[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does "Guided View" really make reading comics on your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: screen322x572.jpg (48 KB, 322x572) Image search: [Google]
screen322x572.jpg
48 KB, 322x572
Does "Guided View" really make reading comics on your phone more comfortable?

Is it possible to use on Win-O stuff? wink wink
>>
>>78130530

Depends on the size of your phone i guess, the guided view basically just zooms in panels for you so you can actually read it, but it takes away from reading each page as a whole

download CDisplay or comic rack to read the files from win-o-thread, works better on a 7 inch tablet or larger though
>>
Personally, I find it really annoying.

My preference is to have the page fit the screen, and if that's too small to read (varies from comic to comic with the size of lettering), I pinch and zoom in and out entirely at my leisure.

Guided view to me feels like I'm reading the comic book through some middle man, rather than the direct connection that I want.

It's a bit different for "made for digital" comics that seek to specifically use guided view or a similar technique to elicit a specific kind of effect, but that really is a small minority of comics
>>
>>78130530
>Is it possible to use on Win-O stuff? wink wink
Nope. Win-O files are just the ripped, plain images in a compressed rar or zip folder.
>>
>>78130939
Bummer. I just tried it out and i actually prefer this mode when reading on phone.
>>
If you're like me and find zooming in on every individual panel tedious then sure.
I just genuinely don't like reading comics on my phone tho, would rather wait till I get home.
>>
Yeah it's good if you have a small phone, but I agree with >>78131728 that it's better to wait until you can get to a computer.
>>
>>78131728

I prefer reading trades, im mostly thinking about digital for stories im interested in reading but not necessarily owning. Ive got a small room.
>>
Meh, don't really see the point. I read comics on my phone almost daily, and I just have it in landscape mode and scroll down the pages. Only drawbacks are that you don't really get the full, overviewing impact of seeing a full page all at once, and also that double pages are kind of a drag.
>>
>>78131796

Yep, I'm using an iPhone 5S. Pretty small. Ideally, I'd always be home reading my trades but I spend alot of time on my phone and if I can read it easily with Guided View, I think this seems right up my alley.
>>
Honestly, if youre into reading books digitally for whatever reason, a cheap android based ereader isnt a bad option... i got a 7 inch kobo last year that came to just over 100ish bucks, doesnt have any fancy stuff going on but i can read all the damn comics I want on a screen size that actually works ok, and the tablet isnt so big that its a pain in the ass to take with me if i want.

considering the amount of titles i've read through (alot of them being things i dont really want to collect in tpb) , it's paid for itself 10x over by now
>>
>>78134555

Thanks for the recommendation anon. I'm gonna check that ereader out.
>>
>>78134629

theres a whole crapload of them out there, the kobo is just the one i went with... i think theres a few amazon ones, the fire and kindle, etc.

all that really matters is that its got a full color screen, is a big enough screen size to be effective for reading, and uses android so you have access to the playstore and all that stuff. they usually just have wifi net and shitty or no cameras but in this case thats not why you'd be getting it anyways right?

good luck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.