[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22
File: Bendis.png (896 KB, 1027x533) Image search: [Google]
Bendis.png
896 KB, 1027x533
Bendis spoke about some topic on CBR

On Mary Jane and Spider-Man
>Bendis: With Mary Jane we have this character whose life has been basically been tortured by her super hero interactions. So I kind of like the idea of putting her in this situation as well. I wanted to see what makes her tick outside of the world of Peter Parker, and still have a character who's been a little traumatized by being in that super hero world. We'll get more into that in future issues, but it was very interesting because immediately people were like, "Oh, they're going to date!" Or, "Oh, they're brother and sister!"
>We've talked about this in the past, and I'm not the only writer this happens to. People immediately start writing this story and I haven't written one word of it. They made up an idea and then yelled at me for the idea that's in their head, which I did not put there. [Laughs] You're mad at you! You wrote that bad thing. You can yell at me for the bad things I wrote if you think they're bad, but this thing about Tony and Mary Jane having a baby? You wrote that, so you can be mad at yourself.
> Number two is our second arc is called "War Machines." So you're going to see the return of Rhodey in a big, big way. Peter Parker guest stars. People are quite curious because Peter Parker seems to have taken quite a few pages from the Tony Stark playbook. Meanwhile Tony Stark has been so distracted that he hasn't been playing the Tony Stark playbook. So how does Tony feel about Peter Parker basically doing his act? Some people have wondered if that has anything to do with why Mary Jane is in Tony's life now. So we'll see.
>>
File: INVIM2015005002scol-700ac.jpg (287 KB, 1200x928) Image search: [Google]
INVIM2015005002scol-700ac.jpg
287 KB, 1200x928
>>78096717
On Civil War II
>Bendis: I'm not going to talk too much about who the players are in "Civil War II." We are not announcing that yet. There's one image out of two people hitting each other, but that doesn't mean they're the main players of the book by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I think people can pretty much tell that it's Iron Man versus Superman -- and wouldn't that be great! [Laughs]

On Superior Iron Man
>Bendis: Earlier on I asked Jon Hickman, "How does this 'Superior' thing come a head?" He goes, "Oh, he dies." [Laughs] So, Tony died. That's not to say the fallout of his actions won't make their way into our book.

On making fun of those X-fags that he hates so much
>Bendis: That's how it goes! The reaction to just the announcement of her was very funny. It was very X-Men like in its conspiratorial qualities, "Marvel hates her!" It wasn't anything like that. I like switching up supporting casts. I think we've had a lot of luck with that; putting these characters we all love in new situations and seeing if anything clicks. If it doesn't it doesn't, but if it does some really special things can happen.
>>
File: INVIM2015005008scol-5cef9.jpg (283 KB, 1200x928) Image search: [Google]
INVIM2015005008scol-5cef9.jpg
283 KB, 1200x928
>>78096734
On creating Civil War I
>Bendis: When the original "Civil War" came about we were at a Marvel retreat that was actually about another project and it just wasn't going well. After two days of us banging our heads together to try and make something out of it we all, for the first time ever, literally turned to each other and went, "I hate this! I wouldn't buy this book! I don't like this at all." We all went to dinner and we were like, "This is like the worst retreat we've ever been at."
>It wasn't that anybody was misbehaving or anything like that. It was just that we didn't like what we were talking about. So I talked with Joe [Quesada] and Dan [Buckley] and said, "Nobody likes this. It doesn't match what we've been doing." So they told me to bring it up in the room the next day. I said, "Some people are going to be mad." And they were like, "No, bring it up."
>So, I brought it up and enough of the room agreed wholeheartedly. Then the wheels started turning. It was like, "If we're really going to do an event the stakes are going to be high and the audience will want so much from it." I said, "It should be like Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D versus the super heroes." Then Mark Millar said, "No, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!" Then Jeph Loeb said and the audience goes, "Whose side are we on?" That's how fast "Civil War" came together, and Mark Millar was clearly the person to do it.

On the success of his jokes
>Bendis: I'm thrilled that "Invincible Iron Man" is doing so well, and I'm thrilled at the response. People are digging the humor. They're digging Tony's unique way of communicating with other people, which we spent a lot of time on. And I agree with you. I think the book is gorgeous. I think that Marquez and Ponsor are amazing together. We would not have done "Civil War II" without Ponsor as well, and I can't speak highly enough of him.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-marquez-march-iron-man-down-the-path-to-civil-war-ii
>>
>>78096770
So that is how the idea for Civil War was born...
I don't know why, but I'm disappointed
>>
Thanks for sharing the interview.
>>
>>78096734
>Earlier on I asked Jon Hickman, "How does this 'Superior' thing come a head?" He goes, "Oh, he dies."
God Bless Hickman.
>>
>>78096770
>Then Mark Millar said, "No, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!"
And there it is. The moment that Millar killed Marvel.
>>
MJ as just a cast member excites me. I'm liking IIM despite myself, too bad about Deadato coming on
>>
>>78096770
>I said, "It should be like Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D versus the super heroes." Then Mark Millar said, "No, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!"

Mark Millar you mad genius
>>
Millar refused to do Civil War II:
>So I was always part of the "Civil War" DNA as it were, and when they started thinking seriously about doing "Civil War II" they called me -- right after they called Mark, [Laughs] and we started talking about it. I did say, "Please let Mark and Steve know because it's their book." Steve and Mark were happy to not do it again. So we felt more inclined to take the reins.
>>
>>78096717
I woul rather read some news about the death of Bendis.
>>
>>78096734
>On Superior Iron Man
>>Bendis: Earlier on I asked Jon Hickman, "How does this 'Superior' thing come a head?" He goes, "Oh, he dies." [Laughs] So, Tony died. That's not to say the fallout of his actions won't make their way into our book.
It's true, but EVERYONE DIED!
That's not an answer for what happened Bendis.
>>
File: 1446832744693.gif (1 MB, 419x237) Image search: [Google]
1446832744693.gif
1 MB, 419x237
>>78097189
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Miles Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit >>77869998

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.
>>
Posting the final page of the Invincible Iron Man #5 unlettered preview because OP is a faggot.

I'll summarize how Bendis inserted Doom in that comic:
>Bendis wanted Doom while listening to Hickman's plans for Secret Wars
>A role reversal for a villain is in Bendis' mind
>Tony and Doom are "type A personalities"
>One of Bendis' favorite Iron Man stories is him and Doom in King Arthur's court (what issue?)
>Bendis wanders how Doom behaves without his iconic costume
>>
File: INVIM2015005005-col-d2380[1].jpg (208 KB, 700x1062) Image search: [Google]
INVIM2015005005-col-d2380[1].jpg
208 KB, 700x1062
>>78097327
Oh, I forgot that page
>>
File: 1449494364189.jpg (78 KB, 440x564) Image search: [Google]
1449494364189.jpg
78 KB, 440x564
>>78096770
>So I told them, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!
>and they actually did it! The absolute madmen!
>>
Bendis has a serious problem. He's only using MJ as a stand in for Kitty Pryde, because he already hooked her up with Star Lord.

The man has an obsession that's damaging the Marvel brand.
>>
The worst part is that some of you gobble this retard's writing as if it's your fucking bible. Fits though, Bendis is a spoiled fat fuck who turns everything he touches into a milked out shit concept, just like most of /co/'s pet projects!
>>
>>78097422
If you honestly believe that the best selling writer for marvel in the 21st century is destroying Marvel's brand than you're a fucking idiot. If you think he's shit, then fine but to actually believe what you just stated is to blatantly ignore reality.
>>
>>78097305
Pasta so stale mold mutated and gained sentience.
>>
>>78096717
>Mentioning the "Brother and Sister" theory
Nice one, Bendis.
>>
>>78097576
Pretty fucking sure I've seen this copypasta'd shit already. You're fucking awful.
>>
>>78096770
I dunno why /co/ hates Bendis so much. He sounds like a pretty cool guy here.
>>
>>78097305
Please stop
>>
>>78097576
EVERY FUCKING THREAD
>>
>>78096717
>I saw an abused woman who'd walked out of the abusive, one-sided relationship she'd spent most of her adult life in, and I said to myself: "I can abuse this woman some more"
>>
>>78097305
>The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.

>The writer in charge of Star Wars finally realize that Bendis has been manipulating them, so they go arrest him in his Office.
>Oh, Master Jedi? What brings you here?
>You have to arrest you for ploting against the Publisher and suspicion of being a Sith Lord.
>So it's treason then?
>*Bendis Scream*
>Battle happens, the Jedis have him cornered
>Enter Mark Millar
>No! He has to tell me the secret to stop the publisher from dying.
>Mark Millar strikes down the Jedi
>UNLIMITED EDITORIAL CONTROL

>Somewhere else.
>Grant Morrison
>"I feel a great disturbance in the Chaos Magic."
>Curtains close
>>
>>78096717
>78096717
Again with this whole "MJ is traumatized" angle. Meantime the MJ of RYV and the daily strip this year alone has been kicking tail and showing that up as the pigshit it is
>>
>>78097422
Nigga did you even read the bits posted here. MJ is not going to hook up with anyone. Stop making stories in your head that aren't real.
>>
File: GARGAL2015003-DC41-LR-01a9a.jpg (291 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
GARGAL2015003-DC41-LR-01a9a.jpg
291 KB, 900x1366
Guardians of the Galaxy is fucking awesome. I cant even fathom the amount of shit it's getting on /co/

Its just like the movie, which got good reviews, and its one of the highest selling comics in the world right now and for good reason

>b-but its not MUH GUARDIANS!
lol fuck off. Nobody cared or knew who they were before the movie. Consider actually having fun once in your life, thats what the run is, fun. Since when is NOT MUH a valid criticism? They're basically taking the gotg name and making it something better, there's nothing wrong with that.

Its basically the exact same for Kitty Pryde. Reinventing a C-list character into a badass renegade which is also selling well and everyone is enjoying it aside from you /co/ntrarians. Why is that exactly?
>>
>>78097630
>implying he's not ripping plot and shit from forums and /co/
Remember "Tyke-lops"?
>>
>>78098139
No? I do remember his strangely pretty good solo, though.
>>
>>78096717
>So how does Tony feel about Peter Parker basically doing his act? Some people have wondered if that has anything to do with why Mary Jane is in Tony's life now. So we'll see.
Shots fired at Slott
>>
>>78098485
He was first called Tyke either here or on CBR and thirty issues later all of sudden Magik calls him Tyke-clops.
His solo was OK, shame that he regressed from space pirate to woe is me, I hate my older self!
>>
>>78097130
>>78097155
>>78097390
This, so much this.
>>
>>78098583
Hey, not his fault Marvel won't stop riding horse once they're up.
>>
Bendis is a gateway writer of the worst kind. He's a bad storyteller, with a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive double pages and WORDS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the writer himself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of his core make him a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable tumblr faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look smart, the unedning Bendisspeak, boring personailties, the whole quiping faggotry and everything about his stories fuels their escapist fantasies, while the retconned character backgrounds, emphasis on his waifus, and overall preachiness of the writer make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average redditor and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes redditors and tumblr retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Bendis is basically THE writer to attract the most hated comicbook fanbase known to /co/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this writer and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Bendis thread ever encourage /co/mblr to show their faces here.
>>
So far, Invincible Iron Man is a lot better than he's wrtten in a long time.
Yet as much as I want it to continue being quality, he's gonna fuck it up
>>
>>78100134
Is this a pasta?
>>
>>78100350
It does sound left over from the days when Bendis had his own board and his online following really could be obnoxious.

There are still obnoxious Bendis fans out there but nothing like the 00s when fans of the Cool In People (mostly Bendis and Ellis) would routinely shit on any comic they considered to be too old-school.

Now that Image is the Cool In Thing, Bendis is if anything the Old Establishment Sellout.
>>
File: 1449529100677[1].png (652 KB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
1449529100677[1].png
652 KB, 1308x954
>>78096734
>On Civil War II
>>Bendis: I'm not going to talk too much about who the players are in "Civil War II." We are not announcing that yet. There's one image out of two people hitting each other, but that doesn't mean they're the main players of the book by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I think people can pretty much tell that it's Iron Man versus Superman -- and wouldn't that be great! [Laughs]

I'm more excited about playing Bingo in the storytime threads than I am about the actual event. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>78101488
>>78100350
It's an edit of the old "Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind" pasta from /a/.
>>
>>78096770
>Then Mark Millar said, "No, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!"

HOL UP
*smacks lips*
YOU SAYIN THIS SOME KINNA
*sweats profusely*
CIBBIL WAHH?
>>
>>78097820
She left Peter because she's sick of the superhero shit. They may never have been married, but getting out of that was a decision she made on her own, even if Peter was the one who set it up. She remembers the old continuity as well as he does.

>>78098038
It's time to let her rest, anon.
>>
I've never seen so much past in such a small number of posts before. Are there really 4 Bendis pastas?

Why? Just one was enough.
>>
>>78101692
Of course it's a pasta.
>>
>>78101626
Man, even a Bingo checklist seems salty about Bendis/Marvel. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>78101885
/co/ really, REALLY hates Bendis. Even though I don't think he's that bad of a writer and seems like a nice guy irl.
>>
>>78096770
>So, I brought it up and enough of the room agreed wholeheartedly. Then the wheels started turning. It was like, "If we're really going to do an event the stakes are going to be high and the audience will want so much from it." I said, "It should be like Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D versus the super heroes." Then Mark Millar said, "No, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!" Then Jeph Loeb said and the audience goes, "Whose side are we on?" That's how fast "Civil War" came together, and Mark Millar was clearly the person to do it.

Now I'm starting to understand why post-Millar Marvel looks inferior to Millar-era Marvel, even though Trouble, and some other Millar Marvel stuff were terrible.
>>
>>78102163
This is a Bendis thread, anon. Give it a couple more months and every bendis thread is going to be 90% pasta.
>>
>>78102244
They are just tsundere for him. See >>78097576
>>
>>78096717
Hey Bendis, you stupid son of a bitch.

Suck a fat one.
>>
File: 1448335438624.jpg (138 KB, 980x1040) Image search: [Google]
1448335438624.jpg
138 KB, 980x1040
>>78097178
>Steve and Mark were happy to not do it again.
>>
>>78097305
Anon, you might want to revise that pasta, now that the link died.
>>
In IM3, why did AIM bother with capturing Rhodie in the Iron Patriot suit with the trap in Carbombistan?

they rebuilt and programed the suit. They could have just remote controlled the suit at any time. Had it snatch the president off air force one and deliver him to the oil ship.

How did making Iron Patriot's hand hot disable the entire suit?
>>
>>78096717
>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love", I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I repond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feeling a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"You were suposed to say "It's over now?""
>"Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis punches the wall and leaves on his spaceship
Bendis is love, Bendis is life
>>
>>78096770
Just so people know, the other project Bendis is talking about that nobody liked was Planet Hulk, what would eventually become World War Hulk.
Notice how none of Bendis' books tied into that
>>
>>78102338
I'm actually looking forward to watching Bendis threads become the new Naruto threads. We get to pinpoint the moment when board culture completely changes live.
>>
>>78102278

Millar was always the writer that Marvel needed. He was one of the best universe-architects out there.

I miss him and JMS.
>>
>>78102628
Heh. I actually laughed at a Bendis joke.
>>
>>78102619
Iron Man 3 is retarded.
>>
>>78096734
>>78096770
>>78097348
Why is Madame Masque so powerful, like why? What's the point?
>>
>>78102628
You forgot jewish and nigger references but 7/10 anon good job
>>
>>78097178
Well he did admit he had an awful time doing Civil War since Marvel editorial is a mess and the writers did what they wanted spoiling plotpoints in their own books and making Tony into Hitler while Millar was limited on the number of heroes he could use.

Also Millar has some success on his comics and the ones that got turned into movies like Kick Ass and Wanted made him some dosh so he really doesn't need to write for Marvel or DC again (although he would do a Superman movie, that is his dream).
>>
>>78098139
Not surprised, he got asked about /co/ in his tumblr and he acknowledged the question with a sad Tennant image but he is aware of this forum, probably visists it just to lol.
>>
>>78097820
Yeah traumatized MJ shit is so fucking old.

JMS MJ for best MJ excluding the OMD shit but that was Quesada.
>>
>>78101626
That is such an easy bingo.
>>
>>78103414
Soon Bendis will be a filtered word because the shitposting is unending.

I would be OK with it.
>>
>>78102800
But Planet Hulk was actually a fun read.
>>
>>78096717
>With Mary Jane we have this character whose life has been basically been tortured by her super hero interactions.
I like that Bendis (and other writers) really don't understand a bit the characters they're writing.
>>
> yfw Death's Head comic writer is revealed to be Bendis.

"Got to take you out, yes?"
"Take me out?"
"Yes?"
"Take me out as in kill me."
"As in kill you, yes?"
"Kill me?"
"Kill you, yes?"
"Terminate me as bounty?"
"Terminate you as peacekeeping, yes?"
"Peacekeeping?"
"Peacekeeping, yes?"
>>
>>78101827
OY GEVALT
*rubs hands*
SO Y-YOU'RE SAYIN'
*snorts*
YOU'RE TELLIN' ME
*reaches towards shekels*
SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS
*adjusts collars*
SO YOU'RE SAYING
*audits*
THERE'S GOING TO BE A BUBBE MEISE
*manipulates the goyim*
A BIG FAKAKTA GATHERING
*lights menorah*
OY VEY
>>
>>78097327
Gonna laugh my ass off when Mary Jane walks off with Doom while tony and peter cry a little. Unless i'm mistaken MJ has actually hung out with Doom before and even had dinner with him.
>>
>>78108247
So you are saying she was having fun while the Clone Saga happened?
>>
>>78097681
Bendis? The writer?
>>
>>78108471
You're thinking of Storm. Who had a great time, by the by.
>>
>>78109020
I think calling it "tortured" plays into the current narrative decision that MJ totally hates/regrest her life of being around superheroes and the drama and danger that comes with it which is completely opposite of the way MJ had been portrayed for a good 40 years previously which isn't to say she loved it but that she was a strong enough person to where she could deal with and accept the hardships that came her way.
>>
>>78101626
To be fair, Bendis doesn't seem to give two squirts of piss about Inhumans not named Black Bolt.
>>
>>78109171
The writer. The Bendis.
>>
>>78107090
because she's going to be the new evil opposite of Tony, and she has a lot of similarities to Doom, who Bendis wants to write?

And it's easier and more fun to draw to power her up than have her opposition rely on carefully thought out schemes?

It ain't hard, son
>>
>>78096717
That's about the answer I expected from Bendis. If there's one thing you can depend on with Bendis beyond his looping dialogue, it's that he's a diehard fan of Peter and MJ.
>>
>>78111152
Besides her, i seem to recall that MJ got hired to do Latverian tourist ads or something like that.
>>
File: untitled.png (719 KB, 517x801) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
719 KB, 517x801
>>78111308
She had to accept those things because it was her responsibility to her relationship with Peter. Being strong enough doesn't mean she wasn't tortured by it. Being strong to endure it didn't mean she couldn't despise it.
>>
>>78111152
>By the by
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>78096770

I think I would have rather read Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. vs The Avengers.
>>
>>78108295
I think I'd actually read that just because of how absurd it would have to be.
>>
>>78096717
>he reads /co/

WE DID IT ANONS

WE FUCKING DID IT !!
>>
Civil War II confirmed as influenced by MCU:

>Axel Alonso: "Secret Wars" was a fundamentally Marvel Universe event -- a deep-dive into Marvel mythology and history -- and we planned it for years. What distinguishes "Civil War II" from "Secret Wars" is there's a metaphor at its core that speaks to one the most prevailing issues of the day, something that everyone is aware of and talking about. And we didn't spend years planning it -- in fact, we weren't even planning on doing a "Civil War II." It came about because I was discussing the upcoming "Civil War" movie with my boss, Dan Buckley, over lunch, and we pondered what issue or question would provide the fulcrum for a story of that scope today. It was a hypothetical conversation. I took those seeds of that conversation to Brian Bendis and Tom Brevoort and we watered them a little, and a story emerged that showed enough potential that we invited Dan, Joe Quesada, Mark Paniccia, Nick Lowe, Steve Wacker, Sana Amanat and C.B. Cebulski to give us feedback. We grew that idea across several emails and there eventually came a point when Dan called it: "You know, what this is, right? This is 'Civil War II'." [Laughs]

>So, this was more an instance where the title fit the story, not the other way around.
>>
>>78097348
>>78096770
Why is Mary Jean spreading her legs and up the air in every panel?
>>
>>78096717
first off bendis and slott have been known to piss off their readers and profiting from it so it is no fucking surprise they harbor distrust in them and disdain.
second all marvel writers do is make romance drama anyways.
third MJ never acted like a victim and now you are writing like she didn't have a choice in the matter. when in the past she was written in to have a choice. so really bendis and slott are both full of shit.
>>
>>78107090
Because she has a macguffin she's been using from the start of the storyline?
>>
>>78113596
bendis makes it seem MJ was the victim, MJ made her choices, she needed to realize she put her self in to that life.
>>
>>78113596
What this magic stuff with Tony ends up restoring her memories of OMD?
OMDII tie-in for Civil War 2
>>
>>78115451
We did it?
>>
>>78118216
the main thing I took away from their marriage in JMS, not counting OMD, was that they really aren't suited for each other. Both suffered pretty badly for their inability to give the other what they craved from a relationship.
>>
File: AoU Wolv.jpg (274 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
AoU Wolv.jpg
274 KB, 1366x768
Then the wheels started turning. It was like, "If we're really going to do an event the stakes are going to be high and the audience will want so much from it." I said, "It should be like Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D versus the super heroes." Then Mark Millar said, "No, it should be the heroes versus the heroes!"
>>
>>78098073
Go to bed, Bendis.
>>
>>78101626
BENDIS(the writer) IF YOU'RE READING THIS MAKE A CHARACTER COMMENT ON OTHER CHARACTERS DOING NOTHING BUT SITTING AROUND EATING AND TALKING ABOUT LIFE
>>
>>78115516
>a metaphor at its core that speaks to one the most prevailing issues of the day, something that everyone is aware of and talking about
Terrorism and mass surveillance?
Inhumans confirmed for terrorists
>>
>>78119049
Inhumans: Illegal Aliens.
>>
>>78119185
>you shouldn't hate all inhumans for the actions of a few extremists
or
>cyclops u akbar
either way muties will be the bad ones and inhumans the innocent victims
>>
>>78119289
Just wait until we get Brotherhood of Evil Inhumans and see how Inhumans are next step in human evolution.
>>
File: Once you hate someone.jpg (91 KB, 708x704) Image search: [Google]
Once you hate someone.jpg
91 KB, 708x704
>>78097681
>>
>>78111446
If the magical artifacts she was stealing weren't super good, she wouldn't be stealing them. Of course, they are dangerous as hell to her and everyone around her.
>>
>>78097154
I don't mind MJ having a home, hopefully until that disgusting ogre writing Spider-man leaves.

>too bad about Deadato coming on
At least he's better than Land.
>>
>>78115520
Training from Spider-man.
>>
>>78115516
In other words, they could have called it anything but after they saw the name 'Civil War' sells even if it's a shitty pointless tie in in an event, and that a movie of the same name was going to open in theaters soon, they couldn't resist slapping a II alongside the name.
>>
File: Greg Land05.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Greg Land05.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>78119666
I mean, Gillen's run was fucked from the get-go.
>>
>>78107090
To have a threatening villain for once? I mean if you prefer hero vs hero, it's fine but some people actually prefer threatening villains that the hero has to overcome by fighting.
>>
File: bb00.jpg (344 KB, 472x589) Image search: [Google]
bb00.jpg
344 KB, 472x589
>>78097681
He is a cool guy although a bit autistic, especially when he was younger.

Like that one story he told in TED talk when he was 12 where he was having a heart to heart convo with Swamp thing artist John Totleben and John was giving him tips about improcing his art and other sage advice until someone told him that Simonson was in another place, he said he grabbed his stuff and left Totleben in mid convo and ran for Simonson.

He also said he mailed his shit to Simonson for feedback and Simonson put up with it giving him advice.

Oh and pic related.

His stories however range from being good to just being shit and lately he hasn't been trying that much so I think this is what pisses /co/ a lot, so much that any mention of him triggers memes, pastas, and shitposting.
>>
>>78119049
Nah, it'll either be a police brutality metaphor or syrian refugees metaphor.

So, in other words, it'll either be about superhero brutality or multiversal refugees.
>>
>>78123848
Ironically, this was Gillen using Land's tracing and sameface to his advantage since the point of that scene was that, yes, to Tony, they all look the same. Just generic hot supermodels.
>>
File: Hilarious02.gif (2 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious02.gif
2 MB, 300x196
>>78125831
>You've never had long hair, have you, Brian?
>>
File: Total Sell Out page016.png (242 KB, 1024x1472) Image search: [Google]
Total Sell Out page016.png
242 KB, 1024x1472
>>78126485
Bendis actually did used to have long hair back in the early 80's.
>>
>>78096717
>With Mary Jane we have this character whose life has been basically been tortured by her super hero interactions.

Damn, all those years of "i support you, Peter" flushed down the toilet like nothing
>>
File: Grant Morrison15.jpg (81 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
Grant Morrison15.jpg
81 KB, 576x768
>>78126736
I guess long hair gets in the way of comic writing.
>>
File: Mephisto.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Mephisto.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>78126778
Slott and Quesada were the ones who did the flushing.
>>
File: Total Sell Out page051.png (193 KB, 1024x1256) Image search: [Google]
Total Sell Out page051.png
193 KB, 1024x1256
>>78126736
>>
>>78097549

>sales=quality
>>
File: Total Sell Out page052.png (191 KB, 1024x1247) Image search: [Google]
Total Sell Out page052.png
191 KB, 1024x1247
>>78127040
>>
>>78125998
no look, it's already being set up.
First the inhumans bombed the whole world.
Then they are recruiting people to their cause(turning them inhumans)
One of the new "converts" started his terrorist attack by turning people into plants.
And on the mutant side Cyclops attacked the inhumans and now a bunch of mutant kids are following in his shoes and doingterrorist attacks in the name of their prophet.
>>
>>78126778
Aren't the superheroes' lives also tortured by their interactions? Hell Peter quit severelal times and then came back because of responsibility shit and MJ could have quit but she supported him.

But there were good times with the bad and the good outweighted the bad and MJ chose to stay with Peter despite it.
>>
>>78126803
I have a multiversal boner seeing this.
>>
File: dc1.jpg (88 KB, 680x772) Image search: [Google]
dc1.jpg
88 KB, 680x772
>>78118217
>mfw
>>
>>78127121
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>78129426
Until Bendis says otherwise I'm going to believe that was how he got bald.
>>
>>78130058
>"Hey, Bendis, how did you lose your hair?"
>"I kept going to a hair salon to try and get laid and eventually got all my hair cut and got kicked out."
>"what"
>>
>>78096717
>tony and mary jane having a baby
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>78132215
Yes apparently that's what other people imagined was going to apparently happen.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.