[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have talk about how the shows are linking up? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: daredevil-and-jessica-jones.jpg (113 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-and-jessica-jones.jpg
113 KB, 672x372
Can we have talk about how the shows are linking up?

It's pretty clear IGH was working on some sort of chemical to make super powers, possibly recreate the Super Soldier Formula.

We know they had a hand in at least Jessica and Nuke. It can be suspected that they had a hand in Killgrave and Luke Cage as well, (Assuming Luke Cage was on the flash drive as implied,)

To take this a step farther, the chemical Matt got in his eyes could have been a version of the same chemical that enhanced Jessica.

As with any Marvel show or movie, there's always the possibility that IGH is working for AIM, HYDRA, or the Hand. Time will tell, I think we'll see more about IGH in Daredevil Season 2.

Defenders thoughts and speculation?
>>
>>78001442
So IGH obviously stands for Inhuman Growth Hormone, right?
>>
>>78001456
It's possible, even probable, but I don't know if they'll touch Inhumans because of the way AoS has been handling them. That being said, if Quake or Coulson found their way to an episode of Defenders that could be neat.

I liked AoS better before the Inhuman shit. I don't want the Defenders to be barred down by having to deal with Inhumans too. The Hand and IGH seem to be enemies enough.

I think we could see a villain team up here, Kingpin gets out of jail, makes deals with IGH and the Hand to take down the supers, they unite to defend themselves. Seems pretty basic,
>>
>>78001754
I mean, MGH was one of the major plotlines of Alias in the comics. MGH stands for Mutant Growth Hormone and is used throughout the Marvel Universe as a way to give people super-powers. Inhumans are basically being treated as the MCU equivalent of mutants, and it's being done in AoS, which is part of Marvel Television/Loeb's oversight, same as the Netflix shows.

I don't see how it couldn't be Inhuman Growth Hormone.
>>
File: hellcat.jpg (206 KB, 1200x632) Image search: [Google]
hellcat.jpg
206 KB, 1200x632
Anyone think she'll get a version of Will's formula and get powers?
>>
>>78001844
I haven't read ALIAS, sounds like a very plausible theory though, especially if MGH is in the comics,
>>
The truck carrying the chemicals that blinded Daredevil was owned by the Rand corporation. Not sure if Iron Fist is related to IGH, just mentioning that.
>>
>>78001880
Probably not. I think she'll just continue training and will hopefully suit up since she was the one who made the Jewel outfit on the show and has a thing for that campy vibe. I don't think she'll get powers, though.

>>78001897
In Alias, the last arc before Kilgrave escapes involves Mattie Franklin(Spider-Woman) being held captive by her "boyfriend" and being harvested for MGH.
>>
>>78001880
i hope she gets something
she'd be infinitely more competent than jessica, and a worthy ally to luke and matt
>>
>>78002279
Was the corporation started by his dad? Because Matt was a little kid when he got blinded and he and Iron Fist are about the same age
>>
Bet you they are related to Hydra
>>
>>78003046
It was started by Danny's dad, and his business partner, Meachum.

Danny's origin is that him, his dad, his mom and Meachum go to try and find K'un-lun, wherein Meachum kills danny's dad so that he can take total control of the company. After Danny becomes Iron Fist, he abandons K'un-Lun to return to NYC to get revenge on Meachum.
>>
Will Iron Fist be in Luke Cage?
>>
File: image.png (189 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189 KB, 500x531
>>78001442
Both shows have strong beginning episodes and lame endings. What the fuck, is that typical of Netflix?
>>
>>78003765
At least Kilgrave was a better villain than Kingpin. Even if Jess fell on it's ass in the last 20 minutes I'll still enjoyed it.
>>
File: image.png (388 KB, 537x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
388 KB, 537x360
>>78003786
At least we can hope Fisk drops his autism mode in prison and turns into a real Kingpin. and stars in the MCU Spider-Man movie
>>
>>78002809
I hope she suits up but don't know if she'd make a good fit for the team.

Who all would be on the team? Do we include Punsiher too now? I don't think it's impossible for them to throw Moon Knight on there and introduce him somewhere else.
>>
>>78003765
Daredevil ran out of time and budget about 2/3rds of the way through, so the last 1/3rd was done with a much smaller budget and strict time constraints.

Dunno bout Jessica though.
>>
>>78003765
Endings are harder to write.
>>
>>78003765
I liked Daredevils ending. Cheesy, yeah. But a great FUCK YEAH DAREDEVIL moment.
>>
HOLYFUCK IRONFIST FINALLY HAS A SHOW RUNNER!
>>
>>78005397
Oh hey, and an official synopsis:
>“Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.”

Which is pretty much exactly what everyone (aside from the IIFfags who have never read a single IF comic besides the tournament arc of IIF) figured it would be.
>>
>>78001456
IGH is the name of the corporation. No corporation uses "hormone" in their name.
>>
>>78005397
>>78005518
Sauce.
>>
>>78005590
http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/marvel-netflixs-iron-fist-lands-scott-buck-as-showrunner/
>>
>>78005518
Would he even speak English, when he first comes back? I wonder how they are going to deal with that.
>>
>>78003786
Fisk never thought of himself as a villain until the last episode, and by then it was too late to take control of that awareness. Daredevil already had him.

Kilgrave was just a small-time fruitbasket who didn't know how to capitalize on the power he had when he finally got it. He could have held all of New York ransom to keep Jessica at Bay, but instead he decided to run away on a boat for reasons.
>>
>>78005968
He was a kid when he left. In all likelihood, he'd a have a weird accent and customs, but they may sidestep that.
>>
>>78006108
He could have a chinese-esque accent? He'll probably speaks fluent Mandarin, in any case. I wonder how they'll deal with the K'un-L'un stuff.
>>
>>78006108
I hope we see some of that. When he first comes back to earth he's always comparing Earth to K'un-Lun. He's a very awkward fella.
>>
>>78005572
Inter-Galactic Highjinks?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.