd always want powers related to time travel.

But I'm not a killer. I'd have to have someone I could trust come with me to do the actual killing.

Like, everyone says stuff like "I'd go back in time and kill Hitler", but I don't think I could pull the trigger if it got down to it.

Or, I would go back in time and turn Hitler into a baby with my time magic.
>>
>>78377344
I really don't get all the people that say they'd go back in time and do something with Hitler.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert was released around two decades ago. Haven't we learned from that?

Stalin killed way more than Nazi Germany ever did.
>>
>>78377391
Because Hitler represents absolute evil to the people, man wants to fight evil.
>>
>>78377391
>>78377450
Well, I was just using that as an example.

Off the top of my head, I'd probably go back and save MLK and Malcolm X.
>>
>>78377344
fucking around with the past is asking for trouble. What you wanna do is take a jaunt to the future and then bring as much knowledge back to the past.
>>
>>78377344
>killing hitler as a baby
fucking pussy
>>
>>78377539
>killing Hitler as a baby
No, that's not what I was implying.
I would turn him into a baby and then give him to a nice family, with a note to put him into art school.

Killing a baby is just fucked up.
>>
>>78377212
Fucking this. After each reset, I'd try to beat my high score of how advanced humanity had gotten by the time I'm on my death bed. Now, this wouldn't work at all if I die unexpectedly and as time went on, I'd probably grow more and more reckless.
>>
>>78377500
I think if I had the power to travel through time, I'd approach some scientist/professor who'd be willing to listen, convince them of my power, and ask them how to best use it. There are tons of super smart nerds in the world, working at CERN or NASA or whatever, who could think about the best way to utilize that power. It would probably be better to consult the people who have thought a lot about time travel already, rather than just fucking around.
>>
I would use my abilities to fuck around and shit. Mostly just use them as a party trick. I mean, I could be a full-on superhero if I wanted, but there's hardly any point unless there are supervillains, the police can handle standard criminals and I'm not going to go half-way across the world just to fight ISIS.
>>
>>78377690
This. I'd also try to get a group of scientists I could trust together to develop my powers more, figure out how they work, and try to recreate them.
>>
>>78377092
Well the way Kilgraves powers work is that people just do everything you say. After a while you'd start going crazy because no one could ever day no to you even if you wanted them to. No one could ever be genuine to you, ever do something for you of their own free will. Anyone you meet would get some unintentional command from you, have it wear off, know something was wrong, and then be afraid of you.
>>
>>78377873
>work in retail
>say "Have a good day!" to customers
>they have no choice but to enjoy the rest of their day
>>
>>78377981
>work as a stage hand.
>break a leg!
>disabled theater becomes popular

Are enhanced humans a menace? Are they changing the world? You decide!
>>
>>78374624
Power: I'd love some Shapechange, but the power doesn't really matter for my "plans":

I'd try to become a TV-Celebrity. ASAP. Best way to get legally rich fast and standing in front of cameras will make getting secretly drafted/taken by the government hard and avoids getting dissected for that matter. Corruption wouldn't be much of a Problem either, I mean look at TV-Celebrities, it's basically in the job description and they don't hurt many people, that is besides themselves :)
>>
File: 345234.jpg (34 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
345234.jpg
34 KB, 640x451
Invisibility

Steal shit, perv on people, play pranks
>>
>>78374624
Defiance. The power to defy things with desire and willpower. Constraints, human limitations, hell even the laws of reality and nature if I want it bad enough.

Now what would I do with such a boring and mary sue toddler tier powerset? Become the biggest pest I can.
>>
i think I use my power to be incredible rich and powerful, without arming anyone. I use the money to achieve a ridicously good life for me and then to create industries and philantrophic activities to give work to people and help to poor.
>>
>>78374624
I would probably choose something related to manipulating people without them knowing. That way I could get enough money to do what I want and I wouldn't need to fear I will be discovered.

Because realistically even if I'm nearly indestructible you can bet eventually either the government or evildoers find a way to hurt me if I cross their paths.
>>
File: Machine_elf.jpg (70 KB, 600x708) Image search: [Google]
Machine_elf.jpg
70 KB, 600x708
>>78374624
The power over luck, lots, chance, and probability.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.