[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleepless Domain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1450703573-0307.jpg (633 KB, 800x1227) Image search: [Google]
1450703573-0307.jpg
633 KB, 800x1227
Our Supposed Protagonist, Ladies and Gentlemen;

Refuses to explain herself to person who a) saved her life, crippling herself (as a magical girl) in doing so and b) who could be a source of support in her life which is more or likely going to go to shit pretty fucking quickly.
>>
>>78361495
I don't get why they killed KFC the main cast so early after going through all the trouble of introducing them.
>>
>>78362802
*Off

I don't know why my keyboard has been doing this lately
>>
File: b5zuaGU.jpg (120 KB, 363x345) Image search: [Google]
b5zuaGU.jpg
120 KB, 363x345
>>78362825
I was wondering.

This is one hell of a magic trick Mary's trying to pull; First she has to deal with a lot of people having their favourite character bumped off or left powerless (which I could imagine was a lot of the audience given Undine's presence was non existent) and then she has to make Undine likeable to make the audience sympathetic to her when she's trudging though the events to come.

Mouthing off to Tessa and not explaining herself is not conducive to that and, frankly, is just making me wish Mary would sort out that cliffhanger she left Kiwi Blitz on instead.

And yes some of that is me being miffed that Gwen died, ain't even gonna pretend otherwise.
>>
>>78361495
>>78362802
>>78363058
I haven't watched any of the magical girl shows this is supposed to be referencing, but I think Mary mentioned somewhere that what she was trying to do with this was taking the character usually relegated to the background role and forcing them to do things. I think the example she gave was whichever Sailor Moon character was water themed? In any case, I like that she's trying something different, and it makes sense that someone who is used to being treated as scenery might react like this.

That said, I do feel like this page is a cliche "I won't explain my motives now so that they can be gradually revealed later and used as characterization" type thing, which is frustrating but hopefully won't have any lasting impacts on quality.
>>
>>78363850
>"I won't explain my motives now so that they can be gradually revealed later and used as characterization"

That's usually "fine" but the optics in this situation are horrendous; "Thanks person who gave up everything to save me. I'm going to go back to the thing that nearly killed me with a near grantee that it'll happen again rending your sacrifice a complete waste!"

Undine is being a snippy little shite about all this and if she got dunked on in the next page it wouldn't be drama, it'd be karma.
>>
>>78363850
I think the backlash from being brought back to life using magic that wasn't designed to do that is going to babe a interesting effect on her, like she'll be able to swap between elements or or mix water with the other elements
>>
I hope the other characters come through her personality/as ghosts. It'd be a shame to lose the full extent of such a good team dynamic so quickly.
>>
>>78364928
That might be a bit emotionally cheap.
>>
>>78365110
That's why I'm saying they should show up as her new powers.
>>
>>78361495
I have not seen this before.
Link and summery please?
>>
>>78368709
http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover magical girls get dead
>>
File: Consider the RURIIIIIIIII.jpg (65 KB, 908x622) Image search: [Google]
Consider the RURIIIIIIIII.jpg
65 KB, 908x622
>>78364082
The impression I got was that Tessa's magic somehow imprinted the ghosts of the other three girls on her along with their powers, along with Tessa's own.

She was the most logical one of the bunch, so the ONLY reason it'd make sense for her to suddenly go "I'm going solo, thanks for saving my life but I'm going to go do shit that will try to kill me again" is because she knows she can effortlessly deal with that threat should it come again.

Plus, it gives us the opportunity to not have our favorite characters killed off so early in the plot, by having them chattering away in Undine's skull, and it gives Tessa a possible dynamic later where she teaches Undine about using her own former powers but doesn't want to because Undine was a bitch now.

I dunno, mang.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.