[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some underrated fantasy and/or fairy tale cartoons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: princess and the goblin.jpg (252 KB, 421x600) Image search: [Google]
princess and the goblin.jpg
252 KB, 421x600
What are some underrated fantasy and/or fairy tale cartoons?
>>
>>78308780

I watched this all the time when I was little and completely forgot about it until one day when the memory came back. It really is a fun family movie. At the risk of using a buzzword, it really is a comfy movie.

For those interested, the entire film is on Youtube for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kS6fSczcZs
>>
>>78309638
Comfy sounds about right.

Although I remember deciding to read the book and then the sequel when I was younger because I was obsessed with the movie and the sequel ended on a downright depressing note.

Irene and Curdie get married and become king and queen of their little city kingdom after her father dies. Their reign is peaceful and kind-hearted, but they have no children. Irene's grandmother had long since disappeared. The newly chosen king is obsessed with gold and orders the mines under the city to be continnously worked, ignoring the city and its people, who grow wicked and uncaring under his example. The king is so greedy that he orders the miners to chip away at the pillars under the ground, which hold the city up, looking for gold inside them. One day, the whole city literally falls into the ground and, as the book describes, 'the cries of men and the shrieks of women went up with the dust, and then there was a great silence.' Everyone died and wilderness eventually reclaimed it.
>>
>>78310147
>movie with songs, a princess, and a happily ever after ending based on depressing as fuck source material

Sounds like a Disney movie.
>>
>>78310254
To be fair, the first book (The Princess and the Goblin) ends more or less like the film and isn't dark. It's just the sequel (The Princess and Curdie) that's depressing.
>>
File: The BFG.jpg (65 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
The BFG.jpg
65 KB, 620x372
>>78308780
The BFG. Here's the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAHuChe_fm0

Which by the way is getting a live action remake very soon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG5MtenlP-A
>>
>>78308780
I saw this a couple of years ago. I thought it was very terrible.
>>
>>78311970
i hope the live action has a bathing scene like the animated one
>>
>>78313536
>>
File: 1379211864670.jpg (29 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1379211864670.jpg
29 KB, 500x373
>>78313536
>>
File: BFG bath.webm (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
BFG bath.webm
2 MB, 320x240
>>78313544
>>78313635
dont look at me like that

it's a great scene

look how cool that bath is. makes me want to have a bath but its such a waste of water compared to showering
>>
>>78313701
>cool
It's fricking steaming hot.
Also, doesn't the idea of wallowing in water full of dirt off your skin disgust you, at all? Baths are a waste of water, disgusting and unhygienic.
>>
>>78309638
>>78308780

I wanted that fucking phone card they sold so bad I don't even know why.
>>
File: 1404080383621.png (29 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1404080383621.png
29 KB, 128x128
>>78309638

>You're from the castle aren't you?
>Yes...
>typical......

the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: dragon hill.jpg (6 KB, 113x160) Image search: [Google]
dragon hill.jpg
6 KB, 113x160
I never saw the movie but the cover looked pretty cool
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.