[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If [superhero other than The Flash] is so great then why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 1052748-museum.jpg (71 KB, 476x640) Image search: [Google]
1052748-museum.jpg
71 KB, 476x640
If [superhero other than The Flash] is so great then why don't they have a museum?
>>
>>78336043
Because Marvel civilians are cunts who would never admit to liking a superhero unless it makes things harder for the main character of a book.

No, I'm not going to say who it is, you fucking know this applies to every Marvel character.
>>
>>78336043
Superman wouldn't let Metropolis waste such money and would insist they donate it to a children's shelter or homeless relief effort.

Batman's whole striking fear into the hearts of criminals thing wouldn't work if there was a whole museum dedicated to de-mythicising him.

Wonder Woman probably had exhibits in museums for years along with the Greek pantheon.

Green Lantern's adventures mostly take place in space, so mankind doesn't really know the ins and outs of his work - and what would that exhibit contain anyways?

Same for Jon.

Flash's museum is a symbol for how he connects with his city more than any other hero. He's open. He's there. He's not godly like Superman, or mysterious from the shadows like Bats. Flash is one of the people, and the museum lets the people get to know and celebrate one of their own who just happens to be super powered.
>>
Superman took all the stuff that would make cool museum exhibits and dumped it in the Arctic
>>
>>78336171
Ditto Batman and the Batcave's giant penny wing.
>>
>>78336136
>what would that exhibit contain anyways?
I think I remember in one Flash comic where there was a Green Lantern museum instead of a Flash one, though I think it was a mirror world, where Barry didn't become the Flash.
>>
File: hal jordan museum.jpg (266 KB, 936x775) Image search: [Google]
hal jordan museum.jpg
266 KB, 936x775
>>78336203
Yes, it was in a mirror world without a Flash.
>>
>>78336384
>Exhibit about his underage space girlfriend
Top kek
>>
>>78336136
>>78336043
Didn't Flash build that museum himself?

Doesn't it contain creepy shit like his enemies frozen in reverse forward time because he had to go fast, but he didn't have to give them a trial or any of the other things a Justice League might reasonably be expected to be in favor of?
>>
>>78336076
I love the scene in JLA/Avengers where Quicksilver finds the Flash museum and gets all pissy about it and then the Avengers decide that the JLA is probably a bunch of secret tyrants forcing people to love them since they couldn't wrap their heads around the general public loving and appreciating their super heroes
>>
Superman has a museum in the future, and Booster Gold's origins are tied to him being part of a museum

Also Batman gets to be in real life museums
>>
>>78336182
Actually let's talk about it, how did he get the giant penny? Strapped onto the batmobile to strike laughter into the hearts of criminals? Bat - Planed it out from Two - Face? Some kind of Bat Purse? And how did he get it standing up in the cave? Thing weights prob like a ton.
I want a story about that.
>>
>>78337414
There used to be a criminal known as the Penny Pincher back the in days when pennies were made of copper and we're actually worth shit. One of his crimes involved a giant penny and Bats kept it after foiling him. Though most writers recon it to being one of Joker's scemes.
>>
File: ASBR04_06-11r1.jpg (586 KB, 2586x663) Image search: [Google]
ASBR04_06-11r1.jpg
586 KB, 2586x663
>>78336043
just because they're not open to the public doesn't mean the Fortress of Solitude and the Batcave aren't museums.
>>
>>78337145
I dont get why that crossover gets so much hate.
>>
Because NYC makes up half the U.S in the Marvel Universe apparently.

Cap deserves a museum.
>>
>>78337468
I meant the transportation to Batcave process, thanks through <3
>>
>>78337468
pretty sure it's been retconned as being a Two-Face thing.

Joker doesn't do stuff that elaborate anymore, when he could just kill twelve city blocks with sarin gas and then make googly eyes at Batman.
>>
>>78337514
Does it? I've never really seen anyone hate on it, I think it's great
>>
File: Starman_Museum_01.jpg (326 KB, 1141x457) Image search: [Google]
Starman_Museum_01.jpg
326 KB, 1141x457
The only other such museum I know of is the Starman Museum in Opal City. Which I'm sure doesn't exist in on Earth-Nu, alas.
>>
>>78336136
THIS

The Flash never loses sight over the people he protects daily. He runs shoulders with civilians and sees them go about. He doesn't look down on them in the sky like most heroes do.

Superman soars above us, Batman lurks around us, but The Flash runs alongside us.
>>
>>78337505
We usually just call those "collections".
>>
Superman does get a museum though. Booster Gold steals his shit.
>>
>>78337521
He and the Howling Commandos got an exhibit in the Smithsonian in Winter Soldier.
>>
>>78337514
It doesn't. Only the fan-voted crossovers do.
>>
>>78337941
It's a shared museum, Booster stole a little bit from everyone.
>>
>>78337145
Remember when Wally tried to calm a lynch mob that was after one of the neighborhood kids whose mutation manifested? That panel really sums up how fucked up anti-mutant hysteria is in Marvel and how a DC hero would approach it.

I've always wanted to see a Marvel Earth that had Waid's JLA: Year One team as the first heroes. Black Canary is a mutant, J'onn is a Skrull offshoot that grew up on Mars, Arthur is from a rival Atlantaen royal branch, Hal is a member of a rogue group of Nova Corps, and Barry is the same kind man who saves the day with the Speed Force.
>>
>>78338062
Didn't the mob start attacking Wally too?

That Marvel JLA idea is pretty cool
>>
>>78338165
Yep. Marvel citizens suck. Called Wally a Mutie and everything.
>>
File: Superman_Museum.png (2 MB, 1280x988) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Museum.png
2 MB, 1280x988
>>78336043
>>
File: Superman_museum_in_Metropolis.jpg (59 KB, 379x300) Image search: [Google]
Superman_museum_in_Metropolis.jpg
59 KB, 379x300
>>78338347
Pretty sure modern Metropilos had museum too, before FlashPoint I mean.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.