[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's late at night. All the kiddies are in bed. Can we have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117
File: Korra god damn it spongebob.jpg (106 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Korra god damn it spongebob.jpg
106 KB, 600x337
It's late at night. All the kiddies are in bed. Can we have a Legend of Korra thread with actual discussion instead of constant threadshitting about Korrasami now?

I for one was pretty happy with the finale. It was no Season 3, but for the first time in the entire franchise they had a satisfying finale that didn't involve the Avatar losing. No Deus ex Machina, no giant narrative flaws...nothing. here was nothing quite as great as the last Agni Kai, but it was overall solid as fuck and there were no horrible lows like the Chiropractor Rock either.
>>
>>68138797
low expectations, the antagonists were what they said they were, and based Rollins as a VA
>>
>>68138797
I think season 4 was pretty great but I could see how it could turn people off because it's so different in tone than anything else in the Avatar franchise.

>but it was more than likely in season 3.
There are so many good fights in that season I don't even know where to begin. My favorite was Avatar State Korra vs. Zaheer though. It was cool to see Korra just fucking rip things apart.

> Award for worst hamfisted fan service cameo, also goes to Iroh. Old Iroh. In the fucking spirit world.
Fucking agreed. Iroh was always at his worst when he was just spouting inane "philosophy" that mostly sounded like it came off the back of a fucking fortune cookie, and that's ALL he does in LoK. They basically forgot about anything that made his character actually cool.
>>
>>68138707
Honestly, I was not impressed. I felt like this season had two Kuviras: "maybe justifiable from a certain point of view" and "genocidal one-dimensional monster".

We got the former for maybe 1-3 episodes, then she turned into latter, then back into the former again just in time for her and Korra to have a good cry and talk it out.

The unfortunate part about Korra isn't just that it was bad but that it had so much potential to be good.
>>
>>68138873
>Honestly, I was not impressed. I felt like this season had two Kuviras: "maybe justifiable from a certain point of view" and "genocidal one-dimensional monster".
Yeah I liked it but this is a legit problem. I think this could be solved by having an episode focused almost entirely on Kuvira and the things she had to do during the three years Korra was gone, but y'know. 13 episodes. (really less than that with the fucking clipshow).

>The unfortunate part about Korra isn't just that it was bad but that it had so much potential to be good.
It's pretty damn good if you accept it for what it is instead of lament it for what it could have been.
>>
>>68138707
I am still infinitely sad we did not get to see pressure bending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

Look at this fucking truck, the minute the air was pulled out it was imploded with air pressure. Imagine if airbenders could use that against the fire nation.
>>
File: Freedom is like Air.jpg (45 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Freedom is like Air.jpg
45 KB, 1024x576
>>68139012
>tfw the blood vessels in the Earth Queen's eyes were bursting due to vacuum
>>
I missed the probable shitstorm from Friday and just finished the show tonight.

What was the general consensus? Does anybody have links to the better threads of the day?

Just trying to play catchup, anons.
>>
>>36876410
I really enjoyed Bolin and Mako doing badass stuff, especially Bolin in the final battle showing how powerful of an earth Benet he is.
>>
>>68139093
>What was the general consensus?
Most of /co/ liked the show and the ending judging by the polls, but shitposters are in full swing now and you'd never tell by the tone of all the threads.

>Does anybody have links to the better threads of the day?
This is the only good thread I've seen and it was from today. The finale stickies were all awful. >>68127434
>>
>>68138904
Funny thing, after finishing season 4 I was just thinking that if Nickelodeon hadn't slashed their budget they could have used that one filler ep for more of Kuvira's back story.
>>
>>68139045

Brutal.
>>
>>68139045
No that's different he was creating a vacuum around her head, thus forcing the air to escape to compensate for the pressure change.

The truck imploded because the pressure on the inside was lesser than the outside. I would have loved to see an air bender be able to do that albeit a lesser extent to break bones and stuff.
>>
>>68139134
Thanks anon. Gives me something to read before bed.
>>
>>68139141
Honestly I think that filler ep would have instead been half developing the other characters (including Korrasami foreshadowing) and half extended Zaheer confrontation.

LoK needed like 16-18 episodes a season really. ATLA's seasons were too long but LoK's were too short.

>>68139165
No problem. The first three hundred or so posts in there are mostly great discussion.
>>
>>68138707
Loved it, Kuvira's final attempts were uncharacteristic of her though, being so dignified during the entire season.

Last fight between them was amazing.
>>
Honestly I hated the way the villains were created

1.Amon
Awesome potential, destroyed by shitty writing
2.Vaatu Unalaq
Should've been endgame villain
3.Zaheer
TLA standard
4.Kuvira
One dimensional character, only at the finale did the writers asspull a sob story out of nowhere to justify the shitting ending
>>
>thank god that's over
>my compulsion not to read fanfics of series that haven't been finished is appeased
>Korrasami time
>only 2 days so far, drivel-driven shit on ff.net
>tfw I could probably ride this train to a couple of hundred reviews if I get on it right now

Should I do it?
>>
>>68139225
>Loved it, Kuvira's final attempts were uncharacteristic of her though, being so dignified during the entire season.
Killing Baatar (as far as she knows he's dead all the way through the finale, no one told her he survived) didn't do her mental state any favors and she gets increasingly desperate through the whole fight.
>>
>>68138835
>Iroh was always at his worst when he was just spouting inane "philosophy" that mostly sounded like it came off the back of a fucking fortune cookie
Nigga kill yourself. His chat with Toph in ATLA changed my life.
>>
>>68139238
>2.Vaatu Unalaq
>Should've been endgame villain
Basing your writing on eternally escalating power levels instead of what is appropriate to the themes and narrative is dumb.

>One dimensional character, only at the finale did the writers asspull a sob story out of nowhere to justify the shitting ending
She was established as an orphan ages ago.

>>68139277
Are you a good writer?

If so, sure.
>>
>>68139301
I hope you never go to a Chinese restaurant or else your peabrain might explode.
>>
>>68139301
>Nigga kill yourself. His chat with Toph in ATLA changed my life.
That wasn't really philosophy. Just very generic life advice.

How old were you when you watched that the first time?
>>
>>68139311
>Am I a good writer
Sure, yeah. I don't even know what it would even be about, though.

When the hell did Korra and Asami find the time to get into a relationship, anyway?
>>
>>68139314
>>68139323
If you really hated Iroh's speeches in ATLA honestly what did you even enjoy about the series? The philosophy is a big part of the series, if it's retarded to you the series in general should seem pretty stupid.
>>
>>68138707
I loved it.
Haters gonna hate; fedoras gonna tip.
>>
>>68139277
Do it feggit
>>
>>68139328
>When the hell did Korra and Asami find the time to get into a relationship, anyway?
Just now. This is the very start of the relationship.

You could write the relationship actually happening. I mean, the most that's really there in the ending of the show is Korra deciding to give it a chance. I doubt they were gonna jump right into a sapphic make-out session right when the camera cut away.
>>
>>68139352
>philosophy
>big part of the series

Yeah, sure, I guess there was some of that, but I think the part about it being magic elemental kung fu was pretty big too.
>>
>>68139352
>If you really hated Iroh's speeches in ATLA honestly what did you even enjoy about the series? The philosophy is a big part of the series,
The magic kungfu and the occasional rare moment of almost tackling bigger issues in a way that cartoons never did when I was a little kid.

I liked LoK more than ATLA though by a lot, yeah.
>>
>>68139359
Is doing it just for attention a good reason, though?
>>
>>68139370
>>68139386
Iroh's conversations with Zuko as well are a big part of why I like the series so much, Iroh is one of the best characters in the series. Are you both big Naruto fanboys too?

>I liked LoK more than ATLA though by a lot, yeah.

Oh, that explains so much.
>>
>>68139369
Oh, for real? I thought they established being in lesbians with each other when Korra was doing rehab in Republic City before she left for the South?
>>
>>68139387
Do you enjoy writing?

Actually I don't care. I just want to read it, if you're actually any good.
>>
>>68139411
>Iroh's conversations with Zuko
I liked those. They were only inane philosophy 50% of the time. His conversation with him under Lake Lao Gai for example was actually good advice.

>Iroh is one of the best characters in the series.
Mostly just for his relationship with Zuko, a legitimately well written character.

>Are you both big Naruto fanboys too?
I'm not.

>Oh, that explains so much.
Deal with it.
>>
>>68139428
I was thinking about doing it in >>68139412 setup, but only if it makes sense.

If there's any reason why that wouldn't happen in the timeline, I can always start off from the spirit portal, even if it's a shit starting point.
>>
>>68138707

Yeah I liked it more than Sozins, not as grandiose but it didn't have the glaring contrivances of it.
>>
>>68139238
i agree with this
>>
>>68139286
Thanks, that actually fixes that last part for me.
>>
File: korra asami wheelchair.png (514 KB, 1280x713) Image search: [Google]
korra asami wheelchair.png
514 KB, 1280x713
>>68139412
>I thought they established being in lesbians with each other when Korra was doing rehab in Republic City before she left for the South?
How I read that?

Asami wanted to be with Korra at that point, but Korra was too caught up in her own problems (understandably) to pick up on it or see Asami that way. I honestly don't think Korra realizes what's going on until near the end of the series.

Some anon actually made a screencap of the scene before the spirit portal and you can kind of pinpoint when Korra finally realizes "oh hey Asami likes me IN THAT WAY".
>>
>>68139481
I can't find a screencap of it but Kuvira's angry, desperate face as the mech starts getting sabotaged is Kuvira's "God damn it I murdered my fiance for nothing" face.
>>
Stop, don't fuck up the good posts with korrasami cancer you fags
>>
>>68139482
Oh, okay.

So fucking ambiguous till the last second, just like every other avatar relationship.

Fine.

I can work with that.
>>
>>68139509
These are actually good Korrasami posts though.
>>
>>68139526
>So fucking ambiguous till the last second, just like every other avatar relationship.
It's because Bryke finally realized they're shit at writing overt romance and just rolled with it.

But yeah Asami is into Korra before Korra is into Asami. She even wanted to go to the South Pole with her during her recovery, Korra just wouldn't let her.
>>
mediocre finale for a mediocre show. which is too bad, because it had so much more potential as a series.
>>
>>68139652
You'll be a lot happier if you just accept it for what it is instead of imagining what it could be.
>>
>>68139664
pretty impossible when the show is constantly reminding you that it could be a lot better
>>
>>68139690
You're reminding yourself, Anon.

I watched this with no expectations not long ago beyond vaguely getting the idea that it wasn't as good as ATLA, and I loved the shit out of it. Hype is your enemy.
>>
>>68139690
is it really the show, or you anon?
>>
File: 1419093698953 (09-25).jpg (61 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1419093698953 (09-25).jpg
61 KB, 604x438
Posted this in the last thread no one gave me a decent response pretty much stumped every one.

in every one of these scenes posted in the imgur link something major was happening causing a emotional reaction to consul one another in a platonic way.

Seriously ill give you an example of what a good gay bonding moment is like. Theres this one scene of the scooby doo series that aired on cartoonnetwork where velma in her spare time basically holds hands on a couch with another female character. Nothing of importance was happening in this scene and yet it came off as such a love move that even I consider it gay.

All those scenes you pointed out where moments where friends needed to consul one another because some hardship was going on and there is nothing gay about that.

Video related this is how you show two lesbians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nkm1nEld0

Imgur I'm referring to.
>>http://imgur.com/a/r0obx

And I thought the ending was shit and bryke was just giving into every ones demands all at once.
>>
>>68139741
Book 2 really does actively wave things in your face that could have made it better than it is.

Most of the show doesn't though.
>>
>>68139735
I don't go into anything pre-hyped. It's a recipe for being disappointed. The sad fact is that LoK developed interesting worlds and plots and ultimately failed to deliver the majority of the time.

Not to mention that there were any number of better action shows over the past 5 years.
>>
The finale was notable insofar as the fight scenes were especially well choreographed.

Kuvira's "motivation" as narrated by Korra came across as sentimental tripe. Korra basically pulled a reverse Darth Vadar, "you and me, we're actually really similar." Seeing how Kuvira's motivation and backstory up to this point was all but nonexitant, it all comes across as some sort of weird attempt to justify the actions of basically the Avatar equivalent of Hitler all so that Korra's arc of self-discovery and humility can come to a neat little conclusion.

The Asami Korra relationship at the finale came across as blatant pandering. I would have no problem had their infatuation been properly developed outside of one brief moment of sexual tension, but as it is it seemed a glib attempt at fan service. Its as if the writer's room realized at the last second that they had no one available from the core cast with which to conveniently pair off Korra at the conclusion, and decided to make her attracted to females simply out of narrative convenience.

This season was a rush job and it shows. Most attempts a drama and inner-turmoil came across a hamfisted, with the characters literally narrating aloud their inner stuggles because evidently there was neither the time nor mental resources available to develop their character arcs in an organic fashion.

So my takeaway from Avatar was that with Season Three as a notable exception (largely due to a shift of focus from poorly written interpersonal drama to nonstop action) poor writing crippled the show; the writing talent convinced themselves they were capable of writing material of a more mature variety than the original Avatar. They were wrong. The result was a soap opera populated by unlikeable turds interspersed with generally strong, well animated and satisfying action sequences.
>>
>>68139747
>>http://imgur.com/a/r0obx
That imgur actually does a good job of illustrating how their interactions get gradually and subtly less platonic as time goes on.
>>
>>68139482
You don't think that's it's kind of sad that their supposed love isn't obvious to you?

I find that poor story telling often times is the culprit but for some reason I see anons trying to stick up for this writing..
>>
>>68139785
>You don't think that's it's kind of sad that their supposed love isn't obvious to you?
I caught the subtext ages ago I just didn't think they'd actually do anything with it.

It could have been better done though yeah.
>>
>>68139781
Fair enough. I disagree with basically everything you said, but neither of us can help the way we feel. Opinions, man.
>>
So what do Korra and Asami do in the spirit world?

I mean, what is there to visit? A lot of places are cool in a psychedelic trippy way, but wouldn't that get old really fast? Seriously, how long are they supposed to be in there?

Disregarding all the sex speculation. I mean, yeah, I guess that could happen in there too, but what else is there to do in the spirit world?
>>
>>68139821
>but wouldn't that get old really fast?
No. No it wouldn't. The Spirit World in LoK is beautiful and trippy and awesome and I could hike in there forever.
>>
File: 1419089872680 (08-06).jpg (36 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1419089872680 (08-06).jpg
36 KB, 604x438
>>68139783
Not really. If you're talking about the whole blush scene that doesn't do a good job at all.

In the last thread I've talked about how women tend to complement one another and how in many stories friends will blush (even men) when complimented by a friend. But please tell me how you some how see a escalation especially when there was zero notable flirting.

>inb4 grasping for straws

>>68139803
>it could have been better done
So you're implying that they're in a relationship after words?

Even though it hasn't been confirmed and your only examples are of platonic social gestures?
>>
>>68139783

Not really. You could make a similar infograph with"implied sexual tension" between Asami and Bolin. The way Asami is drawn she basically has constant bedroom eyes. This is a clear example of 20/20 hindsight. The relationship was hardly planned, Asami was originally designed to be an antagonist for christ's sake.
>>
>>68138707
>It's late at night
>it's actually the middle of the day and everyone is a chill eurobro instead of some retard americunt
>>
OP here. I deliberately asked that you guys not do this. I mean talk about Korrasami if you must but don't do this "IT WAS CLEARLY THERE FROM DAY 1" vs "IT WAS AN ASSPULL AT THE VERY END OF THE SERIES" crap.
>>
File: 1380510051188.gif (467 KB, 270x203) Image search: [Google]
1380510051188.gif
467 KB, 270x203
>>68139856
>Responded to him with a implying version of the same pic he had.
>>
>>68139870
>>it's actually the middle of the day and everyone is a chill eurobro instead of some retard americunt
Speaking as an American I actually have to say I think this is what is happening and it's embarrassing how much basically every board on 4chan improves when most of my countrymen are asleep.
>>
File: bolick.jpg (746 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bolick.jpg
746 KB, 1920x1080
>>68139861
>implying it wasn't Varrick and Bolin that were eye-banging
>>
I felt like they wasted so much time with the Wu scene. We get it. He's a changed person. He doesn't need to spend ~4 minutes singing to show off he can control the badger moles.
>>
>>68139881
>but don't do this "IT WAS CLEARLY THERE FROM DAY 1" vs "IT WAS AN ASSPULL AT THE VERY END OF THE SERIES" crap.
this

Everything that ever could be said about this argument has already been said thousands of times over the last few days. You see it or you don't. End of story.
>>
>>68139906
Bryke are not good writers. Story at 11.
>>
>>68139906
>He doesn't need to spend ~4 minutes singing to show off he can control the badger moles.
Tonal Whiplash-courtesy of Bryke since 2005
>>
>>68139821
yeah, because it's so much more fun to hang out in the city than in fucking endless world of spirits.

Besides, I know it'll sound cheesy but still, there'are so many things to do for those who in real love besides having sex. When I think about their journey something like the journey of Leela and Fry from episode when time stops comes to my mind
>>
File: 1419094320685 (09-25).jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1419094320685 (09-25).jpg
74 KB, 500x375
>>68139861
This I don't think many people in this thread can fully grasp what a relationship is like.

In a series that's good you're not supposed to be left filling in the blanks with huge assumptions, theres supposed to be clues like flirting etc. I've said it before but damn guess ill have to say it again, nothing in those images could really pass as flirting.

And the only image that could pass as flirting was during a time when a character was just getting over a hurdle, showing you that she's ok now and happy to be with a friend whose stylish as fuck. You see how the body language can be interpenetrated as very neutral though? It's either shit writing or forced shipping and I doubt it's the later since they've got a team who has already worked on relationships in shows in the past.
>>
>>68139950
>Besides, I know it'll sound cheesy but still, there'are so many things to do for those who in real love besides having sex.
You're saying this to people watching a franchise where a relationship culminates in kissing and then you're true loves forever.
>>
>>68139238

Nigga, The Last Airbender had nothing like Zaheer.
>>
>>68139962
>I've said it before but damn guess ill have to say it again, nothing in those images could really pass as flirting.

never underestimate the irrationality of shippers
>>
>Can we have a Legend of Korra thread with actual discussion instead of constant threadshitting about Korrasami now?

I guess it was too much to ask.
>>
>>68139976
>where a relationship culminates in kissing and then you're true loves forever.

Toph must have had the same rule as Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman: no kissing.
>>
>>68140000

Nice quads.
>>
>>68140022
Toph doesn't love. She conquers, pillages semen, and 9 months later a baby slides out.
>>
>>68138707
Remember that time she threatened to kill a Judge in a courtroom? I thought that was pretty awesome.
>>
>>68140000
>>68140033
quads confirm there will never be a decent LoK discussion on /co/
>>
File: repeatingdigits.jpg (97 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
repeatingdigits.jpg
97 KB, 600x490
>>68140000
>>68140022
>>68140033
>>
>>68140049
>Remember that time she threatened to kill a Judge in a courtroom?
It was after he left the courtroom.

But yeah Book 1/2 Korra is very different from Book 3/4 Korra and that's cool and good.
>>
>>68139781
>Not to mention that there were any number of better action shows over the past 5 years.
There's a suspicious lack of "Well, well, well..." on this board right now.
>>
File: 1352109087290.png (70 KB, 160x169) Image search: [Google]
1352109087290.png
70 KB, 160x169
>>68140000
>quads
>>
>>68140000
Well Quads confirm.

Give it a year when we know a bit more about the development process, then we can judge with a bit more context. Right now it's just a bunch of back and forth over how shit it all was (and is).
>>
>>68140049
What about that time she conspired to subvert the President's authority and commandeer the military?
>>
>>68139781
>Not to mention that there were any number of better action shows over the past 5 years.
All the shows /co/ claims were better were either ones I saw and thought were not that great, or ones I haven't seen but were cancelled so early I'm afraid to even try, lest I get Fire Fly'd.
>>
File: 1419086170277.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1419086170277.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Post WebMs
>>
File: 1378318195660.png (177 KB, 346x552) Image search: [Google]
1378318195660.png
177 KB, 346x552
>>68140000
>>
>>68139782
>I would have no problem had their infatuation been properly developed outside of one brief moment of sexual tension
the finale scene was just another moment of development
>>
>>68140070
oi, nah, I'm rewatching season 2 right now, he's leaving the room after just sentencing the southerners and korras dad to death and shes all "You take their lives and I'll take yours!", that face he pulls is priceless.

Yeah, as hot headed as she was in the earlier season and the stupid decisions she makes it does make for some great scenes, cant wait till she threatens him again with Naga
>>
File: 1419091601127 (10-58).jpg (36 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1419091601127 (10-58).jpg
36 KB, 604x438
>>68140000
>people don't agree with my opinions
>it's shit posting!

Seriously take off your goggles and see the truth, bryke is a hack who ended up being pressured into shipping for us.

I for one wanted to see these two get together but at the same time I realize the reality, it really was not meant to be. Every thing was completely platonic up until the end which was VERY forced, the hand holding gesture obviously showing love yes.. .But there was no sign of affection before this that wasn't just platonic which leads all of us to only assume bryke is a hack who caved in.

If it wasn't the case some one from the team would have came out and said something about the ending but I'm sure they'll just wait a few years until they can reap the benefits of being "that old progressive cartoon"...
>>
>>68140087
>Give it a year when we know a bit more about the development process, then we can judge with a bit more context.
Nothing should matter whatsoever but what's on screen. I don't care what /co/ thinks. I don't care what tumblr thinks. I don't care what was happening behind the scenes in the studios (outside of amusing trivia like how Asami was originally an equalist spy). I care about what I saw on my screen.

>>68140088
Remember when she attacked a council member in his office to try and force him to release three people arrested as criminals?
>>
File: 1404696981155s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1404696981155s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Is there any way Nick/Viacom/Paramount would sell the rights to the Avatar franchise to another network? Cartoon Network for example?
>>
>>68140088
i vaguely remember now that you mention, i plan on watching the entire season tonight, have only seen it once, itll be good to have a refresher
>>
>>68140124
>oi, nah, I'm rewatching season 2 right now, he's leaving the room after just sentencing the southerners and korras dad to death and shes all "You take their lives and I'll take yours!", that face he pulls is priceless.
Oh right I forgot about that.
>>
>>68140130
>>68140140
How about the attempted war profiteering?
>>
File: 1349832731100.png (52 KB, 493x373) Image search: [Google]
1349832731100.png
52 KB, 493x373
>>68140138
>wanting another season
>>
>>68140129
I never stated my opinion.

Do you really think this discussion is at all interesting? It's just

>Pro Korrasami people: It's there
>Anti Korrasmi people: No it's not.
>Pro: Yes it is
>Anti: No it's not

Over and over and over. You people have no common ground to even debate each other. No ideas are bandied forth. Nothing is communicated. It's just two big groups of children stomping their feet and crying "YES" and "NO" over and over and it's drowning out every other possible piece of discussion.

>>68140138
Why would it be any better off at Cartoon Network? They've buried as many shows as Nick has.
>>
>>68140099
>All the shows /co/ claims were better were either ones I saw and thought were not that great, or ones I haven't seen but were cancelled so early I'm afraid to even try, lest I get Fire Fly'd.

In some ways it's best for a show to go out on top, rather than continuing until it gets stale. Or just puttering along in mediocrity like LoK.
>>
File: qTa3P60.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
qTa3P60.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>68139747
what's with this uniform thing Asami wears?
>>
>>68140040
>tfw no toph gf to pegg you

I wouldn't be on here right now, I'd be getting fucked.

>>68140087
With social media you'd figure they'd just come out and say it, would be much better but I still feel like they're not going to say any thing for a long time.

Can we even considered their plausible relationship canon?
>>
>>68140150
>How about the attempted war profiteering?
That was Varrick, not Korra.

I don't think Korra even gets payed besides a White Lotus stipend. The Avatar ought to start charging for this shit.
>>
>>68140153
>I didn't enjoy it, so no one else did
Stay mad. While it wasn't as grand as TLA I'd enjoy going back to the Avatar-verse in about 3-5 years.
>>
>>68140171
She and Asami collaborated with Varrick on that. They are just as guilty.
>>
>>68140159
LoK got better as it aired though. Can you imagine if it had ended at Season 2?

And some of these shows were cut REALLY short. I don't want to get emotionally invested in something and have to give it up after a single season.
>>
>>68140167
I imagine it was a desperate attempt to get attention. Not something you want to brag about really, it's more powerful if it's ambiguous.

>>68140130
>I only care about whats one screen
Fair enough, but that's to open to interpretation for a definitive 'answer'. It's still terrible writing, but it's very grey.
>>
>>68140181
But Korra wouldn't have made any money. At most she's an accessory.
>>
File: 1414745656231.jpg (45 KB, 776x600) Image search: [Google]
1414745656231.jpg
45 KB, 776x600
>>68140099
>Fire Fly'd.
it still hurts

anyways you should still watch tron uprising
>>
>>68139962
>nothing in those images could really pass as flirting.
Well they retroactively turned it into that, I guess.
Yeah, it's poor writing, but it could've been far worse.

I don't even mind it all that much. At least the then friendship now lesbian subtext between Korra and Asami gave Asami something to do after ages of her just vaguely being there. At least this can kind of pass off as some kind of conclusion for that character who had relatively little going on for her.

If anything I found it interesting how you could exactly tell the point at which Bryke started reading and listening to advice on the internet :"Korra is too boneheaded"
"Asami has nothing to do"
"There should be more Team Avatar friendship" "Korra and Asami have personalities that may work together"
I think even they noticed what kind of bullshit Season 2 was.
>>
>>68140190
>Fair enough, but that's to open to interpretation for a definitive 'answer'.
It's open to interpretation but /co/ wouldn't be nearly this mad if it wasn't pretty clear what the implication was.

Although if straw polls are anything to go by, most /co/ was ok with it actually. The abject rage is from like 25% of posters.
>>
>>68139747
Tend why don't you perceive the ending as them just being friends who have been through some tough shit?

The ending is left open to interpretation, why do you chose to interpret it in the way that you consider does not make sense.

If you think the show have established them as nothing but friends, then you should see the ending as them as being friends.

instead you decided to go with an interpretation that, according to you does not make sense. Why?
>>
File: 1332880462546.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1332880462546.gif
1 MB, 200x150
https://www.tumblr.com/liked/by/michaeldantedimartino

Goddammit bryke.
>>
>>68140187
the final two seasons on average were better than the first two, but only because season 2 was god-awful and season 3 was actually pretty good. season 4 was right back to being underwhelming.
>>
>>68140198
>anyways you should still watch tron uprising
No. I'm never letting that happen to me again. It is NOT better to have loved and lost.
>>
>>68140163
first wave lesbian feminist, the shoulder pads show girls can be leaders too!

but seriously, isnt it her driving gear? cbf verifying for myself
>>
>>68140220
This is wanting me to log in to tumblr and I don't have an account. What am I supposed to be seeing here?

>>68140221
I didn't think LoK was ever godawful. Season 2 was by far the weakest season though, yeah.
>>
>>68140156
>can't make a good point so tries to run a informal fallacy on me

Listen if you didn't catch what the discussion was about it's about writing and how poorly they've illustrated the possible romance between two characters. Not only that but the discussion could turn into one about how to properly FLIRT which some of you don't seem to be able to do, I figured I'd be helping a lot of you. It is all very interesting since this conversation can help us all in more than one way BUT because it doesn't suit you (you obviously have a positive opinion on the plausible relationship why else would you call me out) it's "stupid"..

TL;DR: this is not a battle of opinions it's a info war

we're on /co/ for christ sakes more people should be aware of when they've been handed a shitty story.
>>
>>68140221
I'm rewatching season 2 right now and its pretty good, then again its the first couple of eps were it the civil war deal rather than spirit bullshit. the animation is hard to watch at times but
>>
>>68140208
>straw polls
They are completely unreliable. Shit a bot could just wreck any result.
>>
>>68140244
>TL;DR: this is not a battle of opinions it's a info war
jesus christ
>>
I've watched the first two seasons and kind of lost all investment. I know season 3 and 4 are better but... I don't know if I want to bother getting invested in the characters again. Is it worth it, /co/?
>>
File: likedby.png (422 KB, 638x824) Image search: [Google]
likedby.png
422 KB, 638x824
>>68140220
>>68140237
>>
>>68140258
What the fuck else are we supposed to rely on?

>>68140269
If you outright hated the first two seasons, probably not.
>>
>>68140269
3 is. 4 probably isn't.
>>
File: really.jpg (42 KB, 759x421) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
42 KB, 759x421
>>68140254
>then again its the first couple of eps

just wait
>>
>>68140244
>Not only that but the discussion could turn into one about how to properly FLIRT which some of you don't seem to be able to do, I figured I'd be helping a lot of you.
Yes Anon. Tell me how you flirt. Teach me how to pick up women like you.

>>68140283
There's no reason to watch 3 if you're not gonna watch 4. Unless you just get off on the idea of Korra being crippled for life and emotionally traumatized.
>>
File: congratulations_shinji!.jpg (64 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
congratulations_shinji!.jpg
64 KB, 720x540
>>68140276
>Congratulations, Korra
>>
>>68140208
the average rating from /co/ came out to about 6/10, about right for a mediocre show.
>>
>>68140278
I didn't hate them per-say. I liked parts and was interested in bits but the way the characters are written, the villains are done and the like, from a writing perspective it's just trash. Although I'm still super salty about the dropped ball when it came to Amon and the Equalists
>>
>>68140300
Yes but 3 at least ends with quality. 4 just goes downhill from episode 6
>>
>>68140220
pffft. what the fuck does he know. they're just feeling each others temperatures via foreheads.
>anon clearly doesn't have sisters.
>>
File: 1411777382904.png (334 KB, 417x508) Image search: [Google]
1411777382904.png
334 KB, 417x508
>>68140286
why didn't korra use her giant blue powers against the Colossus
>>
>>68140314
>the average rating from /co/ came out to about 6/10, about right for a mediocre show.
No it didn't. 6/10 was the second most common rating but 7/10, 8/10, and 9/10 all had a ton more votes than anything below 6/10.

The /co/ consensus, if accurately judged by that poll (a fairly big if) was that it was above average to good.
>>
>>68139782
I would've liked it if Korra actually had looked into Kuvira's backstory all of her own accord, maybe back at Zao Fu(????). She dismisses it at the time, but by the time the finale rolls around she actually understands.
That would've maybe taken 10 minutes...
Oh well.
Still I don't hate this either. The theme of this season was Korra reflecting on her enemies and trying to grow beyond her own flaws. Even if her particular insight into Kuvira comes out of nowhere, it still fits thematically.
>>
>>68140308
what was a more out of place ending, "congratulations Shinji" or "suddenly lesbians"?
>>
>>68140315
>I didn't hate them per-say. I liked parts and was interested in bits but the way the characters are written, the villains are done and the like, from a writing perspective it's just trash.
Well those are both much better in the last two seasons so give it a shot.

>>68140331
Harmonic Convergence only.
>>
File: 1303029960630.png (9 KB, 344x341) Image search: [Google]
1303029960630.png
9 KB, 344x341
>>68140276
>confirmed that korrasami is canon
>confirmed that bryke are shit writers
good now we can all stop talking about this.
>>
>>68140286
yeah, half way through writing I was enjoying it I remembered... fuck it, still gonna watch tho, maybe itll be a little better marathoned than week to week.
>>
>>68140333
someone ran the numbers and it was an average of ~6.2. I can't argue with maths.
>>
>>68140344
I didn't dislike either one, but Suddenly Lesbians was more out of place than "Congratulations, Shinji".

God the Eva original finale was a clusterfuck though.
>>
File: truth1.png (46 KB, 1880x234) Image search: [Google]
truth1.png
46 KB, 1880x234
>>68139782
>>
>>68140355
>good now we can all stop talking about this.
Oh you poor naive soul

This is all that will be in Korra discussions for the next three months at least.

>>68140366
Good job screencapping your own post from this very thread.
>>
>>68140308
oh someone please edit this or a drawfag make a version with korra and other avatar characters
>>
>>68140359
Someone link it again I want to double check this.

I haven't seen the poll in awhile so it's possible there was a big shift in it over the last day or so.
>>
>>68140190
>I imagine it was a desperate attempt to get attention.
You really think that's a decent excuse?

Leaving it ambiguous gives every one what they wants and leads us to conclude things that shouldn't be left open ended especially since like I've said before, certain things just weren't as obvious as some people here want you to believe.

>Not something you want to brag about really, it's more powerful if it's ambiguous.
"A strong female MC is also a bisexual guys"

That's something they should definitely brag about if true.

How many female MCs do you know who are like that in a children's show or any cartoon shows for that matter? And no shipping doesn't count.

>>68140214
>The ending is left open to interpretation, why do you chose to interpret it in the way that you consider does not make sense.
Playing a bit of devils advocate here I guess, until something is said ill be fine with the either way it goes. I agree with you though but if it is true what people imply then I want them to spot the issues and talk about them instead of praising the body of work.

>>68140276
Smh.
>>
>>68140254
I remember the first episode of season 2 being pretty good. Unalaq had some good points; the spiritual aspect of bending was lost in favor of crass commercialism and industrial etc.
>>
>>68139881
You should've known better than to talk about a show with girls in it.
>>
>>68139929
God that really had no business being in the middle of the fucking robot fight.
>>
Is there a chance they will do a kickstarter to make another season or a new avatar, like how Wakfu did and if not, any ideas if they're going to make comics?
>>
File: 1419089870776 (10-58).png (340 KB, 798x438) Image search: [Google]
1419089870776 (10-58).png
340 KB, 798x438
>>68140344
Suddenly lesbians, shinji thing made since small budget couldn't do much of any thing show as getting ready to end and they just didn't give a fuck.

Suddenly lesbians is just pandering to tumblr, who I really can't stand now... Ruined a show that could have other wise been really decent.

Thanks bryke for all those platonic hints, the shippes sure saw it coming.
>>
File: Varrick.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Varrick.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>68140414
Commercialism and industrialization are good things though.

>mfw

>>68140431
Yeah I'm about done with /co/. I only come here because none of my friends watched Korra and everywhere else to discuss it is just as bad in different ways.

>>68140441
There is no way this show could raise the required budget via kickstarter even if they had the legal right to do so.
>>
>>68140129
>bryke is
It's completely insane the amounts of people who come here for discussion, clearly have read a lot of other talk about it and still adress Bryke as a single entity.
>>
>>68139238
All the villains were good in the first half of the season and then held the evul villain ball by the end of their season. Except Zaheer whose character and goals were fairly consistent throughout, but that's only because he was an anarchy strawman from the beginning.
>>
>>68140454
Bryke is a single entity just like Unalaq and Vaatu are a single entity.
>>
>>68140385
comes out to ~7.1 now, probably a little bot stuffing in the last 24 hours

http://strawpoll.me/3223037/r
>>
>>68138707
I was expecting some deaths. Jist a few. Mako dying to save the others. Korra killed in avatarstate or something.
>>
>>68140466
Ah it went up, so it's bot stuffing. I see how it is.

Yeah I know, if it had gone the other way someone that loved the show would say the say thing.
>>
>>68140466
Obviously a bot. There's more votes than /co/ frequenters who care enough to vote. And Korra is the type of show that breeds the autism required to rig this.
>>
File: 1419090421691 (10-58).png (225 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
1419090421691 (10-58).png
225 KB, 604x438
>>68140441
>wanting more

Ill only chip in if they can stay away from nick but I doubt it, they probably own the writes to this show and wouldn't allow them to branch off and do their own thing.. Would be amazing if we could get more adult stories.

>>68140276
My waifu is a lesbian this is the 10th time to happen to me but worse this time around because she's 2D... Every time I say no more tomboys, I just keep coming back.
>>
>>68140484
Generally people are more willing to put in effort for something they hate than something they like, though.

>tfw both sides bot and they cancel each other out
>>
>>68140484
>>68140479

It's still not a great showing to reach 7.1 with bot stuffing though.
>>
>>68140502
The botters were clever enough to aim lower to seem more realistic.

It's not a bot you faggots
>>
>>68140315
>per-say
God, you fucking murricans.
>>
Does anyone have the comic there Kuvira and Bataar jr. say that they love eachother, but in the next panel Kuvira's trying to hold in her laughter behind his back?
>>
>>68140372
Nah I'm not that guy, I've been screencapping a lot of the posts here for posterity. Thought I'd share that one

>>68140403
>That's something they should definitely brag about if true.
Nick could still pull the plug on this, so they couldn't have made it too blatant. I think what they did and not confirming it is the max they could get away with

>you think that's an excuse?
More a reason then an excuse
>>
Do people actually like Wu's dialogue when the scene is trying to be funny? I felt like Bryke was just trying to fill in their "humor" quota by having Wu say random shit for a good couple minutes that don't say anything new about his character.

It's the little things in ATLA like Sokka poking Zuko with a stick as revenge in episode 1 and Toph's dialogue that made it enjoyable.
>>
>>68138707

It was a very poor series finale, lack luster and poorly executed and poorly resolved for both plot and character arcs. It was obviously rushed, and I can tell.

Moreover, I fail to understand how this book brought "balance" to anything. Republic city now lays in ashes, the earth kingdom is now balkanized without a central government, and the spirits, once again, proved ambivalent towards the United Republic's dilemma even when their homes in the spirit wilds were at stake, bringing into question Korra's decision to have the portals remain open.

Korra's personal arc was her simply overcoming her PTSD, and that was resolved late rising action, so the point is moot.

Most of the other characters had little to no development, and its hacknyeyed attempts at both quirky humor and emotion felt ham fisted and forced. Verisimilitude can be chucked right out the window when we've gone from model T's and lorries to goddamn spirit powered mecha suits.

And moreover, Kuvira was boring as an antagonist. Unlike some of the other antagonists who were actually well crafted, Kuvira's motivation and conflict with the protagonists simply stemmed out of deeply seated parental issues (which are barely touched upon) rather than anything of actual substance.

And don't get me started on the ending. No, I'm not upset that it used the implication of bisexualism to end the series. What I'm mad about is that it was nearly out of the blue, and it made no sense within the context of the series, all to appease what were essentially fetishists with their dicks clutched in their hands and tumblrite fan girls. I don't even understand why it was Asami rather than gang. Asami is more of a walking talking narrative device than an actual character, with no development or personality. What's more is that by virtue of shoehorning this in, it will shield the creators from any form of criticism through the implication of homophobia and consumer entitlement.
>>
>>68140509
That's the same thing, for all intensive porpoises.
>>
>>68140446
>Commercialism and industrialization are good things though.
From what we had seen of seasons 1 and that episode of 2, he was right. Man in the Avatarland was arrogant. Unalaq could have made a good villain and set up some Princess Mononoke conflict, but instead he went full "unleash unspeakable evil" for no reason.

I'm only on /co/ because all my friends loved the finale and I don't have the heart to tell them that they're wrong.
>>
>>68140508

96 people rated it 10/10 best show ever.
>>
>>68140522
>Moreover, I fail to understand how this book brought "balance" to anything.

Probably should have learned by now that the book titles mean fuck-all when it comes to what actually goes down.
>>
>>68140521
90% of Bryke's humor falls utterly flat for me and it has ever since Book 1 of ATLA. I wish they'd stop trying to be funny. The occasional moments where they pull it off aren't worth the cringe I get most of the time.
>>
>>68140130
>Asami was originally an equalist spy
They should've stuck with that. That would've spared her from uselessly bouncing around for four seasons.
>>
>>68140545
you mean Meelo wasn't the funniest fucking thing of all time?
>>
>>68140550
*three seasons
>>
>>68140550
I think they should have given her airbending at the beginning of Book 3 instead of Bumi, personally.
>>
File: oh baby.png (111 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
oh baby.png
111 KB, 444x250
>>68138707
Am I the only one who found Korra's torture at the end of season 3 and her subsuquent physical and mental anguish throughout a good chunk of season 4 arousing?

Thats never happened to me before. Normally I'd feel sad when characters are broken and beaten down. But with Korra I just found it irresistibly sexy. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>68140521

Bolin was the same for me, his put a sock in it line was so damn flat, then he had to explain the joke. Most of his gags were exactly the same.

They really should lessen the "comedy" unless they can nail it.
>>
>>68139238

> 1.Amon. Awesome potential, destroyed by shitty writing

Amon was perfect. If you're one of the retards who think Amon's character was somehow ruined by the reveal then you still don't understand what the first season was about and why Amon's story perfectly resonated with Korra's.

Honestly, I don't know why you americans have such a raging hard-on for masked one-dimensional boogieman's.

> 2.Vaatu Unalaq. Should've been endgame villain

The bigger issue with Unalaq was his dry and dull personality and not the order in which he appeared in the series.

> 3.Zaheer. TLA standard

Is that an insult? TLA villains were horribly bad. TLA had one half-decent villain.

> 4.Kuvira. One dimensional character, only at the finale did the writers asspull a sob story out of nowhere to justify the shitting ending

I know you're trying to appear smart, anon, but don't use terms whose meaning you don't even understand.
>>
>>68140569
God that was a wasted plotline. Didn't end up being the least bit relevant past the first half of the season.
>>
>>68140576
>Am I the only one who found Korra's torture at the end of season 3 and her subsuquent physical and mental anguish throughout a good chunk of season 4 arousing?
I strongly doubt it.

>Is there something wrong with me?
Arguably but you can't help it and I wouldn't call you evil for having a weird fetish.
>>
>>68140585

>yuropoors being condescending again

why am I not suprised?
>>
>>68140511
bumping request
>>
>>68140593
>Didn't end up being the least bit relevant past the first half of the season.
It was actually how the main conflict was resolved though. And a big part of the stakes in the finale.
>>
>>68140518
I don't know what else to say dude, while I'm happy it's now confirmed cannon I'm upset it was so forced...

I wish the other guy was right when he said it was left open ended, now I'm just left feeling sour.. Feel like I've been raped, I wanted it but not like this.
>>
>>68140522

>Moreover, I fail to understand how this book brought "balance" to anything. Republic city now lays in ashes, the earth kingdom is now balkanized without a central government, and the spirits, once again, proved ambivalent towards the United Republic's dilemma even when their homes in the spirit wilds were at stake, bringing into question Korra's decision to have the portals remain open.

I guess it really is true. Korra really is the worst avatar ever.
>>
>>68140605
There is nothing left but shitposting, Anon. I shitpost at you, you shitpost at me. It's all there is.

Faggot.
>>
>>68140611
>Feel like I've been raped, I wanted it but not like this.
get your fucking priorities straight Anon. Jesus Fucking Christ.
>>
>>68140530
>unleash unspeakable evil
>>
>>68140457
1. Amon
>starts with a good point about about the inherent inequality of benders vs non benders and the corrupt council feeds into this
>Korra says "nuh uh bending is totally the coolest thing" (actual quote)
>Amon becomes a generic terrorist and tries to take over the city through force

2. Unalaq
>starts off with good points about how huanity has gotten away from their spiritual side
>even shows flashbacks of the first avatar one with the spirits and other cool stuff validating the idea that spirits and humanity are no longer in balance
>jk I want to destroy the whole world

3. Zaheer
>anarchy is the only way to live with true freedom, a logical extension of the Air Nomad way of life
>decides to take out world leaders
>the Avatar is the longest institution of all and should be destroyed too

Kuvira
>wants to bring order and reunite her people after the chaos Zaheer caused
>takes matters into her own hands after seeing a perceived failure of the monarchy
>yolo lets blow up random buildings in Republic City with our new super weapon
>>
File: images (9).jpg (13 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
13 KB, 225x224
>>68140618
>>
>>68140585
TLA standard referring to Azula you dumbcunt
>>
File: Zhao approval 1.jpg (156 KB, 494x600) Image search: [Google]
Zhao approval 1.jpg
156 KB, 494x600
>>68140649
>>Korra says "nuh uh bending is totally the coolest thing" (actual quote)
...did you think this was supposed to be an actual argument in her favor?

I mean shortly before this she was eating fish out of a public pond and discovering the concept of a homeless person for the first time. That comment was to show how out of her element Korra was.
>>
>>68140610
>It was actually how the main conflict was resolved though
It had nothing to do with taking down the Red Lotus except in very small ways.

> And a big part of the stakes in the finale.
Only in the sense that Mr Mime Kai showed up to do nothing important.
>>
File: rs-solid.0.gif (989 KB, 500x185) Image search: [Google]
rs-solid.0.gif
989 KB, 500x185
>tfw Nick/Viacom will never sell the rights to the Avatar franchise
>tfw we will never have a 3rd series set in the Avatar universe
>>
>>68140676
Zaheer is better than Azula though. Azula is ok but nothing more.

>>68140689
Group airbending is what brought down Zaheer and saved Korra.

>Only in the sense that Mr Mime Kai showed up to do nothing important.
I was referring to Zaheer holding the new Airbenders hostage.
>>
File: ep_25197_0.jpg (97 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ep_25197_0.jpg
97 KB, 1366x768
Anyone else is kinda sad that we won't get any other series in Avatar world? I know there are Dark Horse's comics but it doesn't feel the same.
I really hope that next Bryke project will have equally good worldbulding as Avatar had.
>>
File: 1347756696622.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1347756696622.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>68140611
> Feel like I've been raped
That might be a bit much dude.

But i'd have to agree in that I feel like shit. I never wanted this to be canon, I still don't. I have to now come to terms with this shit ending, and i'm not sure how. I hate that hollow feeling, fuck this.
>>
>>68138707
Kuvira was the most poorly written shit ever. It was lower than Amon tier. This honestly completely ruined Book 4 for me. We could've had a decent lady Hitler, who was not a little bitch.
>>
>>68140684
No. It was the writers telling the kids that Amon it totally wrong and this show is awesome because it has bending.
>>
File: bedroom eyes.png (564 KB, 1345x738) Image search: [Google]
bedroom eyes.png
564 KB, 1345x738
>>68140598
Oh, okay then. I just thought it was strange that this kind of fetish would manifest from this show of all things. I don't even know what to call it or If I would like more of it or if my arousal was specifically tied to korra's torture itself. Its an terrible feeling when you don't understand exactly what path your dick is leading you down.
>>
>>68140690

Its for the best, anon.

We can't trust Mike and Bryan not to pound what remains of the dead horse into glue.
>>
>>68140690
>inb4 edgy faggots that live just to shit up Korra threads say "good"
>>
File: korra lip2.png (94 KB, 245x306) Image search: [Google]
korra lip2.png
94 KB, 245x306
>>68140715
>No. It was the writers telling the kids that Amon it totally wrong and this show is awesome because it has bending.
I fucking give up.
>>
I think the last scene would have been better if Mako and Bolin joined them and they all lept into the portal together.
>>
>>68140649
Why the fuck can't Bryke resolve anything properly when they do such great beginnings for their villains? Was it time constraints? pressure from the network?

As you pointed out it was the same damn problem every season. Surely something must have happened.
>>
>>68140269
I bailed during season 2 and came back for season 3 and 4. I think it was worth it. Still haven't watched the rest of season 2.
>>
>>68140716
I would speculate that this aroused you more than other instances because you formed an emotional attachment to Korra's character.

I have similar sadistic fantasies and they ironically only get me off if I sympathize with the victim.

But you could be totally different from me.
>>
>>68138707
I hate how Kuvira's mech was getting its shit pushed by a few benders. Why didn't the United Army just pile on all over it? I would be overwhelmed instantly.
>>
File: 1330211879833.png (31 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
1330211879833.png
31 KB, 395x405
>>68140737
BUT ANON WHAT ABOUT MUH SHIP?
>>
>>68140737
this
>>
>>68140710

All they needed to do was not undermine her with the whole orphan schtick.

Just say how privileged she was and how the rest of the earth kingdom was a shock. The queen had her citizens under her boot and the rest of the world was content with the status quo.
>>
>>68140744
I was happy with the endings of Book 3 and Book 4.

I'll never understand people that let the last minute an a half of Book 4's finale make or break the whole show.
>>
>>68140744
Because they are idea guys who can't actually write.
>>
>>68140759
>All they needed to do was not undermine her with the whole orphan schtick.
That was established pretty early on.
>>
>>68140522

>What's more is that by virtue of shoehorning this in, it will shield the creators from any form of criticism through the implication of homophobia and consumer entitlement.

And this is what I take issue with. Everything you've said is right, but because of that 3 minutes, anyone who dares reproach it will be forced to check their privilege.
>>
File: 1413644327863.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1413644327863.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>68140636
I'm so unhappy, why was I born a man..

My first girl friend would have stayed with me if I were a woman, she never came out and told me she was gay I had to find out through mutual friends... I've taken my anger out on this thread and for that I sorry I got what I needed in the end I guess.

Ill never really be happy though. dammit.
>>
>>68140783
Conversely, I think virtually everything he said is wrong, and I'm annoyed that no one's talking about all the cool things about this ending because Korrasami happened.
>>
>>68140780

Exactly, and then they do the retcon at the end to say it's cause she was an orphan and nobody loved her.

Again they start well and then the resolution has to break things. Just leave as is, have her hauled off broken, crying for her country and her inability to believe anything korra or anyone else says considering their past treatment of the earth kingdom.
>>
>>68140761
>I was happy with the endings of Book 3 and Book 4

talk-no-jutsu is not ok for the villian of the season. the last minute and a half of S4 is all that saved it, the resolution with Kuvira was bullshit.
>>
>>68140809
>Exactly, and then they do the retcon at the end to say it's cause she was an orphan and nobody loved her.
You're agreeing with me by stating the exact opposite of what I said and it's weird.

It's not a retcon. Her being an orphan was something established about her character early in the season.

>>68140815
It was exactly the resolution that needed to happen.
>>
I'd like ot say something about Korrasami however. I don't think the intention of the final scene was to show us that they were already committed in a romantic relationship. I think the whole point is that Korra and Asami found something new, like they found some sort of attraction to one another and they will try to experiment a bit with it, to see how it goes from that point on. Like saying ''hey, why not?'' Sadly Bryke didn't bother to develop this IN the story, like they did with Kataang, Kataang was a slow buildup where by the finale they sealed their romantic commitment to one another. Korrasami is, let's compare it to, Kataang during book 2. The attraction is there, but nothing yet has been confirmed. That is how I see it.
>>
So we don't get to see anything of the fire nation except its navy and firelord?
>>
File: 1402421296088s.jpg (7 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1402421296088s.jpg
7 KB, 250x244
>>68140720
>>68140721
It's just sad to see it go, you know? Despite the low points of this series I honestly thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. Part of me still hopes Nick either sells the rights to another network that will give Bryke and a team of writers some creative freedom or they bring it back but don't shaft the show with shitty timeslots. On the other hand, maybe it's best just to stop beating the dead horse. As someone who watched this series from the ATLA pilot to the LoK finale, it just feels a bit surreal is all.
>>
>>68140832
I like it precisely because of what you said. I don't see that as a detriment to it.

The ending is Korra and Asami basically saying "Why not, let's give it a shot."
>>
>>68140823
The orphan thing could've done with showing how Kuvira was affected by it early on, and not just exposition. A short montage or something at the start of Book 4 would've boosted the value of the resolution to Kuvira better imo.
>>
>>68140823
>It was exactly the resolution that needed to happen.
She conquered and entire country, send god know how many people to concentration camps, built a super weapon, killed go know how many people in republic city and tried to kill the love of her life and the people that raised her without a second of hesitation.

all resolved with one fucking conversation.
>>
>>68140802

Beyond your average spectacle and fantastic conflict with a giant robot that shoots hyperdestructive spirit lasers and decent animation, what exactly was cool about it?

You see this shit in mecha cartoons all the time, nothing about it was truly extraordinary.
>>
>>68140847
Yes, it would. We needed an episode focusing on Kuvira.

The orphan thing is not a retcon though, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>68140838
Yes, they all didn't do shit.
>>
>>68140838
Probably wanted to get away from them after the original series centered around them.
>>
>>68140823
>It's not a retcon. Her being an orphan was something established about her character early in the season.

Indeed, but it then becomes the defining character trait that drove her to everything. I would rather she was left as a strong character with a strong conviction for what she was doing, instead of being turned into an emotional wreck filled with pity and regret.

I get that it gives Korra a counterpoint to show her growth, but they could have still had her try to talk reason into Kuvira only resign herself to pity when it doesn't work.
>>
File: there is no exit.png (584 KB, 975x1539) Image search: [Google]
there is no exit.png
584 KB, 975x1539
>>68140840
>stuck on the Bryke ride
Yeh shit sucks. Still, at least there's the comics
>>
>>68140832
Nicely put.
>>
>>68140854
Korra had thoroughly beaten her even before they talked.

>>68140855
Korra's character coming full circle is the main thing. Plus it was an Avatar finale where the Avatar won without Deus ex Machina. That was cool.
>>
File: 1419061104050.jpg (111 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1419061104050.jpg
111 KB, 500x324
>>68140522
>Moreover, I fail to understand how this book brought "balance" to anything. Republic city now lays in ashes, the earth kingdom is now balkanized without a central government, and the spirits, once again, proved ambivalent towards the United Republic's dilemma even when their homes in the spirit wilds were at stake, bringing into question Korra's decision to have the portals remain open.
>>
>>68140153
Imagine if Bryke and Nick sell the rights to CN, and CN gets new people to take over and creates a prequel that never ever ever has to reference or acknowledge any of the shit that was made canon in TLOK

Adult Swim TV14-MA rated
>>
>>68140840
Yeah man it's sad. Feels like it was just yesterday that the show was being rumored about and that animatic of Korea doing a bunch of kicks was released. I hate post-show/movie depression.
>>
>>68140860
They were the bad guys in ATLA, but we still got to see every other nation more or less equally. Seems pretty stupid to have a sequel then not even show a glimpse of what the previous bad guy's nation looks like now.
>>
>>68140872
>Korra had thoroughly beaten her even before they talked.
So a good pummeling and a talk-no-jutsu was all it took to completely turn around her way of thinking despite everything she'd done upto this point.

and you're really ok with that? maybe all hitler needed was a good punch and a stern talking to.
>>
>>68140878
>adult swim
>budget
>CN
>keeping action cartoons not name Ben10 around for more than a season or 2
Face it. We only held on to Korra despite the flaws because it was the only show in town at this point.
>>
>>68140888
>Korea

lolautocorrect
Korra
>>
>>68140690
What would the next show even be? Avatar Beyond?
>>
>>68140902
>all it took to completely turn around her way of thinking despite everything she'd done upto this point.
I never got the impression that she'd COMPLETELY turned around her way of thinking.
>>
>>68140902
Hitler did nothing wrong though.
>>
File: 1402776547832.jpg (4 KB, 161x110) Image search: [Google]
1402776547832.jpg
4 KB, 161x110
Why is everyone trying to pretend the ending was supposed to be Korra and Asami ending up together?
>>
>>68140707
>next Bryke project
Action cartoons are dead. Even smug Korra couldn't survive anymore.
>>
>>68140905
Cyberpunk avatar would be pretty cool.

>>68140902
>maybe all hitler needed was a good punch and a stern talking to.
Couldn't have hurt.
>>
>>68140872

>Korra's character coming full circle is the main thing.

What, that she finally learned how to empathize with the antagonist?

>Plus it was an Avatar finale where the Avatar won without Deus ex Machina.

She talked out of it (if not outright redeeming her) after beating her ass by making the comparison that "LOL WE'RE NOT SO DIFFERENT". That seems awfully anticlimactic.
>>
>>68140925
>What, that she finally learned how to empathize with the antagonist?
That's part of it, yeah.

Honestly though I don't even feel like going into it because I'm gonna get fifteen six paragraph long essays on how I'm wrong, a faggot, and everything about Korra is completely irredeemable. I'm done. You've done it, /co/. I just don't care about talking about this series anymore. You're far more invested in hating it than I am in defending it. I surrender.
>>
File: 1393239246202.jpg (75 KB, 473x592) Image search: [Google]
1393239246202.jpg
75 KB, 473x592
>>68140786
>>
>>68140917
There are two sides to this argument; those who think it's undeniably canon and those who still deny it with fervor. I think it's more in the middle of it, it's neither of the two. It ended where it could possibly develop into something more, or they will leave it at that and remain friends. Though I think Bryke's intention was to show us that they will end up together sometime in the future, however they decided to leave it up to our imaginations.
>>
File: 1407817426341.gif (220 KB, 286x120) Image search: [Google]
1407817426341.gif
220 KB, 286x120
>>68140919
Avatar truly was the last action cartoon. The next closest thing thing I can think of is TMNT but that's fucking pushing it. The end of an era really.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.