[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So with Dreamworks nearing the end of the first step of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 19
File: Dreamworks Netflix.jpg (195 KB, 1282x598) Image search: [Google]
Dreamworks Netflix.jpg
195 KB, 1282x598
So with Dreamworks nearing the end of the first step of their Netflix agreement (12 shows), how do you feel about it so far?
Would you want to see more from their movies or try to reboot more of their classics library?
Let's talk about Dreamworks and Netflix in general.
>>
>>78052631
!2? Jesus fucking fuck

Also what is Mc^2 about? A show to promote those science dolls?

Fucking Richie Rich with the kid from Chatlei Factory?

Veggie Tales is dreamworks now?
>>
File: turbo.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
turbo.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
They started off with a show for Turbo, which was probably just because it was the most recent movie at that time.
From the people that brought you Motorcity, the show is set immediately after the events of the movie, Turbo has won the Indy 500 and Tito has built the snails a city to live in.
Where the movie was more at the human level, the show is more focused on the critter world, as several bugs and other small creatures challenge Turbo to races and such.
It recently got a second season and a slight retool less about world touring and racing and more about comedy and parody.
39 episodes currently mostly in a two shorts format.
>>
File: NewDisney.png (76 KB, 267x242) Image search: [Google]
NewDisney.png
76 KB, 267x242
>>78052888
>Also what is Mc^2 about? A show to promote those science dolls?
It's another stupid girly sitcom.
You know Netfilx will do more teen stuff like Disney does today
>>
File: veggie.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
veggie.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
>>78052888
Yes, at some point Dreamworks acquired Veggietales for their Classics Library and decided to put it to use with a reboot.
They flexed their muscle and gave the artstyle a revamp while they were at it.
It also has two seasons, but the first season is only 15 episodes so there's just 26 in total right now.
Also a 2 shorts format.
>>
File: moveit.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
moveit.webm
3 MB, 640x360
They moved onto their bigger franchises at that point.
All Hail King Julien is a prequel to the Madagascar movies, featuring Julien's life as King of the Lemurs on Madagascar as he protects his kingdom from the many, many threats to it, including but not limited to his own incompetence.
If you've seen The Penguins of Madagascar, a lot of the same tropes apply, although Julien becomes a nicer person in the transition from frienemy to primary protagonist.
>>
File: puss fights.webm (3 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
puss fights.webm
3 MB, 1080x607
Since I assume they still want to do Puss in Boots 2, they brought out a Puss in Boots cartoon after that.
Puss finds the hidden city of gold San Lorenzo and accidentally breaks the spell keeping it hidden, and thus decides to serve as protector of its treasure and its orphans.
Oddly enough, about the same ratio of action and comedy as the King Julien show.
>>
File: CVoqTGpUAAU8Axl.png large.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
CVoqTGpUAAU8Axl.png large.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>78054741
There are only 15 episodes right now, but a new season (likely a batch of 11 episodes) launches on Friday.
>>
File: rich.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
rich.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
And then they took the classic comic/cartoon character Richie Rich and reimagined him as a kid from poverty that accidentally invents free energy and becomes insanely wealthy.
It's so Disney Channel Tween Sitcom I'm pretty sure it has their showrunners.
>>
>>78055233
>Accidentally invents free energy

How the fuck?

Also, is he a brat or is he humble because of his background?
>>
File: 123.png (95 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
123.png
95 KB, 526x526
>>78052631
Never saw them / 10
>>
>>78055318
The actual lore is he had been hiding his vegetables in a glass jar instead of eating them, and then lightning hit it and somehow that makes free energy.
>>
>>78052631
They range from unwatchable to "I'd allow my children to watch this"
>>
File: dragon.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
dragon.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
Dragons is complicated.
It's not actually an entirely new show, but is technically the third season of the ongoing Dragons cartoon, moving from Cartoon Network to Netflix.
Set three years after the end of Defenders of Berk (2 years before How To Train Your Dragon 2), the Dragon Riders find an ancient artifact that has maps to far off lands with undiscovered dragons and set out to discover them.
Cartoon Network still holds the rights to the previous seasons, so only these new episodes are available on Netflix.
Even though it's tied into continuity you might not have seen, you can probably figure out from context that Dagur is the bad guy, Gustav is the guy nobody likes and Heather is the girl everyone likes.
Now with plenty of nods to HTTYD2
>>
File: CVu2yiVU8AA5cya.png (558 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CVu2yiVU8AA5cya.png
558 KB, 600x600
>>78055845
It's a lot more story driven than any of the other shows and features multiple two parters and even more to come when the next batch comes out in January
>>
>>78053980
Is it still about conservative family values and christianity like I remember it being?
>>
>>78054741
I dislike how Puss is on model for his shrek design but everyone else is stylized differently
>>
File: Psalm 23 1.webm (2 MB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
Psalm 23 1.webm
2 MB, 1080x607
>>78056055
Yes, god loves you.
>>
>>78056622
Blueberry was my first waifu
I aint got no shame about it
>>
File: build it up.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
build it up.webm
2 MB, 720x405
Then we have Dinotrux, an entirely new franchise based (sort of) on a series of childrens books featuring a group of dinosaur/vehicle hybrids that use the real super power of friendship, teamwork, and building montages to save the day.
>>
>>78057248
>Hey Netflix, what do you want in a show?
>Just Trux my shit up
>>
File: mega ty rux.jpg (58 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mega ty rux.jpg
58 KB, 500x300
>>78057248
Dreamworks makes no secret of the fact that this is all to sell toys.
>>
>>78056622
>the show is called veggietales
>one of the main characters is a tomato
TOMATOES AREN'T VEGETABLES

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>78057381
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: peabody.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
peabody.webm
2 MB, 720x405
And then of course is the Mr. Peabody Sherman Show.
This one has two angles to it, set after the movie, Mr. Peabody decides to start hosting a live variety show from his apartment featuring many historical guests and generally involving complete chaos that the duo do their best to work around.
>>
File: scottmcneilfaceofmercy.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
scottmcneilfaceofmercy.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>78052631

they need to do more original properties using Vancouver VA's.
>>
File: time travel.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
time travel.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>78058160
While this is going on, Peabody tells a story of time travel in a reboot of the old cartoon.
>>
File: CVt_z7dUEAAl6pU.png large.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
CVt_z7dUEAAl6pU.png large.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
And of course, for Christmas we get the Croods.
I guess the reception around here is a bit lukewarm for the Croods, but it was their second best performing movie globally, so
>>
>>78054783
That's cool, now if someone could tell me when the next batch of HTTYD Race To The Edge is gong to drop I would be happy.
>>
>>78054783
One of the promotional descriptions mention him "charming" Dulcinea. Maybe he'll finally make a move on her. I doubt it, though.
>>
>>78055913
I am both thrilled an sad that I have to wait that long.
>>
>>78059282
Less than a month at this point!
>>
>>78060154
Hopefully its a nice big dump. 13 is fine but I would like more than a days worth to binge.
>>
>>78057381
Vegetable is a culinary term. It's up to cooks to say what a vegetable is, not scientists.
>>
>>78062373
13 is what Dreamworks does now instead of just 5.
The titles are even known!
http://www.berksgrapevine.com/2015/08/next-13-episode-names-appear-on-netflix.html
>>
Also I forgot to mention, both The Mr Peabody and Sherman Show and All Hail King Julien feature a lot of music and thus have soundtracks.
Julien because they're always throwing parties and Peabody because they often have musical acts on the variety show front.
Some of them are even real indie bands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoUBSlTetTo
>>
>>78063153
Awesome thanks.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.