[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /co/, as someone who is relatively very new to comics, could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: cz4zaAbh.jpg (21 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
cz4zaAbh.jpg
21 KB, 1024x429
Hey /co/, as someone who is relatively very new to comics, could someone tell me what's happening with the marvel universe?

>What is this Secret Wars thing?
>How does it tie up to the complete reboot marvel planned for 2015?
>What comics do I start reading from if I want to get into the universe?
>Is there a chronological order to the new universe?

Sorry I'm a newfag and I want to change that. Any help would be appreciated
>>
I don't know shit about Secret Wars, but there's no Marvel reboot. They just renumbered a bunch of books at #1. You can just jump in with what looks cool. Vision has been great so far.
>>
>>78101500
>What is this Secret Wars thing?
Marvel's big summer event. Multiverse died, Doom became God, grabbed a bunch of pieces from sporadic alt-universe earths and slapped them together into a new Battleworld which he rules with an iron fist. Some people survive the collapse and try to overthrow him. It was supposed to be over in October but because the artist is so slow, it hit a bunch of delays and now the last issue isn't coming out until the 13th.

>>How does it tie up to the complete reboot marvel planned for 2015?
There was never a complete reboot planned for 2015. Marvel never called it a reboot and explicitly said it wasn't a reboot, but everytime a major event happens at Marvel, the same clickbait sites and retards on /co/ start screaming "IT'S A REBOOT." I'll guarantee that people will be screaming "It's a reboot!" after Civil War II and again after the 2017 even and again after the 2018 one and so on and so on.

>What comics do I start reading from if I want to get into the universe?
Well, they're currently in the middle of relaunching all of their books as #1s. If you want to get caught up on current stuff, that's your best bet. I'd recommend checking out Vision, Ultimates, Totally Awesome Hulk, Sam Wilson: Captain America, and New Avengers. If you're totally new to reading Marvel though, there's a bunch of older books that I'd recommend checking out first. So do you want to just get into the new stuff or do you want to get into the universe as a whole?

>Is there a chronological order to the new universe?
No. All the new books take place 8 months after Secret Wars.
>>
>>78101627
I have read a bunch of the previous stuff though. Not too much, but a bit. This time I was particularly looking to get into the newer stuff. What is the deal with these new #1's? I remember seeing a new Daredevil design and Thor is now a female etc. So I'm just pretty confused with where the canon universe stands.
>>
File: 1446263508850.jpg (50 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1446263508850.jpg
50 KB, 640x400
Why you just don't read Wikipedia or something? i think is easy that way ;^)
>>
>>78101690
There was an 8 month timeskip after Secret Wars which they used to mix up the status quo for a number of books. Most of them explain shit pretty well in their first issues though.

That said, Thor being female happened last year and is a hold over from pre-SW. Thor became unworthy during original sin (shit even, don't read it), and Jane Foster got mjolnir so now she's the new Thor.

But the simplest way to know what's going on is to just read the comics. Most of the books are only 1 issue in afterall so it's not like there's much to get caught up on. Want to know what's going on with Daredevil? Read Daredevil #1.
>>
>>78101696
It's a bit intimidating for someone who's as new as me anon. You guys know a lot and was just hoping for some genuine guidance.
>>
>>78101781
The point of the relaunch is to create a jumping on point for people as new as you. Like I said, it's as simple as just going to your LCS or Comixology or the Win-O thread if you're into the whole piracy thing and grabbing the new number books starting at #1.

I think I have an image with all the new books saved somewhere. Gimme a minute to check.
>>
>>78101774
Thanks a lot man, that clears a lot of things. Last few questions.
>Can I skip the secret wars arc and jump to the new #1s?
>Is there anywhere I can find a definite list where the new comics are listed?

Thanks again brother, I love you.
>>
File: 1445623333963.jpg (2 MB, 1277x6135) Image search: [Google]
1445623333963.jpg
2 MB, 1277x6135
>>78101859
Here. This is the most recent one I have. Other than some of the First Quarter and TBD books having their release dates finalized, I'm pretty sure its all up to date.
>>
>>78101966
Thanks dude. Will be checking some of these out.
>>
>>78101859
>Can I skip the secret wars arc and jump to the new #1s?
For the most part, yeah. The few things that reading Secret Wars would give clarification on get mostly explained in the comics themselves.
>>
>>78101984
Makes sense. Seems like a good time to get on board too, with all the comics being fairly new. Bit easier to catch up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.