[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://strawpoll.me/6320673/ Aright /co/ which kid were you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1427641953205.png (332 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1427641953205.png
332 KB, 500x375
http://strawpoll.me/6320673/

Aright /co/ which kid were you? The channel you watched the most and defined your childhood
>>
>>78320688
>inb4 non americans complain
>>
File: 1433732351898.jpg (31 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1433732351898.jpg
31 KB, 512x384
>Nickelodeon
The normal kid. He grew up to be to have a nice social life and has friends. Has a decent life and a decent job. Easily the best one

>Cartoon Network
The weird kid. Wanted to be different. Kind of autistic. All his friends were weird too and he would copy all the anime shit he saw on Toonami. Most likely bullied. You're still weird even to this day and your life is kind of shitty

>Disney
You might be gay or at least bi sexual. You were confused growing up. You grew up to have a decent life but you still battle your sexuality

>Kids WB
You thought you were the cool kid but in reality you were an annoying faggot. You never shut the fuck up about Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and you acted like a showoff. You got bullied because people couldn't stand you're annoying personally. Luckily, you snapped out of it and you have a somewhat decent life but you're still annoying as fuck

>Fox Kids
You were the loner. You were the edgy kid. You loved violence and would be the only kid to say Digimon is better than Pokemon. You didn't have many friends. You're life now is just as lonely as your childhood and you're even more edgy and hate the world

>PBS
You missed out on most things because you were poor. You're parents most likely got a divorced and people felt sorry for you. You eventually got your shit together and now have a decent life although you regret having a poor and rough childhood seeing all the other kids happy

How accurate am I /co/
>>
>>78320774
Those are some extreme assumptions, brah
>>
I went back and forth between PBS, Nick, Disney, and CN all my life, but I eventually settled with CN, and switched over to [adult swim] in 2006 or so.
>>
>>78320774
i watched nick and cn as a kid. i'm probably somewhere between those two descriptions.
>>
I watched then all regularly. Hardest part was choosing between CN and Nick on Friday nights. Rugrats/Hey Arnold or Dexter's lab/power puff girls. Only worries and stress I had back then
>>
Gravity Falls was the only Disney cartoon I ever liked. And the kids who grew up watching Disney Channel were all pussies who fainted at R rated movies.
>>
I don't get it. How does watching PBS fit into being poor but not fox kids or WB? It would have made more sense to say something about overreacting religious parents or something
>>
>>78320688
Super RTL I guess.
>>
while i remember nick fondly, i was a CN kid at heart
>>
>>78320975
>Gravity Falls was the only Disney cartoon I ever like

shittaste
>>
I didn't watch TV as a kid except for nature documentaries.
>>
File: 1450310370517.png (253 KB, 568x638) Image search: [Google]
1450310370517.png
253 KB, 568x638
Anon I was a poor kid and I had Fox and WB Saturday morning cartoons, don't pretend those belong in a separate category

And don't pretend Cyberchase wasn't the shit as a 4 year old, come on.
>>
I mostly watched Nintendo and Sega

get rekt
>>
Non-american here and this is how I view channels and their target audience.

>Nickelodeon
The normie trying to look cool and "nerdy"

>CN
Kind of weird, kind of a hipster, and a true nerd

>Disney
Definitely preppy or posh
>>
File: 1425105542079.jpg (157 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1425105542079.jpg
157 KB, 500x373
Old school nick was top tier but CN had all my favorites until they went full JUST
>>
>>78320688
It's not a straight forward answer for me. When I was 10-13 I would watch Nickelodeon/Disney Channel because Cartoon Network didn't seem that interesting to me but when we lost that channel I was forced to watch it and I liked it way better than Nick. A few years later we got Nick back but so much had changed and I just stuck with Cartoon Network until I turned 17.
>>
>>78320774
>The weird kid. Wanted to be different. Kind of autistic. All his friends were weird too and he would copy all the anime shit he saw on Toonami. Most likely bullied. You're still weird even to this day and your life is kind of shitty
I'm pretty sure every single person in my town and age group remembers ed edd and eddy with nothing but fondness.
>>
>>78320688
CN
>>
>>78320774
That CN and Fucking Kids WB description is spot fucking on for me except for the shitty life thing, i feel great
>>
File: 1448113121442.png (254 KB, 467x750) Image search: [Google]
1448113121442.png
254 KB, 467x750
>>78320688
>No Jetix
C'mon senpai
>>
>>78320688
1 person out of 125 watched mostly Disney. Wow.
>>
>>78320688
Anybody remember BKN it was a channel I bearly remember it had sonic underground and jumunji the animated series
>>
>>78322006
I don't know how it was for your country but Fox Kids turned to Jetix which then changed into Disney XD
>>
File: 1978 NBC.jpg (785 KB, 1105x1600) Image search: [Google]
1978 NBC.jpg
785 KB, 1105x1600
>>78320688
Oldfag here. None of those options apply to me. I watched my cartoons on the big three networks and local UHF stations. PBS didn't even have cartoons just Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, Zoom and Electric Company.
>>
>>78320774
>everyone grew up to have a decent life except the ones who watched cartoon network and fox kids.

Anon, do you hate cartoon network and fox kids for some reason?
>>
File: Fun.jpg (31 KB, 225x272) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
31 KB, 225x272
My parents didn't let me watch CN as a kid. Watching them as an adult doesn't do much for me, so not sure what I missed.
>>
CN for me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.