[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long does it take to write six chapters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: just delay my shit up fam.png (193 KB, 659x783) Image search: [Google]
just delay my shit up fam.png
193 KB, 659x783
How long does it take to write six chapters?
>>
>>78246092
Less time than it takes to pencil, ink, color, and letter it.

Why is it that every time a comic gets delayed, people blame the writer when it's usually the artist being too slow? You could blame the writer not giving the artist enough lead time, but even then it's still on the artist to hit the deadline. That's why people like Land and Deodatto still get work and why books tend to resort to fill-in artists, but in the case of something like Karnak, fill-in or rotating artists would defeat the purpose since it's clearly an artist showcase like Moon Knight was for Decalvy.
>>
>>78246156
It's not always the artist either. The blame can lie in with the editorial. I remember seeing Aja mentioning that he had done the art for the last few issues of Hawkeye and Marvel was delaying them on purpose.
>>
>>78246186
Yeah, likewise Hickman's Shield is done. Hickman finished writing it and Weaver finished pencilling it. Last we heard it was getting inked/colored back in like July, so it has to be done by this point and Hickman said both issues would be out in September. I can understand them wanting to wait until Secret Wars but it still haven't even been solicited for March.
>>
>>78246156
Probably because Ellis has a history of delays. It could be marvel or Gerardo. Gerardo seems to do heavy detail which can be time consuming.
>>
>>78246092
I'm more concerned about Blade. Went from a November release, to not even being solicited by March. At this rate, it'll have to get moved to the post-Civil War II launches.
>>
>>78246447
Moon Knight too, I remember reading an interview that it would be released in March.
>>
>>78246186
The delays for Hawkeye were ridiculous, I wonder why Marvel would do that if the art and writing were finished. Killed a lot of the hype people had for the series.
>>
>>78246092
Furthermore in the March 2016 solicitations Karnak is absent. #5 is delayed to March 23.
>>
>>78246092
don't blame Ellis for trying to make something good out of this shitty character. It's surprise that he managed to get this so early.
>>
>>78246186
same with X-Men 600.
>>
>>78246092
If it's Ellis' fault, then there's a chance that it's eternity.
>>
>>78246092
Good. Fuck karnak
>>
>>78246754
>>78246733
This. fuck the memehumans. I'm so sick fo shills shoving them down our throats lol.

X-MEN FOREVER!!!!
>>
>>78246780
Autismo Supremia
>>
>>78246354
But can Ellis stop writing the book or does Marvel not allow it?
He has more experience in the field than most writers, after all.
>>
>>78246092
So is it confirmed it's a six issue mini-series?

Why can't Ellis write something longer than six issues?
>>
File: Obama-Thumbs-Up.jpg (104 KB, 1500x1088) Image search: [Google]
Obama-Thumbs-Up.jpg
104 KB, 1500x1088
>>78246780
>>
>>78246832
Because it's a corporate comic.
And unlike MK, not even Ellis can salvage it.
>>
>>78246848
Oh yeah, when comics are not corporate it's 9 issues.
>>
>>78246815
autist he might be, but it's difficult to not cheer a honest outburst for something that a lot of people feel.
>>
>>78246848
>MK
>salvage
He only ruined the character further with his shit book.
>>
>>78246872
It's that Ellis treats it like corporate work.
For him, it's not his priority anymore. He doesn't have to give a fuck as he is the only star writer left at marvel.

In many ways, I am thankful for Hickman and Remender leaving.

I wonder if Ennis is still going to write that Punisher mini that was announced 2 years ago.
>>
>>78246898
You can't ruin something further.
At least he made it readable and brought some ideas to the table. MK will never be a successful character, but at least it was a fun comic for what it was. I'm not MK fan, though.
>>
File: 1449678657854.png (110 KB, 450x522) Image search: [Google]
1449678657854.png
110 KB, 450x522
>>78246890
>honest
Oh anon. It's almost like you don't understand how Marvel marketing works.
>>
File: 1446698940680.jpg (17 KB, 353x277) Image search: [Google]
1446698940680.jpg
17 KB, 353x277
>>78246780
>x-fags complaining about things being shoved down their throats after muggas spent the last 40 years having more books than everybody and having literally all powers being attributed to the x-gene
>>
>>78246903
I wonder why he's still working for Marvel, it's pretty obvious he doesn't care anymore. Are they paying him that well for 6 issues a year?
>>
>>78246956
Problem?
>>
>>78246832
>So is it confirmed it's a six issue mini-series?
No but before Ellis got officially announced him being the writer for six issues was put on twitter.
>>
>>78246903
I'm just being salty over numerous comics I liked that will never be finished, anon.
>Fell never
>Desolation Jones never
>Anna Mercury never
>>
>>78246998
Which is understandable. Sometimes I wish certain comics were shelved rather than started and never finished. There are so many stuff that marvel will never finish, or publish that it would give a year worth of publishing line.
>>
>>78246956
If Spider-Man can be popular for 50 years, and still be popular, why can't be X-Men? Especially if they are still popular?
>>
>>78246928
I don't care if he's not popular, I liked him until Hurwitz and Bendis came.
My problem is, Ellis' book was too action-driven and made the character appear more shallow which in my opinion is even worse than Bendis' interesting in theory idea, but botched because Bendis is a hack.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.jpg (36 KB, 577x225) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.jpg
36 KB, 577x225
>>78246903
He'll probably leave too after his exclusive contract expires.
>>
>>78247063
Fair enough. Did you like post-Ellis run?
>>
>>78247107
Wood was alright, but nothing special and I don't like Cullen Bunn so I never gave the book a chance after Wood left.
>>
>>78247127
I used to hate Bunn-y, but after his Magneto, I warmed up to him.
>>
File: kek.jpg (17 KB, 577x132) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
17 KB, 577x132
>>78246987
At least he's aware of it.
>>
>>78246970
He uses them as artist showcases for people he's planning on working with on an indie book. He'll come in, write 6 issues at a high pay rate using a great but lesser known artist to up that artist's profile, then proceeds to launch a book with them so that it can be marketed as "from the creative team behind *critically acclaimed 6-issue marvel book*"
>>
>>78247304
>attaching lesser-known artists to revered writers just to become famous
>>
>>78247329
We live in tough times, anon
>>
>>78247051
Just poking fun at the hypocrisy since x-men were pushed way harder than the Inhumans are being now but x-fans complain the most about things being forced on them.
>>
>>78247385
Well, the inhumans are forced on x-books.
Every major X-book will deal with Inhumans. Meanwhile, Inhumans expand and grow.
And if that wasn't enough, Marvel takes various X-Men characters and puts them in other franchises, and retcons estabilished mutants.

It's a very slow process, but it is happening.
Even in the 90s, when X-Men were the majority of marvel's output, marvel still cared about Avengers, Gotg, and Spider-Man. As a matter of fact, 90s seen the longest-running GOTG volume.
>>
>>78246832
Tree #13 came out last week
>>
>>78247451
The X-books deal with mutant extinction attempt #6 and Scott's apparent evil deeds. I don't recall any named inhumans appearing or being handled in any of what has come out.
> Marvel takes various X-Men characters and puts them in other franchises, and retcons estabilished mutants.
And that is unrelated to the inhumans literally just one mutant (toro) became Inhuman and iirc he was retconned into being a mutant in the first place.
>Even in the 90s, when X-Men were the majority of marvel's output, marvel still cared about Avengers, Gotg, and Spider-Man
And they still care about the X-men, they have 8-books. was there 8 GOTG books back then?
>>
>>78246956
>dumb or forced decision
wut?
So you are Ok, if you get genderbender, black or mainstreamed version of characters?
Its about forcing and slapping fans of both franchises in the face.
>>
>>78247621
>mutant extinction
this time caused by marvel's newest darlings

I wouldn't say that Toro was retconned into being mutant, as his backstory wasn't changed. His origins went that he survived a train accident, and instead of burning, he could control the flames. It was written 30 years before the X-Men and mutants, so he didn't have a proper origins until Invaders and Roy Thomas. However, beside Toro, you have Squirrel Girl being not-mutant, Twins being fake mutants / New Men. I wonder who will be next?

>And they still care about the X-men, they have 8-books. was there 8 GOTG books back then?
Depends if you count Deadpool, who nowadays has more to do with Captain America and Avengers, rather than X-Men.

In the 90s GOTG had 1 main book, plus 1 mini series (Galactic Guardians). Plus 4 annuals. It's not bad for supposedly an uber obscure book that people make GOTG out to be.

The X-Men have 3 major books, two Wolverine solos, and some 2 minis coming out somewhere along the way. It's not really a problem, but I wish it was done for the sake of quality.
>>
>>78246156
>Why is it that every time a comic gets delayed, people blame the writer when it's usually the artist being too slow?
In the case of Warren Ellis he's notoriously slow, loses things in hard drive crashes (like what killed newuniversal) and the like so blaming him is completely warranted.
>>
>>78247621
>they still care about the X-men
Not really, just see that Inhumans dont sell and have some x-books to compensate the inhumans.

And are there really 8 books?
I can come up with 6, which 1 is far in the future.
And Deadpool dont really count, he is a own franchise.
>>
>>78247714
>this time caused by marvel's newest darlings
Damn shame, but the plot is more concerned about the effect than the cause.
>Depends if you count Deadpool
I usually don't because of how little he associates with the x-men but I believe he brings it up to 11.
>>
>>78247906
Deadpool is in the X-editors' department in PREVIEWS. However, Spider-Man/Deadpool is in the Spider-editors' department.
>>
>>78247906
3 team books
2 bubs
2 minis
and 92
>>
>>78247906
>All-new X-men
>Uncanny X-men
>Extraordinary X-men
>X-men: Worst X-man Ever
>Old Man Logan
>All-new Wolverine
>X-men '92
>Cable/Deadpool: Split Second
>>
>>78247968
Deadpool is a bit of a grey area because while it is an x-book and he is an x-character, he doesn't really associate with the X-men all that much and isn't a mutant so he doesn't deal with "mutant problems."

Cable/Deadpool counts as an x-book though since it's co-starring Cable who is 100% X as opposed to just X by association. Liefeld's upcoming Deadpool graphic novel seems to have X-force in it too but we'll see in what capacity they appear.
>>
>>78247714
>I wonder who will be next?
They only do it with ones they own the rights to. Hence QS/SW, SG, and Toro. The only other mutant they own the rights to that I can think of is Whirlwind so keep an eye out on Astonishing Ant-man.
>>
>>78248006
It doesn't really mean that they "care", you know?
Let's not start about the fact that X-Men had much more stuff 2 years ago, but about the fact that you have humorless Lemire and Ramos on one book, someone whose name is literally Hopeless, and Bunn / Land combo. It looks more like Marvel wants to produce their books cheaply and quickly, not caring about the actual quality.

And the fact that they rehash X-Men stuff, shows that they don't care about the growth either.
>>
>>78248101
Very possible. Which would be depressing, as he was one of the few proud mutants. Always.

And if Namor wasn't owned by Universal, they would definitely retcon him either.
>>
>>78248123
>Marvel wants to produce their books cheaply and quickly, not caring about the actual quality.
That's line wide anon not X-men. It's why they bank on the variant and relaunch money.
>>
>>78248162
I'm not so sure anon. They definitely go to the greater lengths with other books in terms of promotion and hype, which by itself is a huge cost.
>>
I assume this down to the fact that Ellis got sick a few months back? Apparently it was pretty bad. That's why Injection took a longer than they planned break.
>>
>>78248219
Really? Because I sure as shit have seen WAY more promotion for the x-books than, say, Starbrand and Nightmask.

You want to know what franchise they don't "care" about? Fantastic Four.
>>
>>78248242
>Starbrand and Nightmask
Speaking of its writer Weisman, his Kanan comic will have its final issue with #12 in March.
>>
>>78248242
>Starbrand and Nightmask.
perhaps more for X than S&N, but certainly there was more promotion for Avengers, Spider-Man, Inhumans, GOTG, Thor, Standoff than X-Men.

Apocalypse Wars was announced on some small Brazilian con.
When was the last time X-Men had their own panel on comiccon, or some huge announcements? I can think of BOTA and Trail of Jean.

The X-Men practically skipped the Time Runs Out, despite the fact that Hickman himself wanted to write a tie-in about Cyclops forming Nation X and finding Phoenix Egg. However, Brevoort considered these stories not worth telling.

The last X-Men panel was actually called "Inhumans and Mutants", which initially was called only "Inhumans"

Hell, Remender and Marts left marvel for reasons we can only guess.
>>
File: 1446062596954.png (1 MB, 1172x645) Image search: [Google]
1446062596954.png
1 MB, 1172x645
>>78248269
>not even Star Wars can stop the Weisman Curse
>>
>>78248269
Fuck the White Man.
>>
>>78248303
>The X-Men practically skipped the Time Runs Out
To be fair, that was Bendis' fault.
>>
>>78248336
Everything is Bendis fault.
It's that Hickman wanted HIMSELF to fix this fuck-up, and Brevoort didn't let him.
>>
>>78248219
Your kidding right? They got talked about way more than most of the upcoming books. Only stuff like miles/peter spiderman and ANAD avengers got more promotion. For instance to the best of my knowledge Karnak got 1 interview and didn't get a unlettered preview for it's second chapter, something that even weirdworld got.
>>
>>78246998
>Fell never
Blame Templesmith he has a script he never continued, but then again his life was shit for a while.
>Desolation Jones never
Work for hire, if DC does not want more he can't do no mo (but this was at the crash so yeah, fuck Ellis in this one)
>>
>>78247975
And Hulk is in Avengers, as far as i remember World War Hulk time "Hulk" was his own group.
Uncanny Avengers have Deadpool, Rouge and Quicksilver but is still Avengers.
Ms. Marvel was in the preview January "Marvel Heroes", Spiderman & the x-men was X-men.
The whole Marvel grouping is like they want them.
I remember before Deadpool max, which wasnt X-men neither, or so they had a deadpool imprint too. But im not sure.

>>78247985
>>78248006
Ah ok,
X-men Worst is a mini and 92 isnt announced yet, so they might count as one since they follow up.
Cable deadpool, mhh ok i would say its deadpool. Like deathlok was in jean grey school, but is in marvel hero franchise.
So for me there are 6, but technically you can say 7 or 8 (if announced included).
>>
>>78248372
>Your kidding right? They got talked about way more than most of the upcoming book
Somehow I missed it in the sea of hype for Civil War, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Doctor Strange.

Karnak had an unlettered preview. Your memory is faulty.
>>
>>78248303
At best the Inhumans equaled the x-men. Keep in mind the x-men have an avent the inhumans while the inhumans at best will be a part of civil war 2 the quickening.
>>
>>78248432
>92 isnt announced yet
Out on March 30, 2016.
>>
>>78248485
I would appreciate anon if you didn't post in such rush and did some proofreading.

Anyway, to the point. Apocalypse Wars was announced not so long ago, and frankly, I don't know if it's a month event or longer, because the info interviews with the writers were very lackluster.

Inhumans will certainly be a big players in CW2, I'm certain for that. Also, I wouldn't count the Inh event out yet. Not until the fat lady sings.
>>
>>78248432
>92 isnt announced yet
Yes it is? it was announced months ago and has already been solicited.
>>
>>78248489
Ok, thx anon, i get the preview catalog only at months end/start, didnt knew its announced.
than i see its 7-8 books.

>>78248571
announced but the date were not known to me..
Worst X-men could be shipped February and 92 will be shipped after that, so i was weary to count both independent..
>>
>>78248242
Because F4 didnt sold well.
X-books sell well but because of film properties handled bad and try to get the readers on the inhumans.
>>
>>78248466
>Karnak had an unlettered preview. Your memory is faulty.
It had one for the first chapter almost every other book had it for the first two chapters.
>>
>>78246092
They should put out another preview or interview. It will be what over 4 months since the last chapter by the time this comes out IF it doesn't get pushed back? They need something to renew interest before it comes out.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.